Draw one, Ask one

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@knotty: @ramsillustrations

Here's a slightly flawed White Queen. Still working out the nuances of the Samsung tablet that I now use for work on the go.

No Caption Provided

Next up:The financials are in, and DC Comics has to further cut costs. They decide to combine several characters to save on payroll and production.First on deck, Batgirl & Power Girl have merged into one character. Draw this new amalgam!

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Here you go @magistros PowerGirl/Batgirl amalgamation.

Up next: Somebody please draw Batman fighting Santa Claus in a bloody fight!

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magistros: That worked out well, what Samsung tablet are you using? Dont know why but I just got your notification on this 7 days after. How do you like the pen?

@blackdog2009: Nicely done amalgam

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1254  Edited By Magistros

@ramsillustrations:

Thanks, man!

I was originally using the 10.9" iPad Air for sketching on the go, but I wanted something with a larger screen size. I tried out Samsung's 12.4" S7 FE initially, was pleasantly surprised, and stepped up to the 14.6" S8 Ultra a week later when I found out about Samsung's trade-up program.

Amazingly enough, what sold me on Samsung was the S Pen. No, it's not as technologically advanced as the Apple Pencil, but with the S Pen, it feels like you're drawing with a moderately soft felt tip pen or brush -- as opposed to a hard plastic/silicone pen tip on an even harder surface. (Bye bye, tapping sound of the iPad and pencil.) The S Pen is also lighter weight, while producing great pressure sensitivity and responsiveness. It's not perfect, but I have no complaints thus far.

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Here's Batman vs Santa

Next: Let's see a drawing of Thorfinn from Vinland Saga

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magistros:

Hey man, doubt you went out and got the paper like protector for the Ultra. In case you didnt, dont hehe.

It feels great and I love it, havent changed how I feel about it. I knew it would ruin my nibs but I went with it anyways. Figured I would get a few sessions out of each. It wears them down within a session which can lead to breakage and the the nib getting stuck losing the ability to replace it and loss of the pen itself.

Dont want anyone including you to get irate at me so I retract my earlier comments ;p

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: No worries, man. I prefer to forego the protectors. I never used one with any of my iPads and I doubt I'll ever get one for the Samsung.

Whenever I miss tactile feedback in my creative process, I just pick up the old pencil and paper and go to town. the traditional tools are still my bread and butter. No matter how advanced technology gets, I doubt they'll ever be able to reproduce how it feels for me to draw with a .03 or .04 mechanical pencil on parchment or newsprint paper. Or for that matter a 4B graphite lead on construction paper. Different feel, different results, and creatively, a different flow altogether.

That said, lately I've been on the Samsung almost exclusively. I doubt that I'll ever learn all of the various brushes and effects, but it won't be for lack of trying. I did a couple of rough sketches for the latest Batgirl Showdown while doing laundry earlier that I will probably post this weekend. No doubt about it, the tablet is a keeper!

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations:

That said, lately I've been on the Samsung almost exclusively. I doubt that I'll ever learn all of the various brushes and effects, but it won't be for lack of trying. I did a couple of rough sketches for the latest Batgirl Showdown while doing laundry earlier that I will probably post this weekend. No doubt about it, the tablet is a keeper!

Yeah, they did great giving artists a thin and large canvas to work off. Glad you are enjoying it. What program are you using? Have you tried samsung dex?

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: Apologies for the delayed response.

I have been using the Sketchbook app on the tablet with the occasional assist from Corel Painter on the PC. I have looked at Dex and a couple of other apps for the tablet, but haven't really given them a fair chance to win me over. I used Sketchbook on the iPads, so familiarity wins out for now. Now that I know that Samsung won't be coming out with anything larger than the S8 Ultra (the recently released S9 Ultra is the same size), I'll delve into some of the other apps that are out there eventually.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramsillustrations: Apologies for the delayed response.

No worries.

Yeah sketchbook is it for me, at least for what I need. From what I can tell the new 9 ultra isnt much different other than a faster processor and other improvements but not a huge leap forward to upgrade from the s8. If you have seen something thats worth the jump please let me know.

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leem724 said:

Here's Batman vs Santa

Next: Let's see a drawing of Thorfinn from Vinland Saga

I'm not familiar at all with the character, but here's a down and dirty version of Thorfinn.

No Caption Provided

Next up: It's almost Halloween, so let's see a drawing of ANY Disney princess encountering Ghostface from the Scream movie franchise.

Magistros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Ghostface vs. Disney Princess was a no go, let's try option B:

Draw a Charlie Brown character as either Santa Claus or a Snowman.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Up next: Draw a popular superhero couple, disco dancing! ie of couples: Hawkman and Hawkwoman or Mr. Fantastic and Invicible Woman .

Jatinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1266  Edited By Jatinder

Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman, Next Challenge, Yesterday went to see Godzilla xKing Kong, so how about a battle of the giants, examples can be the 50 Foot woman, Shogun Warriors, transformers, Rodan, or any of Monsters from Godzilla, The beats from 20,000 fathoms, jurrasic Park, Gwangi of any other biggy, Good Luck

No Caption Provided