Follow

Dragon Ball Universe

Concept » Dragon Ball Universe appears in 185 issues.

The shared universe between some of the works of Akira Toriyama such as Dragonball, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Dr Slump, Neko Majin, and other one shot mangas.

DBS Manga vs Anime

• 73 results
    alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@johncena69swag:

Hit sucked in the manga. There's no doubt about that

I disagree. He wasn't as cool as he was in the anime, but that is mostly because they didn't have time to develop him. I don't really like how strong they made him in the anime either. I wish Goku only went kaioken x2. With x10 he should of knocked Hit's head off.

He didn't have the same characterization that the anime gave him and I know Goku seems dumber in the anime, but fighting-wise he is as much a genius as ever.

Ya I agree, but that is mostly time restraints with the manga. And Goku being dumb in the anime is really annoying. He is acting more childlike than ever.

In the manga he was stupid and used ssg (which is supposed to need five other saiyans) instead of using ssb when he clearly figured out that more power was the only way around Hit.

Actually SSG was strong enough to beat Hit. Vegeta was only at 1/10th strength when he lost to hit and it was confirmed SSG Goku was above Hit and he was winning. But then Hit brought out his true power that he can only use for one minute, and that's when Goku had to go SSB and he did and he was almost tricked Hit with it.

At least in the anime he had a good reason for not jumping straight into kaioken. The whole fight was also choreographed beautifully in the anime.

Ya it was one of the best anime fights so far, but that's just for Super. It still pales in comparison to the epic fights of Z and the BoG and RoF.

The black arc really isn't even arguable.

That's because you are comparing a finished product with a non finished product.

The anime did a fantastic job.

At creating plot holes and time paradoxes.

The only complaints I see are that "Goku is stupid" and "OMG P0w3r L3v3lzz". Goku is stupid yeah, but that's the only legitimate complaint against the sea of praise the anime deserves.

My biggest complain is the terrible ending, second would be the blatant plot hole, the third would be power levels, and the fourth would be going back and forth in time 3 times.

Anyway, I think the manga did a terrible job with Black.

I disagree. First off I love his art in the manga.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The anime had episodes and episodes of mystery with trying to figure out everything about him, but the longer it took the stronger he would become. His presence was truly ominous and he actually felt like a villain. In the manga his identity was almost immediately revealed to be Zamasu.

Ya this was kind of a letdown, but that was again mostly due to time restraints and dragon ball has never really been a mystery manga and everyone already knew his identity from the anime.

The manga didn't even have a good reason for Zamasu to want to switch bodies with Goku. He saw him on godtube?

That fixed the plot hole of the anime so that's a good thing.

Ok he saw him losing to another mortal and he also saw what looks like Monaka defeating that other mortal in one blow. Goku was far from the most impressive mortal on godtube.

In the manga Goku was clearly stronger than Hit, and maybe Zamasu saw past Monaka's facade. Goku was the strongest mortal in the manga.

There's also the fact that anime is intrinsically a more immersive medium for storytelling than a manga is. The manga doesn't have the same amazing voice acting from Zamasu and black, nor does it have scores like the black goku theme.

I agree with this. And that's why animes are usually better if done right, however Super was not done right. BoG and RoF the movies were done right and they were superior to the manga and Super versions. If Toei decided to do a seasonal thing with Super, or at the very least spend time on their episodes and not rush it, I have no doubt it would of been better.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Jgames

The tournament arc in the manga was meh, but to be fair the anime one was also, all we remembered was the Hit fight. The Black arc while overall great, could have been done better. I have some issue with the manga in the Black arc, but there other things I do like better. The manga is trying to make sense and explain things, unlike the anime. I just wish that Super would not be rushed, as Toei can't keep the consistent writing.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If given better pacing,the manga would be superior to the anime in every regard.

Psy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me the manga is better.

After reading the latest chapter so far the DB Super manga beats the anime again. Aside from good, rapid pace and fantastic art, I much prefer the way the transformations and battles have been handled. Wish those teams worked together to produce better quality episodes.

• Trunks is courageous and does his best yet he doesn't just randomly power up. Great thing.
    • SSB actually looks like a next-tier transformation and a force to be reckoned with instead of an SSJ palette swap transformation as somebody has already mentioned. SSG is also a pleasure to witness every now and then too.
    • The manga writers know what a zenkai is and applies it superbly to Goku Black. His ever increasing strength makes sense.
    • There is an actual difference shown between the powers of a divine being like a kai like Zamasu and spiritual ki powers when he takes Goku's body. They both have a reason to exist and their symbiosis is superbly sensible whenever they cover/heal each other because each has something the other lacks.
    • Mafuba incident handled in smarter way despite the end result.
    • I think the kaioken will feature in the manga but the manga writers seem to understand that now is not the time. It's like the anime guys don't actually understand how kaioken works and the colossal difference at colossal expense it's supposed to bring. There is a very good reason it stopped being used.

There are so many reasons it just feels better. This is not to say the anime is bad but it just feels like people going through the motions. The manga gives me the feels of the original and also of higher quality and effort.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Seems the manga is getting worse and worse every chapter.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Gaoron

^

This, i thought manga is gonna be better than stupid Goku and coming back to future 3 or 4 times but first they ruined Black character and now main character of the arc (Trunks) took the role of Kurilin and Vegeta keeps up with Black and learn SSG from ass. Eh, hope Toyotaro atleast make Vegetto and Zamasu ending scene better.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cedd66cf0a6
    deactivated-60cedd66cf0a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@gaoron: yep anime is better.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprohero: ToP is pretty wack but what it has to do with Black arc that was way better in anime?

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
    deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eh, I still like the manga more but no one cares :(

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That necro! Time for the other side!

No Caption Provided

ArtThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The manga is better.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still prefer the manga. The tournament arc has been incredibly dull so far.

Thanosfan500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The manga the recent Vegeta Vs beerus fight made it even better

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
    PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manga is still way better... I just watch the anime so I will know what will happen next, if Toyotaro released the manga in a weekly basis I would not waste my time with the anime.

Trndo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol do you honestly believe that?

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Trndo said:
    @thedarkpaladin said:

Why else would I say it?

Trndo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Trndo said:
    @thedarkpaladin said:

Why else would I say it?

Because you hate DBS

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Trndo said:
    @thedarkpaladin said:
    @Trndo said:
    @thedarkpaladin said:

Why else would I say it?

Because you hate DBS

You're entitled to your opinion and salt. :)

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Trndo said:

The Universal tournament arc is a complete snore fest.

Trndo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:
    @Trndo said:

The Universal tournament arc is a complete snore fest.

How?

Trndo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Trndo said:
    @thedarkpaladin said:
    @Trndo said:
    @thedarkpaladin said:

Why else would I say it?

Because you hate DBS

You're entitled to your opinion and salt. :)

I guess lol

Avatar image for masterbuster666
    MasterBuster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atp, I'm not sure.

JermaineKoloch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JermaineKoloch

Anime is better at this point

I'm tired of the manga not showing feats, its getting ridiculous. And the saiyans not being able to breathe is space has robbed us of amazing space fights. At least the anime had some resistance feats and statements. And the Granola arc was complete trash

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.