Do you believe in free will?

• 61 results
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

God mainly intervenes due to love that extends out to all of creation. In fact, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whoever believeth in him... have everlasting life."

God intervenes more than just out of love. God sends Plagues on Egypt and even used a Flood to destroy all the land creatures during Noah's day. God intervenes with Love and Wrath.

The biggest problem is that the majority of these sinners reject even the simplest principles of God. Anyone who truly tries to seek after Him will undoubtedly find Him. One can certainly reach Him using nature. God is "made to men everywhere," meaning the physical universe, philosophy, or basic reasoning involving creation. This is why almost all cultures possess a higher form of deity. They can reasonably come to the conclusion that God exists through nature. Satan and other fallen angels deceived them with the wrong beliefs.

But you have to think to seek Him to even have a Chance of finding him and How could someone do that unless you are told about God ? Even then, depending on what you already believe or think you may not believe it being told to you. That goes back to those External Factors again.

Yes, God can obviously control all elements, considering he's all-powerful. What is your argument?

That God being able to manipulate External Factors means our so called Free Will can and is hindered. How free is your will if it is or can be manipulated by things that God could put in front of you or allow to happen all of a sudden ?

It's logical. Why are humans suddenly worthy enough to live in this "perfect" universe? They must prove themselves to God so that they can enter Heaven. Take a look at Adam and Eve. They initially lived in a pure world without any sin. However, Eve couldn't resist the temptation and willingly chose to eat the fruit. She disobeyed God.

Who says we have to be worthy to live in a Perfect Universe ? Maybe God simply desires us to live in a Perfect Universe for whatever reason. The Adam and Eve situation is more complicated though because supposedly they lacked discernment as the ability to discern is from the Knowledge of Good and Evil which was on the Tree that they was not supposed to eat from.

I claimed we would be "mindless puppets" if we weren't given freedom and lived the same lives with absolutely no uniqueness. This isn't true to the Bible. God weaved everyone in a special way. Heaven disregards sin and death for those who decide to give up their worldly desires and follow God.

I believe you originally said "Born Equally". I believe being Born Equally could be a good thing. God made some in heck of situations though. Some was born into Slavery years ago while others was born into Wealth. This is why I think something more closer in situation could be Better. Even the point about following God. Depending on how you perceive following God even that has a certain set of conditions you must follow.

We wouldn't...

I don't think so. Just because we could live similar lives does not mean we would not have Freedom. Freedom is the ability to choose. If God made it so we all lived in similar situation that does not mean we have no rights to choose anything.

Provide an example. Based on my interpretation, if we are born completely the same, our lives will align.

Well now you have altered the conditions. Born Equally and Completely the Same are different. Two men born into Wealth I would say are Born Equally but are not Completely the Same.

I should've asked this in the beginning for more clarification, but are you referring to external factors in the environment that may be out of a person's control?

Yes Absolutely. The External Factors of the Environment.

OfficialTopG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By OfficialTopG

@king_saturn:

God intervenes more than just out of love. God sends Plagues on Egypt and even used a Flood to destroy all the land creatures during Noah's day. God intervenes with Love and Wrath.

Respectfully, I disagree. God's actions were justifiable and out of love. He sent 10 plagues to Egypt to pressure the evil Pharaoh and Egyptians to free the innocent, enslaved Israelites. The Heavenly Father taught them a lesson about righteousness. At the time, Egypt represented the peak of corruption and religious rebellion. God taught the ancient Egyptians a lesson about righteousness. On the other hand, God flooded Earth to restore goodness and prevent humanity from resorting to permanent evil. Would you sacrifice a far smaller population in the past to save future generations from sin and eternal death?

But you have to think to seek Him to even have a Chance of finding him and How could someone do that unless you are told about God ?

I think you should read my original post again.

No Caption Provided

How free is your will if it is or can be manipulated by things that God could put in front of you or allow to happen all of a sudden ?

By claiming this, you are arguing that God interferes with ALL human affairs. He doesn't. As confirmed already, people are allowed to ignore God's signs and live their lives as desired.

I don't think so. Just because we could live similar lives does not mean we would not have Freedom. Freedom is the ability to choose. If God made it so we all lived in similar situation that does not mean we have no rights to choose anything.

I'm not referring to "similar lives." I mean the same births, deaths, actions, outcomes, etc.

I believe you originally said "Born Equally". I believe being Born Equally could be a good thing. God made some in heck of situations though. Some was born into Slavery years ago while others was born into Wealth. This is why I think something more closer in situation could be Better. Even the point about following God. Depending on how you perceive following God even that has a certain set of conditions you must follow.

As long as there are sins that Eve triggered, it's impossible to be born "equally." We are all born in the image of God. HUMANS were the ones who set these disgusting norms. Why are you blaming God for these supposed elements that He actively opposes? He commands the exact opposite.

Well now you have altered the conditions. Born Equally and Completely the Same are different. Two men born into Wealth I would say are Born Equally but are not Completely the Same.

I don't think you understand my point. Let's agree to disagree unless you want to continue.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

Respectfully, I disagree. God's actions were justifiable and out of love. He sent 10 plagues to Egypt to pressure the evil Pharaoh and Egyptians to free the innocent, enslaved Israelites. The Heavenly Father taught them a lesson about righteousness. At the time, Egypt represented the peak of corruption and religious rebellion. God taught the ancient Egyptians a lesson about righteousness. On the other hand, God flooded Earth to restore goodness and prevent humanity from resorting to permanent evil. Would you sacrifice a far smaller population in the past to save future generations from sin and eternal death?

That was God's wrath on Pharoah and Egypt. It was not done out of Love it was done because God was essentially Mad at Pharoah and Egypt for keeping the Israelites in Bondage. The Flood that God sent did not restore Righteousness though. Essentially Man went right back to Sin even after the Flood. That was not really done out of Love either. You have even more examples though like God sending Flames to burn up Israelites who complained about him after they was freed in Egypt. God sending an angel to destroy thousands of people because David took a Census. Those was not done out of Love either.

I think you should read my original post again.

No Caption Provided

How free is your will if it is or can be manipulated by things that God could put in front of you or allow to happen all of a sudden ?

By claiming this, you are arguing that God interferes with ALL human affairs. He doesn't. As confirmed already, people are allowed to ignore God's signs and live their lives as desired.

No, just that God interferes with some Human affairs. That's true if the Bible is accurate anyways.

I'm not referring to "similar lives." I mean the same births, deaths, actions, outcomes, etc.

That's not a point of contention though. I mean Born Equally as in similar circumstances.

As long as there are sins that Eve triggered, it's impossible to be born "equally." We are all born in the image of God. HUMANS were the ones who set these disgusting norms. Why are you blaming God for these supposed elements that He actively opposes? He commands the exact opposite.

I believe Yeshua once said in Luke 1:37 that With God Nothing Is Impossible. Yet here you say it's impossible for people to be born equally because of Eve's sin. God manipulates the external factors that lead to things. You say he actively opposes them yet he has control over what happens whether he allows it or causes it and since God sees it beforehand how is God not implicated ?

OfficialTopG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By OfficialTopG

@king_saturn:

That was God's wrath on Pharoah and Egypt. It was not done out of Love it was done because God was essentially Mad at Pharoah and Egypt for keeping the Israelites in Bondage.

If that's not love, I don't know what is. Pharaoh angered God after persecuting Israel and refusing to listen 10 times. God's rage was an act of judgment on the Egyptians but also his love for humans. He wanted to protect the innocent Israelites who didn't deserve to be held captive and suffer.

The Flood that God sent did not restore Righteousness though. Essentially Man went right back to Sin even after the Flood. That was not really done out of Love either.

The corruption of one's heart completely dominated humanity in the days of Noah. Although people began to sin again, God heavily benefitted the situation. Otherwise, if the flood didn't occur, EVERY person would become immoral, causing a neverending cycle of evil and irreversible effects. Flooding Earth was necessary for the survival of humanity.

Genesis 6:5 - “Every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.”

No, just that God interferes with some Human affairs. That's true if the Bible is accurate anyways.

God undeniably interferes with human affairs and doesn't randomly allow anything to happen without the intention of saving people, leading them to Jesus, or rewarding them.

I believe Yeshua once said in Luke 1:37 that With God Nothing Is Impossible. Yet here you say it's impossible for people to be born equally because of Eve's sin.

God possesses limitless power. This doesn't mean He will create all of us equally. Read Peter 2:9.

God manipulates the external factors that lead to things. You say he actively opposes them yet he has control over what happens whether he allows it or causes it and since God sees it beforehand how is God not implicated ?

He affects SOME of the elements that lead to events. God opposes behaviors involving sins, such as racism, gluttony, laziness, etc. He allows them due to free will. You can't complain about Him granting you liberation. You should be grateful that God promised not to flood Earth again.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If that's not love, I don't know what is. Pharaoh angered God after persecuting Israel and refusing to listen 10 times. God's rage was an act of judgment on the Egyptians but also his love for humans. He wanted to protect the innocent Israelites who didn't deserve to be held captive and suffer.

If Pharoah angered God to Rage and God acted. God acted out of Wrath and Not Love. Let's not act like Egypt was followers of Jehovah. They was Not. They had God's People in Bondage and God was Mad that Pharoah would not let them go. That was God's Wrath on Egypt.

The corruption of one's heart completely dominated humanity in the days of Noah. Although people began to sin again, God heavily benefitted the situation. Otherwise, if the flood didn't occur, EVERY person would become immoral, causing a neverending cycle of evil and irreversible effects. Flooding Earth was necessary for the survival of humanity.

You think God could only stop Man's immorality by a Flood ? God has other way to stop Man instead of just killing them.

God undeniably interferes with human affairs and doesn't randomly allow anything to happen without the intention of saving people, leading them to Jesus, or rewarding them.

Well sometimes God will allow things to play out where some people can not get saved. I mean God killed like 70,000 Israelites because David took a Census. There are other instances too.

God possesses limitless power. This doesn't mean He will create all of us equally. Read Peter 2:9.

The point was God could create us Equally and that would be Better for us or could be. God creating some to be in situations like Slavery and then creating others to be born into Riches shows that God creates with imbalance.

He affects SOME of the elements that lead to events. God opposes behaviors involving sins, such as racism, gluttony, laziness, etc. He allows them due to free will. You can't complain about Him granting you liberation. You should be grateful that God promised not to flood Earth again.

Well if Liberation leads to more Racism, Laziness, Violence, Hate maybe we need more of God altering some other External Factors along with this Liberation. Also, just because God promised not to Flood the Earth again does not mean God will not bring his Wrath here again.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: are you religious? I've somehow never been able to figure out for sure

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l said:

@king_saturn: are you religious? I've somehow never been able to figure out for sure

Deist. I once was Very Religious.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: interesting. Do you have a faith attached to that? Or is it an independent belief of a god, just not a known one?

OfficialTopG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By OfficialTopG

@king_saturn: This will be my last response to this topic. We're repeating the same arguments.

If Pharoah angered God to Rage and God acted. God acted out of Wrath and Not Love. Let's not act like Egypt was followers of Jehovah. They was Not. They had God's People in Bondage and God was Mad that Pharoah would not let them go. That was God's Wrath on Egypt.

You proved my point... Why was God angry at Pharoah for not listening to Him 10 times in a row? It's because of His love for innocent, pure human beings who are treated unjustly!

You think God could only stop Man's immorality by a Flood ? God has other way to stop Man instead of just killing them.

God needed to reset the order and diminish the number of sins committed. Let me just confirm that we, a much lower-level species, can't always accurately comprehend God's advanced reasoning.

Well sometimes God will allow things to play out where some people can not get saved. I mean God killed like 70,000 Israelites because David took a Census. There are other instances too.

We currently don't know the whole story since it was unspecified, but the deaths of 70,000 Israelites must've been justified, considering God's all-knowing logic trumps ours infinitely. Based on the Bible, His actions always benefit society as a whole. Our best guess is that Israel was continuously sinning, and the tribe of Dan was the most guilty.

The point was God could create us Equally and that would be Better for us or could be. God creating some to be in situations like Slavery and then creating others to be born into Riches shows that God creates with imbalance.

Again, this isn't God's fault. Blame it on the older generations that didn't work hard enough. Do you expect God only to allow females from wealthy neighborhoods to be pregnant so that their kids can enjoy the luxuries? Poorer people deserve children, too. They should've earned more money, though.

Let me give you a relevant example. My dad was born in the worst city in China, and his parents were farmers. However, he dedicated far more time than everyone else in his school and attended the best university. He continued building his way up and is currently the CEO of one of the largest Hong Kong construction companies. Growing up, he was actually a Buddhist, so he wasn't blessed with anything. He absolutely grinded. Individuals need to start taking responsibility for their own actions.

Well if Liberation leads to more Racism, Laziness, Violence, Hate maybe we need more of God altering some other External Factors along with this Liberation. Also, just because God promised not to Flood the Earth again does not mean God will not bring his Wrath here again.

Most of these concepts are practiced by terrible humans who will likely not repent and rot in Hell.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You proved my point... Why was God angry at Pharoah for not listening to Him 10 times in a row? It's because of His love for innocent, pure human beings who are treated unjustly!

So here is the issue. When you say God's Love you are talking about God's Love towards Israel as they was the ones treated unjustly. The thing is God's wrath was on Egypt though. That was not God's Love sending those Plagues. Even with the 10 times that Pharoah rejected God. Remember God was also hardening the heart of Pharoah himself. God wanted to punish Egypt and harshly and not out of Love.

God needed to reset the order and diminish the number of sins committed. Let me just confirm that we, a much lower-level species, can't always accurately comprehend God's advanced reasoning.

You think God can only diminish the number of Sins with Death ? Why is God who is supposedly Omnipotent limited in what he can do against a bunch of People who sin ?

We currently don't know the whole story since it was unspecified, but the deaths of 70,000 Israelites must've been justified, considering God's all-knowing logic trumps ours infinitely. Based on the Bible, His actions always benefit society as a whole. Our best guess is that Israel was continuously sinning, and the tribe of Dan was the most guilty.

The justification was David's sin to take the Census. It literally says in the telling of the story in 1 Chronicles 21 that David's command was evil in the sight of the Lord so he punished Israel.

Again, this isn't God's fault. Blame it on the older generations that didn't work hard enough. Do you expect God only to allow females from wealthy neighborhoods to be pregnant so that their kids can enjoy the luxuries? Poorer people deserve children, too. They should've earned more money, though.

God has Power of those External Factors remember ? If God wanted he could make People born more equally regardless of what the Generations do.

Let me give you a relevant example. My dad was born in the worst city in China, and his parents were farmers. However, he dedicated far more time than everyone else in his school and attended the best university. He continued building his way up and is currently the CEO of one of the largest Hong Kong construction companies. Growing up, he was actually a Buddhist, so he wasn't blessed with anything. He absolutely grinded. Individuals need to start taking responsibility for their own actions.

Your Dad was able to Make It Out. That's Fantastic but Not Everyone can Make it Out of the Lower Classes even Ones Who Work Hard And Grind. Also, External Factors come into Play More than you think it does in many of these Cases.

Most of these concepts are practiced by terrible humans who will likely not repent and rot in Hell.

External Factors could shift some of these Practices though.