Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10266 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Can Storm turn invisible?

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kasya_carey

"She can also bend light using moisture in the air and her manipulation of mist and fog to appear partially transparent, and in later comics, nearly invisible."

I keep seeing this on her wiki's at one point in time this same phrase was posted in Storm bio on Marvel.com

So when has she done this ability?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

"She can also bend light using moisture in the air and her manipulation of mist and fog to appear partially transparent, and in later comics, nearly invisible."

I keep seeing this on her wiki's at one point in time this same phrase was posted in Storm bio on Marvel.com

So when has she done this ability?

She doesn't. At best she's been able to summon a thick pea-soup fog that rendered enemies basically blind. But Storm isn't Invisible Woman by any stretch.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wouldn't be beyond the scope of Storm's power to say bend lightwaves around her to make herself invisible, but it's not something we've seen her do yet.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

It wouldn't be beyond the scope of Storm's power to say bend lightwaves around her to make herself invisible, but it's not something we've seen her do yet.

Honestly a whole book can be written about what Storm should be able to do but hasn't done yet.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stormcell

@son_of_storm said:
    @stormcell said:

Honestly a whole book can be written about what Storm should be able to do but hasn't done yet.

This is true. It's also a shame given that she has the most unique, the most dynamic, the most diverse, and potentially the most excitingly visual powerset among all the X-Men.

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
    lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

i think she can

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: @kasya_carey: I keep seeing that too.

But, I've NEVER seen Storm go completely Invisible. Son_of_Storm is right she has used Fog(multiple occasions) to render herself almost completely invisible, but not to the point where she is like Sue Richards Invisible.

This is also True. But we are still waiting for most of the stuff we have list that Storm can "Potentially" do with her powers.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone post Storm using fog and mist in stealth like situations to make herself not seen

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@kasya_carey: Sure I got you covered. Part 1

Uncanny X-Men Annual #5:

-This is the "Pea-Soup" Fog that we are talking about. Storm creates this to mask and sneak behind the Badoon with Sue Richards.

No Caption Provided

Uncanny X-Men #118:

-Creates a Fog to hide herself and her Teammates: (Another "Pea-Soup Fog):

No Caption Provided

Uncanny X-Men #121:

-Storm uses a Blizzard to Mask her and her Teammates escape from Vindicator(I know it's not Fog, but it's something):

No Caption Provided

Uncanny X-Men #128:

-Storm creates another "Pea-Soup Fog" to blind Proteus, but hesitate to attack him.

No Caption Provided

Uncanny X-Men #132:

-Storm creates another "Pea-Soup Fog" to hide and escape from Sebastian Shaw

No Caption Provided

Uncanny X-Men #158:

-Storm Creates yet another "Pea-Soup Fog" to distract the Humans in the corridor.

No Caption Provided

Uncanny X-Men #172:

-Storm generates a thick Fog to disorientate Viper. (This is one of my Favorite lol)

No Caption Provided

I'm going to stop here. I have SO MANY Feats of Storm. It's ridiculous. And the FUNNY thing is. Storm STILL has MORE "Fog" feats I haven't even posted all of them yet.

Also, either Storm OR Chris Claremont likes "Pea-Soup".

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The92Ghost

Actually she can turn invisible and into the fog, or at least she could in an alternative version of her when she was a vampire and was called Blood Storm.

From what I remember, I've seen a few comic pages thrown around showcasing how she turns into mist and becomes invisible within her mist. But all of that is alternative powerset, I believe they were included when she was turned into Vampire by Dracula but overcame his control. Once she was free from the Vampirism, she lost this powerset.

But as everyone else above said, she should be able to do that, since she can manipulate light through her powerset. Just they didn't use it yet, I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.