Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23668 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The unrealistic things about The Dark Knight movies

• 150 results
    modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By modernww2fare  Online

What are some of the unrealistic things about the supposedly uber-realistic Nolan Batman films? I want to hear them all

No Caption Provided

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joker bomb in the guys stomach at MCU. apparently magically knocks out everyone except the joker

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Joker's pencil trick.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 modernww2fare  Online

@xwraith said:

Joker's pencil trick.

Why?

joker bomb in the guys stomach at MCU. apparently magically knocks out everyone except the joker

That's one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

Joker's pencil trick.

Why?

I can't see how a pencil can pierce a human eye socket eraser-first.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@modernww2fare said:

@xwraith said:

Joker's pencil trick.

Why?

never heard the expression that "you'll put someones eye out"?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@xwraith said:

@modernww2fare said:

@xwraith said:

Joker's pencil trick.

Why?

Yea, I think it's unrealistic that he's strong enough to to make it stick in the table like that but not about the eye thing

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 modernww2fare  Online

How about how Bane is capable of surviving with that mask glued to his face without eating or drinking anything?! That one always bothered me.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Batman ever get shot? If not there's one.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 modernww2fare  Online

Does Batman ever get shot? If not there's one.

By Harvey Dent yeah, lol.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear said:

@xwraith said:

@modernww2fare said:

@xwraith said:

Joker's pencil trick.

Why?

Yea, I think it's unrealistic that he's strong enough to to make it stick in the table like that but not about the eye thing

that makes some sense actually but IDK because remember joker is a "knife man" so stabbing is kinda his specialty

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@cuddlebear said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@cuddlebear said:

@xwraith said:

@modernww2fare said:

@xwraith said:

Joker's pencil trick.

Why?

that makes some sense actually but IDK because remember joker is a "knife man" so stabbing is kinda his specialty

yea a knife would make sense but a pencil would just brake

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we are counting TDKR then there is always batman somehow escaping the bat before the atomic explosion, finding selina, living in Italy (I think thats where they went), and knowing the exact day and time alfred would be at the restaurant

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Atomikill_

@jayc1324 said:

If we are counting TDKR then there is always batman somehow escaping the bat before the atomic explosion, finding selina, living in Italy (I think thats where they went), and knowing the exact day and time alfred would be at the restaurant

Collegehumor did something to mock that.

Batman- "So, y'wanna go to the same italian restaurant for 3 months waiting for my butler?"

It was really funny.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By modernww2fare  Online

@jayc1324: If we are counting TDKR then there is always batman somehow escaping the bat before the atomic explosion, finding selina, living in Italy (I think thats where they went), and knowing the exact day and time alfred would be at the restaurant

Lol yeah we are counting TDKR. How about how he magically teleported back to Gotham right after escaping the prison in THE MIDDLE OF A NOWHERE

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Collegehumor did something to mock that.

Batman- "So, y'wanna go to the same italian restaurant for 3 months waiting for my butler?"

It was really funny.

Hahahaha!!

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman dives off a skyscraper, falls all the way down, and lands on a car with Rachel Dawes. No method of slowing them down is shown, no gliding or grapnel gun. Both are completely unharmed, though slightly stunned.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did Bruce get back into Gotham in TDKR?

Oh wait never mind, he's the goddamn Batman

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Bales Voice :P

The "Back Surgery" of TDKRises (Random knees to the spine fix all your problems?)

This:

No Caption Provided

All of TKDR is actually pretty unrealistic

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Bats' joints are so damaged, he can't walk without a cane. One magic knee brace later and there is no problem.

-Break your back? Well, just get some guy to punch it back into place.

-Takes Bats so long to figure out that Bane's weakness is that big gas mask he always wears on his face.

-"I don't kill" then blows up a building full of people, killing at the very least Ken Wantanabe, puts several cops in life threatening car crashes, leaves Ra'as to fall to his death, potentially causes severe (or life threatening) injuries to the SWAT team, tackles Harvey off a building and kills him, is completely fine with Selina murdering Bane with a cannon, and drives Talia off a freeway and causes her fatal injuries.

-Why the hell is Bruce in love with Rachel? We get no reason why these two people are in love other than they played together when they were kids. We don't see them having any fun times as adults, they have nothing in common, and there is barely any reciprocal affection. Bruce acts like a lost puppy while Rachel is a grade-A bitch to him for the duration.

Corrmaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if this is unrealistic but I could never understand how he gets his mask on. Its made of hardened graphite which means it'd be impposible to get over his head.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_stegman  Moderator

How Talia just kinda...stopped talking and died, eyes open.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

How did Bruce get back into Gotham in TDKR?

Oh wait never mind, he's the goddamn Batman

Steal a boat, walk on the ice back to gotham at night. I mean he fought Ra's al Ghul on ice in Begins and managed pretty well. Walking across shouldn't pose much trouble.

There are much more unrealistic things in the trilogy than that one notorious plot hole that can be pretty easily filled. Like the bomb going off that somehow killed/knocked out everyone other than the joker.

Another one that bugged me was that Batman somehow found Harvey Dent while he was interrogating that Arkham Inmate moments after Gordon's "death." There was no way he could have found him.

Batman somehow escaping the bomb in TDKR when the last moment we see him there is 10 seconds on the timer makes absolutely no sense.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SilverPool
    @jayc1324 said:

Lol, Email?

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow just showing up. How the hell does that guy get around? Did they even put him back in Arkham?

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By Pokeysteve

How he's literally sprinting away at the end of Dark Knight and then can't even walk in Rises.

Jumping out of a 4/5/6 story window and lands on a car with no lasting injuries after being SET ON FIRE.

Pretty much everything that happened in Rises.

@xwraith said:

@modernww2fare said:

@xwraith said:

Joker's pencil trick.

Why?

Eye sockets are hollow. Eye stuff makes me squeamish so I'm avoiding explaining further haha.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Anyone who doesn't think the pencil trick could work with the eraser side up should watch 28 Days Later. Maybe a certain scene at the end will change their minds.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Surprised no one has mentioned this but how about the wheel's on the bat-pod. How do the spin so smoothly without the cannons getting in the way, or even the wiring inside it twisting off? I mean it looks cool, but is impossible to spin the wheel's like they do without damaging something.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- He has "no carthilage" in his knee... which is almost impossible, considering he was at least walking with a cane. Then he puts the brace on and he can kick down walls.
    But wait. If you get your vertebrae dislodged, your knee will be healed withought need of the brace anymore.

- How nobody got out or in of gotham in Rises. Come on, that plan really sucks.

- I know the point of the plan was to destroy gotham with something Wayne enterprises built, but it seems really pointless. Seriously. Since you tricked him into financing it, the guilt is pretty relative.

- Also, every cop in gotham went down in the tunnels? Really? What kind of police department gets EVERY cop on one mission, although big it may be. And don't say "it wasn't all, but there were too few outside". Come on! It would be unrealistic to even send half!!!

- "People of gotham. I am random terrorist nobody knows and I'm going to read you this piece of paper I have in my coat. Commissioner Gordon is a liar, it says."
    "Oh yeah, I believe him, he seems trustworthy."
    That part of the movie was really stupid.

- Worst prison on the face of the Earth... no guards and a big hole on top. Where did the food come from? How was nobody able to build some kind of pole or harpoon to get out? They have a rope, pieces of metal, sheets... that was stupid.

- Bane was cool but he was basically a Bond villain. Just kill the man already, don't you think it will make him desperate to know that you are about to destroy the city? That whole "hope destroys people" speech was pityful.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 modernww2fare  Online

@jonsmith said:

Batman dives off a skyscraper, falls all the way down, and lands on a car with Rachel Dawes. No method of slowing them down is shown, no gliding or grapnel gun. Both are completely unharmed, though slightly stunned.

Yeah that always bothered me, how did Batman have his back broken by a simple knee yet he was completely unharmed from falling down at least 10 stories and smashing flat on top of a car?

@toplel said:

Gliding like he did with a cape that size.

What about it? :-p

Surprised no one has mentioned this but how about the wheel's on the bat-pod. How do the spin so smoothly without the cannons getting in the way, or even the wiring inside it twisting off? I mean it looks cool, but is impossible to spin the wheel's like they do without damaging something.

That's true!

@matteopg said:

- He has "no carthilage" in his knee... which is almost impossible, considering he was at least walking with a cane. Then he puts the brace on and he can kick down walls.

But wait. If you get your vertebrae dislodged, your knee will be healed withought need of the brace anymore.

- How nobody got out or in of gotham in Rises. Come on, that plan really sucks.

- I know the point of the plan was to destroy gotham with something Wayne enterprises built, but it seems really pointless. Seriously. Since you tricked him into financing it, the guilt is pretty relative.

- Also, every cop in gotham went down in the tunnels? Really? What kind of police department gets EVERY cop on one mission, although big it may be. And don't say "it wasn't all, but there were too few outside". Come on! It would be unrealistic to even send half!!!

- "People of gotham. I am random terrorist nobody knows and I'm going to read you this piece of paper I have in my coat. Commissioner Gordon is a liar, it says."

"Oh yeah, I believe him, he seems trustworthy."

That part of the movie was really stupid.

- Worst prison on the face of the Earth... no guards and a big hole on top. Where did the food come from? How was nobody able to build some kind of pole or harpoon to get out? They have a rope, pieces of metal, sheets... that was stupid.

- Bane was cool but he was basically a Bond villain. Just kill the man already, don't you think it will make him desperate to know that you are about to destroy the city? That whole "hope destroys people" speech was pityful.

Yeah I think we can all agree that TDKR as a whole is unrealistic lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: maybe the cannons move further apart when that happens. As for the wires.... No idea

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 modernww2fare  Online

How Talia just kinda...stopped talking and died, eyes open.

God that part just makes me facepalm every time

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jayc1324: Ever since TDK I've tried to work it in my head, but I cant.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By PunyParker

How Bruce and Ra's didnt die in the explosion-fall-collision on the ground,in the first movie.......or at least brake some bones....

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By modernww2fare  Online

How Bruce and Ra's didnt die in the explosion-fall-collision on the ground,in the first movie.......or at least brake some bones....

in the mountains right?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:

in the mountains right?

Yup.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His back problem in Rises being magically fixed by a strong hit, and him being forced to stand? Come on now, dude should've had all kinds of problems, not the least of which would be an infection. That's the biggest one that's always bugged me.

There's also the infamous no cartilage and the magic knee brace, which he later apparently doesn't need at all when he's in the prison and making huge leaps, and then walking through a desert in the middle of nowhere and somehow finding civilization ,and making his way back to Gotham with no money whatsoever, even though the city's locked down so no one can get in or out save the military who were captured. But he's Batman, without money or gadgets, so its fine.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

God I hate it when people sayy Dark Knight Trilogy is realist filmmaking. It is NOT film realisim. Chris Nolan is not a film realist. He is a methodical explainer of rules, and explaining how things function in order to explain the world and than bend the rules in interesting ways.

Batman is not realistic. The first film had NINJAS in it (and a McGuffin device) for crying out loud.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By modernww2fare  Online

One more thing, this scene:

Loading Video...

How did Batman not get broken bones from that fall, yet a cheap knee to the back paralyzes him?

Kumquatodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: With the "I don't kill" thing:

If you notice, he just throws the tinder. He had no way of knowing that it would set off gunpowder.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

That Harvey Survived with that facial injury without bandages, medical help, anti bacteria stuff, or Pain Killers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistic Bat-films would be boring.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 modernww2fare  Online

@farkam said:

Yet the Nolan trilogy constantly gets praised for said realism

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kumquatodor: So he didn't know throwing a white-hot piece of metal on gunpowder would cause it to blow up? Isn't Batman supposed to be a supergenius?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Yet the Nolan trilogy constantly gets praised for said realism

I think most people were just surprised that they weren't like all of the other Batman films that came before them; corny, cheesy and slightly kiddie. In comparison to those films, Batman is hella realistic lol.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By modernww2fare  Online
    @jonsmith said:

I'm still wondering about that Lol. Can someone explain to me HOW they survived that fall?!

Loading Video...

From 3:30 to 3:46

Kumquatodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: He didn't know it that there was gunpowder at all; he tossed it into another floor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.