Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2103 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Bucky and Mockingbird future crossover?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As you all know that Bucky's life was tied to the infinity formula which leaves a huge plot device for future stories of him possibly fighting death and rapid aging or problems with the formula. There is no hint that Bucky is dying or will need it like Fury does.

Well Mockingbird also has a super soldier infinity formula in her body now. I think this leaves it open to a possible crossover between the two or some kind of Bucky might need her help or more specifically the blood in her body to produce a variation of the infinity formula to save his life in the possible future.

I know that Bucky and Natasha were two of the most interesting couples to me since Green Arrow and Black Canary. But since their break up. I'm not saying that Mockingbird and Bucky need to start dating or hook up. but honestly I wouldn't mind a hook up between the two.

No Caption Provided

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Kill off Mockingbird and bring Echo back. How dare you replace a decent character with Hawkeye's Black Widow\Black Canary rip-off love interest. They should have made Bucky & Natasha last. I'm tired of her being tossed around the Marvel Universe.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

NO!!! No she needs to hook back up with Hawkeye

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: It would be a interesting story line. But as for the possible hook up I just don't know. It would be nice seeing Bucky moving on. But then again Nat and Bucky is the only couple I have really been interested in, because of all the history they have together

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: It looks like you might have been on to something with this. Hopefully you have read Secret Avengers #16

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By slimj87d

@thexx: yeah I saw it coming but man was secret avengers a **** tease. 16 issues and you hardly see bucky at all.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: I am pissed about that still. Damn you Spencer. I wonder what Marvel has planned for those three now.

I could see them forming a new Secret Warriors team along with Fury Sr. and 2 or 3 other characters.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: on Comic book resources Spencer responded that it is going to carry over in avengers world.

He responded to us in the forum because we were complaining.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Okay cool thanks for the info. Now I just need to add Avengers World to my pull list again.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: Honestly, I learned from Secret Avengers. I think we should wait till a arc where Bucky is involved in and then buy the back issues. Once Bucky's in the picture, I'll get the back issues and then continue to read.

Unless of course Avengers world is good. The Shang Chi was awesome in the recent issue.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know. While there certainly are connections between the two that could be drawn (The Infinity Formula, working for the same team, their mutual friendship with Clint...), I'm always a little resistant to any Bucky pair-up outside of Widow. Really, I'm fine with Bucky being solo for the time-being. I'm not averse to the idea of him getting together with Mockingbird, but I can't say I'm crazy about it either.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@thexx@slimj87d: Is Bucky finally joining the team or was this just another tease like they did back in Secret Avengers #9?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimj87d

@war_killer said:

@thexx@slimj87d: Is Bucky finally joining the team or was this just another tease like they did back in Secret Avengers #9?

Another tease kind of. It turns out we have a new "Super Secret Avengers" forming, more secret than the secret Avengers I guess.

@veshark said:

I don't know. While there certainly are connections between the two that could be drawn (The Infinity Formula, working for the same team, their mutual friendship with Clint...), I'm always a little resistant to any Bucky pair-up outside of Widow. Really, I'm fine with Bucky being solo for the time-being. I'm not averse to the idea of him getting together with Mockingbird, but I can't say I'm crazy about it either.

I feel the same way. But I definitely think a far future plotline of needing either Bucky or Mockingbirds blood to save one or the other. Or maybe even Nicky Fury might need their help to save his own life. Would be interesting.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

if the Secret Warriors reform I will start reading this book

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dang, Bucky must really like Hawkeyes ex-girlfriends.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Thats what I'm thinking might happen. The team line up could be

• Nick Fury Sr. (Team Leader)
    • Daisy Johnson (Quake) (2nd in command
    • Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier)
    • Mockingbird
    • I say they would need 2 or 3 other members but thats me.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx said:

@jonny_anonymous: Thats what I'm thinking might happen. The team line up could be

• Nick Fury Sr. (Team Leader)
    • Daisy Johnson (Quake) (2nd in command
    • Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier)
    • Mockingbird
    • I say they would need 2 or 3 other members but thats me.

That would be a pretty epic team.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: It would be a pretty epic team. Been thinking about who else and I really can only think of 2 characters and thats Flash Thompson (Agent Venom) & War Machine.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thexx: War Machine would be a good choice in terms of firepower. Agent Venom would also be an interesting choice.

I also could see Loki possibly being a good choice for either team, simply for his magic abilities which could come in handy if the team ever came up against threats of that nature.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.