Follow

M

Character » M appears in 1743 issues.

Monet St. Croix, also known as 'M', was originally a founding member of Generation X, later envolved with various X-Men related teams. Recently, she rejoined the newly reformed X-Corp (X-Corporation) in a main role.

Name

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jordama

Do people still like M (as a super hero name) or do they think she needs a name change? 

I  vote name change.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_
    @jordama: I'd be game for a name change. 
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jordama
    @The Dark Huntress:
    I think she needs to be one of those characters that gets called by their real name
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mercy_
    @jordama said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: I think she needs to be one of those characters that gets called by their real name "
    YES! Exactly what I was going to say!
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jordama
    @The Dark Huntress:
    I recall her psych eval from early in the series where she said that she keeps the M persogna as protection. So changing her name would be character development.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @jordama said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: I recall her psych eval from early in the series where she said that she keeps the M persogna as protection. So changing her name would be character development. "
    The therapy session? She was saying how the M b!tchy personality was a facade, how it was her protection. How she had to make a conscious decision every day not to kill herself. It's the scene/issue that really sold me on the character. Again, agreed.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator

Oh as in the forum or...? I always refer to her as Monet. Monet doesn't seem to mind that much either in conversation...  

*looks around for a sharp surface that might help in cutting the binds of the 'white jacket'...*

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

It was always a cop out name.  M, short for Money, short for Mutant.  Hardly orginal thinking from the 90's ;)  But she's the kind of girl who only needs one letter to represent her.

If she wasn't called M then what codename would you prefer?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty: I'd actually like her without one at all. She strikes me as one of those people who doesn't really need one. She doesn't have a secret identity and she's proud of who she is. This is Monet, she has a really in your face personality (similar to pre-Fraction Emma). I think just going by Monet would suit her fine. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator

I agree with the real name. Also mainly because she should announce her whole name to those, as an either or... you shall refer to me as either M, or as  Monet Yvette Clarisse Maria Therese St. Croix, you uncivilized thug... then prison bar though the shoulder! Monet is awesomely dreamy! *swoons over fictional character* *checks dictionary to make sure swoon isn't a weird word to use*

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty

To swoon is kinda... girlie ;)  Most masculine definitions I can think of all involve the old five-knuckle shuffle, though ;p

Well, everyone has mentioned that she uses the 'M' persona to deflect everyone from her true feelings.  If you take away a codename, you take away the high-maintenance know-it-all snob.  You could rename the 'M' outer shell, but you probably couldn't take it away... After all, no-one wants a cry baby Monet ;)

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jordama

Slowly X-Factor will all go by real names at this rate.
    Avatar image for thestepfordcuckoos
    thestepfordcuckoos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Monet is one of my favorite characters and I think her codename just simple being is more perfect than one thinks. While some have deemed it part of her M-Persona or the M-Perfection it could just be simply her short for her name or just stand for Mighty, Munificent, Magnificent, Magniloquent, Manysided, Myriad, Maquette, Margaric, Margaritiferous, Mathesis. I don't know I think her using the codename 'M' is cool as it is simple but complex. Simple she isn't but complex she is. 

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Cherry Bomb

Noo, I like the simple  'M' 
    it's mysterious, catchy and Monet isn't a character that needs a fancy superhero name to show off ... she lets her body, attitude and powers do all the talking for her. 
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15  Edited By Osiris1428

If she gets a significant power boost, yeah, she should get a cool name change.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.