Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8623 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor Comics Discussion

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Thor-Parker

Greetings and welcome to the golden realm, or in this case, the golden thread.

The purpose of this thread is simple, you can talk anything related to (Marvel) Thor and his comic books, discuss anything regarding your favorite Asgardian, the best stories, your favorite supporting characters, your favorite love interest, what is currently happening with the character and pretty much anything you like that involves Thor/Asgard, nothing is off limits.

No Caption Provided

==========================================================================

Enjoy your stay in the golden realm thread !!

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Asgaard

Cool!!!

No Caption Provided

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks good finally we'll have some active threads pinned lol

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thor-Parker

@asgaard: @thorthunder98: I´ll kick this off with my favorite stuff on the god of thunder...

• Favorite run: Thor Vol. 2 #1-74 by Dan Jurgens
    • Favorite story arc: Surtur Saga, Spiral, Gods and Men, God Butcher.
    • Favorite artist: Olivier Coipel
    • Best villain: Loki
    • Best love interest: Sif & Amora (Preferably Sif)
    • Best supporting character: Odin
    Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: thor is about to school young jean grey in jean grey #4 on how to fight the Phoenix force.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

@thor_parker82: thor is about to school young jean grey in jean grey #4 on how to fight the Phoenix force.

Thanks for letting me know, I´m definitely checking that.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Favorite run: Thor run by JMS
    • Favorite story arc: Gorr arc
    • Favorite artist: Esaad Ribic
    • Best love interest: Sif
    • Best supporting character: Odin/ Beta Ray Bill
    Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

Yea I saw that but he's still hydra so how will that work unless she is too

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: I don't think Thor being hydra is related here it's just that Thor is gonna give some advice on how to fair against the Phoenix.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Favorite Run: #337 to #382 by Walt Simonson
    • Favorite Story Arc: Surtur Saga, Thor (#350-#353)
    • Favorite Artist: Marko Djurdjevic
    • Ranking The Top 5 Antagonists:

1- Loki

2- Hela

3- Surtur

4- Amora

5- Karnilla

• Ranking The Top 5 Supporting Characters:

1- SIF

2- Odin

3- Heimdall

4- Gaea

5- Balder

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dykehunter: WTF is wrong with Thor´s eyes in your avatar lol

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thorthunder98

Identity of the War Thor revealed...

No Caption Provided

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Also Heimdall can't see through smoke?

I think that will be explained, something probably happened to Heimdall........if not, then that is ridiculous.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have at Thee!

I've been wanting to collect the essential Thor collections but the comicbook shop i used to go to no longer has them for some reason.

Any ideas where i can buy the physical copies?

Beata

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson: I find I can get some good condition TPB's off of ebay for way cheaper than standard shops that's in the UK tho

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: @thor_parker82: bump!bump!bump guys.

It seems death of Jane is teased in legacy cover,check the link.

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-legacy-death-of-thor-teaser/

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: That would be amazing but I don't see them going through with it yet though I have hope

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Asgaard

Pre Aaron Jane is a good Thor/Asgard character, right in GoT Jane started to not sound the old Jane [you know (or you don't if you only read Thor comics after they become political) the Jane who has a son], as Thordis she is by far the worse character ever introduced in Thor's lore, its the most convenient/forced and less seeded and story rooted execution that i ever seen in major comic title, the damage that Aaron brought to Thor/Asgard with the Thordis creative decision will probably take years to be repaired, if it will ever be repaired, today people look at Marvel Thor as a hammer sidekick, and to Odin as a spoiled (mortal) kid, and to Asgard and its worldbuilding as something as mundane as the one you can find in Daredevil comics, and the rare fantastical concepts could not be more lame, like that sentient storm/mjolnir retcon stupidity, it just served Jane Thordis and the necessity to show something that initially may look like a very capable character but in the end is just a host for a sentient weapon (yes the hammer is magical but still just a weapon), and this creative decision basically contradicts something in every Thor past runarc issue.

Also even if we ignore the part where Jane Foster always was exposed to magic during all Thor's canon and only now she doesn't want magic to cure her (and wields a magical weapon), she still goes to places like the Halls of All-Knowing, making the disease that she suffers from a static plot point and not one that is interactive with the narrative and worldbuilding, where she actually could search for a cure, if not for her, for all the others that suffer from the same disease.

I could write a lot more about this, but in the end there is no point, it is what it is... Jane Thordis is (and it will be hard to top her) the main symbol of Thor title really dark days that this character fans went thought for several years, so i hope there is no one shocked if this possible death (fictional character) makes us happy, even if it will not solve much, because the comic will still be written by Asgard's butcher aka Jason Aaron... [Gorr the God butcher was awesome, but that was a totally different comic (tone, pace, characterization, worldbuilding) from the more recent Aaron Asgard's butcher)...

What really should die forever was the notion that if you pick a hammer you are Thor... When that is just the name of the son of Odin and Gaea, conceived to be the most powerful of the Gods...

Give this title to other writer that can see that Thor has to be a Journey Into the Mysteries of the Gods, and you have a big fan returning to this title and possible spin-offs (Jim/Sif, Loki, Angela/Valkyrie) of the same content...... If not ...... Till someday..........................

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! Glad Thor now has a discussion thread

You guys see the new Thor books (TPB Collections) being released later this year? Marvel is reprinting Simonson's omnibus and the Paperback line recollecting his run, Finally putting out omnibuses of Dan Jurgens run and collecting all of Michael Avon Oeming's work on the character as well as Robert Rodi's work on the character.

Finally getting some more Thor stuff out there.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: They´re putting out an omnibus for Dan Jurgens´ run ?? I´m definitely getting that one, it´s been a while since I read that awesome run.

Is Simonson´s omnibus the re-colored version or the original version ?? Also, I haven´t read Rob Rodi´s work, should I ??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: They´re putting out an omnibus for Dan Jurgens´ run ?? I´m definitely getting that one, it´s been a while since I read that awesome run.

Is Simonson´s omnibus the re-colored version or the original version ?? Also, I haven´t read Rob Rodi´s work, should I ??

Yes indeed here's the link: https://www.amazon.ca/Thor-Heroes-Return-Omnibus-Vol/dp/1302908138

Yeah and the paperbacks as well. They are just reprints of the recolored omnibus and paperbacks marvel released a few years ago when the first Thor film came out.

I haven't read Rodi's work either but I heard the Loki mini series he did with Esad Ribic was fantastic and I'm keen on reading some new Thor that I haven't before so I'll be checking it out. Here's the link for that: https://www.amazon.com/Thor-God-Deviants-Robert-Rodi/dp/1302907875/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&%2AVersion%2A=1&%2Aentries%2A=0

And in case you're curious as well here's the paperback for all of Michael Avon Oeming's work: https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Ragnaroks-Michael-Avon-Oeming/dp/1302907948/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_img_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HHS50E0V2AQRXTECS8JX

I've read Blood Oath and loved it but I've yet to read the Ragnarok story and the Beta Ray Bill story following it so I'm eager to read the rest of Oeming's work on Thor.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: That's exciting to hear. Been meaning to read it for ages and I can't wait.

Good year for some Thor collections

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Best case scenario with this Death of Jane teaser is that she gets her last act of heroism and then finally succumbs to the cancer (both inside and outside the comics) that has been plaguing her. Thor is inspired by Jane's sacrifice and is worthy of Mjolnir once again as the real OG Thor returns. Of course current Marvel is run by idiots and idealogues so it's probably going to be worse. Either Jane goes out being lauded as a hero even more worthy than the real Thor could ever be, the cover is a fakeout and Jane is not going to die or stop being She-Thor. Or worse Jane gets resurrected as a goddess so Aaron can continue worshipping her.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys! just noticed this thread. here are my favorite thor arc, stories, writers, ect.

• Favorite run: Thor vol. 2 by Jurgens
    • Favorite arcs: The godbutcher, the reigning and oemings ragnarok.
    • Favorite artist: Esad Ribic
    • Favorite writer: Dan Jurgens
    • Best love interest: Sif
    • Best supporting character: All-Father Odin

Nice picks

@lvenger said:

Best case scenario with this Death of Jane teaser is that she gets her last act of heroism and then finally succumbs to the cancer (both inside and outside the comics) that has been plaguing her. Thor is inspired by Jane's sacrifice and is worthy of Mjolnir once again as the real OG Thor returns. Of course current Marvel is run by idiots and idealogues so it's probably going to be worse. Either Jane goes out being lauded as a hero even more worthy than the real Thor could ever be, the cover is a fakeout and Jane is not going to die or stop being She-Thor. Or worse Jane gets resurrected as a goddess so Aaron can continue worshipping her.

Seems like the most viable choice tbh, Aaron is such a mess that he´d probably do that.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I can see that happening tbh as a statement to say she's not going anywhere...

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Personally don't care what happens to Jane or if Aaron keeps worshipping her as long as Thor gets his hammer back and she gets far away from his comic books.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@thor_parker82 said:

This is sooooooooooo sweet

Hehehe, thanks. ^_^

How about this one?

No Caption Provided

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
    @lvenger said:

Personally don't care what happens to Jane or if Aaron keeps worshipping her as long as Thor gets his hammer back and she and Aaron gets far away from his comic books.

I agree with this

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: Pretty sweet as well lol

Thanks. =)

If only it became real. Aaron really needs to leave Thor comics, till he gets back his God Butcher - level of writing and rather good potrayal of characters without butchering their lore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Still crazy to me the man who wrote God Butcher is doing this right now

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Exactly, if you told me years ago that the man who wrote the epic God Butcher arc would completely ruin and spit in the history of these characters, I would never believe you.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By destinyman75

Fav run- 1-walt Simonson 2-Jergens Vil 2-/3- Tom Defalco 1/( Eric Masterson run was good)

Story arch+. Surtur Saga, God butcher, Defalcos Eric Masterson. Thor run

Artist not sure but liked Ron frenz

Writer-Walt Simonson

Villian-Loki/Hela/Surtur Grogg/Amora/Malekith

Love interest-/Amora the Enchantress (sif honorable mention)

Supporting character-/Beta Ray Bill, Balder The Brave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: @thor_parker82: just read secret empire #5,not a bad issue for Thor.atm he is just confused on what to do considering that he knows that Steve is worthy of mjolnir yet he is completely aware of Cap's evilness.

However the best part is madam hydra states that she tried all the tricks on Thor to subdue him like vision and Wanda and he is still strong to resist them all

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@asgardianbrony said:

@lord_spectrum: those are great! you should post them on Aaron's twitter XD!

Those are not "powerful" enough, i need to make better, STRONGER !!! XD

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: Well he seems to be doing it because he wants Jane back from wherever she is, but I don't get why he's questioning what he's doing he should outright know what Hydra is doing is wrong and know that he's betrayed his friends. I don't get how he could still trust Steve or think that it's the same Steve he's not an idiot. Though I feel like he's going to go against them in the next issue and give them a major hit to the Hydra forces. Still doesn't make the slightest sense how Steve is worthy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.