Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13422 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men General Discussion

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By ursaber

Everything X-Men related from comics, movies, tv series, video games, merchandise, etc.

No Caption Provided

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ursaber

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/11/foxs-x-men-tv-series-is-called-gifted?abthid=58c4447fda3b804770000009

FOX'S X-MEN TV SERIES IS CALLED GIFTED

The show, whose pilot will be directed by X-Men movie director Bryan Singer, is called Gifted. X-Men franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner shared the news while tweeting a photo of a cast reading.

It also seems The Originals and The Vampire Diaries star Joseph Morgan has been cast in Gifted, as Morgan can be seen in the photo. Currently, The Originals' fate hasn't been decided for another season, but with Morgan's casting, it leaves the Vampire Dairies spinoff's future in doubt - though Morgan could also just be a guest star in the Gifted pilot. Interestingly, the character listed for both Morgan and the previously-cast Sean Teale (Incorporated) on their name cards in the photo are the same - "Eclipse." Teale's Marcos Diaz/Eclipse is a mutant created for Gifted -- which will blend new and familiar mutants -- who can absorb and manipulate photons. Whether Morgan is playing some sort of connected character or they are protecting who he's truly playing remains to be seen.

Gifted's cast includes Jamie Chung (Once Upon A Time) as the mutant Blink; Blair Redford (Switched at Birth, Satisfaction) as the mutant Thunderbird; Stephen Moyer (True Blood) as an attorney named Reed; Amy Acker (Person of Interest) as Reed's estranged wife, Katie; Natalie Alyn Lind (Gotham) as one of their mutant children, Lauren; Percy Hynes White (Defiance) as Andy; and Emma Dumont (Pretty Little Liars) as Polaris.

*Update: Redford's character had previously been listed as "Sam" but a new instagram post from his co-star Lind has now revealed he's the X-Men comic book character Thunderbird (heads up via @XMenSaga on Twitter).

Gifted -- written by Matt Nix (Burn Notice) and co-produced by Marvel and Fox -- is expected to be connected to the movies and its story revolves around a family joining an underground mutant network after the parents discover their children have special powers.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So Singer is still doing X-Men. I remember a report a few months ago that said he will no longer be involved in the movies at all.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This show could be interesting. It has similarities with the Morlocks, but the lineup appears to be more like Exiles or the future mutant team from DOFP.

MacDio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the sound of the show. Legion is alright, but this sounds like it will dig deeper into X-Men lore.

@invain said:

So Singer is still doing X-Men. I remember a report a few months ago that said he will no longer be involved in the movies at all.

Where was that said? I liked Singer's movies, but after 17 years, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him go.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Looks like Thunderbird will be in this. Also a character called Jace

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Invain

@macdio said:

Where was that said? I liked Singer's movies, but after 17 years, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him go.

http://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-reboot/

First of all, Bryan Singer will not be returning to direct another X-Men movie, despite the rumor we had heard that the next X-Men sequel would shoot in 2017 with him behind the camera. This is a bit surprising since Singer was already talking about how the next movie could take the mutants into space, perhaps delivering a better version of the Dark Phoenix Saga to the big screen.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

They should do an Apocalypses arch now where Cyclops, Wolverine, Madrox, and Professor X are brought back as the four horsemen.

imfxlix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Even though I'd love to see long haired Cyclops in Apocalypse, I REALLY doubt that it's going to happen, since we just had an Apocalypse movie.

I think they're just gonna go a little deeper with the surprise, my child is a mutant, kind of dynamic, which we never truly explored in the movies/tv shows. Hell, if it's well written and the cast does a good job, we may have something simple, but really interesting.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm curious if the new character they cast named "Eclipse" is actually Sunspot. Kinda wish Singer would step away from the X-Men and give someone else a shot, though.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If it's anything like Legion, I'll love it. Any X-Men related TV show is a welcome.

Nice to see Singer is still sticking around the franchise. I guess after the negative response to X-Men: Apocalypse, he decided that now's the time to step down from directing X-Men movies and be more of a behind-the-scenes guy.

If the Apocalypse's response was overwhelming positive like it was for Days of Future Past, I guarantee he'd be directing the next X-flick right now.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imfxlix said:

@teerack: Even though I'd love to see long haired Cyclops in Apocalypse, I REALLY doubt that it's going to happen, since we just had an Apocalypse movie.

I think they're just gonna go a little deeper with the surprise, my child is a mutant, kind of dynamic, which we never truly explored in the movies/tv shows. Hell, if it's well written and the cast does a good job, we may have something simple, but really interesting.

I wasn't talking about the movies I was thinking it be a good way to unkill everyone all at once in the comics.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ursaber

@teerack said:
    @imfxlix said:

I wasn't talking about the movies I was thinking it be a good way to unkill everyone all at once in the comics.

Yeah, Original Jean Grey is due a resurrection after 13 years on hiatus. Marvel should just stop killing their characters and tell good hero vs villain stories like in the classic days but with modern styles and sensibilities. And bring Jean without the Deus Ex Machina curse that is the Phoenix.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @teerack said:
    @imfxlix said:

Yeah, Original Jean Grey is due a resurrection after 13 years on hiatus. Marvel should just stop killing their characters and tell good hero vs villain stories like in the classic days but with modern styles and sensibilities. And bring Jean without the Deus Ex Machina curse that is the Phoenix.

I agree. Heroes should die once every 10 or so years to make it actually something to care about now just as shock value to prop up their uninteresting events every year.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @ursaber said:
    @teerack said:
    @imfxlix said:

I agree. Heroes should die once every 10 or so years to make it actually something to care about now just as shock value to prop up their uninteresting events every year.

Only Marvel hero who's stayed dead is Mar-Vell.

The rest have died and come back. When a hero is resurrected, he/she will never properly die or stay dead so they should drop the idea of killing them and just tell their stories.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @teerack said:
    @ursaber said:
    @teerack said:
    @imfxlix said:

Only Marvel hero who's stayed dead is Mar-Vell.

The rest have died and come back. When a hero is resurrected, he/she will never properly die or stay dead so they should drop the idea of killing them and just tell their stories.

Clearly I know that? :P Since Superman came back to life Marvel and DC have lost all interest in respecting the idea of death. The only place it matters now is in alternate universe or different companies like Image.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Clearly I know that? :P Since Superman came back to life Marvel and DC have lost all interest in respecting the idea of death. The only place it matters now is in alternate universe or different companies like Image.

But before Superman, Jean was killed off in Dark Phoenix Saga and resurrected as part of Jim Shooter's editorial retcon. Phoenix Rising I think it was. She began Marvel's character resurrection trope and became its poster child but you already knew that :)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @teerack said:

But before Superman, Jean was killed off in Dark Phoenix Saga and resurrected as part of Jim Shooter's editorial retcon. Phoenix Rising I think it was. She began Marvel's character resurrection trope and became its poster child but you already knew that :)

It kind of made sense with Jean being the Phoenix since life, death, and resurrection is what a Phoenix is all about, and even before Jean it sorta happened with Captain America and a few other characters but it wasn't really a anything high profile. After The Death and Return of Superman story line(which was record breaking in terms of sales) there was an actual resonance of new stories where characters came back from the dead. It was the sorta thing that fueled right into and lead to the 90's being ruled by garbage like the Onslaught Saga, Clone Saga, Heroes Reborn, Emerald Twilight, etc. It introduced this era to comics where people felt like they could do anything with a character because they could always undo it and reboot it. Which when you compare comics from the 80s to the 90s its really clear that writers actually put a lot of thought into the consequences of the stories in the 80s, while in the 90s it was just a cocaine fueled fever dream that lead to marvel almost going out of business.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @ursaber said:
    @teerack said:

It kind of made sense with Jean being the Phoenix since life, death, and resurrection is what a Phoenix is all about, and even before Jean it sorta happened with Captain America and a few other characters but it wasn't really a anything high profile. After The Death and Return of Superman story line(which was record breaking in terms of sales) there was an actual resonance of new stories where characters came back from the dead. It was the sorta thing that fueled right into and lead to the 90's being ruled by garbage like the Onslaught Saga, Clone Saga, Heroes Reborn, Emerald Twilight, etc. It introduced this era to comics where people felt like they could do anything with a character because they could always undo it and reboot it. Which when you compare comics from the 80s to the 90s its really clear that writers actually put a lot of thought into the consequences of the stories in the 80s, while in the 90s it was just a cocaine fueled fever dream that lead to marvel almost going out of business.

Well said. At least the early 90's were good, BUT it eventually led to the mid and late 90's which were godawful. Death of Superman was definitely more popular and mainstream so points for that.

I don't know how Captain America ended during the 40's but technically he didn't die. He became an icicle. AND so was Jean Grey. The Jean Grey resurrection told the story that Phoenix took on Jean's form and the real Jean was in a cocoon in Jamaica Bay. So she died but it was retconned. In any case I'm glad they did because Jean Grey is my favorite X-Men of all time. I just wish Dark Phoenix Saga had happened like the 90's X-Men TAS where Jean killed herself but the Phoenix revived her with the help of the X-Men's life forces and then went off to continue being Guardian of Creation. Better that way.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FX RENEWS LEGION FOR SEASON 2

FX has announced it's renewed Legion for a second season. The Marvel series, which is set in the X-Men universe, is currently airing its first season.

Noah Hawley will continue to serve as creator and executive producer on Legion: Season 2, which will debut in 2018.

"We are thrilled there will be a new season of Legion. Noah's spectacular take on David Haller and all the other characters he brought to life makes us ache for more. We're particularly proud of our partners at FX and the success we share on our first TV series together," Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer and Head of Marvel Television, said in a statement.

Legion's eight-episode first season is currently airing on FX. Its sixth episode airs Wednesday, March 15, and sees David Haller going "back to where it all started." To catch up on Legion, make sure to read IGN's reviews of Season 1 so far.

"There's a certain impish quality to the show that really appeals to me," star Dan Stevens told IGN of bringing Legion to life. "If you're going to talk about things that are that big and that heavy, you don't need to be serious about it. You can present it seriously, but it doesn't have to be serious all the time. I think that fits with David the character. It's part of his characteristic. That to me is what the spirit of comic books is about. That's why it appeals to me."

This isn't the only series Hawley is working on. He's also showrunning Fargo: Season 3, which is currently filming. Starring Ewan McGregor, Carrie Coon, David Thewlis and Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Season 3 will premiere on Wednesday, April 19th at 10 p.m. Here's a tease of how the new Fargo will connect to past seasons.

Meanwhile, FOX is currently developing another Marvel/X-Men TV series called Gifted. Written by Matt Nix (Burn Notice) and co-produced by Marvel and FOX, Gifted revolves around a family joining an underground mutant network after the parents discover their children have special powers. The series stars Jamie Chung as the mutant Blink; Blair Redford as the mutant Thunderbird; Stephen Moyer as an attorney named Reed; Amy Acker as Reed's estranged wife, Caitlin; Natalie Alyn Lind as one of their mutant children, Lauren; Percy Hynes White as Andy; Coby Bell (as Jace; and Emma Dumont as Polaris. Unlike Legion, Gifted is expected to tie-in to the X-Men movies.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's rumored X-force has a director already. And I'm kind of intrigued.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3053198/

Have you seen Smokin' Aces? That movie had a strong Guy Ritchie vibe and stylewise I say it did deliver. Plot was somewhat messy, but regardless there were some gold elements of cinematography and soundtrack that I still love to this very day. Now they also need to bring in Clint Mansell to create the score and we have something real to be hyped about.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

It's rumored X-force has a director already. And I'm kind of intrigued.

That sounds like it could be good. I don't know how to feel about Ryan Reynolds writing because as far as I know, he has not written before. It kind of reminds me of how comic book artist in the 90s received crazy hype, and were allowed to start writing. We ended up with the dull plots of Jim Lee and Todd McFarland and the bad plots by Rob Liefeld. Eh, at least it can't end up being as bad as the original source material.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain:

I'm with ya on this, same feeling right here. I hope these guys' success won't get them drunk with it because that's where fall from grace naturally lies all the time.

Well, knowing Wolverine Origins, it actually kinda can :p

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

I don't know... I thought that X-Men Origins: Wolverine was more entertaining than Liefeld's X-Force. I mean, I was able to get through the movie. I can't say the same about Liefeld's run in the comics.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain:

Different medium, different standards and demands. :p It's a known phenomenon lots of people feel obliged to finish the movie they started to watch no matter how bad it is. Regardless, it's a concentrated experience with a calculated beginning and an end. Comics aren't that easily dealt with, you wait month after month, and you can simply stop purchasing it because.........

But that is a good point I must say.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macdio: @teerack: @invain: @marvelman92: @adamtrmm:@pyrofn@hopesummersforthefuture

Marvel's Generations Crossover To Bring Back Dead Heroes With Legacy Ties

http://comicbook.com/2017/03/24/marvels-generations-crossover-to-bring-back-dead-heroes-with-leg

There will be ten stories all crossing over in a larger "Generations" story, pairing up heroes with alternate takes on their own idea and with big-name writers, most of whom have a lot of history with the hero in question.

Here's the complete list of character pairings and writers:

• Iron Man (Tony Stark and Riri Williams) – written by Brian Michael Bendis
    • Spider-Man (Peter Parker and Miles Morales) – Brian Michael Bendis
    • Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers and Kamala Khan) – G. Willow Wilson
    • Thor (Odinson and Jane Foster) – Jason Aaron
    • Hawkeye (Clint Barton and Kate Bishop) – Kelly Thompson
    • Hulk (Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho) – Greg Pak
    • Jean Grey (young and older) – Dennis Hopeless
    • Wolverine (Logan and X23) – Tom Taylor
    • Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell and Carol Danvers) – Margie Stohl
    • Captain America (Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson) – Nick Spencer

Fans have long been expecting to see Wolverine and The Hulk back -- and other characters, like Captain America and Thor, had status quo changes that also seemed pretty temporary. But after years of reading along with a younger Jean Grey, the decision to bring back her older, oft-dead-and-resurrected counterpart is a surprise.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

~Goes back to bed~ Wake me when they F this up.

MacDio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they are bringing back the original Jean but still keeping the teen one?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macdio said:

Seems so. Hopefully Original Jean takes over the Jean solo comic and Teen Jeen remains in X-Men Blue or goes back in time with the other time displaced X-Men. Hope Summers should've been Jean's legacy character. I would've picked Rachel but she's her own superheroine.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're bringing Wolverine back, then hopefully they will send Old Man Logan back to his reality.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @macdio said:

Seems so. Hopefully Original Jean takes over the Jean solo comic and Teen Jeen remains in X-Men Blue or goes back in time with the other time displaced X-Men. Hope Summers should've been Jean's legacy character. I would've picked Rachel but she's her own superheroine.

Yeah, Teen Jean Never Actually Really Made Any Sense To Be A Legacy Character. In All Honesty, That Title Would've Belonged More To Her Daughters Hope And Rachel Summers. Though I Do Agree That Hope Makes Alot More Sense Than Rachel. I Mean She Even Has More Power Than Her. Rachel Should Just Be Her Own Hero Like You Said...

@invain said:

If they're bringing Wolverine back, then hopefully they will send Old Man Logan back to his reality.

I Really Do Hope That The Original Middle Aged Version Of Logan Does Come Back So That The Older Version Could Actually Really Go Back To His Own Timeline And Finish The Job That He Started.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ursaber

@ursaber said:
    @macdio said:

Yeah, Teen Jean Never Actually Really Made Any Sense To Be A Legacy Character. In All Honesty, That Title Would've Belonged More To Her Daughters Hope And Rachel Summers. Though I Do Agree That Hope Makes Alot More Sense Than Rachel. I Mean She Even Has More Power Than Her. Rachel Should Just Be Her Own Hero Like You Said...

To me, replacing the Original classic character, in this case Jean Grey, with merely a younger undeveloped version of herself is regressive and counterproductive. Its like, my legacy character is myself. Its stupid. Rachel is her own woman, her own superheroine. Kinda like how Spider Girl is her own superheroine now. Hope on the other hand is the best suitable legacy for Jean Grey. She has her own interesting story and power sets and to tell the truth, she was like a reincarnation of Jean. That is much better than Tean Jeen or Tean.

MarvelMan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @marvelman92 said:
    @ursaber said:
    @macdio said:

To me, replacing the Original classic character, in this case Jean Grey, with merely a younger undeveloped version of herself is regressive and counterproductive. Its like, my legacy character is myself. Its stupid. Rachel is her own woman, her own superheroine. Kinda like how Spider Girl is her own superheroine now. Hope on the other hand is the best suitable legacy for Jean Grey. She has her own interesting story and power sets and to tell the truth, she was like a reincarnation of Jean. That is much better than Tean Jeen or Tean.

Yeah, Hope Actually Has Everything That Is Different From Her Sister, Rachel, And Her Mother, Jean. She Actually Has Everything That Makes Her A Legacy Character. Rachel, Despite Being Related To Jean And Has The Powers Of The Phoenix Force, She Is Really Her Own Person With Her Own Life. She's Not Really All That Interested In Taking Her Own Mother's Place. Hope On The Other Hand Has Everything That Makes Her Interesting And Is Actually The Chosen One Of The Phoenix And Saviour Of Mutant Kind And All Of Humanity And The Cosmos And Possibly The Entire Multiverse. She's Also Pretty Tied To The Other Characters Of The Marvel Universe Like Tony Stark, Cap, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, And Even Spider-Man Who Is "Destined" To Be Her Teacher And Master. If Anyone Is Gonna Care Jean's Own Legacy, It's Gotta Be Her Youngest Daughter, Hope. The Teenage Version Of Jean Grey Doesn't Even Make Sense To Consider Herself As A Legacy Character. It's Actually Like If The Younger Version Of Tony Stark Took His Adult Self's Legacy Or If A Younger Version Of Characters Like Matthew Murdock, Frank Castle, Or Steve Rogers Taking Their Adult Selves' Legacies. Frank Would Make The Least Sense Out Of Any Of Them As Well As A Skinnier Version Of Steve Rogers. This Kind Of Legacy Doesn't Even Really Make Any Sense Like At All. Like You Said, It Was More Of A Regression Of Jean Rather Than A Development For This Character. Anyway, I Really Hope To See The Original Jean Grey Back And The Younger Versions Going Back To Their Own Timeline. Honestly, Those Kiddie Versions Have Been Nothing But Trouble Eversince They've Gotten Here TBH....

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/29/x-men-prime-1-review

X-MEN PRIME #1 REVIEW

Last time Marvel published a comic called X-Men Prime, the franchise was transitioning from the highly enjoyable Age of Apocalypse crossover to the bloated, convoluted Onslaught era. Needless to say, the "Prime" name is not one X-fans tend to hold in high regard. But with the franchise now moving forward from one of its weakest, most underwhelming periods ever, the hope is that maybe the process will play out in reverse. Based solely on this issue, however, the future of the franchise remains uncertain.

Basically, X-Men Prime #1 offers the same basic story we see nearly every time the franchise goes through a transitional phase. The team is scattered and adrift following their war with the Inhumans. Kitty Pryde is returning to the fold after a long absence. Various team members are questioning whether the X-Men even have a place in the current Marvel Universe, which echoes (probably intentionally) questions readers have been voicing over the past few years. The X-Men need someone to guide them in this uncertain new world, and writers Marc Guggenheim, Cullen Bunn and Greg Pak attempt to make a strong case for Kitty.

They're successful in that much, at least. This issue does a nice job of exploring Kitty's history with the team and the way she seems to keep getting pulled back into the soap opera-fueled life of an X-Man. There's a nice sense of storytelling symmetry as the issue hearkens back to the early Claremont/Byrne era and it becomes clear the student has now become the master. The opening sequence is particularly strong, with Guggenheim and artist Ken Lashley following Kitty as she practices an old dance routine and silently reflects on the weird course her life. Lashley renders the majority of this issue, and while he captures the angular, '90s-influenced aesthetic Marvel is clearly striving for with ResurrXion, there's not a great deal of emotional weight to his pages. The opening pages are the exceptions, with Kitty's graceful body language leaving a much stronger impression than anything that follows.

If this issue is successful at maneuvering Kitty into becoming the face of the franchise, it accomplishes little else. The story tends to meander, doing little more than welcoming Kitty back into the fold and establishing where the X-Men are making their home this time. It's not entirely clear why this issue needs to exist at all, and why the main story couldn't simply have been told in the opening chapter of X-Men Gold.

This issue does also attempt to set the stage for Bunn's X-Men Blue and Pak's Weapon X through a handful of interlude scenes. Bunn shows that he has a strong handle on the Original Five X-Men, though it's not clear yet how X-Men Blue will blaze new ground in the wake of both volumes of All-New X-Men. The Weapon X scenes suffer from a sense of disconnect, as they really have no tie to the main plot and tend to abruptly cut in and out. Nor does Pak's off-kilter portrayal of Lady Deathstrike as a well-meaning anti-hero ring true. Ibraim Roberson's art is solid in these scenes, though, and hopefully we'll see more of his work on the actual Weapon X book.

The Verdict

X-Men Prime #1 includes some strong moments as it attempts to build a new status quo for the weary mutants. But those moments don't necessarily add up to a cohesive whole. This issue lacks the excitement and energy needed to revitalize a franchise that's been in sorry shape for the past couple years. If ResurrXion is truly going to fix the X-Men, it needs to be more daring than this.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently, Brad Pitt as Cable was a real thing:

http://collider.com/deadpool-2-brad-pitt-cable-david-leitch/

lol could you imagine?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Apparently, Brad Pitt as Cable was a real thing:

http://collider.com/deadpool-2-brad-pitt-cable-david-leitch/

lol could you imagine?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That looks pretty awesome!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By adamTRMM

@ursaber:

Totally. I wasn't instantly surprised hyped and back lol

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I refuse to see any x-men movie every again so no need to tag me in this.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ursaber

@teerack said:

@ursaber: I refuse to see any x-men movie every again so no need to tag me in this.

Aright then. Curious to know why though. Was Apocalypse that terrible for you or did Logan drive you to tears?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
    @teerack said:

Aright then. Curious to know why though. Was Apocalypse that terrible for you or did Logan drive you to tears?

Haven't seen Logan. I don't want to give fox any money to prolong them doing the x-men wrong. Hugh Jackmen, Jenifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, and Michael Fassbender have been carrying the fox films on their backs, and most of those people are now done with x-men. I only see the x-men movies spiraling down from here. Fox took the Fantastic Four and turned into a toxic pot of garbage to the point where Marvel gave up on them. I'm not going to give Fox a single dollar for any of the movies they make. I watch their movies as they come out on bluray for free online, because I want fox to lose money and sell the marvel rights back.

I've heard Logan was good and it probably will be cool when I do see it, but they had Huge Jackman in how many movies and we never saw anything close to a wolverine costume? lol I'm sorry but no Fox can not do the x-men right and I'm not really interested in helping to prolong these series of power ranger esk movies with x-men slapped over the title.

Just compare the entire x-men movie series to the scene at the air port in civil war. Think about how awesome that fight was in civil war. Now take a second and think, think long and hard.... dun dun dun! The x-men in ALL of their stupid movies have never ever functioned as a team like that. Every single movie they just split up and have these crappy solo fights. I remember watching Apocalypse and with hope after Days of Future Past rebooted the universe and cracking up when Scott is just like "lets split up!" right as the action was all coming together. Fox has learned nothing.

Also if Marvel could get the full rights back to the x-men they could just go back to being Marvel comics, because the x-men is the most diverse super hero team of all time, and marvel has been making lots of new nobody characters(who a handful of I do like) to compensate because they don't own the x-men fully.

I want the magic to return to the x-men in the comics and I'd love to actually see something I'd consider an x-men movie, so even is most "fans" of the x-men are happy hurting the franchise by going to see these crap movies I'm not going to be part of it.

(this all seemed like a shorted post in my head)

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@teerack: To be fair, solo fights were also in the original horsemen story arc. Not to mention there was no X-Men team in Apocalypse until the very end.

Even the story X2 was hugely inspired by had the team split up.

And Days of Future Past did show the future X-Men acting as a team.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: To be fair, solo fights were also in the original horsemen story arc. Not to mention there was no X-Men team in Apocalypse until the very end.

Even the story X2 was hugely inspired by had the team split up.

And Days of Future Past did show the future X-Men acting as a team.

Pretty poor excuse considering how the x-films have always taken so many creative liberties its kinda pointless comparing them to comics plots.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Marvel is not going to get the movie rights back. At worst, they will just stop making X-Men movies and focus on solo characters like Wolverine and Deadpool.

but they had Huge Jackman in how many movies and we never saw anything close to a wolverine costume?

Why do you care about a costume? Read Wolverine's solo by Chris Claremont, Warren Ellis, Frank Teri, Greg Ruka, or even the story that the movie was loosley based off of, Old Man Logan -- Wolverine doesn't wear a costume in any of those runs. Wolverine often isn't even a Superhero comic, so the idea of a costume would be ridiculous. Even the X-Men when written by Chris Claremont didn't really suit the definition of a superhero comic, especially in the 80s. That uniqueness is part of what made the X-Men so popular.

Just compare the entire x-men movie series to the scene at the air port in civil war. Think about how awesome that fight was in civil war. Now take a second and think, think long and hard.... dun dun dun! The x-men in ALL of their stupid movies have never ever functioned as a team like that.

They did here:

Loading Video...

On a side note, action has never been Brian Singer's strong point. He always focused more on storytelling and drama. A different director can easily change that.

Also if Marvel could get the full rights back to the x-men they could just go back to being Marvel comics, because the x-men is the most diverse super hero team of all time, and marvel has been making lots of new nobody characters(who a handful of I do like) to compensate because they don't own the x-men fully.

Yet Marvel does't have a problem advertising Spider-Man and Deadpool.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PyroFN

@ursaber: His problem was her accent? You gotta be kidding me. That is total nitpicking. There was nothing wrong with Sophie Turners performance. Not to mention Jean's ancestor, Lady Jean Grey, had lived in England.(I tend to believe she was real rather than an illusion of Masterminds) I can forgive the accent so long as she can emanate Jean that is believable. She doesn't have to be exactly like her, but she should do her best with what she's got. (And she has done way better than what I expected back when I saw X-Men: Apocalypse)

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@ursaber: His problem was her accent? You gotta be kidding me. That is total nitpicking. There was nothing wrong with Sophie Turners performance. Not to mention Jean's ancestor, Lady Jean Grey, had lived in England.(I tend to believe she was real rather than an illusion of Masterminds) I can forgive the accent so long as she can emanate Jean that is believable. She doesn't have to be exactly like her, but she should do her best with what she's got. (And she has done way better than what I expected back when I saw X-Men: Apocalypse)

The sentiment, sadly is not mutual. Sophie's career begins with her iconic Sansa Stark role in Game of Thrones (a show which I follow and love beyond all others) and her performance in X-Men Apocalypse was less than appealing. Her accent and appearance are not the issue but her portrayal of the character left a lot to be desired and I still saw her as Sansa Stark in the movie unable to shake the reins of that role even if its still ongoing. There was this seriousness about her that wasn't compelling.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I can understand your frustrations with Fox. That said, you can't claim that they've never worked as a team in big fights, it sadly just took them awhile and started at the third one, one of the worst. Magneto's army vs the U.S. army and X-Men. First Class they fought the Hellfire Club on the beach together, Days of Future Past the future X-Men fended off against the Sentinels on two occasions, and X-Men: Apocalypse had them against the Horsemen and later Apocalypse. (Granted, Jean did the grunt of the work and is debatable as to whether the others were really needed, but you ant deny that they came in to help) The X-Men also do need to go to war to be a team. X-Men 1: Scott and Storm saving Logan and Rogue from Sabertooth and the exploding vehicle. (Two people atill counts as a team) Later at Lady Liberty, Jean catches and lifts Logan, Storm steadies Logan, and Scott shot him up. X2: Storm and Jean find Kurt together. Storm and Jean fend off against military jets and Kurt saves Rogue from falling out. (You can't honestly tell me that Kurt never would have saved anyone else if they fell out like Rogue did. If no one would have fallen, great, he wasn't needed, but he was definitely good insurance and him acting on his own shows that he didn't need to be asked to help out the team, especially later on.) We actually get some cooperation between Mystique and Magneto. The former infiltrates, Nightcrawler gave Jean the intel on the place when she looked into his mind, and Jean and Magneto handle the soldiers when they get to Mystique. Storm and Kurt also save the captured stufents and free the Professor when Jean alerts them of a mutant trapping him in an illusion. Last Stand: Storm and Logan investigate Alkalai Lake and accompany Xavier to Jeans home. First Class: Mostly Magneto and Xavier working to find mutants, but they also help confront Emma together. Days of Future Past: Kitty Pryde sends Logan thought time to change the past while the future X-Men defend him and Kitty. They later enlist Quicksilver to help them with Magneto's escape. Apocalypse: The young X-Men work together to free the captured Mystique, Beast, Moira McTaggart, and Quicksilver.

As far as the taking of liberties, Marvel is just as guilty of taking liberties as Fox.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.