Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10271 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

The Thermodynamics, Mechanics and Feats of Storm's powers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2051  Edited By Stormcell

Did Storm do anything today?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope her age of x storm was laid out in age of x xprisoners

nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if it was added, but the tidal wave she dropped on Genosha should be added.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes agreed but do we she controlled the wave?

dagoat44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

We filing this under the hydrokenisis section. No ifs, ands or buts.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Fake news. Clearly it was the Stepford Cuckoos and Xavier all tapping into their latent TK to do this.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fake news. Clearly it was the Stepford Cuckoos and Xavier all tapping into their latent TK to do this.

Flagged for homophobia

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm said:

Flagged for homophobia

Lolol I hate you.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:
    @son_of_storm said:

Flagged for homophobia

Lolol I hate you.

Sjsjs you should've known to expect some MESS

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2061  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@malachi_munroe said:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I loved that

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Storm Detractor du Jour: "This is an outlier. Storm can't do this because she doesn't usually use this power, therefore, it cannot be used in battle."

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: I loved it, too! Makes me wish Hickman was writing the upcoming team book with Storm and Emma.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: I loved it, too! Makes me wish Hickman was writing the upcoming team book with Storm and Emma.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great issue today. Very intense, action packed and dramatic. One of the best X-runs I've read in like....forever! I assume Storm will be going through it (emotionally) in the next couple of issues, having lost some of her closest friends (again). I am wondering how that will impact her going forward.

In any event - her water manipulation was pretty damn awesome. It has been a while since we've seen it, and this is probably the most creative demonstration of it (in a non-combat scenario).

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm said:

Flagged for homophobia

lmao

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Storm Detractor du Jour: "This is an outlier. Storm can't do this because she doesn't usually use this power, therefore, it cannot be used in battle."

*cough*noone1996*cough*

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2068  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@thunderbolt30 said:

Great issue today. Very intense, action packed and dramatic. One of the best X-runs I've read in like....forever! I assume Storm will be going through it (emotionally) in the next couple of issues, having lost some of her closest friends (again). I am wondering how that will impact her going forward.

In any event - her water manipulation was pretty damn awesome. It has been a while since we've seen it, and this is probably the most creative demonstration of it (in a non-combat scenario).

I think losing her friends had made Storm more hostile to humans.

No Caption Provided

This official variant of HOX # 6 shows Storm leading the mutants (it makes sense since Cyclops is dead), apparently for a war.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2069  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@waitomegastorm said:
    @thunderbolt30 said:

No Caption Provided

This official variant of HOX # 6 shows Storm leading the mutants (it makes sense since Cyclops is dead), apparently for a war.

Part of me is hoping for exactly that. Like I think she of course wouldn't be 100% against them since she is with BP and has such strong ties to Wakanda so I think she'd still be protective and supportive of humans. However, I'd like to see a more militant and aggressive stance against any and all enemies of mutants (like 80's Storm striking proactively and with extreme prejudice).

I'm definitely intrigued by the possibilities of where this could take Storm. Especially if she ends up needing to collaborate with Emma Frost given that they have not addressed their history -- from the P5 through IvX. She needs a new and higher profile role in the X-verse and this would be an interesting and understandable catalyst for dramatic change.

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone explain what happened with the water? Did Storm cause that?

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm said:
    @thunderbolt30 said:

No Caption Provided

Part of me is hoping for exactly that. Like I think she of course wouldn't be 100% against them since she is with BP and has such strong ties to Wakanda so I think she'd still be protective and supportive of humans. However, I'd like to see a more militant and aggressive stance against any and all enemies of mutants (like 80's Storm striking proactively and with extreme prejudice).

I'm definitely intrigued by the possibilities of where this could take Storm. Especially if she ends up needing to collaborate with Emma Frost given that they have not addressed their history -- from the P5 through IvX. She needs a new and higher profile role in the X-verse and this would be an interesting and understandable catalyst for dramatic change.

Totally agree with this. I feel like Storm would be aggressive with the push knowing that they have in some ways exhausted all the other approaches thanks to [The uncanny lives of] Moira X. Being careful just isn't enough, especially with there being no more times for a do over. So yeah, I expect more of a militant Storm that is willing to go dark to ensure the survival of her species.

I've really enjoyed this series and it's been a really long time since I've enjoyed the X-men as a whole again. Truly amazing work by Hickman so far and he has my full support.

The hydrokinetic feat was excellent. If there were still any doubts left about her ability to manipulate water directly, this issue finally put it to rest. To fully form and animate a live broadcast of a person out of a pool of water is a true intricate display of her hydrokinetic powers. And proves her weather manipulation involves direct control over many of the elements that are associated with the weather.

It's true omega level potential when you factor all of the forces that influence the weather, as we've been saying for years.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix said:

Can someone explain what happened with the water? Did Storm cause that?

Short answer. Yes.

Xavier had the Cuckoos relay information from Trinary and Beast into Storm's mind so that she could create a live broadcast out of a pool of water for the events that were occurring in Jean's space mission. Xavier also provided the direct connection to Jean, so they could communicate.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:
    @waitomegastorm said:
    @thunderbolt30 said:

No Caption Provided

Totally agree with this. I feel like Storm would be aggressive with the push knowing that they have in some ways exhausted all the other approaches thanks to [The uncanny lives of] Moira X. Being careful just isn't enough, especially with there being no more times for a do over. So yeah, I expect more of a militant Storm that is willing to go dark to ensure the survival of her species.

I've really enjoyed this series and it's been a really long time since I've enjoyed the X-men as a whole again. Truly amazing work by Hickman so far and he has my full support.

The hydrokinetic feat was excellent. If there were still any doubts left about her ability to manipulate water directly, this issue finally put it to rest. To fully form and animate a live broadcast of a person out of a pool of water is a true intricate display of her hydrokinetic powers. And proves her weather manipulation involves direct control over many of the elements that are associated with the weather.

It's true omega level potential when you factor all of the forces that influence the weather, as we've been saying for years.

Now if we could only get a pressure dome or an EM shield or hell even an elemental form.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MalfunctionEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2075  Edited By MalfunctionEnt

As much as I would love to see the wrath of storm in the coming issue(s), I will set my anticipation low. Very low. Must constantly remember how writers are writing her now.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's so refreshing to see the first Storm appearance in this run is doing something other than shoot lighting. Whatever role she has I just hope it's big and her voice is spot on. Her time of standing in the back without being a major influence on the X-Men is over.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2078  Edited By Storm Calling

@son_of_storm: We talked about this before, but it seems like her elemental form gets overlooked when the discussion about her omega potential comes up. People tend to assume her mutation doesn't allow the potential to transcend her body and become immortal. There's been numerous instances that have hinted and even confirmed this to be part of her mutant potential. The obvious one is from X-men #98, where Apocalypse let a timeline from the 616 play out before reversing it, and revealed what was described as the "ultimate extent of her mutant powers".

People for years argued that this didn't count, when in fact it does. An alternate future doesn't really change what a mutation can potentially do. The only thing that can change is that potential not being fully realized because of different circumstances that could trigger the power. But again, this doesn't really remove the potential from the mutation itself. Therefore, it should count.

And of course, the handbooks confirmed this to be the case as well:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Not only that, but we have a recent instance from Black Vortex that revealed a similar potential.

But I would say the earliest instance occurred during her Rogue Storm arc. She didn't fully evolve, but there were hints that this change was occurring

So it really is something that's been apart of potential for a long time now. There are more examples, such as when she talked about experiencing transcending her being in X-treme or her elemental form that was unlocked when the Great Beasts "turned her into a god" in Amazing X-men(World War Wendigo arc).

I would love to see it explored at some point though, especially with her getting the omega title.

---------

@stormcell said:

@storm_calling: Glad to have you back. :)

Thanks! I didn't really go anywhere though. Just been so busy with work.

I've been following most of whats been going on, and haven't really been interesting in getting involved with these ridiculous discussions that low ball Storm so much. I'm constantly being tagged into these threads, but what's the point if people already made up their minds and won't consider any facts that refute their points? Fan wars really don't interest me anymore, and I've grown too old for them.

I'll be present when there's some real discussions to talk about.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: @malachi_munroe: missed you too. Been a long minute since I got to chat on Storm with my fave fans.

And YES to the overdue defensive applications of her powers. I never really understood why Storm or Crystal don’t create defensive shields more frequently. Most other energy manipulators or elementally powered characters do.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2081  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@waitomegastorm: @tonix: @malachi_munroe: @shepardoakenprime: @storm_calling: @son_of_storm: @thunderbolt30:

Judging by how HoX #6 looks I really hope this is a Storm that could finally cut loose. And destroy these humans for killing her Best-Friend.

Although, it doesn't make sense considering Scott and Jean are still alive after this whole event. Which makes me believe MAYBE this is a different life. This could be the missing life of Moira. Life #6. And DoX takes places in Life 10 or 11. Remember guys Moira has one more life left and that's Number 11. WE are on what 10?

I think this is a different Storm.

Side Note: I'm happy Hickman got creative with Storm. I'm crossing my fingers that we get something creative like this again. *Fingers Crossed* For a defensive shield Please!!!

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2082  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@mooty_pass: I also expect humans to feel the Goddess's fury.

And about Jean and Scott, I remember that in HOX # 1 Jean and Scott were inside domes, maybe that's how they come back, and I still have the feeling that Jean and everyone else came back in HOX # 6 in continuity 616 of Moira's tenth life.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm:

I don't know. We still have not gotten an explanation as to why Jean is wearing her OLD outfit instead of her X-Men Red outfit. I mean that's something that needs to be addressed. Also, I REALLY hope it's not pod people. Because if Storm dies that means there is a pod for Storm which means there could be millions of Storms.

Pod Mutants is a lame concept to me, but whatever.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: Well about Jean's outfit, I think it's just something of nostalgia that JH wanted to bring, I also didn't want this theme (clones) to be addressed, speaking of clones I remembered Sinister, I think he might have something deal with it or have influenced Xavier.

I remembered something else, because Vulcan didn't go with the "suicide squad", it could also be very useful (thoughts)

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooty_pass: That'll definitely be nice to see. I just hope to see cool and intricate applications of her powers whether she's pissed or calm. I like the hydrokinesis she performed. I'd like to see more interesting things like that.

I don't read the comics. I just come here to get my Storm news/updates so can someone explain what happened, who died and why she'd be pissed?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: @malachi_munroe: missed you too. Been a long minute since I got to chat on Storm with my fave fans.

And YES to the overdue defensive applications of her powers. I never really understood why Storm or Crystal don’t create defensive shields more frequently. Most other energy manipulators or elementally powered characters do.

I mean I'd be less worried about Crystal due to her Inhuman physical stats. Storm on the other hand is pure glass. So yeah I'd love some sort of defense boost for her and one that becomes as common use as Emma's diamond form. It does us no good for her to throw up a pressure dome once every 30 years. Or hell even a magnetic shield like Magneto. Maybe one day she can block a beam from Galactus as well. lmfao.

At the moment her only form of defense is pretty much blocking energy attacks with a lightning bolt.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: @tonix: @malachi_munroe: @shepardoakenprime: @storm_calling: @son_of_storm: @thunderbolt30:

Judging by how HoX #6 looks I really hope this is a Storm that could finally cut loose. And destroy these humans for killing her Best-Friend.

Although, it doesn't make sense considering Scott and Jean are still alive after this whole event. Which makes me believe MAYBE this is a different life. This could be the missing life of Moira. Life #6. And DoX takes places in Life 10 or 11. Remember guys Moira has one more life left and that's Number 11. WE are on what 10?

I think this is a different Storm.

Side Note: I'm happy Hickman got creative with Storm. I'm crossing my fingers that we get something creative like this again. *Fingers Crossed* For a defensive shield Please!!!

Hmm we'll see. At this point I'm not even going to attempt to get into Hickman's head. It pretty much ends up like this.

No Caption Provided

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all is I can is bright lady be praised. I had my concerns but how she was utilized in hox4 is very promising. other writers take note ororo does more than shoot lightning.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, you guys, enjoy the water manipulation feats while you can. That power will go away when she and Iceman start appearing in the same ongoing title.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: I was thinking about that.

welcome back LL and WW

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagoat44: I wonder what they did or how they determine who was omega. we know what the definition is but how were they tested to confirm this?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.