Has Carol's energy durability/resistance surpassed Thor's?

• 95 results
TheReddevils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Has Carol's energy durability/resistance surpassed Thor's? (67 votes)

By faaaar, she dwarfs him in all stats 49%
Just slightly 15%
Hell nah, stop joking 31%
she's way too op rn ngl 4%

Post-marvels Carol vs Full force nidavellir star beam

Could she withstand it longer than Thor?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
calclord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_normal said:

@rajjarsalt:

Raj for starters if Thor took the full force of a star the star would be drained in its entirety. If anyone tanked the full force of a star it would be Carol since she was in the middle of what essentially was the rebirth process of a star.

You are referring to Thor taking the Luninosity of a Netron Star that is factually a weaker feat than tanking the Luminosity of a Yellow Star.

Says who? DCEU fans? This is so unoriginal it might be the poster child for recycling. Goofy a$$ false dichotomy between 100% drain of all star energy vs just the light shining from the star. Even if taken seriously, the evidence quantifying Nidavellir's star's luminosity is too much. The Sun's luminosity is closer to that of a candle than it is to Nidavellir's, which would count high among the X-Ray bursters and the gamma ray bursts, too.

My calculation of the feat uses the star's "full force" as the maximum force it could exert on a given object, with supports coming from Marvel's Science Advisor, lore, and on-screen character statements. So Thor's full force is quite literally force, a force so large it can be measured in solar masses, and boy oh boy it's impressive, it far outstrips whatever the hell this is.

The new argument however is that nuclear fusion happened inside Nidavellir's star, and no one has the power to gainsay it, as the evidence is based on molecular content that reflects certain fusion reactions.

Is your calculation the one in the other thread where Thor moved the rings?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

Carol is obviously superior just from that feat alone.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Marvels made no sense, one minute Carol is struggling against Dar-Benn (a random Kree accuser) and the next she is reigniting a sun.....the director clearly had no idea about power levels and how to deal with a character as powerful as Carol.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calclord said:
@rajjarsalt said:
@j_normal said:

@rajjarsalt:

Raj for starters if Thor took the full force of a star the star would be drained in its entirety. If anyone tanked the full force of a star it would be Carol since she was in the middle of what essentially was the rebirth process of a star.

You are referring to Thor taking the Luninosity of a Netron Star that is factually a weaker feat than tanking the Luminosity of a Yellow Star.

Says who? DCEU fans? This is so unoriginal it might be the poster child for recycling. Goofy a$$ false dichotomy between 100% drain of all star energy vs just the light shining from the star. Even if taken seriously, the evidence quantifying Nidavellir's star's luminosity is too much. The Sun's luminosity is closer to that of a candle than it is to Nidavellir's, which would count high among the X-Ray bursters and the gamma ray bursts, too.

My calculation of the feat uses the star's "full force" as the maximum force it could exert on a given object, with supports coming from Marvel's Science Advisor, lore, and on-screen character statements. So Thor's full force is quite literally force, a force so large it can be measured in solar masses, and boy oh boy it's impressive, it far outstrips whatever the hell this is.

The new argument however is that nuclear fusion happened inside Nidavellir's star, and no one has the power to gainsay it, as the evidence is based on molecular content that reflects certain fusion reactions.

Is your calculation the one in the other thread where Thor moved the rings?

Nah it's this one. Only calc that solves for actual force etc

Thor takes the full force of a star to create Stormbreaker CALC - Gen. Discussion - Comic Vine (gamespot.com)

Admittedly expressing the result in solar masses rather than tons was bait but I think it underscores the great forces of a neutron star in comparison to the Sun.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 death4bunnies  Moderator

The Marvels made no sense, one minute Carol is struggling against Dar-Benn (a random Kree accuser) and the next she is reigniting a sun.....the director clearly had no idea about power levels and how to deal with a character as powerful as Carol.

It’s almost as if it wasn’t a random accuser but one with a bangle they found in the very beginning of the movie.

Its also almost as if everytime they fought the accuser absorbs CM power.

It’s almost as if they had a whole scene talking about the accuser absorbing CMs power.

ParkerKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Dar-Ben was siphoning Earth's sun for Hala's sun, we have no reason to believe Hala's sun is any more powerful than Earth's sun. So here's science, with sources, addressing Eitri's statement that Thor took "the full force of a star":

The average neutron star has a surface temperature 182 TIMES - 364 TIMES as strong as our sun.

Neutron star surface temperature: 1 Million to 2 Million degrees Celsius

https://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/space-science/neutron-star

https://chandra.harvard.edu/resources/faq/sources/snr/snr-39.html#:~:text=A%20neutron%20star%20is%20born,the%20Sun%20is%205800%20K).

Sun surface temperature: 5,500 degrees Celsius

https://www.space.com/17137-how-hot-is-the-sun.html

1 Million / 5,500 = 182

2 Million / 5,500 = 364

The average neutron star has gravity 35 BILLION TIMES - 3.5 TRILLION TIMES as strong as our sun.

Neutron star gravity: 1 TRILLION TO 100 TRILLION TIMES as strong as Earth

https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/definition-what-is-a-neutron-star/

https://www.nasa.gov/missions/nustar/nasa-study-helps-explain-limit-breaking-ultra-luminous-x-ray-sources/#:~:text=This%20incredible%20density%20also%20creates,gravitational%20pull%20on%20Earth's%20surface.

Sun gravity: 28 TIMES as strong as Earth

https://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/sunfact.html

1 Trillion / 28 = 35 Billion

100 Trillion / 28 = 3.5 Trillion

So Thor took heat AT LEAST 182 times our sun and gravity AT LEAST 35 billion times our sun. That is indeed "the full force of a star." GAME OVER.

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BigBaby

The number of threads featuring a comparison between Carol and "some other persons" feat is insane, lol.

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What wistful calc

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What wistful calc

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bigbaby said:

The number of threads featuring a comparison between Carol and "some other persons" feat is insane, lol.

What's really insane is the amount of hoops people are jumping through to try and prove that Thor is superior to Captain Marvel. All because her movie just came out and she got an amazing feat, so the Thor fanboys feel threatened.

The cope is real.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By J_Normal

@thor-parker:

Dar-Ben was using the Bengal to drain Carol’s energy

Also by Nature and the conditions of this film her feats are inconsistent. Her strength, Dura, and output seem to cary depending on how much she charges herself. In this film she couldn’t exert a certain level of power without switching Places with the other 2

CAV_Tighten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way people are arguing over a 5-year-old feat. By this point, most opinions are probably settled. OT I think Carol dwarfs Thor in durability by a significant margin atm not just in energy durability but really in all types of durability.

ParkerKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm leaving Comic Vine again for a while. With Loki now by far the most powerful hero in the MCU, I've lost a lot of interest in discussing lesser characters. Besides, I like Carol and respect that in some ways she is more powerful than Thor even though in some ways Thor is more powerful than Carol. And, to be honest, arguing with people who get emotional, distort the truth, fail to provide objective sources, and/or act in bad faith, is tiresome.

CosDaSchitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By CosDaSchitt
@parkerkent said:

I'm leaving Comic Vine again for a while. With Loki now by far the most powerful hero in the MCU, I've lost a lot of interest in discussing lesser characters. Besides, I like Carol and respect that in some ways she is more powerful than Thor even though in some ways Thor is more powerful than Carol. And, to be honest, arguing with people who get emotional, distort the truth, fail to provide objective sources, and/or act in bad faith, is tiresome.

😂😂😂😂😂

Thor bros have really gone off the deep end atp

Good riddance ig

CAV_Tighten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg you are so right bestie lets leave together this time 🫂

ParkerKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ParkerKent

Took a day off and now I'm back to destroy the naysayers. Here are FIVE different non-battle forum sources that all agree Thor REIGNITED the neutron star:

MCU Wiki:

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Nidavellir

No Caption Provided

IGN (2018 article):

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/02/infinity-war-the-story-behind-thors-new-weapon-stormbreaker

No Caption Provided

​​

Pop Sugar (2018 article):

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/who-does-peter-dinklage-play-avengers-infinity-war-44785997

No Caption Provided

Collider (2022 article):

https://collider.com/thor-recap-ragnarok-to-love-and-thunder/

No Caption Provided

CBR.com (2022 article):

​https://www.cbr.com/mcu-rocket-raccoon-biggest-greatest-accomplishments-best-things/

No Caption Provided

LIVE IN HEADCANON ALL YOU WANT. THOR REIGNITED THE NEUTRON STAR.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cope is strong with this one

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan: who do you lean? Based on the on screen feat, seems Carol has it.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just came back from the movie

Carol was really casual about her feat. The only thing damage was her suit (obviously), but other than that she was fine.

I would wait for Thor 5 to start getting traction. That's probably going to get Thir back into his infinity war self

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Carol lol. Anyone that says otherwise either 1) downplays Carol, 2) wanks Thor, or 3) both.

On one hand, we have Thor practically dead after taking the full force of a dying star while reigniting it with the help of a mechanism. On the other hand, we have Carol reigniting a dying star and no-selling being within it while doing so.

No amount of "but Thor already reignited it and was taking the full force the entire time" or "but it was a neutron star" will change that.

It's funny to me that the Thor fanboys are so upset about Carol getting a better feat that they are finding reasons to rehash the same feat from IW... FIVE years ago.

jimohkolawol10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cope is getting more stronger

ParkerKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@heatforce said:

Obviously Carol lol. Anyone that says otherwise either 1) downplays Carol, 2) wanks Thor, or 3) both.

On one hand, we have Thor practically dead after taking the full force of a dying star while reigniting it with the help of a mechanism. On the other hand, we have Carol reigniting a dying star and no-selling being within it while doing so.

No amount of "but Thor already reignited it and was taking the full force the entire time" or "but it was a neutron star" will change that.

It's funny to me that the Thor fanboys are so upset about Carol getting a better feat that they are finding reasons to rehash the same feat from IW... FIVE years ago.

Same movie, Thor has a feat that far surpasses anything "star level." Impaling Full-IG supercharged Thanos. Official MCU Timeline Book confirmed. "As Thanos SURGES with power from the completed Infinity Gauntlet, Thor strikes him in the chest with Stormbreaker"

I like Carol, but she has no feat on par with this.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/new-official-mcu-timeline-book-confirms-thor-is-un-2322648/

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg he must be trolling

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol's feat is much better. Thor nearly died doing his. Let's not lie to ourselves here people.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:

Carol's feat is much better. Thor nearly died doing his. Let's not lie to ourselves here people.

but but but it was a NEUTRON star and that means its better!

/s

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do Thor fans understand how many sources from different writers they are using to challenge a direct onscreen feat?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@j_normal said:

@thor-parker:

Dar-Ben was using the Bengal to drain Carol’s energy

Also by Nature and the conditions of this film her feats are inconsistent. Her strength, Dura, and output seem to cary depending on how much she charges herself. In this film she couldn’t exert a certain level of power without switching Places with the other 2

@thor-parker said:

It’s almost as if it wasn’t a random accuser but one with a bangle they found in the very beginning of the movie.

Its also almost as if everytime they fought the accuser absorbs CM power.

It’s almost as if they had a whole scene talking about the accuser absorbing CMs power.

Yeah they tried to explain with some very weak and not well employed excuses why Carol didn't just demolish Dar-Benn.

One was the switching places which was dumb af, even Kamala in the movie said if they just stopped using their powers, Carol could handle this by herself.....then why tf didn't they just stopped using them and let Carol destroy Dar-Benn in 2 seconds ? I was really frustrated at this obvious choice for dealing with her.

The second was the bangle, which absorbed Carol's power but only when an attack was directed at the bangle, and somehow every energy blast that Carol shot was exactly at the bangle, not at the other 90% of body available to attack. And even in parts when Dar-Benn stil hadn't absorbed Carol's power she was outright trading blows and physically overpowering Carol. This movie was all over the place with the power scaling.

I am not even debating the topic of this thread, Carol's feat is obviously better and based on high ends Carol is much more durable than Thor, I mean, I don't think there was any room for debate when Thanos knocked out Thor with a single headbutt and 2 minutes later Carol didn't even flinch from another Thanos headbutt. I am just merely pointing out how this movie had no idea how to handle Carol's power in battle.

Avatar image for galacticstarsee
Galacticstarsee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor-parker: @geekryan: she took time and had trouble with random kree soilders and no charging up shit either, I can make the same excuse for thor.

Couldn't defeat a random accuser while thor defeated kohnsu's superior Zeus and gorr

Gorr moved the shadow realm to the centre of the universe as confirmed by the audio commentary.

Kohnsu's moved the moon and thousands if stars.

Neutron stars are much better than that miniature star Carol reignites, people coping over carols miniature star feat and complaining thor fans are coping and are dude bros are the chuds themselves.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atmosheric pressure of a star, even the core, is not that great last I check. Anyone have the actual science link to how many earth gs a sun core has?

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By rajjarsalt
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Atmosheric pressure of a star, even the core, is not that great last I check. Anyone have the actual science link to how many earth gs a sun core has?

Sun Fact Sheet (nasa.gov) says pressure though is 2.477 x 10^11 bar, or like 2 and a half trillion tons per square meter.

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SixPathsOfCapra

Carol is a bit above in terms of stats. Thor isn't far off either. Pre- SB Thor also survived a 'full force' of a star even though barely.It was not just a beam, it was concentrated energy/force of a star. He also reignited a neutron star.

Carol will dominate him in cqc due to better durability. However prime Thor has higher AP with stormbreaker.

ParkerKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor 1 shows base level Thor cause and tank Bifrost explosion. Movie shows the Bifrost causing a physical storm on Earth while the energy beam from Asgard hits Jotunheim. Asgard, the Bifrost beam, and Jotunheim are all light years from Earth. So the Bifrost is NOT creating a wormhole on Earth. That storm on Earth is sheer physical effect byproduct of the Bifrost, from LIGHT YEARS AWAY. As soon as the Bifrost stops, the storm on Earth begins to fade. Only known things in real world science capable of causing physical effects from light years away are supernovas and supernova-induced gamma ray bursts, which require the explosions of stars no smaller than FIVE TIMES THE SUN.

https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/supernova/en/

https://www.nasa.gov/image-article/new-stellar-danger-to-planets-identified-by-nasas-chandra/

https://www.nasa.gov/universe/nasa-missions-study-what-may-be-a-1-in-10000-year-gamma-ray-burst/

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

ShockMcuWaxIf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol revived a sun.

Sh1n0b1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her stats always surpassed star-wank thor. She also didn't get beat up by Ultron or thanos (Yes thor progressed since IW, Carol was still better at that time)

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She now has a feat of reigniting a star and that puts her above Thor

H47492934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It always was beyond it

Silencemood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sh1n0b1 said:

Her stats always surpassed star-wank thor. She also didn't get beat up by Ultron or thanos (Yes thor progressed since IW, Carol was still better at that time)

She now has a feat of reigniting a star and that puts her above Thor

Carol revived a sun.

H47492934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heat definitely. Old neutron stars aren’t that hot.

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@money_brings_happiness said:

There's no way people are arguing over a 5-year-old feat. By this point, most opinions are probably settled. OT I think Carol dwarfs Thor in durability by a significant margin atm not just in energy durability but really in all types of durability.

MaderFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbaby said:

Avatar image for darkphantom9895
darkphantom9895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By darkphantom9895

I never understand why people take feats from weaker thor then say those are his limits for current Thor like Thor power is consistently changing through films since ragnarock

But whether people like it or not current L&T Thor is stated numerous times to be stronger then carol

Konohana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously.

Avatar image for lightyagamigod2
lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never understand why people take feats from weaker thor then say those are his limits for current Thor like Thor power is consistently changing through films since ragnarock

But whether people like it or not current L&T Thor is stated numerous times to be stronger then carol

Avatar image for returnkaboom232
returnkaboom232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn’t this the whole point of her powers

XD_ist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If she had to hold a small moon like Thor did, I'm sure she would struggle

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bigbaby said: