Follow

Madelyne Pryor

Character » Madelyne Pryor appears in 1141 issues.

Madelyne Pryor is Cyclops's first wife, Cable's mother, and a clone of Jean Grey created by Mr. Sinister. After Cyclops abandoned her and her son, she was tricked and seduced by demons to harness great demonic power.

And The Lady's Name is...Madelyne Pryor

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Are you reading Uncanny X-Men?

Uncanny X-Men #503, final page
    Uncanny X-Men #503, final page
    Unless I missed something, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about Maddie's return.

When I first started reading Uncanny way back in the 80s, she was already on the scene.  She and Cyclops were married and living their life together.  I did think it was a little strange since one of the first X-Men stories I read was the Phoenix Saga trade paperback. 

When it was revealed that Maddie was Jean's clone, I was surprised.  Maybe it was the art but I just never thought she really looked completely like Jean.  With Jean's return, Maddie was left out in the rain.  I guess you can't really blame her for going crazy and turning into the Goblin Queen (that was just weird).  If you think about it, it doesn't say much about Scott.  He had a kid with her and left her pretty much as soon as Jean returned.  She may have been a clone but she basically was her own person.  She had her own personality separate from Jean's.

Check out Uncanny X-Men if you haven't been reading it.  I know some people are on the fence with Greg Land's art but let's not forget Terry Dodson is also doing pencils.  I'm also a big fan of Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction.  You can't go wrong with those guys doing the writing.  You never know what they're going to do next.

Here's some info. on the next issue.

Alfred Lord Tennyson said, “It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all” -Someone should tell that to Cyclops! Get your fix on all the heart-wrenching drama in Uncanny X-Men #504! Brought to you by the hard-hitting one, two combination of writers Ed Brubaker (Captain America, Daredevil) and Matt Fraction (Iron Man, Immortal Iron Fist) and superstar artist Terry Dodson (Marvel Knights Spider-Man)! It seemed like a new start in San Francisco is just what the X-Men needed, until an old enemy from the past caught up to them. After the stunning revelation last issue, a red-headed woman from Cyclops’ past appears to have returned from the dead—is Madelyne Pryor alive?  But that’s not all: The fallout from MESSIAH COMPLEX rains down on the X-men when the footage of the Alaskan Massacre is leaked to the press! Plus, Colossus encounters an enemy from the Old Country while Angel & Beast discover a hero long thought dormant!***If you haven’t picked up the all-new, all-different Uncanny X-Men this is the place to start! You can’t afford to miss part one of ‘Lovelorn’ the new arc beginning in Uncanny X-Men #504!

Uncanny X-Men #504
    Uncanny X-Men #504

UNCANNY X-MEN #504 (SEP082388)
    Written by ED BRUBAKER & MATT FRACTION
    Pencils & Cover by TERRY DODSON
    Rated T+ …$2.99
    FOC 10/30/08, On-Sale 11/19/08 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By pixelized

Matt Fraction to CBR: “Poor Maddy is still dead,” Fraction told CBR News, addressing fan speculation. “I think she was consumed by the Red Queen. Nobody said Maddy was coming back. The Red Queen is back and Maddy is dead.”

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Erik
    pixelized said:
    "Matt Fraction to CBR: “Poor Maddy is still dead,” Fraction told CBR News, addressing fan speculation. “I think she was consumed by the Red Queen. Nobody said Maddy was coming back. The Red Queen is back and Maddy is dead.”"
    He thinks? Could he be leading us astray? 
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pixelized

Fraction went on to say that maybe the Red Queen consumed Madelyne Pryor, but Pryor is not the Red Queen, she's still dead.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By dane

Madelyne Pryor has enormous talents.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Dane said:
    "Madelyne Pryor has enormous talents."
    Most women in comics have enormous talents!!
    IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By IcePrince_X
    xerox-kitty said:
    "Dane said:
    "
    And you usually these talents starts in front and it always comes in two...
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty
    IcePrince_X said:
    "xerox-kitty said:
    "Dane said:
    "
    And you usually these talents starts in front and it always comes in two..."
    Exactly...! ;)
    Marvel Divas
    Marvel Divas

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Erik
    pixelized said:
    "Fraction went on to say that maybe the Red Queen consumed Madelyne Pryor, but Pryor is not the Red Queen, she's still dead."
    Maybe and he thinks are an interesting choice of words. I think he is playing us.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pixelized

when did Maddy get Magic though?

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Zoom

Anytime you guys want to stop pissing all over Maddy, Marvel.

Anytime now...

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Oh noes!!!  Yet another shocking revelation...of the creative bankruptcy of mainstream Marvel!  How many more graves will they be robbing this year?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Alexander Anderson said:
    "Oh noes!!!  Yet another shocking revelation...of the creative bankruptcy of mainstream Marvel!  How many more graves will they be robbing this year?"
    Revanche, apparently.  Makes me wonder if there are any more dead mutants left to resurrect... The original Morph, perhaps? :p
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pixelized

and Banshee!

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @pixelized:  when did Maddy get Magic though?

If you remember in x-man selene made madelyne into a psychic vamp when she joined the hellfire club, so im guessing she passed on certain magical power on to her too but at that point she didn't know she had those abilities, not until recently anyway!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.