• 112 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Last year, DC changed their comic continuity with Rebirth. The one-shot issue brought the characters back to their core, while alluding that something or someone more powerful was behind the alteration to the universe: Doctor Manhattan from the critically acclaimed book Watchmen.

Now, DC is giving readers some answers to the questions that have been plaguing their minds since last May. The Batman/Flash crossover story The Button kicks off in Batman #21.

No Caption Provided

Batman and The Flash team up to learn more about the mysterious button--once owned by The Comedian--which is embedded in the walls of the Batcave. However, Reverse Flash is also a part of this mystery, as seen in the preview above.

DC has been tight-lipped about the four-part crossover, which will take place in Batman #21-22 and Flash #21-22. The publisher released a solicitation for the story but nothing else: "What starts as a simple investigation turns deadly when the secrets of the button prove irresistible to an unwelcome third party—and it's not who anyone suspects. It's a mystery woven through time, and the ticking clock starts here!"

Writer Tom King will continue his run on Batman with artist Jason Fabok and colorist Brad Anderson for the upcoming story. Batman #21 will go on sale on Wednesday, April 19 available at comic shops and digitally.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Yes! I'm excited.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Eobard, ruining father/son bonds then, now and forever.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Okay.... I'm on board.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eobard is my favorite

Definitely getting this, hyped.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Love Fabok's Batman.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Eobard is cold yo.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eobard, ruining father/son bonds then, now and forever.

@k4tzm4n said:

Love Fabok's Batman.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fabok's art is always top notch.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Damn, I most definitely did not expect this. I am actually looking forward to this issue, it was actually a pretty good preview, but as I know King - offers a good preview but after the first few pages it all falls apart.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Was gonna get this regardless, Fabok is my new favourite artist. But this, this has me hyyyyped.

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ZariusII

Yet another nail in the Flashpoint coffin

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

D*mn you, Thawne.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me guess, Eobard is working for Manhattan?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eobard just remembered his death in Flashpoint.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Man it has been a long time since I've felt like a comic story really mattered. This truly feels like a progression in the story that is DC

It's also nice to read a comic event (ok this is more like a crossover prelude to an event) that feels like it's earned and matters (I know I know, it's not cool to sh!t on Marvel while appreciating a DC book, especially since they seem like they may get better, but I just can't help but think about all of their meaningless poorly done events)

It's also nice since we don't have Johns on Justice League anymore, which really felt like a book about the important things that were happening in the DCU, as well as being a high quality book.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, also can't express how happy I am to see the main Batman book crossover with another Justice League member. I always hate it when DC treats Batman like he's in his own separate "realistic" universe, too good to mix with the League unless he's talking down to them.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@tdk_1997 said:

Damn, I most definitely did not expect this. I am actually looking forward to this issue, it was actually a pretty good preview, but as I know King - offers a good preview but after the first few pages it all falls apart.

Is King the writer for the entire 4-part story or just the Batman issues?

jaybefre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jaybefre

I know its just a comic, but watching Thawne rip up Batman's letter from his dad pissed me off a little. Lol. Hope they finally kill Thawne once and for all, prick.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't even read (not planning to) the scans and I'm already hyped.

Omg. King pls don't disappoint me.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mark_Stephen

This looks really, really interesting but... Another continuity reboot? Sorry. I just don't have the money to go through yet another reboot. Between marvel heroes going evil all the time and DC not being able to decide on it's own characters history I've just lost a lot of interest in both companies. Since the story is probably going to be obsolete in a year or two I'm going to wait. I hope it's good and I'll read the reviews, but that'll be about it. Besides it looks like they are going into that Flashpoint reality where Diana put a spear through Billy Batson's chest and (much like Deathstroke putting a spear through Phantom Lady's chest) that's just not a moment I want to see again.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Batvibe12

@rubear said:
@batvibe12 said:

Eobard just remembered his death in Flashpoint.

Oh. But it will be cool if he was working for Manhattan.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

I second this. Man It looks really good and I really love the use of the timer, to show how tense the situation really is. Batman has to last 1 minute against Eobard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thomas: Bruce?

Bruce: Father?

Terry: Bruce?

Bruce : Son?

Thomas: Grandson?

Bruce: Son

Thomans: Bruce?

Terry: Grandpa?

Bruce: FATHER?

Terry: Father?

Thomas: BRUCE?

Terry: Batman!

Thomas: BATMAN!

Bruce: BATMAN!

aaand that's why you should leave the timelines alone.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has to fight Reverse Flash for 30 seconds?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@tparks: He might as well be fighting for 30 minutes.

nickschuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I could not agree with you more about everything you said

Great preview and Fabok's art is as awesome as ever... really wish he was illustrating the whole crossover like I wish he could have done all six issues of JL vs. SS

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: He might as well be fighting for 30 minutes.

Batman is going to stomp

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Maddpanda531

That 9-Panel Grid tho

Also, I love the way Fabok draws Flash. Just get rid of the dumb Jim Lee lines and he'd be perfect

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531 said:

That 9-Panel Grid tho

Also, I love the way Fabok draws Flash. Just get rid of the dumb Jim Lee lines and he'd be perfect

I like the "lines" (I think creases, or junctions work better) they add symmetry and dimension

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

Batman has to fight Reverse Flash for 30 seconds?

poor Eobard

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531 said:

That 9-Panel Grid tho

I like the "lines" (I think creases, or junctions work better) they add symmetry and dimension

Eh, I've just never been a fan. Busies up already perfect designs imo. One of the worst parts of New 52 for me was that Jim Lee designed everything and he just put random lines on everything. I'm glad a lot of character designs dropped them with Rebirth.

Though I suppose I'm biased because I think the classic spandex designs are perfect, as is.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna be a fast paced story and I like it!

Avatar image for madness_is_like_gravity
Madness_Is_Like_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome! Too bad only a 4-issue arc, wonder what'll happen next..
The whole Flashpoint/Watchmen correlation is super intriguing

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Bring it! Can't wait!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh look.....DC is doing another cosmic level event.....and this time they've even brought "God" into it since they've basically run through every other way to showcase uber dimensionally beings outside mortal comprehension who must rely upon or be beaten by mortals

Yawn

Call me when the reboots complete and we get a sense of what books will actually be interesting going forward

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and before everyone goes the direction of "Marvel fanboy out for a troll".....no, the whole Incursions->Beyonders->God Doom->Civil War 2 and everything in-between was a snooze fest as well......cause its all been overcooked, frozen, renuked, and pushed at the consumer too many times to be considered interesting or groundbreaking.

Its this kind of unnecessary hype that makes me think more and more western comics would be better adopting a more manga approach so we can get, at least, a consistent refresh of characters and settings....even in familiar story troupes.....vice trying struggle through keeping the same characters going time and again.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jayskee

I'm looking forward to because I've missed Thawne but King's writing has been really hit or miss

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: Dude, chill. It's a 4 issues story. And how did you get God being in it?

@ltbrd said:

Its this kind of unnecessary hype that makes me think more and more western comics would be better adopting a more manga approach so we can get, at least, a consistent refresh of characters and settings....even in familiar story troupes.....vice trying struggle through keeping the same characters going time and again.

That would probably kill the western comics industry. It really sounds like you should just stick with Manga.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Eobard, will ya PLEASE just die already?

lukum123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So help me out here - is Flash's base universe of Flashpoint the Rebirth, New 52, or Original continuity? Just trying to figure out why Rebirth Batman has the letter from Flashpoint. Is it because Rebirth is essentially a combination of New 52 and the Original universes?

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukum123 said:

So help me out here - is Flash's base universe of Flashpoint the Rebirth, New 52, or Original continuity? Just trying to figure out why Rebirth Batman has the letter from Flashpoint. Is it because Rebirth is essentially a combination of New 52 and the Original universes?

Rebirth is pretty much a continuation of the New 52 universe, which is slowly being revealed to be something of a continuation of the original universe.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Upon further fanboy introspection, I'm not sure how I feel about Bruce Wayne Batman meeting Thomas Wayne Batman.

It'd be cool to see, but I feel like it'd take away some of the tragedy of Flashpoint Batman and how he never got to see Bruce or the world he lives in. Thomas Wayne's death in Flashpoint was, in my mind, absolutely perfect, and I hope King can write this story without negating that emotion.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@black_arrow: Let's hope for the best, let's hope that since King isn't writing this on his own it might be better than what we've previously seen from him. I really want this to be good because just look at Fabok's interiors - incredible!

@aros001 said:
@tdk_1997 said:

Is King the writer for the entire 4-part story or just the Batman issues?

Nope, he is writing alongside with Joshua Williamson, the Flash's writer.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531:

Busies up already perfect designs imo.

I don't think any design is perf... well maybe Captain Marvel's :3

One of the worst parts of New 52 for me was that Jim Lee designed everything and he just put random lines on everything.

I love those designs, I still have a very vivid image in my head of seeing them for the first time, having a real stunned emotional reaction, and that being the moment I wanted to get into comics

Even now this still makes me marvel
Even now this still makes me marvel

Plus the lines add symmetry. If you've ever seen some of the videos of him talking about artwork, Lee puts a lot of emphasis on using mathematic aesthetics into his artwork. Which I like since I feel good art should be more than just talent.

Though I suppose I'm biased because I think the classic spandex designs are perfect, as is.

I never got the feeling that many (if any) of them were actually made from Spandex

As for the designs, I'm old school so I love them too, but a lot of them just don't work with today's ultra detailed modern art styles. And that's kind of how it should be, while there are exceptions, part of the fun of comics is seeing the different changes and new approaches brought on by different eras and influences of different times.