Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23825 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

The unrealistic things about The Dark Knight movies

• 150 results
    sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Magic knee-brace.

No charges of grand larceny made by Bruce after he was robbed blind...and the fact that he was robbed was allowed to stand.

Getting back to Gotham with no money from the middle of nowhere.

Sending every GCPD member down into the sewer to take on...one man.

In the football scene, the player was completely oblivious to the fact that the field collapsed behind him until he looked...what is this? Wile E Coyote?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Wolfrazer

Batman surviving a broken back and having no permanent damage to his body afterwards...at all.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

The whole closing chapter of the trilogy was half-hearted BS. It felt to me like Nolan just didn't care anymore.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#104 frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

The whole closing chapter of the trilogy was half-hearted BS. It felt to me like Nolan just didn't care anymore.

I just can't agree with this. I felt that Nolan really did care, and the ending fit well.

The entire trilogy was unrealistic, even the second one.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@erik said:

I just can't agree with this. I felt that Nolan really did care, and the ending fit well.

I don't care about realism in a comic book movie. But there were so many plot holes and eyebrow-raisers in TDKR, it was almost like Joel Schumacher was directing.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@ganon15: It was a stunt fall so he is always perfectly safe. But if it were real yes he should've been hurt in some way.

so then you agree that that scene was unrealistic in that he and Rachael were completely unharmed after that fall

Just because he didn't say ouch that hurt, doesn't mean he wasn't in pain after it.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By righteous300

@erik said:

@frozen said:

@erik said:

I don't care about realism in a comic book movie. But there were so many plot holes and eyebrow-raisers in TDKR, it was almost like Joel Schumacher was directing.

What plotholes?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@frozen said:

@erik said:

What plotholes?

Did you not read any of this thread before asking that question?

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@mrtummytumms said:

@erik said:

@frozen said:

@erik said:

What plotholes?

Did you not read any of this thread before asking that question?

I did, but most of the comments in this thread were answered in the movie. I was just thinking that maybe you had come up with something different.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did, but most of the comments in this thread were answered in the movie. I was just thinking that maybe you had come up with something different.

How does hanging a man by the shoulders repair a spinal injury? It doesn't and even if it did, he would need years of rehabilitation and would never again gain full functional use, much less jump out of a nigh-impossible-to-escape pit.

Also, how the hell did he get from one side of the world to the other in the span of a day with literally nothing but the ratty clothes on his back?

A knee-brace doesn't increase kicking power, even if it was magical enough to reverse the effects of osteoarthritis.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By righteous300

@erik said:

@mrtummytumms said:

How does hanging a man by the shoulders repair a spinal injury? It doesn't and even if it did, he would need years of rehabilitation and would never again gain full functional use, much less jump out of a nigh-impossible-to-escape pit.

Also, how the hell did he get from one side of the world to the other in the span of a day with literally nothing but the ratty clothes on his back?

A knee-brace doesn't increase kicking power, even if it was magical enough to reverse the effects of osteoarthritis.

Did they say exactly how severe his back injury was in the movie? I've seen some really serious back injuries playing football and they made it back ready for next season with some rehab. Also he did much more than just hang by his shoulders to get better. Second, he's Bruce Wayne. Do you really think it he doesn't have connections. It wouldn't be hard for him to find a way of transportation. The whole knee brace bit didn't magically make it stronger. Kind of like how a football player wears a brace for their knee after they've had an injury the same for him except his cost a lot more and is much more effective.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Erik

@erik said:

@mrtummytumms said:

Did they say exactly how severe his back injury was in the movie? I've seen some really serious back injuries playing football and they made it back ready for next season with some rehab. Also he did much more than just hang by his shoulders to get better. Second, he's Bruce Wayne. Do you really think it he doesn't have connections. It wouldn't be hard for him to find a way of transportation. The whole knee brace bit didn't magically make it stronger. Kind of like how a football player wears a brace for their knee after they've had an injury the same for him except his cost a lot more and is much more effective.

If you saw a player get a back injury and they were ready by next season, it wasn't a serious injury. And we aren't talking about an entire year of rehab here anyway, we are talking about an extremely compressed time frame.

They did more, but not much more. Regardless, it wasn't enough to satisfy this future doctor.

Connections only get you so far when you are anywhere from a 12-16 hour flight in the best conditions... and AT the airport to begin with.

So you're telling me that Bruce was able to destroy a pillar with a kick from a leg that hadn't seen any kind of noteworthy use for 8 years? And it wasn't because the brace gave him kicking power? I'm going to say no on that one.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@mrtummytumms said:

@erik said:

@mrtummytumms said:

If you saw a player get a back injury and they were ready by next season, it wasn't a serious injury. And we aren't talking about an entire year of rehab here anyway, we are talking about an extremely compressed time frame.

They did more, but not much more. Regardless, it wasn't enough to satisfy this future doctor.

Connections only get you so far when you are anywhere from a 12-16 hour flight in the best conditions... and AT the airport to begin with.

So you're telling me that Bruce was able to destroy a pillar with a kick from a leg that hadn't seen any kind of noteworthy use for 8 years? And it wasn't because the brace gave him kicking power? I'm going to say no on that one.

Athletes have to do that kind of stuff all the time. Where in the movie did they say he landed at an airport? I'm pretty sure Bruce has some sense to not come in and let everyone know he was landing back into Gotham. You don't know what he was doing between that long period of time.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Athletes have to do that kind of stuff all the time. Where in the movie did they say he landed at an airport? I'm pretty sure Bruce has some sense to not come in and let everyone know he was landing back into Gotham. You don't know what he was doing between that long period of time.

What athlete had his back broken but was back by game time next season?

I never said they said he landed in an airport. I said that would be the only way he would have any hope of getting back to Gotham in a day... he was not that lucky.

What long period of time?

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen two athletes at my high school go through it. One in football and the other doing something non-sports related. I'm pretty sure he could have found another place besides an airport to land in Gotham. Between the second and third movie.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen two athletes at my high school go through it. One in football and the other doing something non-sports related. I'm pretty sure he could have found another place besides an airport to land in Gotham. Between the second and third movie.

Really? A broken back? I'm sorry but I need some kind of supporting evidence for that claim.

I don't know why you keep thinking I said he needed to land in an airport. I said starting at one was the only way for him to get back to the other side of the world in time. He didn't start at one but even if he did, he couldn't make it back to Gotham in time. Stateside maybe, but I doubt Gotham and I highly doubt he could do it with no money or identification.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly have no way of proving it to you. I now understand what you mean about the airport bit, you're wording was kind of weird on the first post. Anyways, like I said before connections. Just because Nolan didn't hold our hands through the entire movie doesn't mean there isn't a possible way for it to have happened.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

@frozen said:

@erik said:

I respect your opinion but disagree, Shucmacher killed Batman. Literally. Nolan brought him back to popularity, and there weren't that many plot-holes.

Regarding the getting back to Gotham feat, that was easy. We see that Wayne Corp is around the world in Begins, and we saw that the government agents got back in too (there were loopholes in getting inside), he was a member of the LOS too. I've addressed this particular one before, but there were many ways he could have got back. The whole back feat is more far-fetched though.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@erik said:

@mrtummytumms said:

It took him 3 weeks actually,the medical inconsistencies I can understand,those and Talia were my biggest issues with this movie,but they aren't plot holes.In TDK he and Rachel fell from the pent house,no armor would have allowed Batman to survive such a fall,the entire trilogy is filled with such things.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Erik

@frozen said:

I respect your opinion but disagree, Shucmacher killed Batman. Literally. Nolan brought him back to popularity, and there weren't that many plot-holes.

Regarding the getting back to Gotham feat, that was easy. We see that Wayne Corp is around the world in Begins, and we saw that the government agents got back in too (there were loopholes in getting inside), he was a member of the LOS too. I've addressed this particular one before, but there were many ways he could have got back. The whole back feat is more far-fetched though.

Sorry but even the man that owns nearly everything in the world isn't going to travel halfway around the world in less than a day when he has no money or identification to prove he is who he claims to be. Furthermore, being Bruce Wayne of Wayne Enterprises means jack in the middle of the desert. I don't care that he got back, just the time that he did it in.

Also, even if the chief of police was completely retarded and ordered all his men into one ominous tunnel, no police force would be so idiotic to put all their eggs in one basket.

Someone mentioned this earlier but yeah, the football player that didn't notice an entire stadium crumbling under his feet is also quite silly.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It took him 3 weeks actually,the medical inconsistencies I can understand,those and Talia were my biggest issues with this movie,but they aren't plot holes.In TDK he and Rachel fell from the pent house,no armor would have allowed Batman to survive such a fall,the entire trilogy is filled with such things.

Don't you dare try to understand me.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

@frozen said:

Sorry but even the man that owns nearly everything in the world isn't going to travel halfway around the world in less than a day when he has no money or identification to prove he is who he claims to be. Furthermore, being Bruce Wayne of Wayne Enterprises means jack in the middle of the desert. I don't care that he got back, just the time that he did it in.

Also, even if the chief of police was completely retarded and ordered all his men into one ominous tunnel, no police force would be so idiotic to put all their eggs in one basket.

Someone mentioned this earlier but yeah, the football player that didn't notice an entire stadium crumbling under his feet is also quite silly.

Was it ever actually specified that it was less than a day?

He didn't necessarily need money or identification, there isn't exactly an 'official' way of getting back. He could have taken a boat back. We shouldn't assume that Bruce is going to go the airport, go back to Gotham and that's it. Airlines would probably have Gotham off-limits.

It wasn't the middle of the desert, there was a nearby town (or it might have been specified city).

Gordon sending police down was understandable to some extent, he panicked. It wasn't a plot-hole, but it was pretty retarded.

The football player's natural instinct is to keep running and not look back. If he looked back earlier then he could have fell in, he only looked back when it stopped.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 frozen  Moderator

@entropy_aegis: But did he notice the stadium? We're talking about the one that keeps running and only looks back when it stops right? To me, that seemed his instinct helped him. If he had looked back when the stadium was crumbling, he would have died.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

He didn't necessarily need money or identification, there isn't exactly an 'official' way of getting back. He could have taken a boat back. We shouldn't assume that Bruce is going to go the airport, go back to Gotham and that's it. Airlines would probably have Gotham off-limits.

It wasn't the middle of the desert, there was a nearby town (or it might have been specified city).

Gordon sending police down was understandable to some extent, he panicked. It wasn't a plot-hole, but it was pretty retarded.

The football player's natural instinct is to keep running and not look back. If he looked back earlier then he could have fell in, he only looked back when it stopped.

• You know, I honestly can't remember. I haven't seen it since it hit theaters. But IIRC Bane planned to blow up Gotham a day from when Bruce escaped.
    • There isn't an official way of getting back but there are fast and slow ways. Starting out in the middle of nowhere and having to walk to the nearest town at the very least is enough to take him beyond his allotted time.
    • Boats are significantly slower than commercial aircraft. I don't see a boat crossing an ocean faster than a commercial aircraft could.
    • That city, assuming it had an airport, was still several hours away at a run. Hours are things Bruce couldn't afford to lose.
    • No one would follow that retarded move. It's a plot hole to assume every police officer in Gotham has a child-like mentality to blindly follow whatever orders are given.
    • That's an odd justification. He wasn't aware of it at all, which is literally impossible.
    Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well tbh, if Bane really did break Batman's back, he wouldn't get better in a prison, he'd be done for, for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc95e8faaad6
    deactivated-5cc95e8faaad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want to read a really well written critical analysis on the film you need to check this dudes film essay. The essay is like 9000 words long so it's not for the faint of heart, but he creates really valid arguments. The link is here, and here is a little snippet about the forced Catwoman relationship.

"But in Rises, we’re given an ending to the Batman story: he fakes his own death and begins a new life with Selina Kyle, whose record has been expunged. Since she hasn’t appeared in the two previous films, one would think it important to characterize their relationship, since it winds up being Bruce’s destiny.

We don’t get that in Rises. The two have no chemistry. They pale in comparison between Michael Keaton and Michelle Pheiffer, who played Catwoman in 1992’s Batman Returns.

As a matter of fact, the two barely get any time together. She steals from Bruce Wayne. They briefly run into each other at a party, which unfavorably recalls a similar scene in Batman Returns. Catwoman then betrays Batman, leading to his destruction. When Batman returns, he says (in costume) that he believes in her despite her betrayal. But there’s no hint of romance between them. Then, in predictable but huge cliché, she decides not to abandon Gotham and rescues Batman at just the right moment. She follows this with a clichéd quip, but there’s no fireworks-stirring kiss. Instead, they split up to save Gotham… and the next we see them, they’re together in Italy.

Bruce doesn’t have to give up being Batman for love. But the woman with whom he starts a new life should feel like more than just an accessory.

In fact, this is kind of the entire point of the Italy sequences. Remember, during Bruce’s training period, Alfred hoped to see Bruce with a woman and kids. Presumably, he also wanted Bruce tolove that woman and those children. That’s the point, after all: for Bruce to find happiness in a normal life.

Only he hasn’t. We see more of him mourning Rachel than falling in love with Selina. We’re left toguess that Bruce has moved on from Rachel’s death. We’re not shown it. We’re not shown anything, really, except that he’s with Selina Kyle, who feels less like a love interest and more like the girl who was in the right place at the right time. Hell, he had to go to Italy with someone, right? Might as well be the only woman in his final adventure."

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

@frozen said:

• You know, I honestly can't remember. I haven't seen it since it hit theaters. But IIRC Bane planned to blow up Gotham a day from when Bruce escaped.
    • There isn't an official way of getting back but there are fast and slow ways. Starting out in the middle of nowhere and having to walk to the nearest town at the very least is enough to take him beyond his allotted time.
    • Boats are significantly slower than commercial aircraft. I don't see a boat crossing an ocean faster than a commercial aircraft could.
    • That city, assuming it had an airport, was still several hours away at a run. Hours are things Bruce couldn't afford to lose.
    • No one would follow that retarded move. It's a plot hole to assume every police officer in Gotham has a child-like mentality to blindly follow whatever orders are given.
    • That's an odd justification. He wasn't aware of it at all, which is literally impossible.
    • I re-watched it. Before Bruce escapes, all Bane does is give release the prisoners at black-gate, give a speech and puts a bomb into the truck, nothing to say Bruce actually gets back in a day or that Bane plans to blow Gotham up the next day
    • But his allotted time wasn't under a day. There is nothing to suggest that. By the time Bruce got back, Bane already had prisoners at black-gate allocated to different roles, before Bruce escaped he didn't. The nearby town was not far. You can actually see glimpses of it in the flashbacks, it may not even be a town, but perhaps a city.
    • Boats are slower, but they still get the job done. Considering that it is possible that airports to Gotham were closed, he'd have no choice for a boat
    • In the viral marketing for TDKR, Wayne Manor is actually loacted on the outskirts of Gotham and not under Bane's martial law.
    • How would Bruce re-open a airport? Gotham was under terrorist control, airlines would most likely not be flying there, especially post 9/11
    • Given the fact that Gordon exists in a world with ninja's taking over cities, threatening to destroy them, etc, it is not impossible for a man to do such a thing, especially considering the fact that he was desperately trying to stop any terrorist uprising and had not been in such threat for 8 years. Only from our point of view was it retarded
    • Are you referring to the one who is running on the trailer? If so, it's not an odd justification. He turns around when the crumbling stops, which implies he could have known something was happening but did not turn around, he just kept running.
    frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 frozen  Moderator

I have rewatched the football stadium scene. He stops running as soon as the crumbling stops.

Loading Video...

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

1. I never said Bruce had to fly directly to Gotham city... though taking several different methods of transport would add time.
    2. Okay I'll have to watch it again to pinpoint if there was a limited timeframe.
    3. No I don't see it that way with the football scene. The football player seemed blissfully unaware of what was happening, which is silly.
    frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

@frozen:

1. I never said Bruce had to fly directly to Gotham city... though taking several different methods of transport would add time.
    2. Okay I'll have to watch it again to pinpoint if there was a limited timeframe.
    3. No I don't see it that way with the football scene. The football player seemed blissfully unaware of what was happening, which is silly.
    • It would add time but he had no choice
    • Okay
    • I don't see how he was blissfully unaware, all he did was run and turn around when it stopped crumbling. Had he turned around, he would have died. The way the trailer presented it speaks differently however
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: How would he know he would have died if he stopped? He never even saw what was happening. He just kept driving that ball down the field with his eye on the prize.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

@frozen: How would he know he would have died if he stopped? He never even saw what was happening. He just kept driving that ball down the field with his eye on the prize.

Because he could hear the explosion? All he did was run and stop when it stopped crumbling, which looks like basic instinct.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@erik said:

Because he could hear the explosion? All he did was run and stop when it stopped crumbling, which looks like basic instinct.

He stopped only when he reached the endzone. If he was truly afraid of the explosions, the touchdown would have been the last thing on his mind and he would have run out of the stadium.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@erik said:

@frozen said:

@erik said:

He stopped only when he reached the endzone. If he was truly afraid of the explosions, the touchdown would have been the last thing on his mind and he would have run out of the stadium.

The endzone is when the crumbling (and therefore noise) stopped. He was running forward, he couldn't afford to run left or right. The touchdown was not on his mind, he simply looks back when it stops. How could he run out of the stadium? Nobody ran out of the stadium. That is the last shot we actually see of him.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker burning a huge pile of Money. Which assumably means he has no use for it.

But how does he pay his Henchman? Do they work for him for free?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By modernww2fare

If you want to read a really well written critical analysis on the film you need to check this dudes film essay. The essay is like 9000 words long so it's not for the faint of heart, but he creates really valid arguments. The link is here, and here is a little snippet about the forced Catwoman relationship.

"But in Rises, we’re given an ending to the Batman story: he fakes his own death and begins a new life with Selina Kyle, whose record has been expunged. Since she hasn’t appeared in the two previous films, one would think it important to characterize their relationship, since it winds up being Bruce’s destiny.

We don’t get that in Rises. The two have no chemistry. They pale in comparison between Michael Keaton and Michelle Pheiffer, who played Catwoman in 1992’s Batman Returns.

As a matter of fact, the two barely get any time together. She steals from Bruce Wayne. They briefly run into each other at a party, which unfavorably recalls a similar scene in Batman Returns. Catwoman then betrays Batman, leading to his destruction. When Batman returns, he says (in costume) that he believes in her despite her betrayal. But there’s no hint of romance between them. Then, in predictable but huge cliché, she decides not to abandon Gotham and rescues Batman at just the right moment. She follows this with a clichéd quip, but there’s no fireworks-stirring kiss. Instead, they split up to save Gotham… and the next we see them, they’re together in Italy.

Bruce doesn’t have to give up being Batman for love. But the woman with whom he starts a new life should feel like more than just an accessory.

In fact, this is kind of the entire point of the Italy sequences. Remember, during Bruce’s training period, Alfred hoped to see Bruce with a woman and kids. Presumably, he also wanted Bruce tolove that woman and those children. That’s the point, after all: for Bruce to find happiness in a normal life.

Only he hasn’t. We see more of him mourning Rachel than falling in love with Selina. We’re left toguess that Bruce has moved on from Rachel’s death. We’re not shown it. We’re not shown anything, really, except that he’s with Selina Kyle, who feels less like a love interest and more like the girl who was in the right place at the right time. Hell, he had to go to Italy with someone, right? Might as well be the only woman in his final adventure."

I read the whole thing, good article

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@lewismcgregor said:

I read the whole thing, good article

The idiot who wrote that clearly overlooked the fact that Bruce and Selina did not marry or become committed,that's the only way his criticism holds up. They met,they related with each other,saved the city and decided to leave their old lives behind.The movie wasn't Batman/Catwoman,it was the Dark Knight RISES.

And Burtons's Catwoman? PUHLEASE,it was entertaining for sure but that's not Catwoman.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: how'd they relate with each other? she kept backstabbing him only until the ending when she killed Bane

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ganon15

@jayc1324: A few more things - Batman became a cripple after falling no more than 2 stories at the end of TDK yet he was completely fine after falling at least 20+ stories when he went to save Rachael earlier? (even though we argued about this already). That's stupid!

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: He used his cape to slow his fall from the skyscraper and he landed on a car which is much softer and more receptive of his body than the concrete. He didn't have those advantags when he fell after tackling dent.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@ganon15: He used his cape to slow his fall from the skyscraper and he landed on a car which is much softer and more receptive of his body than the concrete. He didn't have those advantags when he fell after tackling dent.

he still had his cape, didn't he? In real life we both know he would've been dead from the first fall if not barely able to function afterwards had he survived.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By frozen  Moderator
    modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@modernww2fare: Burton's Catwoman was garbage.

the nine lives was pretty dumb , at least she looked like Catwoman though

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight Rises is just a silly film in general. People call "Man of Steel" a bad film all the time and no one bats an eye, but when people talk about TDKR? Genius. Epic. A masterpiece. how in the World is it any of those things? Nolan messed up Bane, he messed up Talia, he made a film that was riddled with gaping plot holes (which are all documented here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2tE-BCwZtw) and above everything else, he made a movie that just wasn't that entertaining. I think he tried too hard with the third film and the pressure of making a sequel to "The Dark Knight" is really what killed it. Hell, they even used the same title because they wanted to bank off the success of The Dark Knight.

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Robin. And by that, I mean that it's difficult to imagine that in all the time he was and wasn't Batman, nobody rose to assist or replace him when he left.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about his machine gun fire dodging in TDKR? His forced relationship with Catwoman? His horribly boring and pointless relationship with Rachel? His knee somehow being so severely injured between TDK and TDKR that he needs to use a cane even though we know that he stopped being Batman for 8 years at the end of the second movie....and he was fine then? I might be mistaken on this....but didn't "Robin" deduce his identity as Batman? "Robin" becoming "Batman" in the epilogue. The infamous skyscraper fall?

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

How about his machine gun fire dodging in TDKR? His forced relationship with Catwoman? His horribly boring and pointless relationship with Rachel? His knee somehow being so severely injured between TDK and TDKR that he needs to use a cane even though we know that he stopped being Batman for 8 years at the end of the second movie....and he was fine then? I might be mistaken on this....but didn't "Robin" deduce his identity as Batman? "Robin" becoming "Batman" in the epilogue. The infamous skyscraper fall?

Ah yes^ One more thing, jayc1324, he opens it just before they land, not enough time for it to slow them. Secondly, a glider is not a parachute. When Batman opens his cape air moves across the wing and generates lift. When a skydiver opens their parachute it creates drag that slows their fall. Fourthly, when the cape opens the wings are pulled upward by the wind. Think back to when you were a kid. You grab the big umbrella and jump off something high. For a second you hang in the air, then the umbrella inverts and you plummet because it is no longer generating drag

Darryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do u even care

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.