Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13422 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Thoughts on Emma Frost's Fate in IVX 6 *SPOILERS*

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PsychicHobo

Personally I hate it as I really liked Emma Frost and thought she could get a little bit more spot light now that Scott's dead but turning her bat sh*t crazy and making her a villain (again) after she put her villainous ways behind her was a bad idea.

Also, did anyone see the PIS with Medusa beating Psylocke and cracking Emma? I never recalled her hair to be that strong.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By adamTRMM

Seriously with the amount of fanfavorite characters that they successfully trashed the fact that this franchise is still going on... And still has lots of fanfavorites. That must mean something right?

Poor Emma, she was a good character.

Avatar image for the-grandmaster
    The-Grandmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horrible

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I really wanted to see her in a Generation X type role and was hoping she'd come out of this event but as soon as I saw the cover of IVX 6 I knew that wasn't gonna happen. I was assuming she'd die or be shattered in diamond form and be stored somewhere but her turning into a psychopathic villain... I don't know. I'm just hoping her probably limited appearances are going to be good (definitely not if they are going to write her like they did in this story)

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew she was going crazy. However, I feel bad how terrible they did her like that. There is no coming back for her. I truly feel bad for Emma Fans.

I hate Medusa.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psychichobo:

As an idea for returning to teaching? With the roster that has been picked? I dunno...

On this forum, a kind of consensus for Emma's growth as a character was to reopen and reorganize X-corp. I guess this little fanfix completely took over me I'd really be disappointed with anything else lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's bullshit!!

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: It really is. Sucks too because there is ABSOLUTELY no go back for her character. Her fate was sealed when she destroyed the Zeppelin mother ship. If she ever ends it's no doubt going to be death or imprisonment. A sad day when they throw away the growth that took place in the last 16 years she's been with the X-Men....

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PyroFN  Online

It only takes out-of-character writing to ruin a character. Ruin is not the word I'd use for this. I would go with annihilate and grounded to fine powder and then swept into the trash.

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Yeah, I'm so disappointed to see this happen (as I have made VERY clear lol) I'm not holding too much hope for the character anymore. Which sucks because I jumped into comics from Astonishing X-Men and she became my favorite character (I didn't really grow up with her but my comic reading did I guess) and to see her become evil right after she came back after like 2-3 years of a hiatus kinda sucks. I mean I would've preferred a death but not this (more like dying protecting her students you know something Emma actually WOULD do).

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The X-Women are getting screwed over. First it was Jean, then Emma and maybe some other I don't know about.

Seems like all of Cyclops' love interests are dying. Let's look at the bodycount:

1. Jean Grey - my beloved Jean you must return and kick that usurper Kid Jean's ass back to her alternate timeline.
    2. Professor X
    3. Wolverine
    4. Cyclops
    5. Emma Frost
    6. Madelyne Pryor

Anyone else I'm missing?

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PsychicHobo

@ursaber: I think there's a big one you are missing.... *Cough Logan**

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psychichobo: No I'm not. I already listed Wolverine (Original Logan) in number 3.

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Oops lol guess I didn't see him. Oh poor Logan you were the 4th to go...:'(

candy_cindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost got screwed by MARVEL, I Will never Forgive MARVEL for this

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PyroFN  Online

@ursaber: Psylocke did become a love interest at one point but it didn't really stick, nor was it entirely mutual. At best it was maybe a slight attraction. Interestingly she has died before.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost got screwed by MARVEL, I Will never Forgive MARVEL for this

Join the club. I wasn't very into Emma but she was a great character. Marvel screwed me and a lot of others one time to many with Original Jean's death, Xavier's, Hulk, Spider Man and One More Day, take your pick.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ursaber

@pyrofn said:

@ursaber: Psylocke did become a love interest at one point but it didn't really stick, nor was it entirely mutual. At best it was maybe a slight attraction. Interestingly she has died before.

Well she's still alive and I never heard of her and Cyclops so it must've been pretty obscure so not much consequence here. But I am kinda looking forward to Emma being the Black Queen again and hopefully begin a new Hellfire Club. We need good villains.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PyroFN  Online

#EmmaFrostisRight

MTOL008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @pyrofn said:

Well she's still alive and I never heard of her and Cyclops so it must've been pretty obscure so not much consequence here. But I am kinda looking forward to Emma being the Black Queen again and hopefully begin a new Hellfire Club. We need good villains.

Im looking for to see Emma's future
    but a think that people get confuse, she is not evil again, she was villain in the begin of her character now she is doing all that cause she believed in her cause she is after justice revenge in name of Scott.
    Yes she is going crazy blind by hate and she will be hunt down specially by Eric but
    Im looking for what gonna be the deal. not sure if she will be back to Hell fire club is too close reminder of Shaw and the past that she says that she want to leave behind but for the back of the image kind of reminde me that but in other hand for the costume that she was wearing in the end I think she will be connect to Ghost of Cyclops group, the ones from all new Xmen.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtol008:

She is seen donning a Cyclops-Magneto hybrid helmet (which looks kinda badass). I think its a safer bet that she may probably bring back the Hellfire Club but will honor the memory of Cyclops as an idol to her group. That or she's on her own.

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PsychicHobo

@mtol008: I definitely think she's going to go the evil crazy villain route. The thing your talking about does sound a bit interesting though. But I just hope nothing as bad as IVX occurs, Crazy Emma Broken Overpowered Medusa... smh they really screwed things up IMO.

MTOL008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtol008: I definitely think she's going to go the evil crazy villain route. The thing your talking about does sound a bit interesting though. But I just hope nothing as bad as IVX occurs, Crazy Emma Broken Overpowered Medusa... smh they really screwed things up IMO.

AGREED!!!
    I hate thet trying to give the Inhumans some "POWER"
    was ridiculous that Medusa could break Emma on her D form

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtol008: I don't mind if they make them powerful as they are a very powerful race of people. But Medusa was purely overpowered, being able avoid Emma and Psylocke's telepathy and having her hair (which I recall being around two tons in the strength department) crack Emma's diamond form. It was just too much.

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psychichobo: It made no sense her trying to get mutants killed at the end and not caring about their survival. It makes sense with her character to want to avenge cyclops and kill Inhumans but, i doubt she would give up cyclops dream in the process.

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpesmerga10: Exactly, I'm just mad they ruined a great character who deserved some more love in the first place. I doubt this psychotic villain thing will be a good thing for readers or her character.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This site doesn't allow harsh swearing.

Those are my thought.

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psychichobo: I would not mind if she ended up teaming up with Selene and Madelyn Pryor(616). Did we ever find out who she was having a secret meeting with in issue one?

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How she controlled Magneto so easily? Wans't that hard even for Xavier?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lame ending to a lame story line. Tons of WIS and PIS. Just a mess.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bluehope said:

No Caption Provided

MTOL008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

she was talking with Dazzler.

she was controlling Eric cause he was without the helmet thats is hes only defense from T.
    Emma is a very strong mutant she is Omega level and she once over power the professor X and look around at hes mind. and she was F mad so adrenaline probably have a strong influence on that... play a important part in humans level of strength maybe have some influence in mutant powers in a distressful situation

one thing that I was curious about it.

when Emma lost her arm in D form she needs to get the "rest of the arm "and get back in the D form to put it back and she need the help to put it back.

and have no mention in what part of her body did Medusa break and in other situation would not be a better image showing Medusa break Emma? not just a diamond piece on the floor?

my doubt is, was really something that break? or was a tear?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DiamondDiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtol008: I can't even begin to understand how Emma is even crying in diamond form when she is completely void of emotion. As for the crack that overpowered bs Medusa made on Emma.... How is that even possible when Emma's diamond form has been shown to stand it's own against the strength of HULK! The writers of Marvel are playing too much and gave Medusa too much credit. She ain't all that and a bag of chips.... She's maaaaaaaybe a side of chips, if that..... But, back to Emma... The writers are just trying to make Emma Scott's right hand still. Emma can stand on her own without having Scott even mentioned. He's dead! Let him go!!! Emma would NOT be doing all this over Scott. She loved him but, c'mon, this is getting a bit much! And as for this whole helmet thing.... I don't know how to feel. The White Queen has never donned a helmet (besides when using cerebro). The costume is a little cute but I'm still disgusted on how they did Emma. But, IF she IS going to be a "villain" again, she better be calling all the mf mutant villains to her aid. I want to see her heading the next Sisterhood of Evil Mutants. She better have Selene, Madelyne, CORDELIA (where tf has her sister Cordelia Frost been?), Mystique, a whole lot of other women! I vote for an all woman villain team to rock the world of X-Men and Inhumans.... IF they even want a piece! #EmmaFrostIsRight #EmmaFrostForQueen #EmmaFrostHellfireQueen #NewSisterhoodofMutants #MarvelDidEmmaFrostDirty

PsychicHobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diamonddiva:Lol yeah the diamond form thing is just pure PIS on Medusa's part, she has never been shown that strong. She usually cries before getting into diamond form and the tears I guess kinda just carry over and transform as well. I just think Emma going BACK to being a villain is ruining her character development and she's just gonna be swept aside and never be heard from again.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Stupid agenda pushing. Lackluster writing. Turning one of the only good Inhumans and most powerful BlackBolt, into fodder. Turning Medusa into a Mary Sue for no reason. Way too many other out of character moments. I'd take another couple years of Bendis again over the crap we've had over the last two years.

What happened to Emma, and this whole event, was utter shit.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Not sure about the writing too much. Was kind of off to me.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Ahura will come seeking revenge for the 3 zeppelins full of inhumans that Emma frost destroyed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.