Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3381 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Can Deadpool Die?

• 95 results
    Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@protect_yourself:

YES HE WOULD SURVIVE. How many times do we have to go over this same concept? Go back and read the rest of the thread. Deadpool is immortal because Thanos cursed him, it has nothing to do with his healing factor. Would Deadpool's body be destroyed beyond regeneration if he was thrown into the sun? Yes. But would he be dead? NO!!!! A new body would simply pop up on earth and his soul/personality would inhabit it. No ifs ands or buts. HE IS IMMORTAL.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@protect_yourself:

I'm not mad but you obviously haven't read any part of the thread or tried to comprehend anything that has been said, Deadpool is cursed with immortality thus he can't die, this has been established in the comics. But thats already been said 20+ times, so I'm just going to abandon trying to explain, I'd have better luck having a brick wall absorb what I'm saying. You can go ahead and keep thinking that throwing him into the sun would kill him, but you're wrong.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@protect_yourself:

I haven't insulted you, I never called you dumb, all I said is you haven't comprehended or read anything posted in this thread. How could this be a debate, I'm given evidence to back my point of view where you have not. You haven't given anything to back your opinion or made any points at all. He is cursed with immortality. What evidence do you have to counter this that makes you believe he can die? Answer that question and then we can have a debate.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MetropolisKid41

@Edamame:

Deadpools still around isn't he? He lived.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By ranvage

@Edamame: Actually, it was never showed if he lived or not.

He said by himself his Healing Factor wasn't the same as it was, it seemed it was wearing out after a thousand years, but there's the Thanos curse fact.

Since the x-force left that time line, we were never sure if he actually died, if he was slowly regenarating or simply poped somewhere else.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ranvage

@Edamame: Well friend, not so long on Deadpool's solo serie he was blown-up by the Hulk.

Somehow he regenerated from that and is acting as good as new.

When it comes to deadpool it's hard to visualize what is and isn't possible.

So we cannot be sure if he would regenerate after being torn apart in the Messiah timeline, since he said he's Healing Factor wasn't the same and since we don't know if the Thanos curse was ongoing until then.

This one is left to interpretation.

Beerhappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By Beerhappy

Deadpool cant really die, ever. But he can get his ass kicked alot, while he laughs about it.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ranvage

Hey everyone, I'm resurrecting the debate upon this topic because it seems Deadpool will actualy die, as our beloved Comic Vine has appointed: http://www.comicvine.com/news/marvel-announces-the-death-of-deadpool/143947/

I'm quite curious to see how he is going to die, and sadly, I really doubt they will mention the Thanos curse. I can bet they will simply run over it, like it never existed.

Nevertheless, I hope his death doesn't screw it up his role in the X-force, for when he comes back of course.

It's really nice to see Wade being part of a team, specially when he is being so well written, like we see in the Uncanny X-force.

I'm quite excited about it, hopefully it will be the event that will change the DP universe, for the best, of course.

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DXmagma

I actually just went through all of X-force recently and honestly, there's no point in him being a part of it. He hasn't really done anything except make a few bad puns. I mean when Fantomex seems to be X-force's solution to EVERYTHING it's a little disheartening that Deadpool gets so little panel time. If you plucked him out of the book I'm not sure it would change anything.

That being said, seeing what effect his death has on his teammates will be interesting. Something I hate about Deadpool books is the complete lack of continuity. "What's that? At the end of Cable and Deadpool he had practically become a hero had a bunch of friends and joined agency X? Not in my book!"

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ranvage

@DXmagma: We talked A LOT about the poor writing in the Deadpool comics. Long story short, you are right in your point of view.

About the X-force, I kind of desagree. He really became a comical character, so it is expected for him to be the "funny man" in every comic he appears.

Even knowing he is the character getting less of the X-force's spotlight, he does have his shinning momments.

He just brawled with Blob, he sacrificed himself to save Fantomex, he was the one to kill the boss in the Deathlock saga and he saved the day during fear it self.

Nevertheless, of course he is replaceble. Upon Marvel latest news, it seems both Wolverine and Archangel are leaving the X-force, so if Logan, the leader, is leaving, anyone could leave.

My worries are not based on the Uncanny's X-force future, but on Wade's.

Of course the X-force would go on without him, but the team have been great for the character's development and it would be a shame if he left during his death, not to come back after he is revived.

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DXmagma

@ranvage: I honestly don't feel those moments are enough. I mean, look at the other members of X-force. Each of them have been faced with problems that require more then just cutting and hitting to overcome, THAT'S character development. Deadpool gets none of that, you could replace him with just about any guy with a sword and get the same results.

Yeah he beat the big bad in the Dethklok arc but it wasn't a major triumph. Now if Deadpool MAX was in-continuity and Wade's dad brutalized his face because he thought he was boning his mom, THAT would make sense. But this was just him being weirded out and came across as weak.

When the fight with Blob came I was actually really excited. "Alright time for Deadpool to shine-oh wait here's Logan to finish him off." I mean, Wade's faced off against Logan and WON, multiple times! Why can't he take down someone like the Blob by himself? As for the most recent moment, that barely counts. It just sort of happens, and the comic almost glosses over it. Most WRITERS forget about the curse of Thanos, what makes them think the majority of readers know it?

It's just so...depressing. I mean I know it's not "Deadpool's X-force" or "X-force starring Deadpool", it's X-force, a team book. But a team book should give ample panel time to ALL the members of the team. Deadpool is such a complex character and this is the perfect book to show why. You read X-Force expecting a darker book. Everything, from the premise to the art sets a mood of dread and filth that lets you know this isn't a normal book. This is the PERFECT book to delve into what makes Deadpool so twisted.

Let's pretend for a minute Suicide Squad was as Gritty as X-Force. Wouldn't you expect them to go into why Harley Quinn is so obsessed with the Joker? I mean, this could've changed the character forever. If we got into what makes Deadpool tick future writers could use it as reference and build better relationships with other characters. Show he's not just a clown or crazy, he's been dealt shit cards for so long and he jokes to try and make it bearable.

The worst part is, I can't even pretend it's a matter of waiting. I mean, before I could just say "Well, they'll get to him after the other characters get their arcs" but because of this the clock is ticking way to fast for that to come to fruition.

MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Don't forget that he was the assassin Archangel sent to hunt down the Akabba base and find out they were resurrecting Apokolips in the first issue. I think he is well written in UXF and may not always get the spotlight, but its his best characterization currently. Really when you think about it, he's pretty well represented and gets equal time among all of the characters, except for Archangel which is understanding since the last 9-10 issues have really been about him, that's fine, thats the way it should be for this type of arc. He is going to be continued to be written as a funny man since that's Marvel interpretation of him at the moment, but at least in UXF when its time to get down to business and kill people he does, where as in the Deadpool ongoing title he is a nonstop clown and goofball.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ranvage

@DXmagma: Well friend, I understand your point of view and I agree with you in most of it.

Let me just point the parts we diverse:

Each of them have been faced with problems that require more then just cutting and hitting to overcome

The only thing Wolverine does is hit and cut. Fantomex, Archangel and Psylock are being better explored because of they love triangle, so they get more pannels to show how it's developing.

Deadpool had a few develpoments. When he displays how bad he feels about killing a child, it shows boundries Wade never talked about. When he saves Archangel's life we realize Deadpool is finally learning how to deal with a team, something he always had a problem with.

I agree, in a bigger perspective, and comparing with some of the other characters, Deadpool is placed in a kind of secondary role.

But reading your comments I take you for a Deadpool fan. Saying that, I can assume you read his solo series and his most recent comics.

Ok. Don't you think the Uncanny X-force is the closest thing we got right now as a way of exploring the character?

I believe you said yourself, in Wade's solo series it just feels like a bunch of stories are put together without meaning.

The X-force is the only comic where the merc with a mouth gets continuity and I really missed it in his solo series for quite some time now.

Saying that, this is why it's important for him to continue on the Uncanny X-force. Because it strengths the character, coping with some of the information we lack on his own book.

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DXmagma

@ranvage: I was trying to avoid spoilers but I was talking about how Logan had to come face to face with an alternate version of Jean Grey who loved him. Plus he has at least 4 other books (Two of which have his name in the title) where he can get character development.

Also I think I was giving off the vibe that Deadpool should leave X-force, quite the opposite. I think there should be MORE of him. My problem is I don't think he's being properly utilized as a character, and I think this whole death event won't give the writer time to properly utilize it. Then again as far as I can tell X-force is still taking place before the X-men split so I guess he could stay on for a few more issues after the initial death.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ranvage

@DXmagma: Maybe I was giving a wrong vibe as well. I'm not saying it's perfect the way it is.

I agree with you, there should be more of Deadpool.

My worry is if we get no deadpool at all because of his death. If he leaves it because he dies and when he comes back there's no more spot on the team for him.

Avatar image for bob_agent_of_agency_x
    bob agent of agency x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

only if people stop beliving in him...

or the writers get bored, whatever happens first

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By majestic99

NO

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By WarBlade539

@ranvage: I don't know about his soul but his physical form can be destroyed. Is someone like The Silver Surfer throws him into the sun or disassembles him on a molecular level, Deadpool won't have time to heal.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#72  Edited By TDK_1997

The only way he can die is if his healing factor is nullified.If it isn't,there is no possible way he can die.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BatteredArmor

He can't......but he will.....I hate Marvel....

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ranvage

@BlackArmor said:

He can't......but he will.....I hate Marvel....

You said everything...

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By majestic99

NO!!!!!!!

pedrobolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By pedrobolt

You could obviously kill Deadpool with a atomic explosion or something where there is nothing for his body to heal.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#77  Edited By X35
    Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Enosisik

From the sounds of it half of the ppl in this thread have never read the books that they are discussing...616 Deadpool was cursed with immortality not his 'ALTERNATE REALITY' counter parts..! Just because 616 Deadpool is immortal that doesn't mean all versions of him will also be.. 'AOA' Deadpool was a cyborg... And Mr.Immortal is Imortal .. He dies but he never stays dead. If you put him in the sun he would die and then suddenly reform and die again over and over like a strobe light. Mr.Immortal is supposed to be the last thing living in the universe at the end of time.. It's like the whole point of his character.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By X35

As of the end of his last issue, yes, he can die.

Dflash29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Dflash29

no he can't die, and seems to regenerate as long as a piece of him is still alive

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By X35

No he can die now. ;)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#82  Edited By TDK_1997

Hell NO!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#83  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@X35 said:

No he can die now. ;)

How can he die now? I haven't been paying attention to his series and I just want the cliff notes.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By X35

@god_spawn said:

@X35 said:

No he can die now. ;)

How can he die now? I haven't been paying attention to his series and I just want the cliff notes.

The current arc titled "Dead" has X-Force chasing around trying to get their hands on a serum that negates mutant powers (similar to the cure from Gifted). Kingpin, Tombstone and Daken also all want it. At the end of the last issue, Daken shot Wolverine with it and Bob got his revenge on Deadpool by injecting him with the serum that for whatever reason seems to work on Deadpool too.
    Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Enosisik

So it worked on Wolverine ? Funny the cover made it sound like DP somehow killed himself.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By majestic99

Not as long as Thanos curse is on DP.

No Caption Provided
    Dinoreaper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course he can die, if his entire being was destroyed he would die, by which I mean that since there are many marvel villains that could destroy your soul we can assume that if they fought and if the villain won than deadpool would have his soul destroyed, and it is his soul that is death's boyfriend which is why if it was destroyed he would be dead, and/or if the villain controlled his soul and made him break up with death and or challenge thanos to a fight he would be mortal in the fight since in order to destroy him he would have to remove the curse and so deadpool could be killed.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#88  Edited By The Lobster

So long as Thanos curse still remains, Deadpool can not die.

henrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can't. He has been shoot many times, but he is still around. Im not sure if anyone could hurt him so bad that he didn't get up. Even he was trying to die. Didn't happen.

sunnydays626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool should die its so stupid that he can't that's too overpowered and since I'm a girl he should die to be with death his true love

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

Deadpool should die its so stupid that he can't that's too overpowered and since I'm a girl he should die to be with death his true love

Unlike Wolverine, or other characters with Healing Factors. Deadpool is interesting and a good character, BECAUSE he can't die. His forbidden love with Death is one of the characters best traits and if he were to achieve that goal, than he wouldn't be that interesting anymore.

As for overpowered, I disagree. In a fight with someone like....Thor or the Hulk, Deadpool would lose 99.9% of the time. The only chance he stands is if he keeps coming back over and over and over again, never quitting till eventually he just get's lucky or he exhausts the enemy and let's be honest. Going up against someone like the Hulk? what are the odds of that guy ever getting exhausted? So I fail to see how he's overpowered when there are other heroes out there who could easily take him out in a fight 90% of the time.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
    Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@sunnydays626 said:

Unlike Wolverine, or other characters with Healing Factors. Deadpool is interesting and a good character, BECAUSE he can't die. His forbidden love with Death is one of the characters best traits and if he were to achieve that goal, than he wouldn't be that interesting anymore.

As for overpowered, I disagree. In a fight with someone like....Thor or the Hulk, Deadpool would lose 99.9% of the time. The only chance he stands is if he keeps coming back over and over and over again, never quitting till eventually he just get's lucky or he exhausts the enemy and let's be honest. Going up against someone like the Hulk? what are the odds of that guy ever getting exhausted? So I fail to see how he's overpowered when there are other heroes out there who could easily take him out in a fight 90% of the time.

The term overpowered itself is f*cking stupid.

An argument can be made for why Batman is overpowered. An argument can be made for why Daredevil is overpowered. An argument can be made for why Aunt May is overpowered. It's an idiotic term,and in order for it to exist,there has to be some sort of comparison made in the first place,anyway. If that's the case,then every comic character is overpowered because they are more powerful than a mall cop.

It's just a term bred out of ignorance,mainly. Or from people that don't like when their favorite character can get their ass kicked by character in question. Let's just read about ordinary people,anyway. It's called a newspaper.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranvage: So what happened? Did he die? Can he? Or...

SgtzErick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't deadpool has a sword that doesn't let healing factors heal, the one used to kill wolverine in the comic Deadpool kills the marvel univers

Stefiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranvage: Deadpool can die. But it wont be permanent, he will just ressurect after a period of time.

InsidiousX13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dhor: wolverine is not immortal he can't survive decapitation. But deadpools healing factor is more advanced and allows him to replace organs and limbs do don't be butt hurt fanboy to you know what the fuck you're talking about. Thank you :)

wisecrack34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Conclusion: Deadpool cant "live" up to his own name, Thanos is a cock blocker and green eggs are never to be consumed due to high risk of vomiting, diarrhea and food poisoning.

stanleerocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadpool can die but not for long but deadpool is currently dad he was obliterated by 2 planets

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.