Follow

Thanos

Character » Thanos appears in 1260 issues.

An Eternal with the Deviant gene, making him unique and extremely powerful, even amongst his own kind. Above all else, Thanos loves and worships Mistress Death. Few can equal his intelligence, strength, and ambition for power. Thanos has wielded the Cosmic Cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and even the Heart of the Universe.

How come there is no mention of jim starlins recent infinity trilogy ogns on the thanos bio page ?

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cull_Obsidian

Hey just wondered how come there is no mention of jim starlins recent infinity trilogy ogns on the thanos bio page ? Is it just that it hasn't been put in ? Which is strange as the newer stuff is written up

If its just an oversight then ill add it in when I have time

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Because I haven't been keeping up with my editing and I guess no one else cares.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: I don't think its just you because there isn't really any mention on the Marvel wiki either

I can add to it when I have time

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@cull_obsidian: I think I didn't add it because it wasn't that significant for him. I did add the events to Adam Warlock's page.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: Yeah I think its pretty significant as it includes thanos annual , infinity revelation, hulk vs thanos, infinity relativity, infinity entity and Infinity finale

Thats a lot to be left out , but can help to edit it

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@cull_obsidian: Thanos. If I remember correctly, it seems to take place before and after Infinity?

And yes, it's a lot of material, but none of it is significant to Thanos' character. If someone didn't read it, it wouldn't be some huge missing piece of the puzzle they would need to understand current events.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: Ah ok thats true , I know its defo after annihilation. And thanos imperative events, and before and after infinity and during time runs out and maybe secret wars

They probably wont miss a huge chunk but its still definitely worth mentioning, as there is loads thats been written about that wouldn't matter if people hadn't read it , such as the walker arc , and arguably. Tyrant as well

I do actually think some of it is very significant such as reunion with warlock and also becoming deaths paramour ,legion commander , meeting toaa and saving the universe etc

Also there are many mentions and expositions of past events that shed light and add more context such as siding with annhilus and how drax killed him especially in thanos annual and infinity revelation

Btw do you know if the mods actually removed the mentions or just havent done it , I don't mind doing it all when I have time if you dont mind either

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@cull_obsidian: I'm sure no one removed it. And I do think it's worth being on the page, it just wasn't super important to keep up with him so I didn't bother. When did Drax kill him besides Annihilation and Imperative? I don't remember either of those you mentioned happening. All I remember from the annual is saving himself from Mephisto while he had the IG. Maybe also that's where Starlin retconned Thanos as being "weakened" during Annihilation and that's why he was able to kill him (total BS if you ask me). I only remember a cameo of Drax in the new Infinity trilogy.

I don't mind you adding it. I don't own the pages, lol. I'm already in the middle of several other wiki projects I can never seem to finish.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: Ah ok because I'm sure ive seen it there now its not, even on the wikipedia and marvel wiki entries there's isn't much

Lol I mean the context is especially in the annual and revelation not that drax killed him In those, in the annual the thanos avatar told thanos about the different deaths and events in the future , and in revelation thanos tells warlock about the drax death whn walking through the machine that visualises subconscious musings

Ah lol I know just didn't want to mess up if you did a lot of work or if it wont be approved , I haven't edited the wiki before lol so are you a mod or just like upkeeping the wiki , have you edited thanos more then others have ?

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@cull_obsidian: I'm not a mod anymore, but not all mods edit and not all editors are mods. Anyone can do it if you follow the guidelines, write objectively and have good grammar. Yes, most of the page was written by me but that was a long time ago. I haven't edited the page since Infinity. Looks like @N00beditor3 has been doing most of it since then.

I'm sure some of my stuff isn't perfectly clear so I never mind someone cleaning it up. It wasn't written by me, but the Thanos Rising part could use clean up and is in the wrong place chronologically. The wiki is a community effort.

And I just find it bizarre and frustrating that Starlin couldn't even let Drax get a clean kill, since that's what Starlin himself created Drax to do.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart: ah ok fair enough , yeah it's a community wiki , but realise there are people that have put a lot of effort into it look at pikahyper over 19 million wiki points lol that's crazy

Yeah I actually noticed that , it's put in publication date rather then chronologically, as its his origins, I was thinking about also adding the thanos annual earlier as its after his defeat after the cosmic cube saga

Yeah I agree , there was actually two different regions by starlin ,one was being weakened, and one was during revelation where he said it was because he was feeling all used up and ready for the great rest of something

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cull_obsidian: I guess it is because it was retconned out of exizstence by Adam Warlock to have never happened.

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: true but I still thinks it's important , also isn't it the same as the end series as that's been erased

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.