Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8882 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

New-52/Rebirth Wonder Woman Respect Thread - Part 1 [Unfinished]

• 66 results
    agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mage101 said:
    @agent41 said:

@tedirey@cosmoman@masterwitcher88 I think we the previous thread deleted, probably due to the troll that massively banned so many. It would be a good idea to use this thread to post Post Flashpoint WW feats as her respect thread.

I'm in if you are. I suspected that some of wonder woman RT have been deleted, I don't get why this site hates her so much.

It is better to ignore the haters. Not giving them any entity is the better way to handle it.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Hi. Hope you don't mind if other WW fans post feats in this thread for Post Flashpoint WW. Since there was a Rebirth thread, but it was deleted when a mod massively banned people for no reason.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@thevivas: Hi. Hope you don't mind if other WW fans post feats in this thread for Post Flashpoint WW. Since there was a Rebirth thread, but it was deleted when a mod massively banned people for no reason.

That wasn't the only wonder woman thread that was deleted her post crisis RT was also deleted for no reason.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:
    @agent41 said:

That wasn't the only wonder woman thread that was deleted her post crisis RT was also deleted for no reason.

I know. A mod said that if we can find links, maybe they can recpver some of those threads.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @mage101 said:
    @agent41 said:

I know. A mod said that if we can find links, maybe they can recpver some of those threads.

Well, we'll never recover it because I don't think there's anyway we can find the links.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mage101 said:
    @agent41 said:
    @mage101 said:
    @agent41 said:

Well, we'll never recover it because I don't think there's anyway we can find the links.

Sad but true.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Diana still not bulletproof?

As of late, she is.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By seastone98
    @agent41 said:
    @seastone98 said:

As of late, she is.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DC does Diana dirty & nothing can change my mind

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @seastone98 said:

As of late, she is.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DC does Diana dirty & nothing can change my mind

As if that was something new. Diana's greatest archy villain is her own label. The trackrecord handling and ''respecting'' her character and lore is among the worst ever for a main IP i have ever seen.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By seastone98

@agent41: honestly a lot of her lore is really solid I think (Zena+ GOW) she's mostly let down by the editors

She is a prime example of "not a bad character just let down by a series of bad writers" imo

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: honestly a lot of her lore is really solid I think (Zena+ GOW) she's mostly let down by the editors

She is a prime example of "not a bad character just let down by a series of bad writers" imo

Xena and GOW could be WW's babies. But her lore is far more than that.

There is a reason why they tried hard to take away WW's core themes of politics, feminism, girl power and sisterhood since 2011. By having her life and power be centered around men. Zeus, Ares. Superman's girlfriend etc. Rapist Amazons, trying to give her a twin male brother that one writer even tried to make stronger than her. Let me know if you ever see writers trying to make supergirl stronger than Superman. And how almost all writers that fail with her, play the card that she is difficult to write. She is ''difficult'' to write alright. Becausde the chareacter they write is not really the essence of WW, as they portray her power level, personality and lore as opposite to what they are supposed to be as possible. But you will still hear them give lipservice about how powerful, skilled, smart and important she is in the DCU. They won't show it most of the time, but they will tell us all about it with some kind words.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By seastone98

@agent41: I think the "kind words" part can mostly be attributed to marketing I mean you wouldn't make an action figure of Aquaman & put "man who talks to fish" on the box then be surprised when nobody buys it

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I think the "kind words" part can mostly be attributed to marketing I mean you wouldn't make an action figure of Aquaman & put "man who talks to fish" on the box then be surprised when nobody buys it

Of course. And it shows the lack of competence from DC's part. They have been trying to do with WW everything but be true to what she stands for. From comics to movies. Turned her into a barbarian, a sadistic bitch that is willing to let the world go to hell as long as she can sleep with Superman. A cry baby that questions and doubts herself all the time, a glorified jobber etc, and then they ask why a book didn't sell more. Ironically, WW was created tobe a statement of equality and pretty much like one of the original social justice warriors in comics, likely the first, but DC has made her the perfect victim of sexism and the patriarchy for decades. With a sea of mediocre writing and editorial decisions, that turned a character with intersting ideas to explore into a generic mess.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@agent41: That’s perfectly fine, I don’t mind at all. Hopefully I’ll find the motivation to come back and not only catch up on reading but updating this as well.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@agent41: That’s perfectly fine, I don’t mind at all. Hopefully I’ll find the motivation to come back and not only catch up on reading but updating this as well.

Thank you very much.

Tedirey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
    @thevivas said:

Thank you very much.

All my posts are gone.

agent41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:
    @agent41 said:
    @thevivas said:

Thank you very much.

All my posts are gone.

It happened the same with all my post. When the mass ban took place. Everything i posted in the past was gone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.