Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23669 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Deathstroke Can't Beat the Bat Anymore(based on previous and present facts)

• 96 results
    BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nathaniel_christopher: Nathan, don't tell me you're doing this..(This might sound angry, don't take it personal)

Look bro, what you're saying is real life logic and common sense. That's real life physics. Batman is a fictional character! I just hate when people try to fight batman off with real life hard-ass real life facts like DUDE batman isn't even in the same UNIVERSE as us! Let alone he doesn't even exist! So that whole "The body can only be hurt but do many times so batman wuld lose to arybody" crap - just - just throw it out the window because it doesn't apply to batman. Know why? Because he is fictional, nonexistent and he's not even in our UNIVERSE.

Freakin LORD. People always do that crap when they have no other argument like it even applies to batman(or any other human hero)! Ffs now I'm pissed.

So like Alex said, don't throw that bullsh*t card dude. It DOESN'T APPLY to FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. Batman could get his back broken 100 times over in the next 500 years, it won't matter because he's a FICTIONAL character!

People also talk about "Batman old af, he been out since the early '90s!" Like dude, just stop it. Df you want them to do?! Wait til 1960 and say "Ok! Let's stop writing about batman because - you know, he's human and because he's old and in real life if ur old then u cant be batman"?!

I think I made my point... ;-;

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By BatmanPlusJay
    @night_raven said:

@batmanplusjay: Wonder Woman is a character that has the strength to compete with Superman-level opponents. She could throw him into orbit if she wanted, so me saying that she could KO Batman like that is not saying he's a feather at all. It is absolutely not an insult to say that WW could 1 hit KO Batman, or Slade for that matter, if she was properly motivated.

Wonderwoman cannot even think of competing against anyone that's superman's level. She's just gonna be obliterated...so badly..

Sure she could. But even if motivated, she won't get the chance too. Because like I said - sleeping gas puts her OUT. Plus batman's reflexes and plans I think could probably overwhelm her.

You keep coming up with these hypothetical scenarios like they're guaranteed outcomes. Look at the fights between Batman and Slade, they have typically been fairly level, with Slade taking the upper hand. In the scans you posted where Bats KOs Slade with his own sniper rifle, from what I've read Slade had already knocked him back a few times and was focussing on trying to assassinate someone else. Even with that as a victory for Batman (something I fully accept as possibly, just not expected in a majority out of 10), they're 1 for 1 in solo encounters. It's almost definitely exaggeration, but Slade claims he would've dispatched Batman in just a few moves if he wasn't hindered by the return of his eye in their last fight.

-_- It actually is a guranteed outcome, if not, something better. Ok, so if batman realizes one thing isn't working, you're gonna tell me he's gonna keep doing the thing that ISN'T working and not use his gadgets to his advantage..? What I came up with was a "strategy" and I'm only some-what of a strategist. Batman's a MASTER. Batman could probably come up with something twice as effective than my scenario and come up with the plan twice as fast as me and get it done without consuming that many gadgets.

He knocked batman back once. And that's not an excuse. It's like hypothetically saying DS didn't beat batman because during the fight, batman went to pick up his grapple gun. When batman comes -- why -- just why did he think batman at ANY cost would let him get that shot off? He should have just waited and fought batman.

You can't just claim Batman is now a low-level meta because of the dionysium restoring him! Alfred literally says that what it did was heal his scarring, but that he will return to what he was as he gets new scars etc. He is in better condition than we've essentially ever seen Batman to be in, but that doesn't make him a de facto meta. He's always arguably been low-level meta by feats, in the same way someone like Black Panther used to be.

The dionysium did restore him too, but It also (literally) leveled him up a bit.

Once again I'll say a fight between Batman and Slade should be extremely close, particularly with Batman now being healed, but in no way is it a stomp in his favour. Look at any one of the many Batman vs Deathstroke fights on the vine - the consensus is that Slade is significantly superior, so with Batman's recovery, they'd now be on more of a level footing.

When and where like, EVER in my comments did I say it's a stomp win(besides the OP)? I said it's a 50% chance and even more if batman uses gadgets. And those hypothetical scenarios are LIKELY. Yes, they're scenarios, but I BET they don't use anything like my scenario because it'll send DS fans through the roof. They'll be pissed that the fight went down like that and claim "DS went down too easily!". I bet that's the reason they don't make batman go ALL-OUT like that because it'll be too easy of a win.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay said:

@nathaniel_christopher: Nathan, don't tell me you're doing this..(This might sound angry, don't take it personal)

Look bro, what you're saying is real life logic and common sense. That's real life physics. Batman is a fictional character! I just hate when people try to fight batman off with real life hard-ass real life facts like DUDE batman isn't even in the same UNIVERSE as us! Let alone he doesn't even exist! So that whole "The body can only be hurt but do many times so batman wuld lose to arybody" crap - just - just throw it out the window because it doesn't apply to batman. Know why? Because he is fictional, nonexistent and he's not even in our UNIVERSE.

Freakin LORD. People always do that crap when they have no other argument like it even applies to batman(or any other human hero)! Ffs now I'm pissed.

So like Alex said, don't throw that bullsh*t card dude. It DOESN'T APPLY to FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. Batman could get his back broken 100 times over in the next 500 years, it won't matter because he's a FICTIONAL character!

People also talk about "Batman old af, he been out since the early '90s!" Like dude, just stop it. Df you want them to do?! Wait til 1960 and say "Ok! Let's stop writing about batman because - you know, he's human and because he's old and in real life if ur old then u cant be batman"?!

I think I made my point... ;-;

Thing is, that's not me saying anything lol as @night_raven pointed out Alfred outright said that Bruce's scarring was healed, which could obviously only have come from all the fighting he's been doing over the years. Calling it a crap excuse when it was stated in the comics therefore doesn't fly. All I did was explain how it makes perfect sense for them to write that into the comics, because that's how the human body works. Just like when Bane broke Bruce's back and they were afraid Bruce might not walk again lol that's how the body works. You don't just walk off breaking your back. In terms of the back, he had a meta-human that perfectly cured him. Here, he had Dionesium.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@nathaniel_christopher: Oh yeah, right, right...lol

But, people says he didn't get a "level up" just a "restoration". Right?

Then why did Scott Snyder himself say and I quote "Batman is more badass and better than ever. He's faster and stronger than you've ever seen him"?

I think he got a little boost and not just a restoration.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Alexander505

Yes in a real world would work like that, but in the comics these rules does not exist. Certainly some injuries could make deteriorate performance, but in the comics, any injuries just heal completely. Anyway in a real world, someone that have passed what Batman did, would be dead already. If we put like hypothesis the rules of our world in the comics, people like Batman will be dead in just few years, if they are lucky. I take this kind of stuff like what Superman or Flash does. These dudes don't follow the rules of the physics. Batman don't follow the rules of biology and physiology.

Scott Snyder put that explanation to make work the level up for the character. It's fine, is just a explanation, but we all know that, some rules of the real world just doesn't exist in the comics like never

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@alexander505: Yeah! MB! I got their names mixed. I actually meant Scott. Lol.

And I know physics and stuff don't exist in comics. Because Superman exists. And his small fists actually holds more mass than earth its self. And all that mass in that fist would/should turn into a black hole or just explode. It's like earth in a jar. Lol.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay said:

@nathaniel_christopher: Oh yeah, right, right...lol

But, people says he didn't get a "level up" just a "restoration". Right?

Then why did Scott Snyder himself say and I quote "Batman is more badass and better than ever. He's faster and stronger than you've ever seen him"?

I think he got a little boost and not just a restoration.

No idea why Snyder said that and i'm not certain he even has the ability to back that up, considering the crazy things we've seen Batman do over the years. What I know is that nothing happened in the latest issue that Bruce couldn't have done before, so personally i'm waiting to judge it going forward.

Either way, I still say what Snyder's saying doesn't make sense in regards to the story he wrote. It should literally be impossible for Bruce to still have any Dionesium in his system and we saw in Endgame that it's effects are not permanent. And any boost/level-up that did take place with Bruce and its somehow still affecting him now I can really only assume that Joker's the same way, because they were both there at the conclusion of Endgame.

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay:

@night_raven said:

@batmanplusjay: Wonder Woman is a character that has the strength to compete with Superman-level opponents. She could throw him into orbit if she wanted, so me saying that she could KO Batman like that is not saying he's a feather at all. It is absolutely not an insult to say that WW could 1 hit KO Batman, or Slade for that matter, if she was properly motivated.

Sure she could. But even if motivated, she won't get the chance too. Because like I said - sleeping gas puts her OUT. Plus batman's reflexes and plans I think could probably overwhelm her.

You keep coming up with these hypothetical scenarios like they're guaranteed outcomes. Look at the fights between Batman and Slade, they have typically been fairly level, with Slade taking the upper hand. In the scans you posted where Bats KOs Slade with his own sniper rifle, from what I've read Slade had already knocked him back a few times and was focussing on trying to assassinate someone else. Even with that as a victory for Batman (something I fully accept as possibly, just not expected in a majority out of 10), they're 1 for 1 in solo encounters. It's almost definitely exaggeration, but Slade claims he would've dispatched Batman in just a few moves if he wasn't hindered by the return of his eye in their last fight.

-_- It actually is a guranteed outcome, if not, something better. Ok, so if batman realizes one thing isn't working, you're gonna tell me he's gonna keep doing the thing that ISN'T working and not use his gadgets to his advantage..? What I came up with was a "strategy" and I'm only some-what of a strategist. Batman's a MASTER. Batman could probably come up with something twice as effective than my scenario and come up with the plan twice as fast as me and get it done without consuming that many gadgets.

He knocked batman back once. And that's not an excuse. It's like hypothetically saying DS didn't beat batman because during the fight, batman went to pick up his grapple gun. When batman comes -- why -- just why did he think batman at ANY cost would let him get that shot off? He should have just waited and fought batman.

You can't just claim Batman is now a low-level meta because of the dionysium restoring him! Alfred literally says that what it did was heal his scarring, but that he will return to what he was as he gets new scars etc. He is in better condition than we've essentially ever seen Batman to be in, but that doesn't make him a de facto meta. He's always arguably been low-level meta by feats, in the same way someone like Black Panther used to be.

The dionysium did restore him too, but It also (literally) leveled him up a bit.

Once again I'll say a fight between Batman and Slade should be extremely close, particularly with Batman now being healed, but in no way is it a stomp in his favour. Look at any one of the many Batman vs Deathstroke fights on the vine - the consensus is that Slade is significantly superior, so with Batman's recovery, they'd now be on more of a level footing.

When and where like, EVER in my comments did I say it's a stomp win(besides the OP)? I said it's a 50% chance and even more if batman uses gadgets. And those hypothetical scenarios are LIKELY. Yes, they're scenarios, but I BET they don't use anything like my scenario because it'll send DS fans through the roof. They'll be pissed that the fight went down like that and claim "DS went down too easily!". I bet that's the reason they don't make batman go ALL-OUT like that because it'll be too easy of a win.

Why on earth would sleeping gas put her out? She can fly into space, she doesn't need to breathe in for a long time let alone would it necessarily work on her. Seriously, put Batman vs Wonder Woman on the battles forum and only the most biased of fanboys would claim Batman could win in a random encounter let alone with limited prep. It looks like you're suggesting Batman's reflexes are on par with Diana's...

No they're absolutely not guaranteed outcomes! Of course Batman is going to come up with better strategies than anyone here could possibly, but you're acting like Slade isn't the world's foremost assassin and also a prep master, he's hardly going to make it that easy.

The dionysium might have improved him above his original peak condition, but that's something we'll have to wait to see. For now all we know is that it's healed all his scar tissue and damage, meaning he's the best Batman he could 'humanly' be (and obviously that's meant liberally, in a comic sense of the word).

I was responding to what you'd said in the OP. Now you're also saying that if Batman went all-out that it would be too easy of a win. Seeing as this is going pretty tangential, please look at any number of times this has been discussed on the battles board. The main issue here is that Batman and Slade have clashed a few times, and never has it been an easy win. Batman has more feats, but Slade's combat feats are at least as impressive.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some things that Batman should do if we are talking about a solid level up:

• bullet timer reflexes. Bats is always was able to dodging bullets, but would be logical that with a solid level up, is now able to "see" the bullets, and dodging them, literally.
    • some improvement in the speed, like doing the fear takedown seen in Arkham Knight. In that situation, Batman is able to defeat 5/6 in seconds
    • improvement in raw strength. He's stronger then every normal human being, maybe with the level up, could be logical to see him lift 1/2 tons
    • stamina? It is not important, Bats ha shown to have a really crazy stamina.
    • striking power. As for the stamina, I don't know, Batman has always shown crazy striking power...
    • Agility? He doesn't use so much his acrobatics skills, but he should still be a peak human in this area too
    BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BatmanPlusJay
    @night_raven said:

@batmanplusjay:

@batmanplusjay said:
    @night_raven said:

Why on earth would sleeping gas put her out? She can fly into space, she doesn't need to breathe in for a long time let alone would it necessarily work on her. Seriously, put Batman vs Wonder Woman on the battles forum and only the most biased of fanboys would claim Batman could win in a random encounter let alone with limited prep. It looks like you're suggesting Batman's reflexes are on par with Diana's...

Why wouldn't sleeping gas put her out? Her flying into space has nothing to do with sleeping gas. She will inhale and fall to sleep, how hard is that to believe? You didn't even provide any kind of evidence as to why it wouldn't work except your word which isn't even evidence and the excuse that her being a superhuman makes her immune to everything like superman which isn't true.

No they're absolutely not guaranteed outcomes! Of course Batman is going to come up with better strategies than anyone here could possibly, but you're acting like Slade isn't the world's foremost assassin and also a prep master, he's hardly going to make it that easy.

Yes, they are. He doesn't need to make it easy. He just doesn't have the defense to stop the ice, smoke, or anything that's wide-rage in a CQC. Sure, DS is a better tactician, true. But that's nothing to do with batman cunningly and un-noticingly dropping something on DS without him even knowing.

The dionysium might have improved him above his original peak condition, but that's something we'll have to wait to see. For now all we know is that it's healed all his scar tissue and damage, meaning he's the best Batman he could 'humanly' be (and obviously that's meant liberally, in a comic sense of the word).

Well, we'll see soon.

I was responding to what you'd said in the OP. Now you're also saying that if Batman went all-out that it would be too easy of a win. Seeing as this is going pretty tangential, please look at any number of times this has been discussed on the battles board. The main issue here is that Batman and Slade have clashed a few times, and never has it been an easy win. Batman has more feats, but Slade's combat feats are at least as impressive.

It will be too easy of a win. To be honest, batman is more sneaky than DS. DS can plan all he wants, but batman is one sneaky person. He has done things that even superman wasn't aware of in battle. He's sneaky as hell man. And I know why the fight was never easy, because I told you - it'll rile the fanbase up with hate because DS went down too easily. So they make it look like a fight when it's as easy as using gadgets for batman.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@alexander505 said:

Some things that Batman should do if we are talking about a solid level up:

• bullet timer reflexes. Bats is always was able to dodging bullets, but would be logical that with a solid level up, is now able to "see" the bullets, and dodging them, literally.
    • some improvement in the speed, like doing the fear takedown seen in Arkham Knight. In that situation, Batman is able to defeat 5/6 in seconds
    • improvement in raw strength. He's stronger then every normal human being, maybe with the level up, could be logical to see him lift 1/2 tons
    • stamina? It is not important, Bats ha shown to have a really crazy stamina.
    • striking power. As for the stamina, I don't know, Batman has always shown crazy striking power...
    • Agility? He doesn't use so much his acrobatics skills

Batman uses his agility on a daily basis, to dodge, to move, to do flips, he uses his agility ALOT. Dodging bullets requires agility - the ability to quickly and easily, or the ability to quickly switch directions. Which are things he does in every fight and when getting shot at.

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Night_Raven

@night_raven said:

Why wouldn't sleeping gas put her out? Her flying into space has nothing to do with sleeping gas. She will inhale and fall to sleep, how hard is that to believe? You didn't even provide any kind of evidence as to why it wouldn't work except your word which isn't even evidence and the excuse that her being a superhuman makes her immune to everything like superman which isn't true.

Yes, they are. He doesn't need to make it easy. He just doesn't have the defense to stop the ice, smoke, or anything that's wide-rage in a CQC. Sure, DS is a better tactician, true. But that's nothing to do with batman cunningly and un-noticingly dropping something on DS without him even knowing.

Well, we'll see soon.

It will be too easy of a win. To be honest, batman is more sneaky than DS. DS can plan all he wants, but batman is one sneaky person. He has done things that even superman wasn't aware of in battle. He's sneaky as hell man. And I know why the fight was never easy, because I told you - it'll rile the fanbase up with hate because DS went down too easily. So they make it look like a fight when it's as easy as using gadgets for batman.

She is a demi-goddess (current God of War) that has comfortably breathed in nuclear radiation and has rapidly healing divine blood, she has never been subjected to sleeping gas but at the least it wouldn't be fast-acting. Plenty of characters (e.g. Darkseid, Thor, etc) have never been attacked with sleeping gas, but nobody would claim that would work on them. What's more, if Batman is releasing gas, she has no need to inhale it and could easily fly up. This Batman vs Wonder Woman section is ridiculous, it's been covered countless times on the vine and the only chance Batman has is with extensive prep.

Clearly using those sorts of gadgets are things that would work in Batman's favour. But given that Batman and Slade have fought several times and Bats has never used those on him suggests that either Deathstroke is aware of them and acts accordingly, or Batman is too tied up trying to stay in the fight to be able to use them. I'm unconvinced Batman can tag Deathstroke reliably with cryo-pellets when Slade is attacking him with guns and his prometheum sword. Your reasoning is to say that it would rile up the DS fanbase too much if Batman won as easily as you say he should, which is not only underestimating how tough an opponent Slade is, but the same logic could be used as a reason that Slade doesn't win more easily. You said you weren't claiming it would be a stomp, but now you're saying it would be "too easy of a win" and guaranteed. If you're this confident then go ahead and make yet another Batman vs Deathstroke thread on the battle forum and see how many people say that Batman will stomp.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one here stomp, neither Batman or Deathstroke. It will be always a hell of fight between these dudes.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BatmanPlusJay
    @night_raven said:
    @batmanplusjay said:
    @night_raven said:

Well, we'll see soon.

She is a demi-goddess (current God of War) that has comfortably breathed in nuclear radiation and has rapidly healing divine blood, she has never been subjected to sleeping gas but at the least it wouldn't be fast-acting. Plenty of characters (e.g. Darkseid, Thor, etc) have never been attacked with sleeping gas, but nobody would claim that would work on them. What's more, if Batman is releasing gas, she has no need to inhale it and could easily fly up. This Batman vs Wonder Woman section is ridiculous, it's been covered countless times on the vine and the only chance Batman has is with extensive prep.

Show me some scans to back up the whole breathing in nuclear stuff please.

If you read my original scenario, I just said it's simple. Batman'll throw a baterang, WW will think she dodged it when in reality batman meant to miss. She would have thought the threat was the baterang but in reality it's sleeping gas.

Mind you, there is no "only chance". Batman is the chance. And he doesn't need "extensive" sh*t. Hello -- OBSERVATION! Batman knows who WW is and knows exactly who df he's up against so that's already a +1 for batman and he has his analyzing skills, tactic/strategy skills and just skills and gadgets period to take her on.

Clearly using those sorts of gadgets are things that would work in Batman's favour. But given that Batman and Slade have fought several times and Bats has never used those on him suggests that either Deathstroke is aware of them and acts accordingly, or Batman is too tied up trying to stay in the fight to be able to use them. I'm unconvinced Batman can tag Deathstroke reliably with cryo-pellets when Slade is attacking him with guns and his prometheum sword. Your reasoning is to say that it would rile up the DS fanbase too much if Batman won as easily as you say he should, which is not only underestimating how tough an opponent Slade is, but the same logic could be used as a reason that Slade doesn't win more easily. You said you weren't claiming it would be a stomp, but now you're saying it would be "too easy of a win" and guaranteed. If you're this confident then go ahead and make yet another Batman vs Deathstroke thread on the battle forum and see how many people say that Batman will stomp.

No, I already told you why batman doesn't use them. And "Tied up"? It's as simple as blocking one of DS's hits and just tossing him back a little for room, or just temporarily backing out of CQC. There's no "tied up", there's nothing keeping batman in the fight with DS except his own will. And guns don't work, why do you even keep suggesting that? Guns will not work. At all. And his sword? Batman took on the League of Assassins, in other words, he's had like 50 swords coming at him at once. Batman wouldn't have an issue dodging DS's sword attacks. And batman's pallets will work because in a CQC he could just literally drop them, or reach out 2 inches and stick it on DS. And that takes like half of a half a second, no biggie.

And if I post this on BattleForum, people will just use the ignorant fact that batman is human and completely limit his abilities to like a child's level and use the excuse that DS is a meta-human and think that means it's an automatic win.

And for goodness sakes I never said batman will stomp. Who df is even saying stomp? I just said if batman uses gadgets his chance of winning is higher. No one will say it's a stomp because it won't be. Idk why you keep twisting my words to "stomp".

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As they're now I think Batman may be able to get 3/10 unlike un the past.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_raven said:
    @batmanplusjay said:
    @night_raven said:

Well, we'll see soon.

If you read my original scenario, I just said it's simple. Batman'll throw a baterang, WW will think she dodged it when in reality batman meant to miss. She would have thought the threat was the baterang but in reality it's sleeping gas.

Mind you, there is no "only chance". Batman is the chance. And he doesn't need "extensive" sh*t. Hello -- OBSERVATION! Batman knows who WW is and knows exactly who df he's up against so that's already a +1 for batman and he has his analyzing skills, tactic/strategy skills and just skills and gadgets period to take her on.

By that logic Wonder Woman knows who Batman is, along with all the nifty tricks and gadgets he uses, so that's already a +1 for Wonder Woman. Both of them know each other and have worked together for years, so that doesn't really hold much weight for either side. Now if Wonder Woman was walking around saying Batman's a puny human and can't do anything, and had a long history of underestimating him, that'd be one thing. But she doesn't and neither does Superman for that matter. Both are opponents who respect and acknowledge Batman as the highly intelligent man that he is, so the chances of them going into a fight with him and suddenly falling for a random trick seems fairly low. Hence you have scenes such as this

Therefore I don't think Wonder Woman's going to fall for your batarang trick. Especially not if gas is actively flowing out of it as it's flying towards her. Furthermore, this relies on the batarang Batman does throw not simply being knocked away by Wonder Woman, as happens in the second scan above, or dodged via flight. If it's then going to be emitting the gas after it hits something it also relies on it landing right by her, say near her feet or directly behind her, and her then not moving at all after Batman's just attacked her. Point i'm making is that you're pushing your scenario into a very specific box where you assume there's a 100% chance that it's going to work exactly as you say it is, because it's Batman. When that's rarely how things actually go and it in turn depends on a very specific fight taking place, which allows for this to happen at all, when Diana, like Flash and Superman, can easily just blitz Batman from the jump.

I then don't really think we need to go in the extent of Wonder Woman's training throughout the years, media, and verses, and the fact that she herself has knowledge of tactics and strategy as well.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By BatmanPlusJay
    @batmanplusjay said:
    @night_raven said:
    @batmanplusjay said:
    @night_raven said:

Well, we'll see soon.

By that logic Wonder Woman knows who Batman is, along with all the nifty tricks and gadgets he uses, so that's already a +1 for Wonder Woman. Both of them know each other and have worked together for years, so that doesn't really hold much weight for either side. Now if Wonder Woman was walking around saying Batman's a puny human and can't do anything, and had a long history of underestimating him, that'd be one thing. But she doesn't and neither does Superman for that matter. Both are opponents who respect and acknowledge Batman as the highly intelligent man that he is, so the chances of them going into a fight with him and suddenly falling for a random trick seems fairly low. Hence you have scenes such as this

Sure WW knows batman, but how often does batman fight people her power level? Secondly, she's seen batman fight but... it's not the same as fighting her. Batman has tricks up his sleeve for all of the JLA members. Like the contingency plans. And "random trick"? Batman's not gonna be like.. idk.. 5 feet and throw a baterang with a trail of gas following it, he could simply just very well be in a CQC, in the middle of it, he could just cunningly drop a sleeping gas pallet, which takes like a half of a half a second. There's many ways this could go. But no, batman's not one to announce his tricks when he's clearly 10 feet away from his opponent. But let's just say batman did throw a baterang....I'll bet he has a follow-up right after, or she dodges and his baterang hits an explosive tank behind her and explodes. Batman doesn't only has gadgets, he also has the enviroment.

Therefore I don't think Wonder Woman's going to fall for your batarang trick. Especially not if gas is actively flowing out of it as it's flying towards her. Furthermore, this relies on the batarang Batman does throw not simply being knocked away by Wonder Woman, as happens in the second scan above, or dodged via flight. If it's then going to be emitting the gas after it hits something it also relies on it landing right by her, say near her feet or directly behind her, and her then not moving at all after Batman's just attacked her. Point i'm making is that you're pushing your scenario into a very specific box where you assume there's a 100% chance that it's going to work exactly as you say it is, because it's Batman. When that's rarely how things actually go and it in turn depends on a very specific fight taking place, which allows for this to happen at all, when Diana, like Flash and Superman, can easily just blitz Batman from the jump.

I already came up with a scenario of how to take out flash. Night_Raven ignored it though. I said if they fought, it wouldn't only just be a matter of speed. It'll be a matter of reaction time. And this was my scenario: Batman and Flash 20 feet away, batman drops a smoke pallet and a shocking-emp((Now I know what you'll say "FLASH WOULD HAVE JUST RAN AND CAUGHT DAT!". Not true, flash could have very well saw it, but he just didn't react fast enough.)), flash - just thinking it's smoke will run in there and boom - fried. Now batman could idk.. shock him some more with his shock gloves or do something as simple as tying his feet and hands up in his reinforced grapple-gun rope to subdue him.

Or, batman could just slyly dropped them without flash seeing it at all, especially since batman always has that cape over his body..who knows what's going on under there? But that's just one of many ways for batman to stay anonymous to his tricks.

I then don't really think we need to go in the extent of Wonder Woman's training throughout the years, media, and verses, and the fact that she herself has knowledge of tactics and strategy as well.

I'm not saying she isn't a master combatant with tactics and strategy - but batman's better because he strategizes on a daily basis. He's always up against someone physically more powerful than him, batman's brain is constantly working and getting better, along with his skills. WW I assume would usually only strategize when against people she thinks could do some serious numbers on her. I'm not saying she'll just fight batman blindly, but I don't think she would go as far as to fight too hard because of the fact that he's a human. Now I know you said they acknowledge him and stuff, but even after all those years with the JLA - why does batman still continue to amaze them at times? Cause he's usually always got new tricks.

I mean, just think about it.. batman acknowledges Robin(any robin) right? So if they were to fight batman, batman knows they're good, but he would still be like "eh.. you're good...but you just can't beat me....". Right? Well, Yes and No. I said No because batman takes all of his opponents seriously, he even fights the penguin like he's deathstroke. Batman doesn't USUALLY underestimate. But I said yes because that's how it would be with WW and Batman.. she'd think "Batman, you're good, just not like me". And probably give him that DS speech of the whole "I'm faster, stronger, ect..".

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay

Sure WW knows batman, but how often does batman fight people her power level?

Um, barely ever lol who exactly is Batman fighting on a regular basis that is at Wonder Woman's level? In fact, what Batman Rogues in general are at Diana's level? Seems to be an overestimation of just how powerful Batman's Rogues actually are.

Secondly, she's seen batman fight but... it's not the same as fighting her. Batman has tricks up his sleeve for all of the JLA members. Like the contingency plans. And "random trick"? Batman's not gonna be like.. idk.. 5 feet and throw a baterang with a trail of gas following it, he could simply just very well be in a CQC, in the middle of it, he could just cunningly drop a sleeping gas pallet, which takes like a half of a half a second. There's many ways this could go. But no, batman's not one to announce his tricks when he's clearly 10 feet away from his opponent. But let's just say batman did throw a baterang....I'll bet he has a follow-up right after, or she dodges and his baterang hits an explosive tank behind her and explodes. Batman doesn't only has gadgets, he also has the enviroment.

Seeing someone fight for years on end provides you with valuable information about the person, their strengths, weaknesses, and limits. Where exactly do you think Batman gets his informaiton about people from besides seeing them do various things in combat situations? Your logic can, again, be turned on its head and applied to Batman. If seeing a person fight adds nothing of value, then Batman's got nothing either, because he's not exactly fighting her on a regular basis. Place Batman in close quarters combat with Wonder Woman and it opens him up to exactly the same events that I already linked above. That seems to assume that Wonder Woman's a fighter who doesn't also watch the environment or that she's one to announce her tactics in combat as well. There are many ways this could go, such as Wonder Woman simply appearing right behind Batman and knocking him out. Or dodging his Batarang, which hits an explosive tank, and moving to the other side of the room or the air. Heck, Wonder Woman could've picked said explosive tank up and simply thrown it at Batman beforehand anyways, removing the tank from the equation altogether. However, let's say that the batarang hits an explosive tank. That's not going to KO Wonder Woman anyways:

I already came up with a scenario of how to take out flash. Night_Raven ignored it though. I said if they fought, it wouldn't only just be a matter of speed. It'll be a matter of reaction time. And this was my scenario: Batman and Flash 20 feet away, batman drops a smoke pallet and a shocking-emp((Now I know what you'll say "FLASH WOULD HAVE JUST RAN AND CAUGHT DAT!". Not true, flash could have very well saw it, but he just didn't react fast enough.)), flash - just thinking it's smoke will run in there and boom - fried. Now batman could idk.. shock him some more with his shock gloves or do something as simple as tying his feet and hands up in his reinforced grapple-gun rope to subdue him.

"Flash could have very well saw it, but he just didn't react fast enough"

Why? Specifically, why exactly is Flash not reacting fast enough? Flash is fast enough to react to a bolt of lightning shooting at him, actually is a bullet-timer, has a mind that works faster than supercomputers, he's noted his reactions activating and working in terms of femtoseconds, why exactly is the Flash of all people not going to be capable of reacting fast enough to Batman dropping a smoke pellet or I guess an EMP grenade? Furthermore, if Batman drops a smoke pellet, why does Flash HAVE to run directly into the smoke. What purpose is that serving? What reason is there for him to need to get to Batman that badly? Furthermore, why is he then not using one of the other methods we've seen him use, such as creating whirlwinds to simply blow the smoke away? Finally, say the smoke pellet's dropped and Flash, for whatever reason, runs right into the smoke, what's stopping him from reaching Batman before the EMP goes off?

Flash routinely moves so fast and covers extremely vast areas in the span of a second, so why is 20 feet suddenly a big deal for him? Especially when he's been shown as being capable of going off and doing whatever before someone even realizes that he's gone. Also doesn't change the fact that, like with the gas explosion, an EMP isn't going to put Diana down anyways.

Or, batman could just slyly dropped them without flash seeing it at all, especially since batman always has that cape over his body..who knows what's going on under there? But that's just one of many ways for batman to stay anonymous to his tricks.

This actually has a better chance of working, assuming that Flash hasn't already blitzed Batman from the jump. But that still has you making some kind of random assumption that 1)Batman's then going to be able to set off the EMP before Flash gets to him in the smoke and 2)that Flash is going to run straight into the smoke at all. Neither are guaranteed or required of Flash and Flash could most definitely reach Batman before he sets off the EMP. He could reach Batman before Batman even moves if he's just trying to attack him, for whatever reason this fight's happening at all, as soon as they see one another.

I'm not saying she isn't a master combatant with tactics and strategy - but batman's better because he strategizes on a daily basis. He's always up against someone physically more powerful than him, batman's brain is constantly working and getting better, along with his skills. WW I assume would usually only strategize when against people she thinks could do some serious numbers on her. I'm not saying she'll just fight batman blindly, but I don't think she would go as far as to fight too hard because of the fact that he's a human. Now I know you said they acknowledge him and stuff, but even after all those years with the JLA - why does batman still continue to amaze them at times? Cause he's usually always got new tricks.

Um, no. If the argument is that Batman fights crime on a daily basis and therefore uses strategy on a daily basis, how does that not apply to Diana as well who is out fighting people on a daily basis too? Batman isn't "always" facing someone physically more powerful than him for one. However, the fact that he actually does more often than Diana then doesn't change the fact that Diana still strategizes on a regular basis. The assumption that she doesn't is unfounded. You're then underestimating Diana's opinion of Batman. So people are amazed by Batman, therefore they underestimate him? That simply makes no sense.

I mean, just think about it.. batman acknowledges Robin(any robin) right? So if they were to fight batman, batman knows they're good, but he would still be like "eh.. you're good...but you just can't beat me....". Right? Well, Yes and No. I said No because batman takes all of his opponents seriously, he even fights the penguin like he's deathstroke. Batman doesn't USUALLY underestimate. But I said yes because that's how it would be with WW and Batman.. she'd think "Batman, you're good, just not like me". And probably give him that DS speech of the whole "I'm faster, stronger, ect..".

Where is this assumption coming from that Diana doesn't fight her opponents seriously? Or that Batman's the only person that does that in general? Diana would give Batman a speech about how she's superior to Batman when fighting him? Yes, because lord knows that Wonder Woman does that to her opponents on a regular basis. She talks down to Batman and has a history of underestimating him right? Your argument makes no sense.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay (@nathaniel_christopher) I think this has gone on plenty long enough. Your original thread started because you were saying that Batman's supposed boost from the Dionysium healing (which we'll see if it is actually an 'amp', though yes it could be) meant that Deathstroke could no longer beat him. This could be argued to be correct based on what happens next, however since then you've gone on to say that the only reason Slade has ever done as well as he has (let alone won) is to not anger the Deathstroke fanbase. You've also continued to force hypothetical situations to try to prove that Batman would beat/incapacitate Wonder Woman or Flash in a fight - regardless of who is correct here, this has been done lots of times in the battle forums and that's where any debate on it should take place. Also in a random encounter and without carrying a contingency plan on him, it's hugely unlikely.

You could well be right that Batman now has the upper hand on Slade, but now having the advantage and the only reason Batman didn't always win easily against him being because of the fanbase are two very different things. I'd also definitely have to disagree about the latter.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay (@nathaniel_christopher) I think this has gone on plenty long enough. Your original thread started because you were saying that Batman's supposed boost from the Dionysium healing (which we'll see if it is actually an 'amp', though yes it could be) meant that Deathstroke could no longer beat him. This could be argued to be correct based on what happens next, however since then you've gone on to say that the only reason Slade has ever done as well as he has (let alone won) is to not anger the Deathstroke fanbase. You've also continued to force hypothetical situations to try to prove that Batman would beat/incapacitate Wonder Woman or Flash in a fight - regardless of who is correct here, this has been done lots of times in the battle forums and that's where any debate on it should take place. Also in a random encounter and without carrying a contingency plan on him, it's hugely unlikely.

You could well be right that Batman now has the upper hand on Slade, but now having the advantage and the only reason Batman didn't always win easily against him being because of the fanbase are two very different things. I'd also definitely have to disagree about the latter.

Well said.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@night_raven: And I agree. I keep on telling you I'm not downgrading slade in any way. The same could be said for Slade for being a Better tactician. If he uses his weapons/gadgets the right way, he could get the best of the bat. In a fight, it's always close and it's always a good fight between the two but I am not trying to downgrade slade in any way. If you want, I'll even edit my OP because I know I came off a little bit harsh on DS.(Which I'll probably do anyway)

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: Yeah, I agree with Night, this went on long enough. After I read "Wonder Woman simply appearing right behind Batman and knocking him out", I realized I was against someone who underestimates batman yet again.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher: Yeah, I agree with Night, this went on long enough. After I read "Wonder Woman simply appearing right behind Batman and knocking him out", I realized I was against someone who underestimates batman yet again.

LOL yeah ok buddy.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they're closer now than in the past.

DS should take 6 or 7/10 over Batman

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Alexander505

It's too much, I say no more then 5/10. A good draw.

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While this DS seems to be less skilled and focused than he was pre52 he's still good while being way more powerful in stats than Batman.

His healing factor is also pretty insane.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@butros: His healing factor isn't "insane" did you not look at the scan in the OP where he states his healing factor isn't even all that good when fighting batman?

And 7/10?

DS has batman like around 5/10 like the other guy said.

And his stats aren't "way more powerful" you can't prove that. If you can -- scans please..

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Butros

What scans do talk about,pre52 Slade?

Also his stats and durability are way better than Batman.

He has taken punishment from an enraged Wonder Woman,Bizzaros,and he was shot with a sniper before fighting Red Hood(not to talk about getting poisoned).

Even after getting shot with few bullets during the fight with R.Hood he was ok.

And if we talk about strength I dont this Batman would or should be able to do it

No Caption Provided

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butros said:

What scans do talk about,pre52 Slade?

Also his stats and durability are way better than Batman.

He has taken punishment from an enraged Wonder Woman,Bizzaros,and he was shot with a sniper before fighting Red Hood(not to talk about getting poisoned).

Even after getting shot with few bullets during the fight with R.Hood he was ok.

And if we talk about strength I dont this Batman would or should be able to do it

No Caption Provided

Ok ok.

But batman's durability is also freakin insane: Talk about poisoning? Batman was poisoned by the joker, stuffed in a coffin 10 ft under ground, stuck into a straight-jacket and got out without gadgets within seconds.

Showcasing(Above) his dodging speed against 4 super powered people (who are enhanced with Bloom seeds that grants them super powers) who are attacking him at the same time and are unable to land a single attack against him. According to Alfred we learn this is likely due to his now newly improved body having been fully healed by the Dionesium (the formula that gives Talon's their super human abilities plus healing factor) he was exposed to that also seemingly boosted his physical abilities due to healing all the years of battle scars and wounds he endured throughout his crime fighting career (Batman v2 #50) And this is the NEWEST batman. This is the batman after rebirth.

It's gonna make DS killing batman hell of a lot harder(I'm gonna update my OP)

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_raven: @butros: @alexander505:

It's official. Batman's a Meta-Human(Read my OP, added something new). My OP explains how batman's physical stats were even boosted.

Avatar image for racksonracksonracks
    racksonracksonracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman at his best eva rite now becuz of da dyonisium dat heal up da scartissue

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay:

When DS has ever tried to kill Batman?Or used lethal weapons against him?

DS always spared Batman life after putting him down,he has no beef with him.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butros: I like how you said "DS always spared batman's life" when that only happened f*cking once. It's like me losing 1 fight and you're like "YOU LOSE EVERY SINGLE FIGHT DUDE!" Like df?

Plus, DS only let batman live because he couldn't kill DS even if he tried too. DS was beaten soo badly after that fight he lost to a REGULAR thug. xD Dude lost to a street thug and was just in a TERRIBLE condition. So if he tried to kill batman, batman would have just moved and off the ledge DS goes. xD

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay:

We all know that in both their encounters DS put Batman down and spared him,we have scans for that.

As said DS is a merc,he has no quarell with him,he even respects Batman...never asked yourself why DS(you know DS who Batman is?) has never sold Bruce Wayne's real identity?

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

@butros: Nope. DS only put batman down once in 1 fight and spared him once in one fight. We have scans for that. Slade only made batman fall in that one other scan, doesn't automatically mean "Oh den DS wuld have beet batman den kill him".

DS never released batman's identity because he doesn't care. Yeah, he know sit. But he's not the blackmailing type. He just respects batman. And you're wrong. DS does have quarrel with batman. He respects him, but DS even said himself "I will kill all you the same batman, Bruce or Bat". Just because DS was in the middle of an assassination doesn't justify anything.

Tell me, would you say the same for batman if he turned around and picked up his grapple gun after dropping it in a CQC with DS? No. You'd just say "BATMAN LOST! Not DS's fault batman was distracted". So, same with DS. He could have beaten batman then took the shot. But, it's not batman's fault DS decided to finish.

DrMirakuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander505 said:

The story about the scars is just an excuse. Just think if Batman lose performance every time he gets injured, would be absurd. The same thing should be happen to characters like him.

That's how the human body works though. Bones and such can only be broken so many times before you start suffering issues, and as you age old injuries can continue to pain you for years afterwards. I think its silly to think that Bruce wouldn't have been slowed down by some of those things. In the average story however it wouldn't matter, because this is a comic book and Batman will go on forever. With the Dionesium however, this is a rare opportunity where it can be taken into account. Just like Joker was able to regrow his face from it, any scarring Bruce had should logically be completely gone.

I don't even see how Dionesium would've done any more than that when all it did was heal Joker, and he had access to it for months.

good point

Butros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butros: Nope. DS only put batman down once in 1 fight and spared him once in one fight. We have scans for that. Slade only made batman fall in that one other scan, doesn't automatically mean "Oh den DS wuld have beet batman den kill him".

DS never released batman's identity because he doesn't care. Yeah, he know sit. But he's not the blackmailing type. He just respects batman. And you're wrong. DS does have quarrel with batman. He respects him, but DS even said himself "I will kill all you the same batman, Bruce or Bat". Just because DS was in the middle of an assassination doesn't justify anything.

Tell me, would you say the same for batman if he turned around and picked up his grapple gun after dropping it in a CQC with DS? No. You'd just say "BATMAN LOST! Not DS's fault batman was distracted". So, same with DS. He could have beaten batman then took the shot. But, it's not batman's fault DS decided to finish.

In both their encounter DS did put down Batman,at that point he could have easily killed him.

1)In the first encounter DS get hurt by a sneak attack from Batman...after having spared his life.It's really here that Batman hurt him in the arm. Here the scan you forgot to put.

No Caption Provided

2)In the other fight,Batman had to sneak attack DS after having his life spared,and even after ko him down with a rifle(why didnt he use his punches instead),DS was able to get free...and could have killed Batman while the latter was using the rifle.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butros: Go back to my Wolverine v Batman fight. Read the argument I had against Gifted, it addresses this stuff already.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
    deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is the funniest thread I have ever seen.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batfan345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman wins dionesium batman is too op
    he has a healing factor and superspeed and strength
    regular batman draw

ps4gamerdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade is enhanced, and Bruce is peak human.

If Bruce can drop his pride and biological amp himself, the playing field would be even. And maybe he could go a few more decades without having to worry about age slowing him down or retiring.

Too stiff-necked to want to preserve his prime.

Batfan345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dionesium batman>regular deadthstroke>regular batman>equal stats deathstroke

linhlh1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can not

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.