Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10271 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

X-Men's Storm may Betray the team in X Swords

bloodstorm67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Marvel's Next Big Thing panel hints at a dark future for Storm - will the X-Men's Beautiful Windrider really betray them in X of Swords?Marvel Comics is teasing a major arc for the X-Men's Storm as part of the upcoming "X of Swords" event - possibly involving her betraying the team. Easily the most spiritual X-Man, Storm has been a firm fan-favorite since her debut in 1975's Giant-Size X-Men.

What do you guys think? Lets hope Marvel doesn't try to kill her off

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I'd love it. A Storm not held back by morals or ethics is something I've longed to see. We got a small taste of it when she was a horseman for Nate but it would be nice to see it played out over an arc or two. We'd finally really get to see what a team busting Storm can do AND with the X-Men being able to give Death the finger I'm fully expecting her to kill left and right......... if this is the way Marvel decides to go with her.

What do you guys think? Lets hope Marvel doesn't try to kill her off

Kill off their MOST prominent black female character RIGHT as they are moving the X-Men to the MCU? I don't see that happening at all. If you take a step back for a moment and really look at it you'll notice that out of the X-men that Storm is the one with the least amount of deaths under her belt.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

"Easily the most spiritual X-Man"

Guess the writer forgot about Nightcrawler.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx: fair point. Though I’d peg Kurt as more religious than spiritual.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@thunderbolt30: I understand that there would be some who would separate the two. Here are a couple definition examples that put them together though...

Cambridge definition - "relating to deep feelings and beliefs, especially religious beliefs"

Merriam-Webster - 1: of, relating to, consisting of, or affecting the spirit

2: of or relating to sacred matters

3: concerned with religious values

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I hope she kicks ass and takes names. But I’m hoping more than anything that this arc is compelling and actually meaningful.

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am actually really looking forward to it. A Storm which is not withheld by emotions is what I really wanted to see as well and the only way I see this happening is her going up in space where she can cry and do all the damage but I feel like X of Swords is happening on Earth, therefore, it will be interesting to see, how far she will go.

And I do hope they really touch on her Omega rank and her Godhood.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just down for a great story that potentially Storm is a significant part of, or even if we're getting a bit too hyped I know I'll really enjoy weapon wielding Storm that looks like was chosen for battle.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_of_storm: @thunderbolt30: @roddy2010: @The92Ghost: @shepardoakenprime: @bloodstorm67:

I’m EXCITED.

I think this is a GREAT step towards Storm’s Character and potentially Good Stories. And a Storm Book.

I just wanna talk about this really quick because I’m shocked people are buying into it.

This rumor of Storm turning Bad Guy and Betraying the X-Men? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT. Here’s why:

Storm and Cipher are 2 characters that where mentioned to have Big Roles in this event. Nobody else. Now, that also doesn’t mean she’s a Bad Guy and that we should assume she will betray the X-Men. It’s not in Storms character to do that. When’s the last time Storm betrayed the X-Men WITHOUT being mind controlled or possessed, but by her own free will.

The only way I see Storm betraying the X-Men is if she is actually Mind Controlled and Possessed.

Now this “Classified” Horseman that people THINK it’s Storm? Is not Storm. They will need to explain why Storm has Black Hair and not White. I can see this Horseman being related to Storm that’s possible. But Storm herself???? That’s a stretch.

That’s all I got to say. LOL

MalfunctionEnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only hope I have regarding this is that this villain is a powerful one that storm fights and defeats with her own power. I'm tired of the writers boasting about storm only to have her wag her finger at someone or create a lightning storm. Controlling multiple atmospheres from afar was a fantastic showing of power. We need actually diversity of power showings. Not, "oh, look, it's storm with a lightning bolt... It did nothing to the enemy, but it did get redirected at her and now she's on life support."

It would be interesting if this character is an opposite version of Storm that was created by that virus. However, that seems to always lead to one of two outcomes; embrace the evil you to win, or sacrifice death. I hope they don't use this "storm plays a big part" bs as a Segway into taking her power down.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

At Marvel's Next Big Thing panel at Comic-Con@Home, power-mad X-Editor Jordan White talked with X-Men writers Tini Howard and The Gerry Duggan of Comics, Gerry Duggan, about the X of Swords crossover event. There wasn't a whole lot of information revealed at the panel, but the writers did discuss which characters' stories make them most excited about the event.

"As the person that's been writing Marauders, I'm very excited for this story because of Storm's part in it," said Duggan. "Finally, you know, there's a super, super cool story that we've been dying to tell. When you see Russell Dauterman and Matt Wilson's cover for Marauders, you'll understand why I'm so excited about this story for Storm. We should show that cover. I'm going to show that cover."

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stormcell

@koays: This looks interesting. I was concerned that Storm would be someone in the background with the bone sword who may swing it a few times and that's it. With 10 swordbearers, it's easy for Storm to get lost in the crowd. Your post makes me feel a little hopeful about the story.

Though I suspect Apocalypse will likely be the central character in this story, I'd love for Storm's goddesshood to come up ONLY IFthey do it justice and make her uber uber uber powerful!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: The assumption is that by the second month only a handful of the initial sword characters will remain. Betsy, Magik, Cypher, Logan, Cable, Apocalypse seem to be the most prominent characters with swords.

Storm's story arc seems to focus more directly on her, the Death horsemen and some connection to the leader of the Horsemen faction and is one of the only character arcs the writers have mentioned in the book outside of Cypher.

Duggan, the Marauders writer is especially excited for her, which is worth noting since he's also the writer for Cable and he hasn't mentioned him despite it having just as many tie ins.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Thanks for posting that.

We Storm fans are happy. But we’ve seen this before so some of us are a bit skeptical.

But I trust Hickmans vision so fingers crossed it’s good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.