Follow

Franklin Richards

Character » Franklin Richards appears in 1701 issues.

Franklin is the son of Reed Richards and Sue Storm, also known as Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman of the Fantastic Four. Franklin is an Omega-level mutant with reality-warping abilities; even at a young age he is one of the most powerful beings in the Universe.

Franklin Richards

billionaireman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Franklin Richards is considered to be basically a god. I have a few questions for those with answers.

"He can rearrange matter, molecules and the fabric of reality itself" If he could not rearrange reality would he still be considered a god ?

Since he can rearrange matter could he make someone like the Silver Surfer or an exact copy of Hulk ?

What could he do with matter manipulation and what could he do with molecule manipulation ?(separately)

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@billionaireman: not really a fan fic. However him being considered a god is more so how others view his mass power that puts him on the level of celestial. If you removed his reality warping part of his powers but still kept the universal scope of the other abilities he would probably still be considered a god. Remember that in the future timeline where the thing considered Franklin a god it seems that it’s the scale of Franklins powers not the reality warp that gives him reverence. As for SS and Hulk I’d wager probably no as both have sources of power that I don’t think he can recreate with the power cosmic and the weird stuff going on with the one below all. At this point matter and molecule manipulation seem to be just there to round out his vast powers but if I had to guess I’d say the matter manipulation would just be a lesser molecule manipulation

billionaireman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By billionaireman

@bronze_surfer: Sorry I had a feeling it didn't belong here but I could find anywhere else to put it.

Could he make himself bullet proof if he wanted too ?

And why is molecular manipulation more powerful than matter manipulation ?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billionaireman: I don’t see why not considering he can tank blasts from celestials I’m going to assume he’s bullet proof

billionaireman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So someone who could manipulate matter could make themselves bullet proof right ? Sorry about the questions but im having a back and forth with my friend.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billionaireman: theoretically there are some that can’t manipulate organic matter that well like firestorm

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

@nordok: This belongs in the Franklin Richards forum.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@billionaireman: I may be totally wrong, but this is my understanding.

Matter manipulation grants command of what is there. You concentrate on a tree and can cut it, stretch it, bend it, break it, levitate it, condense it, expand it, build a wicker man, etc...but it doesn't cease to be the remnants of a tree. Similar to telekinesis, but more like extending your will into objects to animate them. Selene is a good example.

Molecular manipulation grants command of what something is. You concentrate on a tree and can alter the chemical composition, wood to metal, metal to liquid, liquid to gas, gas into the Staypuff Marshmallow Man. It's no longer a tree, it's whatever you want it to be.

Both are only as powerful as the users' imagination and easily float in the higher echelon of powersets, but of the two, molecular is more godlike. Franklin has indeed reached the heights of godhood in one future timeline where Galactus is HIS herald, so I don't think it's a stretch to say he could bestow cosmic power to another similarly to Norin Radd's transformation into the Silver Surfer or create the perfect conditions to bombard some sad soul with Gamma Rays for a knockoff Hulk.

What mucks up the distinction between matter and molecule is his reality manipulation. It's practically both powers combined. Also, I think recently it was revealed he's not a mutant, but a legit Celestial.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.