Nemesis (Resident Evil) vs Frank Horrigan (Fallout)

• 113 results
firefly489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 firefly489  Online
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Rules

• In character
  • To the death
  • Standard gear
  • No prep
  • No knowledge
No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nemesis wins this one actually.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Simp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way imo. Leaning Nemesis tho.

Krishnyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Krishnyak  Online

Nemesis due to regeneration and evolution

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman: Thoughts?

I'm honestly not sure why Nemesis would win here. At base, Frank pretty much greatly outclasses him on every level except regen and could eat Nemesis' attacks just fine.

Nemesis would be a bigger threat in his final form, but Frank has an extremely powerful plasma weapon that can cause molecular destabilization, entirely liquefying Nemesis and bypassing his regen well before that happens, so I'm not sure what Nemesis is supposed to do here.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: I love to see the proof Frank is stronger or more durable. While he could temp KO lower forms of Nemesis he is not touching higher end forms at all.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WastelandMan
@sirfizzwhizz said:

@wastelandman: I love to see the proof Frank is stronger or more durable.

Nemesis is like wall level at base which is the same level of power armor users and super mutants in the Fallout verse and Frank benefits from having/being an amped version of both those things with drug enhancements on top of that.

Actually, regular humans have survived direct strikes from Nemesis, even in one of their evolved forms, meanwhile Frank can kill a Deathclaw (something that has no-sold high caliber weapons and explosions) with a single casual punch (not gameplay, actual cutscene/canon).

While he could temp KO lower forms of Nemesis he is not touching higher end forms at all.

What's stopping Nemesis from being disintegrated by plasma? Horrigan's weapon is a molecular attack.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@wastelandman:

Nemesis is like wall level at base which is the same level of power armor users and super mutants in the Fallout verse and Frank benefits from having/being an amped version of both those things with drug enhancements on top of that.

Actually, regular humans have survived direct strikes from Nemesis, even in one of their evolved forms, meanwhile Frank can kill a Deathclaw (something that has no-sold high caliber weapons and explosions) with a single casual punch (not gameplay, actual cutscene/canon).

I dont recall this in game cutscenes. Only game mechanics. Can you show me in cutscenes where Nemesis is weak? And before you say Jill, let me remind you....

No Caption Provided

This happens in game scenes. Jill free carries and fires rail gun three times, with so much force the ground beneath her cracks. Makes sense? No, not at all, but thats the kind of person from games scenes canon facts withstands Nemesis strength.

As for strength feats, Nemesis has frank beaten.

No Caption Provided

Nemesis punches through the solid granite walls of a cathedral.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nemesis shows his reach and strength with his tentacles as they rip through dozens of feet of concrete with ease.

No Caption Provided

Nemesis grabs and throws at high speeds across the ground a city bus dozens of yards.

What's stopping Nemesis from being disintegrated by plasma? Horrigan's weapon is a molecular attack.

Its a molecular attack that sometimes melts people down and sometimes does not. In cutscene whats does Plasma actually do? I never seen a cutscene just game mechanics. Meanwhile Nemesis in games has...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nemesis takes C4 explosions to the face, blowing up the train, and burns for a lengthy time but remains on Jill's trail.

No Caption Provided

Nemesis is hit by a 66mm anti tank missile and temporary KOed only. Heal up after a time, and goes back on the chase.

No Caption Provided

Nemesis is caught in a massive gas tank explosion which it shrugs off.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nemesis tanks a claymore at point blank, followed by exploding fuel truck. Only KOed for a short time.

Nemesis brushes off molecular industrial acid fine.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Second form Nemesis gets dump into industrial acid at the end of the acid fight, not only survives, but escapes to chase after Jill.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In the RE3 Remake Second form Nemesis again takes a acid bath, survives, evolves, and continues the chase of Jill.

Then Nemesis has his own weapons to to take down Frank for sure.

No Caption Provided

Nemesis in Original Games has a Stinger missile launcher which Nemesis shows great accuracy with.

No Caption Provided

Nemesis in Operation Racoon City Game has a Minigun which nemesis shows great aiming with. Even going as far to tactically target a exploding barrel bouncing around the area.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WastelandMan

@sirfizzwhizz:

I’ll cover this in depth when I get back to my PC but these feats are weak sauce and it’s really weird why you’re arguing Nemesis has better stats than Frank when you clearly don’t know his feats or even what counts as a cutscene in the og Fallouts, lol. What is the point in just siding with against a characters you know nothing about?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@wastelandman: I played the games. Nothing is that impressive. I mean this guy was defeated easy by hacking the gun turrets in the Enclave and he just gets killed.

Loading Video...

Or worse have the main character just shoot the guy to death. The peak human main character who can technically beat the guy, while wearing no power armor and armed with a simple Gauss Cannon. Which is worse. That wouldnt work on Nemesis. I will gladly wait.

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KreigAstartis

@sirfizzwhizz:

Nemesis grabs and throws at high speeds across the ground a city bus dozens of yards.

I know wastelandman was gonna respond but supermutants(which death claws scale too) can obliterate buses with there strikes. Frank upscales this by alot.

Loading Video...

Also as you may have noticed but these same dudes need multiple mininukes to take them down. Which them at that building level range. Which also Frank scales above. What you have given is below what Frank scales above. by a decent margin And actually shows better overall durability too. Your examples:

Nemesis takes C4 explosions to the face, blowing up the train, and burns for a lengthy time but remains on Jill's trail.

Nemesis is hit by a 66mm anti tank missile and temporary KOed only. Heal up after a time, and goes back on the chase

Nemesis tanks a claymore at point blank, followed by exploding fuel truck. Only KOed for a short time.

Most of this is/at that wall/small building range. Or atleast the 66mm ant tank missile. claymores actually don't even have explosives in them. They have ball bearings akin to shotgun pellets. Just a whole lot of them. Which if thats flooring Nemesis Frank is liable to punch through him.

What makes this acid "molecular" out of curiosity(I didn't play the the OG version). What Nemises might actually have is a speed advantage. Though given how much slower he is to than Jill im not sure to what degree. As for weapons I think Fallout guns actually use "micro fusion" cells to power the plasma weapons so I would guess they would be somewhat analogous to real life plasma. Which I don't think nemises has a defense against.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@sirfizzwhizz: I think Nemesis would win, but I’m going to push back a little on one of your points. The Chosen One is above peak human by end game. They likely have power armor, or are equivalent to power armor threat level. Or are just outright physically as strong as power armor, which is definitely superhuman. Not above Nemesis, but somewhere up to 5 tons. They possibly have superhuman intellect, agility, and senses. Plus they have a Lovecraftian Eldritch being that shows up and fires a Magnum in battles when they can keep the Chosen One alive. The Lone Stranger’s Magnum is probably as powerful in Fallout as it is in RE. The Lone Stranger is canon for every main character of Fallout too.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Game mechanics. By cutscenes and early missions, the Chosen One has nothing on Rail Gun wielding Jull. Hell Jill feats in remake game are so damn stupid in her insane durability and stamina. I mean just so unrealistic. And all cutscenes not game mechanics or choices made in game.

But thats neither here nor there. Both are suppose to be peak human but hit super human levels via game plot.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kreigastartis:

I know wastelandman was gonna respond but supermutants(which death claws scale too) can obliterate buses with there strikes. Frank upscales this by alot.

Also as you may have noticed but these same dudes need multiple mininukes to take them down. Which them at that building level range. Which also Frank scales above. What you have given is below what Frank scales above. by a decent margin And actually shows better overall durability too. Your examples:

Um dude, those are not super mutants, those are Behemoths. Thats like comparing a Mr X to William Birkmen. Both made from similar virus projects, but both different beasts.

Frank also DOES NOT scale above mini nukes man. The guy is killed by bullets from 4 gun turrets or couple Enclave soldiers you convince with basic plasma weapons. Dude....

Most of this is/at that wall/small building range. Or atleast the 66mm ant tank missile. claymores actually don't even have explosives in them. They have ball bearings akin to shotgun pellets. Just a whole lot of them. Which if thats flooring Nemesis Frank is liable to punch through him.

Claymores are waaaay higher than Shotgun buckshot lol. Buck shot cannot pierce body armor, Claymores blow through it and can blow through up armor humvees in the desert. 66mm tank missile is piercing damage not explosive blast wave damage. Tanks cannot be destroyed by "small building" explosive blasts. But are mission killed by 66mm missiles that pierce the armor to a degree.

What makes this acid "molecular" out of curiosity(I didn't play the the OG version).

Kreig, your freaking killing me bro -_-

All acid is molecular. It affects the chemical bonds in molecules and cells. Potency of acid determine how fast it breaks those chemical molecular bonds down. Thats real life science.

What Nemises might actually have is a speed advantage. Though given how much slower he is to than Jill im not sure to what degree. As for weapons I think Fallout guns actually use "micro fusion" cells to power the plasma weapons so I would guess they would be somewhat analogous to real life plasma. Which I don't think Nemises has a defense against.

Plasma burns pretty hot, but also super fast. Nemesis is doused in heats of 3000+ celsius degrees with no lasting damage, so yes the plasma will pump holes here and there, but Nemesis has super healing and durability. Durability beyond Power Armor to be honest, since Power Armor is brought down by high caliber bullets, and super healing thats just not in Fallout 2 lore.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WastelandMan

@sirfizzwhizz:

I dont recall this in game cutscenes. Only game mechanics.

Frank one-shotting a Deathclaw is a scripted scene, not gameplay.

The player is not in combat or have any control, only animations are playing, and the characters are having dialogues that appear as text. This is the 2D isometric version of a cutscene. If you actually played the OG Fallouts you would not need this explained to you.

Can you show me in cutscenes where Nemesis is weak? And before you say Jill, let me remind you....

No Caption Provided

This happens in game scenes. Jill free carries and fires rail gun three times, with so much force the ground beneath her cracks. Makes sense? No, not at all, but thats the kind of person from games scenes canon facts withstands Nemesis strength.

No Caption Provided

I explitcly tell you that I know Nemesis' feats are wall-level and wouldn't be enough and you proceed to post wall level feats anyways, lol.

A Deathclaw once no-sold an explosion that completely destroyed a metal door of a Vault room:

"That is a painful memory. A treacherous human sneaked in here and planted a bomb among the eggs while I was asleep. Fortunately he was not as stealthy leaving and I awoke to find the bomb. There was not enough time to deal with the device properly, so I threw it at the door and placed myself between it and the eggs. The eggs and I survived. The door did not." — Kerith (Fallout 2)

In the recent Fallout show, believe it or not we actually see the kind of explosion that exact kind of door can tank:

(Fallout - Season 1: Episode 1)
(Fallout - Season 1: Episode 1)

Frank Horrigan can blast straight through a Deathclaw with one arm and you're giving me wall level striking feats?

Nemesis shows his reach and strength with his tentacles as they rip through dozens of feet of concrete with ease.

I was referring to their base stats, plus I consider that more of a burrowing feat. There are so many instances of it not doing any damage to people at all.

No Caption Provided

I mean, sliding a bus is nowhere near as a impressive as tossing it. It may not be a bus, but Deathclaws have ragdolled cars into the air:

(Fallout 4)
(Fallout 4)

You know, a Deathclaw, the thing that Horrigan overpowered and blasted straight through with one arm?

And no, it's not just gameplay because, other than it being a unique behavior, their "car flipping" ability is directly referenced in a character's dialogue as something they actually do.

Its a molecular attack that sometimes melts people down and sometimes does not. In cutscene whats does Plasma actually do?

Nope, that's pure gameplay.

Even standard plasma weapons canonically melt through multiple feet of steel (better than any AP you showed):

"The Military has deemed it necessary for us to research further in depth the effects of wave technology upon living organisms. We have taken light and sound as the basis of our studies. By manipulating the amplitude of the light waves and magnifying the frequency, we have been able to get lasers which will cut through a few feet of steel." — The Delta experiment disk (Fallout)

Also, standard laser rifle, will disintegrate people 100% of the time in scripted scenes like in New Vegas. And Frank's weapon basically a massively amped version of that.

Its a molecular attack that sometimes melts people down and sometimes does not. In cutscene whats does Plasma actually do? I never seen a cutscene just game mechanics. Meanwhile Nemesis in games has...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Idk how you can post that tiny fire that was completely overwhelming Nemesis and present that as a good showing for him here, lol.

Okay, so here's standard power armor tanking the nuclear powered thrusters of a rocket that vaped a squad of robots, lmao (and no, it's not just gameplay, it's part of the quest and referenced in the dialogue if you pay attention):

Loading Video...

And Frank's power armor is BEYOND that armor and that's not even factoring in his stats, lol.

Nemesis is hit by a 66mm anti tank missile and temporary KOed only. Heal up after a time, and goes back on the chase.

Nemesis is caught in a massive gas tank explosion which it shrugs off.

Again, idk how you possibly post this and all these explosions thinking it helps your case. For starters, he gets KO'd in some of them, lol. Frank wouldn't let Nemesis recover or regen which means all Frank has to do is replicate that AP to knock him out which he could easily do by disintegrating him, lol.

Second form Nemesis gets dump into industrial acid at the end of the acid fight, not only survives, but escapes to chase after Jill.

In the RE3 Remake Second form Nemesis again takes a acid bath, survives, evolves, and continues the chase of Jill.

What are the actual feats of the acid? It's not like having "molecular" in it's name means surviving it therefore means you can tank any molecular attack, lol. I posted proof earlier that standard plasma weapons can instantly liquefy several feet of steel, and Franks weapon is basically a steroid enhanced up version of a plasma weapon.

I'm pretty convinced Nemesis gets gooified.

Then Nemesis has his own weapons to to take down Frank for sure.

Nemesis in Original Games has a Stinger missile launcher which Nemesis shows great accuracy with.

Nemesis in Operation Racoon City Game has a Minigun which nemesis shows great aiming with. Even going as far to tactically target a exploding barrel bouncing around the area.

Fallout heavy weaponry is well beyond modern versions and yet Deathclaws are known to squad wipe Brotherhood and Enclave soldiers with futuristic versions of those exact same type of weaponry. I also already mentioned an instance of a Deathclaw no selling an explosions that destroyed a vault room door. Again, Horrigan has casually blasted through a Claw like nothing.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WastelandMan
@sirfizzwhizz said:

@wastelandman: I played the games. Nothing is that impressive. I mean this guy was defeated easy by hacking the gun turrets in the Enclave and he just gets killed.

Loading Video...

He doesn't "just get killed" that clip is edited and cuts to the end, lol. Did you actually play the game or are you intentionally trying to mislead?

More importantly, that's NOT canon and is purely gameplay.

Also, the irony of arguing against using pure gameplay (which I never did) and then doing it yourself.

Or worse have the main character just shoot the guy to death. The peak human main character who can technically beat the guy, while wearing no power armor and armed with a simple Gauss Cannon. Which is worse. That wouldnt work on Nemesis. I will gladly wait.

Good thing that we know that never happened.

You do realize that Frank Horrigan has a canon death, right? It took: The Chosen One, Marcus (another extremely powerful super mutant), and a squad of Enclave Soldiers in power armor to take down Horrigan. We know this because they're referenced as having been there in sources after Fallout 2 (such as how Marcus does directly in New Vegas). Those are the ones confirmed so far, there could be even more.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman:

He doesn't "just get killed" that clip is edited and cuts to the end, lol. Did you actually play the game or are you intentionally trying to mislead?

nothing misleads. You get the presidents key so you can use the turrets to help kill the guy super easy. Thats one of the few ways to beat him. Another is speech checking and getting lucky with said check to convince Enclave to side with ya and help ya out. Otherwise the most hilarious defeat of Harrigan is beating him and the the 4 turrets by yourself which is super pathetic as a showing for Harrigan lol.

More importantly, that's NOT canon and is purely gameplay.

Really, I cant wait to see the source of his CANON ending. since the game was base on decisions made by the player. Is there a novel or some future entry that states how it really went down?

Also, the irony of arguing against using gameplay (which I never did) and then doing it yourself.

What gameplay I sued exactly? Everything I used was scripted scenes in the game. Not dependent on player actions or decisions. Show me using gameplay mechanics that the player controls and not scripted please.

Good thing that we know that never happened.

You do realize that Frank Horrigan has a canon death, right? It took: The Chosen One, Marcus (another extremely powerful super mutant), and a squad of Enclave Soldiers in power armor to take down Horrigan. We know this because they're referenced as having been there in sources after Fallout 2 (such as how Marcus does directly in New Vegas).

Ok I played lets see.....

No Caption Provided

As seen I logged in nearly 600 hours in that game. My top three favs, and I dont recall that conversation off hand. But I believe ya, Im sure after paying the games hundred times over I skip alot of the talk portions at this point and forgotten.

Which is still kinda sad as a squad of Enclave IIRC was like 3 or 4 guys? Let me recheck with youtube videos that have hundreds of play throughs.

No Caption Provided

One of those Enclave is the player, so 3 guys with moderate firepower help you and Marcus? Thats all it took. They sure wouldnt killed Nemesis for good same way. Nemesis just reheal and mutate on and on till it won. Took more than that to down him.

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KreigAstartis

@sirfizzwhizz:

Um dude, those are not super mutants, those are Behemoths. Thats like comparing a Mr X to William Birkmen. Both made from similar virus projects, but both different beasts.

Behemoths are supermutants though. Just bigger. Same FEV-2 virus by all means. Frank was exposed to this same virus in Mariposa military base. As you know he was then experimented on further. And is substantially stronger. Going by the fact he casually tore apart a deathclaw. Which can fight supermutants. On top of this Frank has perfect SPECIAL stats. All of them.Which technicallys means he is also smarter than Nem.

Claymores are waaaay higher than Shotgun buckshot lol. Buck shot cannot pierce body armor, Claymores blow through it and can blow through up armor humvees in the desert. 66mm tank missile is piercing damage not explosive blast wave damage. Tanks cannot be destroyed by "small building" explosive blasts. But are mission killed by 66mm missiles that pierce the armor to a degree.

Perhaps you should re-read what I said. No they can't "blow up" humvees in the desert. At most they damage tires and crack/break the glass if its close enough. They are anti personnel mines. THIS is what a claymore does. So again, Nemeses getting floored by something that likely comes out to wall level in terms of energy output is an anti feat for him.

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

They have ball bearings akin to shotgun pellets. Just a whole lot of them.

And yes Tanks can be destroyed by "small building level" yields. With at most Building level for the Abrams to date.

All acid is molecular. It affects the chemical bonds in molecules and cells. Potency of acid determine how fast it breaks those chemical molecular bonds down. Thats real life science

Wizz. Throwing in molecular before the word acid in an attempt to make it more impressive than it is. Your just coming across as redundant. I can say fire works on the molecular level. It doesn't make it molecular fire. Said acid likely isn't comparable to plasma if thats the route we are going to take, It could be battery acid. Or citric acid. etc. As for real life science I just gave you some regarding claymores :P.

Plasma burns pretty hot, but also super fast. Nemesis is doused in heats of 3000+ celsius degrees with no lasting damage, so yes the plasma will pump holes here and there, but Nemesis has super healing and durability. Durability beyond Power Armor to be honest, since Power Armor is brought down by high caliber bullets, and super healing thats just not in Fallout 2 lore.

Plasma derived from fusion burns in the millions of degrees Celsius. Nem is getting vaporized healing factor or not. Especially if its sustained.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
@kreigastartis said:

@sirfizzwhizz:

Behemoths are supermutants though. Just bigger. Same FEV-2 virus by all means. Frank was exposed to this same virus in Mariposa military base. As you know he was then experimented on further. And is substantially stronger. Going by the fact he casually tore apart a deathclaw. Which can fight supermutants. On top of this Frank has perfect SPECIAL stats. All of them.Which technicallys means he is also smarter than Nem.

Perhaps you should re-read what I said. No they can't "blow up" humvees in the desert. At most they damage tires and crack/break the glass if its close enough. They are anti personnel mines. THIS is what a claymore does. So again, Nemeses getting floored by something that likely comes out to wall level in terms of energy output is an anti feat for him.

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

They have ball bearings akin to shotgun pellets. Just a whole lot of them.

And yes Tanks can be destroyed by "small building level" yields. With at most Building level for the Abrams to date.

All acid is molecular. It affects the chemical bonds in molecules and cells. Potency of acid determine how fast it breaks those chemical molecular bonds down. Thats real life science

Wizz. Throwing in molecular before the word acid in an attempt to make it more impressive than it is. Your just coming across as redundant. I can say fire works on the molecular level. It doesn't make it molecular fire. Said acid likely isn't comparable to plasma if thats the route we are going to take, It could be battery acid. Or citric acid. etc. As for real life science I just gave you some regarding claymores :P.

Plasma derived from fusion burns in the millions of degrees Celsius. Nem is getting vaporized healing factor or not. Especially if its sustained.

Were you in the military? I was, Master at Arms and Seabee, 7 years from 2005 to 2012. And yes those damn Claymores blew through the armor of early humvees from underneath as you drive over them. They pierce more than a shotgun can since the ball bearings travel as faaaaar superior velocity than what a 12 gauge can. 4,000 feet (1,200 m) per second for Claymore vs 12 Gauge measly 1,560 ft/s (480 m/s).

Tanks cannot be killed by small building yields at all in shockwave damage. Everything you showed just not in links are armor piercing ammo made with depleted uranium. Your idea of "small building" busting is very different from mine it seems.

Bullshit im redundant. You dont even know how acid works?!?! I mean c;mon my mate. Also battery acid? This acid was instantly melting and burning flesh at the touch. Thats industrial grade. It was made to break down the bodies of BOWs and Tyrants. As for the claymores you have zero clue or life experience.

Plasma is not million degrees. lol.

No Caption Provided

Plasma torch of real life is nowhere near million degrees.

Loading Video...

It takes steady application to cut through inch of steel. The Plasma balls in Fallout is basically the idea of super heats gas balls launch at you which explode in omnidirectional blast when making contact. You would not realistically be hit by all the energy of the plasma ball as it explodes on contact.

No Caption Provided

Maybe 20-30% of the total energy, and that super heat dissipates super quick. Thats why Plasma is nothing like the Gauss Rifles or Anti Material Rifles in damage output. Which dump all energy into the point of whatever they hit. Plasma weapons realistically wouldn't be on par as game represents unless its a "special" Plasma weapon.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WastelandMan

@sirfizzwhizz:

nothing misleads. You get the presidents key so you can use the turrets to help kill the guy super easy. Thats one of the few ways to beat him. Another is speech checking and getting lucky with said check to convince Enclave to side with ya and help ya out. Otherwise the most hilarious defeat of Harrigan is beating him and the the 4 turrets by yourself which is super pathetic as a showing for Harrigan lol.

You're arguing semantics. He just doesn't drop dead like you say, and it's gameplay, so who cares to begin with.

Really, I cant wait to see the source of his CANON ending. since the game was base on decisions made by the player. Is there a novel or some future entry that states how it really went down?

Certain characters specifically reference having helped the Chosen One which means the endings in which they survived is canon. How is that hard to understand.

For instance, you do realize Marcus is in Fallout: New Vegas, right? Which mean the endings or choices in which he dies are proven non-canon. More importantly, Marcus specifically mentions having helped the Chosen One on the Oil Rig in New Vegas which means he was canonically there and helped him, lol.

What gameplay I sued exactly? Everything I used was scripted scenes in the game. Not dependent on player actions or decisions. Show me using gameplay mechanics that the player controls and not scripted please.

You're arguing that turrets killed Horrigan which is factually untrue. There's no confirmation the Chosen One used it against him canonically, unlike like the presence of Marcus and the Enclave soldiers, and even if he did there's no proof it did anything more than annoy him, lol.

Ok I played lets see.....

As seen I logged in nearly 600 hours in that game. My top three favs, and I dont recall that conversation off hand. But I believe ya, Im sure after paying the games hundred times over I skip alot of the talk portions at this point and forgotten.

Which is still kinda sad as a squad of Enclave IIRC was like 3 or 4 guys? Let me recheck with youtube videos that have hundreds of play throughs.

One of those Enclave is the player, so 3 guys with moderate firepower help you and Marcus? Thats all it took. They sure wouldnt killed Nemesis for good same way. Nemesis just reheal and mutate on and on till it won. Took more than that to down him.

They sure as hell would, that is a ridiculous claim lol. Other than being in power armor which amps their stats to shatter stone walls and tank nuclear rocket thrusters, they have plasma weapons that I already mentioned can liquefy several feet of steel. Frank has canonically laughed off, literally, among on of the strongest kind of that weaponry, btw. That's not even factoring in the Chosen One with how OP protagonists of RPGs are.

One shot from Frank's cannon and Nemesis is getting gooified.

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KreigAstartis

@sirfizzwhizz:

Were you in the military? I was, Master at Arms and Seabee, 7 years from 2005 to 2012. And yes those damn Claymores blew through the armor of early humvees from underneath as you drive over them. They pierce more than a shotgun can since the ball bearings travel as faaaaar superior velocity than what a 12 gauge can. 4,000 feet (1,200 m) per second for Claymore vs 12 Gauge measly 1,560 ft/s (480 m/s).

1. Your a POG and was in the Navy?. That makes sense

2. Your ancient wow

As for the claymores you have zero clue or life experience.

Your a *were*glorified bridge builder relax. Sure I do. Since you know I have made them go boom.

Plasma is not million degrees. lol.

No Caption Provided

Whats this then?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WastelandMan

@sirfizzwhizz:

Bullshit im redundant. You dont even know how acid works?!?! I mean c;mon my mate. Also battery acid? This acid was instantly melting and burning flesh at the touch. Thats industrial grade. It was made to break down the bodies of BOWs and Tyrants.

I already showed you that lesser energy weapons in Fallout can melt through several feet of steel instantly:

"The Military has deemed it necessary for us to research further in depth the effects of wave technology upon living organisms. We have taken light and sound as the basis of our studies. By manipulating the amplitude of the light waves and magnifying the frequency, we have been able to get lasers which will cut through a few feet of steel." — The Delta experiment disk (Fallout)

Again, how does tanking this acid mean they wouldn't be instantly gooified by Frank's OP version of it?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@kreigastartis: bridge builder lol. I was the guy in the D7 up rumored dozens clearing fields for you rifleman first pansies. There is a reason blue to green program jump us Navy folk 2 ranks. As a E4 Seabee I told E6 Army and Marines what to do 😏 pfffft. Bridge builder. 🤨

As for your qoute I have no idea what that means. I posted already 20,000 degrees alone is plasma heat. You don't reach millions degree Celsius temps unless it's Nuclear Fusion. Stars and Nuear Reactors. 🤔 neither which are little green plasma balls.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tparks

@sirfizzwhizz: Most of the game mechanics are canon though. Like SPECIAL stats and some perks. And the Chosen One gets every SPECIAL stat boosted at least once by the Brotherhood of Steel to put them beyond human limitations. It also does show how powerful Horrigan is, because he’s the only character in the entire series to have a 10 in every SPECIAL stat.

Also, the main campaign missions towards the end have the Chosen One fighting against challenges that someone with only peak human abilities and/or common weapons, would not be able to do. I don’t think the early missions where they’re fighting molerats is really a good scale for where they end up. Just beating Horrigan would not be possible by anyone just using normal weapons and peak human stats.

But either way, I think Nemesis takes a majority. I don’t think it’s a stomp, but Nemesis is a lot easier to prove winning.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
@tparks said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Most of the game mechanics are canon though. Like SPECIAL stats and some perks. And the Chosen One gets every SPECIAL stat boosted at least once by the Brotherhood of Steel to put them beyond human limitations.

Also, the main campaign missions towards the end have the Chosen Undead fighting against challenges that someone with only peak human abilities and/or common weapons, would not be able to do. I don’t think the early missions where they’re fighting molerats is really a good scale for where they end up.

Well by that same token then Rail Gun firing Jill and Boulder punching Chris are not human even though they should be. You know what I mean? Why is chosen one super human? What lore reason?

Commander Shepard was part android with so many artificial augmentations. Solid Snake was born with manipulated Genes. Whats Chosen Ones lore excuse? God? Radiation? Just Cause? I need something here Tparks. He is just a dude who gets good gear when I played it over a decade ago, and see nothing in wiki for lore reasons why he is super human or should be.

I mean max carry weight in strength in In Fallout 2 999 lbs, not really superhuman. Power armor via lore wise may double that? One ton of max strength with lore added to the benefit of the doubt? Not screaming super human to me. Even if we go with current Fo4 lore and mechanics, with Power Armor and max strength you carry under half ton (900 is nearly max with all perks, deep pockets upgraded, and power armor added in)!? Which is worse.

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By a_marques

@wastelandman: @kreigastartis:

I have yet to see a single impressive feat for Frank. Killing a near featless Deathclaw whose only feat is surviving a bomb after throwing it far away isn't impressive at all.

RE humans have way better feats than that.

Chris overpowers a giant mutated snake's coil. That same snake is stated to be able to easily walk through entire buildings.

No Caption Provided

Chris punches a hole into a zombie's chest and sends a shockwave through its back.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Zombies are extremely tough and strong.

Chris is strong enough to handle shooting a RPG after placing the backend of it on the ground, destroying a large portion of the ground.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These strength feats blow everything you have shown for Frank out of the water. Yet, you're trying to argue him being stronger than freaking Nemesis? Get out of here, lol.

Nemesis scales above Tryrants who can do this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Frank has nothing on this.

Frank can get cut in half by turrets in a scripted scene. He would have died to the Anti tank missile Nemmy took to the weak point in his chest.

Tanking a rocket shutter is irrelevant here. That's purely heat based damage. Nemmy is still turning him into a bloody mess with a single punch.

Also, Nemesis tanking a shit ton of c4 exploding in his face and tanking acid which instantly melted huge piles of BOWs and zombies is more than enough to say he can tank Frank's weapons. Are plasma weapons even considered standard gear anyway?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WastelandMan

@a_marques:

I have yet to see a single impressive feat for Frank.

I love that you say this and proceed to post a bunch of feats well below what I did, lol.

Killing a near featless Deathclaw whose only feat is surviving a bomb after throwing it far away isn't impressive at all.

Chris overpowers a giant mutated snake's coil. That same snake is stated to be able to easily walk through entire buildings.

"by destroying any wall in its path"

That's 100% wall level, lol. Well below busting a metal sealed door that can no-sell explosions.

Even power armor can casually shatter stone walls:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Chris punches a hole into a zombie's chest

My man, for starters, power armor can no-sell bullets (you know the thing that shreds zombies) and even .50 cal shots from a Winchester at point blank:

(Fallout - Season 1: Episode 2)

It can no-sell dropping from the sky on the Prydwen ship (which is 100% canon, not just gameplay as it's confirmed possible in a terminal entry from Fallout 4):

Loading Video...

Oh, it also cam tank a nuclear-powered rocket exhaust that instantly vapes a squad of robots:

Loading Video...

You know what can tear apart power armor like fodder? Deathclaws and Super mutants:

Deathclaws tearing apart power armor:

"I was a Brotherhood of Steel Outcast. We had a deep patrol out here, looking for some tech and then got jumped by some Deathclaws. They shredded everyone else and left me bleeding to death. If it wasn't for Oasis and Bloomseer Poplar, I'd be dead right now." — Linden (Fallout 3)

"Don't underestimate the deathclaw. I've seen one tear open Power Armor like it was a tin can." — Paladin Danse (Fallout 4)

Super mutants being able to tear power armor in half:

"They're relentless. Like nothing I've ever seen before. I honestly think they see our Brothers in Power Armor as some kind of... canned meal. Some of the... pieces... we've had brought back. Men and women ripped in half. Some pulled through their armor. Just horrible." — Scribe Bowditch (Fallout 3)

And Frank is known to one-shot both.

and sends a shockwave through its back.

Deathclaws create far larger shockwaves just by flexing (and that was a scripted scene, btw):

(Fallout 4)
(Fallout 4)

Frank can get cut in half by turrets in a scripted scene. Replace Nemesis with him and he would have died to the Anti tank missile Nemmy took to the weak point in his chest.

That's not a scripted scene, lmao.

You either don't know what that even means, are lying, or never actually played the game if you're saying this.

Frank Horrigan getting blown in half happens no matter what when his health drops low enough. The equivalent of that would be like killing Nemesis with only a knife in gameplay and then claiming the cutscene afterwards was because of the knife you used and it's canon. It's super goofy.

These strength feats blow everything you have shown for Frank out of the water. Yet, you're trying to argue him being stronger than freaking Nemesis? Get out of here, lol.

LOL

You showed wall level feats.

None even come close to tanking a nuclear rocket exhaust, no-selling falling from the sky, and no-selling high caliber .50+ rounds, or being able to casually rip apart something that can tank all those things.

Tanking a rocket shutter is irrelevant here. That's purely heat based damage. Nemmy is still turning him into a bloody mess with a single punch.

With what? His wall level feats that fodder below Frank has no-sold? lol

Also, Nemesis tanking a shit ton of c4 exploding in his face and tanking acid which instantly melted huge piles of BOWs and zombies is more than enough to say he can tank Frank's weapons.

Melting through multiple feet of steel instantly >>>>> anything the acid has done. That's a fodder version of the weapon Horrigan is using.

Nemesis is getting gooified unless you show me what the acid can do besides burn flesh over time, lol.

Are plasma weapons even considered standard gear anyway?

...Yes.

Why are you commenting on a fight if you don't even know the character you're arguing against yet alone what their basic gear even is. You don't even know what's gameplay and what's scripted either, apparently.

Andromeda1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wastelandman: Wasn't the T-51 Power Armor(Which if I remember right, it's inferior to the T-60) compared to an actual tank by lore archives?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WastelandMan

@andromeda1001 said:

@wastelandman: Wasn't the T-51 Power Armor(Which if I remember right, it's inferior to the T-60) compared to an actual tank by lore archives?

Yeah, you're right about both:

"2065 August Increasing need for mobility in the United States mechanized cavalry leads the military to focus the efforts on creating a man-based tank - essentially, a two-legged walking armored unit: Power Armor."

"[..] Power Armor is incredibly effective against Chinese tanks and infantry. Its ability to carry heavy ordinance becomes key in various localized conflicts, and it has the power to destroy entire towns without endangering the wearer."

"[Power armor was] Deployed pre-War against Chinese tanks. That's right – tanks."

Power armor was proven infinitely more effective in combat than tanks were on the battlefield. Tbf, this was due to their far greater mobility/maintenance as an armored unit with heavy ordinance, but it still speaks volumes about their overall combat ability.

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By a_marques

@a_marques:

I have yet to see a single impressive feat for Frank.

I love that you say this and proceed to post a bunch of feats well below what I did, lol.

Killing a near featless Deathclaw whose only feat is surviving a bomb after throwing it far away isn't impressive at all.

"by destroying any wall in its path"

That's 100% wall level, lol. Well below busting a metal sealed door that can no-sell explosions.

Chris punches a hole into a zombie's chest

My man, for starters, power armor can no-sell bullets (you know the thing that shreds zombies) and even .50 cal shots from a Winchester at point blank:

(Fallout - Season 1: Episode 2)

It can no-sell dropping from the sky on the Prydwen ship (which is 100% canon, not just gameplay as it's confirmed possible in a terminal entry from Fallout 4,):

Loading Video...

Oh, it also cam tank a nuclear-powered rocket exhaust that instantly vapes a squad of robots:

Loading Video...

You know what can tear apart power armor like fodder? Deathclaws and Super mutants:

Deathclaws tearing apart power armor:

"I was a Brotherhood of Steel Outcast. We had a deep patrol out here, looking for some tech and then got jumped by some Deathclaws. They shredded everyone else and left me bleeding to death. If it wasn't for Oasis and Bloomseer Poplar, I'd be dead right now." — Linden (Fallout 3)

"Don't underestimate the deathclaw. I've seen one tear open Power Armor like it was a tin can." — Paladin Danse (Fallout 4)

Super mutants being able to tear power armor in half:

"They're relentless. Like nothing I've ever seen before. I honestly think they see our Brothers in Power Armor as some kind of... canned meal. Some of the... pieces... we've had brought back. Men and women ripped in half. Some pulled through their armor. Just horrible." — Scribe Bowditch (Fallout 3)

And Frank is known to one-shot both

You must never have touched a Fallout game in your

and sends a shockwave through its back.

Deathclaws create far larger shockwaves just by flexing (and that was a scripted scene, btw):

(Fallout 4)
(Fallout 4)

Frank can get cut in half by turrets in a scripted scene. Replace Nemesis with him and he would have died to the Anti tank missile Nemmy took to the weak point in his chest.

That's not a scripted scene, lmao.

You either don't know what that even means, are lying, or never actually played the game if you're saying this.

Frank Horrigan getting blown in half happens no matter what when his health drops to zero. The equivalent of that would be like killing Nemesis with only a knife in gameplay and then claiming the cutscene afterwards was because of the knife you used and it's canon. It's super goofy.

LOL

You showed wall level feats.

None even come close to tanking a nuclear rocket exhaust, no-selling falling from the sky, and no-selling high caliber .50+ rounds, or being able to casually rip apart all those things.

With what? His wall level feats that fodder below Frank has no sold? lol

Also, Nemesis tanking a shit ton of c4 exploding in his face and tanking acid which instantly melted huge piles of BOWs and zombies is more than enough to say he can tank Frank's weapons.

Melting through multiple feet of steel instantly >>>>> anything the acid has done. That's a fodder version of the weapon Horrigan is using.

Nemesis is getting gooified unless you show me what the acid can do besides burn flesh over time, lol.

Are plasma weapons even considered standard gear anyway?

....Yes.

Why are you commenting on a fight if you don't even know the character you're arguing against yet alone what their basic gear even is. You don't even know what's gameplay and what's scripted either, apparently.

You didn't show anything impressive. Nothing that compares to what I have shown.

It's literally walking through building while destroying walls by casually walking through them. Not even trying to destroy them That's above wall level, smart guy. You can't show me anyone from Fallout doing that, lol.

Also that's just a statement and far from the limits of what that monster can do.

That giant snake is a complete mutation J'avo. Complete mutations are far stronger than regular or partial mutations J'avos. Chris overpowered it.

Even partial mutations J'avos can do waaay more impressive things than Frank has ever done.

J'avos are strong enough to completely blow apart a heavy metal door and cause an explosion with a single attack.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

J'avos are also tough enough to tank being smacked by the Ustanak then having several propane tanks explode in their face.

Chris is also Leon's equal, stalemating him in a fight and matching strength with him.

The same Leon who is able to overpower a complete mutation giant shark. That shark was strong enough to break through several meters of rock in order to catch a floating zombie.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And door didn't no sell anything. It was far away from the explosive. You already proved that door can't tank a close proximity explosion with the Deathclaw "feat". So kicking it down isn't as impressive as the feats I've brought up.

And Chris being able to handle enough force to destroy several meters of the ground around him is also way better than what you've shown so far.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I have shown zombies taking bullets just fine. And they are tough enough to tank explosions and a speeding semi truck hitting them in the face. That's more than you've shown in terms of blunt force durability.

And in the entry it's stated someone destroyed their power armor from a 30 story drop. That's how weak your power armor soldiers are 🤣.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Still nowhere near a durable as zombies who can take a speeding semi truck to the face.

Again, tanking a rocket shutter is useless here. You can't scale heat based resistance to blunt force.

Deathclaw and super mutants killing weak as hell power armor soldiers that can't take a 30 story fall is impressive why exactly?

Chris and Leon overpowering BOWs and tearing them apart with their bare hands is way better Frank killing those monsters.

Now show me that Deathclaw destroying or killing anything with those weak as hell shockwaves. Till then, Chris sending a shockwave through the back of a superhuman being and doing having damage is way better.

And lol at the flexing part. It was wildly swinging its arms and stomping the ground as hard as it could. And that's game mechanic anyway. They never did that in cutscenes.

He still got killed by turrets in a scripted scene. That's a fact.

The rocket shutter feat is irrelevant. The power armor can even handle a 30 story drop.

Nemesis blitz and one shots Frank's slow and weak ass.

Again, the feats I've shown for RE humans and weaker Tyrants (Nemesis is literally a stronger more mutated Tryrant) are more than enough. Show me anything that compares with Tyrants wrestling with a 2 ton ballistic missile moving at Mach 1, pushing around 40-50 ton trains cars with one hand and throwing around giant steel bridges with enough force to destroy steel platforms.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Still better than taking several seconds to turn a woman into ashes after shooting her directly into her stomach and cutting through steel over time.

The same way you keep arguing against RE characters despite knowing nothing about them. Show me proof it's standard gear. I don't care if you think it should be obvious. I want proof. I know that you're trying to pass game mechanic as scripted scenes. That's good enough.

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By a_marques

It can be stated to be comparable to anything. Doesn't change the fact that it's shown to be weak as hell by actual feats. Destroyed by a 30 story drop and being wrecked by Deathclaws and Yao guai. Hell, one dude even knocked himself out by tripping and falling on his face lol

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Power Armor is super human. The Fallout Show definitely confirmed that. They could throw a rock like 1/2 a mile, and kicked a rock for fun and it knocked a wall down.

Without power armor, it’s from augmentations, like the ones offered from the Brotherhood of Steel. There are tons of other augmentations that show how the main characters in each game pass human limitations. Like gaining the strength of mutant ants, having their skin become as hard as tree bark, gaining a healing factor that heals broken bones from radiation testing, or getting cybernetics that increase reflexes and reaction time beyond human abilities.

Plus there are canon perks like Mysterious Stranger that has a lovecraftian entity appear whenever the main character is in danger to aid them. This has lore in every game outside of just the perk itself, with dialogue and notes to be found giving hints as to who the mysterious stranger is, and why he/she shows up out of nowhere to help certain people in the exact moments they need it.

Pretty much all other non-mutated humans in Fallout are at the very best, peak human, but most are probably average humans. There is exceptions when it comes to the main characters in each game, and anyone who wears power armor.

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_marques:

Chrisoverpowers a giant mutated snake's coil.That same snake is stated to be able to easily walk through entire buildings.

destroying the walls in a building isn't outright destroying a building.

Chris is strong enough to handle shooting a RPG after placing the backend of it on the ground, destroying a large portion of the ground

This is the artistic representation of back blast of an RPG. im not taking stock into it. Not to mention theres a literal kaiju destroying the ground beneath him as well.

Frank can get cut in half by turrets in a scripted scene. He would have died to the Anti tank missile Nemmy took to the weak point in his chest.

Nemises also gets dropped by Claymores as shown by Fizz if you want to play the antifeat game. And as Wastland stated that isn't a scripted scene from a turret.

Perhaps if you read the posts above it would help you. But Supermutants are capable of outright obliterating buses. Who Horrigan scales above.

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_marques:

Chrisoverpowers a giant mutated snake's coil.That same snake is stated to be able to easily walk through entire buildings.

destroying the walls in a building isn't outright destroying a building.

Chris is strong enough to handle shooting a RPG after placing the backend of it on the ground, destroying a large portion of the ground

This is the artistic representation of back blast of an RPG. im not taking stock into it. Not to mention theres a literal kaiju destroying the ground beneath him as well.

Nemises also gets dropped by Claymores as shown by Fizz if you want to play the antifeat game. And as Wastland stated that isn't a scripted scene from a turret.

Perhaps if you read the posts above it would help you. But Supermutants are capable of outright obliterating buses. Who Horrigan scales above.

Never said it was. Still above regular wall level feats.

That is a legit feat. How you feel about it is irrelevant. And that's on par with Jill shooting a railgun which destroyed the ground beneath her. The Kaiju didn't do that damage 🤣. It stepped on front of Chris. The ground was destroyed all around him.

Frank still got killed by turrets.

You're just straight up lying right now. Nemesis took no damage from that claymore. Frank on the other hand would have been damaged by it for sure. Nemesis also survived the combination of a fuel truck and a fuel station exploding in his face. That's enough force to kill Frank a hundred times over.

It didn't destroy the buses under its own power. It caused them to explode. Big difference. And that's nowhere near as impressive as the feats I've shown for Tyrants.

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a legit feat. How you feel about it is irrelevant. And that's on par with Jill shooting a railgun which destroyed the ground beneath her. The Kaiju didn't do that damage 🤣. It stepped on front of Chris. The ground was destroyed all around him.

If the Kaijus foot wasn't in the ground with broken rocks all around the panel I would give it legitimacy. But laughing emojis and mental gymnastics won't. Not to mention backblast from a rocket launcher≠ A large slug launched at HS speeds.

As wasteland pointed out already, not canon. What is was the help of Marcus and other enclave soldiers.

You're just straight up lying right now. Nemesis took no damage from that claymore.

No Caption Provided

Skill issue.

It didn't destroy the buses under its own power. It caused them to explode. Big difference. And that's nowhere near as impressive as the feats I've shown for Tyrants.

You literally watch him smack the buses. Caused them to explode with blunt force. It acutally seems more impressive considering Nemy gotts dropped and took several moments to be back in the fight by anti personnel mines.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_marques:

You should really bother to learn how to format.

Your post is just a mess, even beyond just the format.

You didn't show anything impressive. Nothing that compares to what I have shown.

It's literally walking through building while destroying walls by casually walking through them. Not even trying to destroy them That's above wall level, smart guy. You can't show me anyone from Fallout doing that, lol.

Also that's just a statement and far from the limits of what that monster can do.

That giant snake is a complete mutation J'avo. Complete mutations are far stronger than regular or partial mutations J'avos. Chris overpowered it.

It's 100% wall level, lol. You can say it's not wall level all day, it still is. Just because it's destroying walls in succession doesn't make it any less wall level.

I already showed power Armor destroying a stone wall, literally what is stopping it from doing it again, and again? That's such a silly argument.

Even partial mutations J'avos can do waaay more impressive things than Frank has ever done.

J'avos are strong enough to completely blow apart a heavy metal door and cause an explosion with a single attack.

It's done "way more impressive" so you post a metal door getting busted, the same thing a Deathclaw no-sold (a thicker version too). You make no sense.

J'avos are also tough enough to tank being smacked by the Ustanak then having several propane tanks explode in their face.

You post feats of a propane tanks after I posted power armor that's fodder to Horrigan tanking a nuclear rocket exhaust, lol. What are you even doing?

Chris is also Leon's equal, stalemating him in a fight and matching strength with him.

The same Leon who is able to overpower a complete mutation giant shark. That shark was strong enough to break through several meters of rock in order to catch a floating zombie.

Oh, that's good.

I can just point to Chris struggling for his life to move a small boulder back in Resident Evil 5 then.

No Caption Provided

Their not breaking several feat of any stone, lol.

You're wanking that shark feat because Leon wasn't overpowering its ramming force, it was still propelling itself just fine, just part of its jaw. Your takes are pretty awful.

And Chris being able to handle enough force to destroy several meters of the ground around him is also way better than what you've shown so far.

Yes, cracking stone is somehow better than busting metal vault doors /s.

And in the entry it's stated someone destroyed their power armor from a 30 story drop. That's how weak your power armor soldiers are 🤣.

Still nowhere near a durable as zombies who can take a speeding semi truck to the face.

Why are you pretending like the force of 30ft drop in armor that weighs that much would be wouldn't be immense for once, lol. I also don't think you know how physics work.

Again, tanking a rocket shutter is useless here. You can't scale heat based resistance to blunt force.

Rocket thrusters produce an absurd amount of force IRL, enough to send objects flying for hundreds of feet.

Deathclaw and super mutants killing weak as hell power armor soldiers that can't take a 30 story fall is impressive why exactly?

You're just going to try to cling to your life on trying to lowball that showing (despite not even understanding it). The leg servos were damaged from the fall but not the armor itself and it's a much weaker version than the one Frank has.

The Chinese tried to create an advanced form of explosive launcher because their normal explosives weren't working, and even the idea of an explosive launcher penetrating Power Armor was met with doubt:

"Notes: I have a Ghoul client, claims to be ex- military, who used to tell me about these grenade launchers the Chinese had in Anchorage. Supposedly they made a frag gun that could punch through Power Armor [...].

I doubted him at first. Sounded like a bunch of hocus pocus from the wrong end of a brahmin." - Terminal Entry (Fallout 4)

That should tell you how resistant armor is to standard explosives if the idea of one doing so seems like magic.

Chris and Leon overpowering BOWs and tearing them apart with their bare hands is way better Frank killing those monsters.

No one familiar with either game will ever take the idea of fodder RE zombie being above power armor, that's laughably silly.

The ones killed by low caliber bullets and explosions VS Power armor that can no-sell .50 Cals and explosives, yeah ok lol.

Now show me that Deathclaw destroying or killing anything with those weak as hell shockwaves. Till then, Chris sending a shockwave through the back of a superhuman being and doing having damage is way better.

And lol at the flexing part. It was wildly swinging its arms and stomping the ground as hard as it could. And that's game mechanic anyway. They never did that in cutscenes.

The shockwave was larger and it wasn't "wildly swinging its arms" how would that even help to produce a shockwave? lol Your takes are so weird.

He still got killed by turrets in a scripted scene. That's a fact.

It's not a scripted scene. You're literally just lying at this point.

Idk how you can lie about something so easily verifiable to anyone who's actually played that game. You've lost any credibility you have if that's the way you debate.

If you're going to roleplay and pretend that it's true, at least give your reasoning other than "because I say so" or address mine. This would be like if I said something that never happened, like Nemesis died by a 9mm pistol in-canon, and no matter what you say or evidence you bring up, I just repeat "nuh-uh" over and over again. It's the lowest form of debating, and it's honestly embarrassing.

Again, the feats I've shown for RE humans and weaker Tyrants (Nemesis is literally a stronger more mutated Tryrant) are more than enough. Show me anything that compares with Tyrants wrestling with a 2 ton ballistic missile moving at Mach 1, pushing around 40-50 ton trains cars with one hand and throwing around giant steel bridges with enough force to destroy steel platforms.

So you're just ignoring the part where I address this and point out that none of this scales to his base form? Just look back to what I said in my original post for what I said.

Still better than taking several seconds to turn a woman into ashes after shooting her directly into her stomach and cutting through steel over time.

What are you even talking about?

Show the acid have better feats than melting several feat of steel. Quit dodging the point.

The same way you keep arguing against RE characters despite knowing nothing about them.

Nothing I've said about the RE series is false and I've played most of the games.

Many things you have said have been straight up lies in regards to elements within the Fallout games. You can't even tell what's a standard weapon for someone, what's a scripted scene or not, etc.

Show me proof it's standard gear. I don't care if you think it should be obvious. I want proof. I know that you're trying to pass game mechanic as scripted scenes. That's good enough.

Because he carries it with him..? What proof do you need other than he uses it in the only fight he's ever been in and that he has it on his person?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda1001 said:

It can be stated to be comparable to anything. Doesn't change the fact that it's shown to be weak as hell by actual feats. Destroyed by a 30 story drop and being wrecked by Deathclaws and Yao guai. Hell, one dude even knocked himself out by tripping and falling on his face lol

I like how everything you listed is still better than the zombies from RE. I'm loving as well how losing to Deathclaws and Yao Guai's are somehow low showings lol. Also, please ignore for your life them no selling .50 cals, military explosives, and nuclear rocket exhausts.

a_marques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the Kaijus foot wasn't in the ground with broken rocks all around the panel I would give it legitimacy. But laughing emojis and mental gymnastics won't. Not to mention backblast from a rocket launcher≠ A large slug launched at HS speeds.

As wasteland pointed out already, not canon. What is was the help of Marcus and other enclave soldiers.

You're just straight up lying right now. Nemesis took no damage from that claymore.

No Caption Provided

Skill issue.

You literally watch him smack the buses. Caused them to explode with blunt force. It acutally seems more impressive considering Nemy gotts dropped and took several moments to be back in the fight by anti personnel mines.

The Kaiju foot didn't do the damage to the area around Chris. Try again. You're the only one using mental gymnastics and nit picking an obviously legit feat.

Both feats show the characters handling the recoil and force of the weapons. It doesn't need to be the same exact thing.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Chris placed the backend of the RPG on the ground, fired the RPG and was able to handle force of the back blast which was powerful enough to destroy the ground around him.

Prove it isn't canon. And that's proof that turrets can kill him regardless.

Skill issue indeed. No arguments here lol.

Nemesis got knocked off his feet. That's all. He still took no damage. Frank would have gotten himself killed. That's how weak he's.

You literally see him punch the buses and causing them to explode due to their energy core. He didn't blow them apart with pure striking power. Learn the difference.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WastelandMan

@a_marques:

The Kaiju foot didn't do the damage to the area around Chris. Try again. You're the only one using mental gymnastics and nit picking an obviously legit feat.

That just makes the Kaiju sound weak then, lol.

Unless it's stated to be magic stone or special material, then it's obviously just the standard type of stone used in construction. If the Kaiju can't crack regular stone, that's his problem then.

Both feats show the characters handling the recoil and force of the weapons. It doesn't need to be the same exact thing.

Chris placed the backend of the RPG on the ground, fired the RPG and was able to handle force of the back blast which was powerful enough to destroy the ground around him.

Okay, sure, but why are you pretending like cracking stone is relevant when the things I'm scaling to have tanked metal busting and explosives? lol

Prove it isn't canon.

It's not canon because the turrets are used purely in gameplay. Horrigan dying is the scene.

Again, I gave a perfect example already: You can kill Nemesis with a knife in gameplay and a scene plays afterwards. The part of killing him with the knife is gameplay, the scene afterwards is canon. It's literally the same thing here.

And that's proof that turrets can kill him regardless.

Again...that's like saying Nemesis lost to a knife in gameplay to get the scene of him being defeated to play therefore its proof he's knife level and it can defeat him.

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_marques:

Skill issue indeed. No arguments here lol.

Nemesis got knocked off his feet. That's all. He still took no damage. Frank would have gotten himself killed. That's how weak he's.

Be intellectually honest for a moment. You claimed I lied about Nemy getting floored by a Claymore, and was stunned enough to get back up. Cope.

You literally see him punch the buses and causing them to explode due to their energy core. He didn't blow them apart with pure striking power. Learn the difference.

No Caption Provided

"literally," Not seeing what your seeing. Not to mention no selling the following explosion. A supermutant. Which Frank is.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tparks

@sirfizzwhizz: There’s no defense to that. Lol

I was glad they didn’t make Power Armor overpowered in the show. In the games where the Brotherhood was still a force to be reckoned with, it required training to use the armor with any sort of proficiency. But by the point of the show, they all just suck.

But the Power Armor is still a superhuman boost to anyone who wears it. The Brotherhood is in shambles and has basically no one qualified anymore by time the show starts. Titus was a joke. All he had to do was punch the bear once and it should have turned it to paste. They show the armor’s strength like immediately after this scene, and Titus should have been able to just oneshot it if he had any skill at all.

Krishnyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Krishnyak  Online
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tparks

@krishnyak: No, it’s canon.

This interview talks a lot about canon:

https://youtu.be/7dSeF1CMChs?si=y_8wRqg0AlqVFxl9

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: plus, its not like Titus was wearing T-51b, let alone Adv Mk2 (X-01) like Frank

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: plus, its not like Titus was wearing T-51b, let alone Adv Mk2 (X-01) like Frank

while they are better armor, I need real calculable feats how much better. Which we simply dont have feats for other than Brotherhood of Steel in T-45 and T-51 still take on and kill X-01 armor and Tesla armor Enclave like in FO3.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tparks

@ancient_0f_days: @sirfizzwhizz: The show does have a bit of that. Cooper Howard was pissed at the guy who developed the armor in the show, since it had flaws that let bullets bypass it. Cooper stomps several BoS Paladins in the last episode because of how shit the first model of the armor is. That could also explain the Yaugi being able to do so much damage to Titus while the only damage to the armor itself is a scratch.

But the Brotherhood of Steel does lose to the Enclave. The Enclave only ever starts losing whenever the main character gets involved, but without the main character, the Enclave is almost always the superior army.

The BoS does carry weapons that would defeat the Enclave armor though. Energy Weapons, miniguns, etc…

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@ancient_0f_days: @sirfizzwhizz: The show does have a bit of that. Cooper Howard was pissed at the guy who developed the armor in the show, since it had flaws that let bullets bypass it. Cooper stomps several BoS Paladins in the last episode because of how shit the first model of the armor is. That could also explain the Yaugi being able to do so much damage to Titus while the only damage to the armor itself is a scratch.

But the Brotherhood of Steel does lose to the Enclave. The Enclave only ever starts losing whenever the main character gets involved, but without the main character, the Enclave is almost always the superior army.

The BoS does carry weapons that would defeat the Enclave armor though. Energy Weapons, miniguns, etc…

Miniguns dont work on Tyrants though. I also still feel their is a huge discrepancy of Power Armor to Tyrant strength.

No Caption Provided

T-103 lifts a car easy and throws it.

No Caption Provided

T-103 smashes through multiple vehicles made into a barricade. Throws a car dozens of yards with ease.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

T-078 Tyrant which is a clone of T-103 that never had a limiter coat shows strength to catch this catapult propelled air crate, stop it dead, and throw it back with a slam. Then later shows the strength to catch a large missile and hold it for a short time.