Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tektonic

Marvel Animation's X-Men'97

Storm and Wolverine try to continue the X-Men. Magneto comes in and wants to step up for Charles Xavier. Sinister comes in to try to end the X-Men once and for all.
Storm and Wolverine try to continue the X-Men. Magneto comes in and wants to step up for Charles Xavier. Sinister comes in to try to end the X-Men once and for all.

New Preview:

Small Recap of Original Series:

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have not checked it out yet will when I get off work but I herd nothing but good things about it

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show in one episode made Cyclops more badass than the entire original series lol

Some cool feats for Storm and Magneto too.

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoughts (With Spoilers do not read if you do not want to see)

-They give Cyclops respect!! He is a total BA!

-Storm has best voice & when "Omega threat detected" came and she kill all the sentinels was amazing

-Jean is Pregnant? & Wolverine still have the crush on her?

-Roberto I hope we see alot more!

Episode 2

-Magento look kinda funny to me. Granny Goodness like

-Jean & Storm sister moment I love

-I do not want Storm to lose her powers=(

-Why can Magento & Rogue touch? She needs to be with Gambit!

-Why 2 Jeans? Is this the Madelyne?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was pleasantly surprised with the first two episodes!

I have some issues (Rogue's voice actor is atrocious IMO), but overall, it was great. I'm not a huge fan of the animation style though.

Storm's "Omega threat detected" moment in the first episode was very cool.

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

scarlet_death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 scarlet_death  Moderator

Feige better be taking notes on making Scott at least half as cool as he is in this series for the MCU.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By geekryan
@samgee said:

@geekryan: Rogue is the same voice as the original one (The X-Men Animated Series) Lenore Zann

I know, I just meant the sound is totally different. It doesn't even sound like the same voice.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KillianDuclark  Online

As someone who barely remembers the 90's show and thus has no great emotional bias/attachment to it, I must same I'm incredibly impressed.

Only two episodes in and it far exceeds my admittedly quite low expectations and overall shows great promise. Even the things that would have been corny and stupid in lesser handled marvel products like Storms' overly poetic weather pun filled monologues were played with so much sincerity and charisma it ended up being actually really cool.

Overall would say it's a solid 9/10. If it keeps it up, it could easily end up being one of best thing's the MCU has produced in a very long time.

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:
@samgee said:

@geekryan: Rogue is the same voice as the original one (The X-Men Animated Series) Lenore Zann

I know, I just meant the sound is totally different. It doesn't even sound like the same voice.

Mayhaps she want to make her sound older. I do not know

ParkerKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ParkerKent

Storm turning sand to glass. Magneto's speech to those bigots. Rogue's ... actions. Show is fire.

"GIVE 'EM THE FORECAST."

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoughts from the first two episodes:

• Storm dog walked the Sentinels
  • Cyclops showing versatility and ingenuity with such a limited ability is a great update
  • Magneto figuratively and literally carried that second episode
  • As usual Jean is at the centre of the drama lol, pregnancy, romance, double's, you name it
  • Interested where they are taking this powerless Storm storyline
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

I am someone who legit grew up with these Xmen, and im loving this.

Only through first episode, and I’m amazed. They recaptured the magic. I love the team dynamic, this is what I came for,

The slight redesigns don’t bother me, and their

use of powers is awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-65ffa05299db8
deactivated-65ffa05299db8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m still confused, in krakoa did Wolverine have a relationship with cyclops and jean? I thought Cyclops and Wolverine were both straight. Can anyone let me know? Because the series is portraying them as if they are just allies

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Straight-Fire

Probably gonna wait till all the episodes are out before I watch it. I'm glad X-Men '97 is getting a positive reception though!

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who can't rewatch the 90s show, this was pretty good and i enjoyed it a lot

How many episodes are in this season?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who can't rewatch the 90s show, this was pretty good and i enjoyed it a lot

How many episodes are in this season?

10 episodes

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I wonder if this the parallel From X2

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I liked it...and that's saying something, because I hate everything.

Although, I feel like it should be called "X-Men 87" considering the stories and looks they are adapting, but, again, the X-men basically live and die by the Claremont era and everything since that era has been sort of meh.

And I feel like there was a lot of retcons, though Basically 90% of X-men lore is retconned anyways, so I guess it's fitting.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First 2 episodes were amazing, off to a good start for sure.

Xogenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First 2 eps have been great, and the story/dialogue is everything i want from an Xmen project. I only have 2 complaints.

My 1st complaint is that the character art-style designs, while reminiscent of the original series, have a certain weird quality to it. It's lost the old charm of the original art imo. Especially with some of the characters' faces like Roberto and Magneto. In fact Magneto looked way better in the original. Someone here says he looked like granny goodness and i agree.

2nd complaint is Rogueneto. EWWWW!!! Bad idea in comics, VERY BAD idea here.

Avatar image for lightyagamigod2
lightyagamigod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops & Magneto carried

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Episode3

-Jean & Madelyne ate this episode

-They really trying to make Rogueneto a thing??

-I wonder how the Forge will help Storm

samgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it....its a great cartoon, ok X-Men..... pacing is terribly rushed.....but overall it's good.

I am concerned that it seems to be made by a contingent of the "only good X-Men is Claremont" crowd, but even thats a major improvement to the 90s love fest we thought we were going to get.

Love the Cyclops respect, love the power flexes overall to be honest and Magnetos "please don't make me let you down" speech is probably one of the best and most Magneto moments in any media outside of 616 comics.

Still gonna be interesting considering some of the statements by the ppl behind the creative this season (as well as statements by people involved in the next phase of X-Men comics) to see what they'll be embracing beyond the classic 80s stories for inspiration.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3rd episode's psychic fight was one of the best portrayal of psychic powers in movies or tv shows ever.

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samgee: I'll watch it wen it's completely out. If it's better than the 90's one then that'll make me so happy because the 90's one is very good.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Saw it....its a great cartoon, ok X-Men..... pacing is terribly rushed.....but overall it's good.

I am concerned that it seems to be made by a contingent of the "only good X-Men is Claremont" crowd, but even thats a major improvement to the 90s love fest we thought we were going to get.

Love the Cyclops respect, love the power flexes overall to be honest and Magnetos "please don't make me let you down" speech is probably one of the best and most Magneto moments in any media outside of 616 comics.

Still gonna be interesting considering some of the statements by the ppl behind the creative this season (as well as statements by people involved in the next phase of X-Men comics) to see what they'll be embracing beyond the classic 80s stories for inspiration.

Agreed with this.

Given the bad attitudes the Fox movies gave the general audiences, it this is giving people new and old a love for the X-Men, then I see only a net plus.

The portrayal of Jean Grey is already a massive improvement over the original.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Yea, that's kind of how I view it.

It's like a pallette cleanse for X-Men fans who haven't been exposed to them since the FOX movies and the original cartoon. (Which ironically was original ruined by the interpretations the original cartoon presented)

It's why I can appreciate hitting the formative pillars of Storm, Cyclops, Jean and Magnetos characters from the 80s comics even if I want to see some of the great character defining moments they got in 2000s and beyond.....its giving us a foundation that's truer to who the characters were so everyone starts with the closest thing to a pure interpretation of the comics before they expand upon it.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@pyrofn: Yea, that's kind of how I view it.

It's like a pallette cleanse for X-Men fans who haven't been exposed to them since the FOX movies and the original cartoon. (Which ironically was original ruined by the interpretations the original cartoon presented)

It's why I can appreciate hitting the formative pillars of Storm, Cyclops, Jean and Magnetos characters from the 80s comics even if I want to see some of the great character defining moments they got in 2000s and beyond.....its giving us a foundation that's truer to who the characters were so everyone starts with the closest thing to a pure interpretation of the comics before they expand upon it.

Exactly. Emma would make things perfect for me, but I understand the choices and it at least makes the lore easier to digest for fans. Even if it is not 1-to-1.

Maybe fan animations will be inspired on X-Men with their relevance again.

Xogenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Xogenesis

After my positive review of episodes 1 & 2, i'm disappointed to say that i hated episode 3. I really didn't like the whole switcheroo jean nonsense, and how she isn't as much madelyne pryor as she is ben reilly (really don't like the whole 'clone with exact memories' thing going on). At least it was cleared up just 3 episodes into it, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth.

ParkerKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really went for the melodrama this episode. Because Scott should be on the verge of a breakdown, given what just happened to him and his baby. Plus, it looks like Morph is in love with Wolverine? Mr. Sinister felt very comic book accurate in personality, voice, even powers. Also, glad they introduced Forge quickly. Can’t wait to see how his relationship develops with Storm. Jean the faint queen!

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

After only 2 episodes….Scott and Magneto are back on fraudwatch😭💀

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the episode was a bit rushed, cramming way too much into a single episode. The entire Madelyn/Goblin Queen/Jean reveal is introduced and wrapped up at lightspeed. There needed to be some breathing space.

That said I enjoyed the psychic battles and the animation involving them.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After my positive review of episodes 1 & 2, i'm disappointed to say that i hated episode 3. I really didn't like the whole switcheroo jean nonsense, and how she isn't as much madelyne pryor as she is ben reilly (really don't like the whole 'clone with exact memories' thing going on). At least it was cleared up just 3 episodes into it, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth.

Sounds more like an issue with you hating the concept, which stems from the comics, rather than what the show did. I don’t blame you. A lot just never liked that story to begin with either.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nassergrant19: What are you talking about?

Probably Scott walking out at the end and Magneto spending an exorbitant amount of time with Rogue.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@parkerkent: ”Plus, it looks like Morph is in love with Wolverine?

I do sense some coding, honestly. The first producer, Beau De Mayo, is a massive Jott stan. No Logan or Emma, which could explain the attempt at trying to solidify their dynamic in the show.

That is probably the one thing I am hoping the new producer lightens on. Not because I hate Scott and Jean together. I actually love them together. But I am a bigger fan of him with Emma. Or the poly that destroyed the triangle, though honestly, I think the cartoon handled the triangle way better than the comics, which is wild to think about.

Xogenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:
@xogenesis said:

Sounds more like an issue with you hating the concept, which stems from the comics, rather than what the show did. I don’t blame you. A lot just never liked that story to begin with either.

Yeah i never was fond of that arc even in the comics, but i feel like i would have liked the show more if they adapted madelyne as her own "person" like in the comics as opposed to how she's just a jean with jean's memories, posing as jean, in the show. That's some ben reilly bs, whereas i found the thing with cyclops falling in love with a different woman with her own backstory named madelyne pryor in the comics more palatable, even if i never liked it to begin with. The episode itself was also extremely rushed but at least they got that out of the way quickly.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cattlebattle

I agree with people that story felt rushed and the episode was meh. You would think that the "2 Jeans" thing would have developed throughout the season and culminated later and not just completely play out within one episode.

Also, I feel like they are doing things just because they happened in the comics even if it's nonsensical in the continuity of the show. What I mean is that during the "Inferno" story Madelyne makes a bargain with actual demons and has some sort of mystical powers and then calls herself the Goblin Queen. In the show she just starts calling herself the Goblin Queen and has a demon/Limbo gimmick for no reason. The horror related stuff was nice though.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nassergrant19
@shepard-croft said:

@nassergrant19: What are you talking about?

Magneto: “Magnetism help me! This is Base Jean glass shards we‘re up against!”

Scott: *After being blinded by love* What does he even do?

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's outrageous that they had Maddie beat Magneto. Feminism has gone too far.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PyroFN

Honestly, probably the weakest episode, so far, but it is a fun one. Jubilee was always a hard sell for me personally, but there was nothing inherently wrong with her. Her older self was pretty cool.

Storm’s episode was…..eh. The reveal of Forge could have held off until a little later. The admission of love was super rushed and so out of the blue.

7/10 If this is the standard for a weak episode of the series, then I am totally in.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

Honestly, probably the weakest episode, so far, but it is a fun one. Jubilee was always a hard sell for me personally, but there was nothing inherently wrong with her. Her older self was pretty cool.

Storm’s episode was…..eh. The reveal of Forge could have held off until a little later. The admission of love was super rushed and so out of the blue.

7/10 If this is the standard for a weak episode of the series, then I am totally in.

I wonder what Scott is doing right now. Bro is potential man at this point. His power goes crazy on episode 1, feeds families with that performance and then he just ghosts his agenda for the rest of the season?

Is he just looking up at the sky like Vegeta right now? Lol.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@pyrofn said:

Pretty much this

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This episode seemed a bit out of place but at least Jubilee is more likesble and interesting character for me