Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17262 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Comics Discussion

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#6501  Edited By PunyParker

I just saw this

What the hell is wrong wit this guy?......

@amazingspiderman15 said:

why doesn't peter just use the internet to find out what happened while he was gone in the world of spider-man?

Holy sh!t.....

@_nexus_ said:

@animehunter: Really its that bad. :P Damn I'm not a fan of the new costume it really isn't that good.

I don't mind the suit,i mind the mentallity.

--------------------------------

Loading Video...

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

So what's the weird thing that happens in this issue that will be explored in issue 2?

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@humanrocket:

you can see black cat in the shadows plotting against Peter. oh, yes and some "little" thing to happen.

emphasis on little

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket:

you can see black cat in the shadows plotting against Peter. oh, yes and some "little" thing to happen.

Well,there's a whole story dedicated to her sitting there.....

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6505  Edited By HumanRocket

@angelalfonso said:

@humanrocket:

Well I was kinda expecting Spock to make an appearance but yah I did see Black Cat and the second spider bite but neither of those seem weird or strange to me like how the solstices said.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6506  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker said:

@angelalfonso said:

@humanrocket:

Well I was kinda expecting Spock to make an appearance but yah I did see Black Cat and the second spider bite but neither of those seem weird or strange to me like how the solstices said.

Weird,no......but i am not pleased by Felicia's role in this,being a hardcore Feefee fan......they're makin her a full on Spidey villianess.....

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6507  Edited By _Nexus_

@punyparker: Can't Peter just say he is sorry to her :P

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_: It's spiderman...nothing is ever easy in his life.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6509  Edited By PunyParker

@_nexus_ said:

@punyparker: Can't Peter just say he is sorry to her :P

Yeah! :P
    They've been friends like forever,and she always has a crush on him (yes,i said always....i mean,always....at any given time/situation)
    He told MJ "Ock was in me "(that sounds dirty) and she said "Okay." and we're done!!!......why not Licia?! :)

@_nexus_: It's spiderman...nothing is ever easy in his life.

Although MJ believed him without a second thought,and he has 0 money problems since Big Time.....

I was wrong on my predictions that Parker Ind. will be destroyed after Goblin Nation,so the "loaded" part remains.....

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6510  Edited By _Nexus_

@punyparker: Yeah but MJ was a bitch about it, "Okay but I don't want to be apart of your life anymore because I'm dating a tool." Everyone expects that he being controlled is a plausible theory and are cool with it even the Avengers, so why not her? I do kinda wish that Superior ended with Peter being mad at everyone for not trying to stop Ock and restore him when they had a chance.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6511  Edited By PunyParker
    animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6512  Edited By animehunter

Preview: MILES MORALES: THE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1 - OUT May 7th, 2014

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVE MARQUEZ (A/C)

Variant Cover by FIONA STAPLES

Variant Cover by Brandon Peterson

PART ONE OF THE BIGGEST SPIDER-MAN STORY OF THE YEAR “REVIVAL”!

• MILES is back in action with a new status quo and a new outlook on life!
    • A BIG BIG BIG villain from PETER PARKER’s past is alive and well and about to turn New York upside down!
    • The last page will have ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN fans SCREAMING!
    • This issue can’t be missed!

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/471/original/MMULTSM2014001_DC21_00001.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/472/original/MMULTSM2014001_DC31_00001.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/473/original/MMULTSM2014001_int2_00001.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/474/original/MMULTSM2014001_int2_00002.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/475/original/MMULTSM2014001_int2_00003.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/476/original/MMULTSM2014001_int2_00004.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/477/original/MMULTSM2014001_int2_00005.jpg

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Shazam87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liked ASM #1...I skipped Superior for the most part, (let's say from #9..) just googled the plot till Pete's return, I'm really not disappointed...now that Pete's back I'm enjoying the comic better. That being said...I really didn't understand what happened with electro at the prison, why did he blame Spider-man for the destruction of the prison?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6515  Edited By PunyParker

@animehunter said:

Preview: MILES MORALES: THE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1 - OUT May 7th, 2014

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVE MARQUEZ (A/C)

Variant Cover by FIONA STAPLES

Variant Cover by Brandon Peterson

PART ONE OF THE BIGGEST SPIDER-MAN STORY OF THE YEAR “REVIVAL”!

• MILES is back in action with a new status quo and a new outlook on life!
    • A BIG BIG BIG villain from PETER PARKER’s past is alive and well and about to turn New York upside down!
    • The last page will have ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN fans SCREAMING!
    • This issue can’t be missed!

---

---

---

---

---

---

That is awesome......and not because of Norman Osborn.......(well,okay,partially because of Norman Osborn,but it's trully great)

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam87: he is referring to the "Power to the People" 3 part arc in asm 612-614. Specifically in #613 where spidey interrupts the tinkerer and electro during their experiment to stabilize electro's powers.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

@punyparker: Yeah but MJ was a bitch about it, "Okay but I don't want to be apart of your life anymore because I'm dating a tool." Everyone expects that he being controlled is a plausible theory and are cool with it even the Avengers, so why not her? I do kinda wish that Superior ended with Peter being mad at everyone for not trying to stop Ock and restore him when they had a chance.

in all fairness she is a target lol, one day its going to be a choice between "her" and the rest of the city and she will die. After what happened to Gwen im surprised she stuck it out this long the majority of his Gf's have been targets. she just got fed up, i doubt her tool bf had anything to do with it lol

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6518  Edited By _Nexus_

@punyparker: If drugged, sedated, bound, held prisoner in probably a high risk high security top secret prison Norman Osborn is constantly saying You are all going Burn....Why do you turn him over to a federal guy in a suit and glasses? O_O

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know that this is off-topic but they were funny and I didn't know where else to post them

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6520  Edited By PunyParker

@_nexus_ said:

@punyparker: If drugged, sedated, bound, held prisoner in probably a high risk high security top secret prison Norman Osborn is constantly saying You are all going Burn....Why do you turn him over to a federal guy in a suit and glasses? O_O

You doubt that, that guy,along with that prick who punched him. will be dead ,in at least 2 issues?... :P

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

..At long last I got my hands of ASM Issue 1..my first purchase of a current monthly Spiderman comic for 30 years..(yes you did read that right, 30 years---long story,)..enjoyed it, funny characterisation in there but too many stories and confused at what was going on half the time as they packed so much into that issue...but its great to be back reading Spiderman again...great for a fun and not so serious character amongst all the dark, gritty and serious characters out there!!

Shazam87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: GWEN's 'Back' in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1.1 - OUT May 7th, 2014

DAN SLOTT (W) • RAMoN PERéZ (A)

COVER by Alex Ross

Sketch variant by Alex Ross

Variant by John Romita Jr.

YEAR ONE: LEARNING TO CRAWL!

• He sought revenge... and found responsibility. From that night on, a new life began.
    • Join Peter Parker as he takes his first steps towards finding his way in the world as Spider-Man.
    • The chapter you never knew about the story you know by heart.
    • Dan Slott (SPIDER-MAN/HUMAN TORCH) and Ramón Perez (the Eisner winning TALE OF SAND & WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN) bring you a new & reverent spin on the first 60 days of Spider-Man.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/488/original/ASMLTC2014001_DC11_00001.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/490/original/ASMLTC2014001_DC51_00001.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/489/original/ASMLTC2014001_DC21_00001.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/491/original/ASMLTC2014001_DC61_00001.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/492/original/ASMLTC2014001_DC71_00001.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/494/original/ASMLTC2014001_int2_00001.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/495/original/ASMLTC2014001_int2_00002-3.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/496/original/ASMLTC2014001_int2_00004.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/127/260/original/Amazing_Spider-Man_1.1_Preview_2.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/127/261/original/Amazing_Spider-Man_1.1_Preview_3.jpg

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: 2 issues they won't make it out of that issue alive XD

Hopefully when this is all said and done we get an issue about Miles going against Fury or confronting him about the fact that the man who killed Peter Parker was left alive and has been kept under until this point SHIELD custody.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

@punyparker: 2 issues they won't make it out of that issue alive XD

Hopefully when this is all said and done we get an issue about Miles going against Fury or confronting him about the fact that the man who killed Peter Parker was left alive and has been kept under until this point SHIELD custody.

Im just happy he's alive.
    And i think we will see developments in the "Peter is alive" front.

Preview: GWEN's 'Back' in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1.1 - OUT May 7th, 2014

DAN SLOTT (W) • RAMoN PERéZ (A)

COVER by Alex Ross

Sketch variant by Alex Ross

Variant by John Romita Jr.

YEAR ONE: LEARNING TO CRAWL!

• He sought revenge... and found responsibility. From that night on, a new life began.
    • Join Peter Parker as he takes his first steps towards finding his way in the world as Spider-Man.
    • The chapter you never knew about the story you know by heart.
    • Dan Slott (SPIDER-MAN/HUMAN TORCH) and Ramón Perez (the Eisner winning TALE OF SAND & WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN) bring you a new & reverent spin on the first 60 days of Spider-Man.

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

---

I like it....
    I dont like Campbell's cover thoough,but Art and writing wise it's good....

Of cource it's good!.....Slott writes 60s style,and this takes place then!! :)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR by Steve Sunu Staff Writer/Reviews Editor

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/features/spidermandate-nick-lowe-webswings-with-amazing-spiderman.jpg

Welcome to SPIDER-MANDATE, the newest CBR Q&A column where fans submit their Spider-Man questions to Marvel's oracle of all things Spidey: Senior Editor Nick Lowe. An alum of the X-Office, Nick recently made the move and became the editor in charge of the Spider-Office, helping to usher Peter Parker back into the land of the living -- and a new ongoing series.

"Amazing Spider-Man" #1 by Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos and a laundry list of other top shelf creators, launched this week to a lot of fanfare. The issue answered questions , set up a great many plot points, and left plenty of other questions unanswered.

RELATED: Lowe Swings into a New "Amazing" Era of "Spider-Man"

In the debut installment of SPIDER-MANDATE, Lowe tackles queries about Peter's romantic life, the current and future status of fan-favorite character Anna Maria, the connectivity of the Spider-titles as "Amazing" continues to take shape, and when readers can learn more about newly-created character Silk.

Steve Sunu: Nick, before we kick things off, there were many readers this week with questions about Anna Maria and her role in "Amazing Spider-Man." Hopefully, the release of "Amazing Spider-Man" #1 answered a few of those questions, but what's the extent of her involvement in the series moving forward?

Nick Lowe: She will continue to be a major character in Spider-Man's life. Peter certainly has some 'splaining to do, as you can see at the end of this first issue. She has been though a lot and she doesn't even know the half of it yet. Anna Maria is going to be a major supporting character in this book moving forward. She's a big part of issue #2, she's a big part of issue #3, and she'll continue to be a big part of the series. I don't want to give too much away, but there's some really cool things that Dan has planned for her. But the first thing that they're going to have to deal with is what happened. How much is Peter going to explain? Is he going to tell her the truth, or give her some white lie to color it in some way? What about that ring? I hope Spidey fans enjoy waiting for issue #2.

As many questions as there were about Anna Maria, there was also a lot of concern about Peter's love life, especially with Mary Jane and Carlie Cooper attempting to distance themselves from Peter at the end of "Superior Spider-Man." What's Peter's love life going to be like now that he's back with no memory of Ock's actions?

That's a great question. He's got a lot of detective work to do to figure out what happened, how much he can figure out. He's got little bits and pieces -- Doc has erased most of the things. Peter will remember a little bit, bits and pieces that you'll see -- but for the most part, it's wiped away.

ADVANCE REVIEW: Slott, Ramos & More Welcome Back "Amazing Spider-Man #1

The love life is something that Dan and I have had lots of long conversations about. It's something that is very much a high priority for us, and something to really deal with. I can't say too much without spoiling things but it's on our agenda. His first hurdle is figuring out what he's going to do about the relationship that Otto had with Anna Maria in his body and his life. That is a problem that I don't think anyone reading this has ever had to deal with! [Laughs] Have you ever woken up to find someone took over your body and built a life with someone that you have no memories of? I mean, for me there was that one time, but for the most part, this is very much a super hero problem, but there are little bits of it that we can all relate to -- having to deal with the problems of someone else, but also figuring out how to handle this crazy situation.

Kicking off reader questions is Nicolas, who wants to know if things will ever shift back to the "Big Time" status quo.

I've been a longtime Spider-Man fan since I was a child and although I loved the rough life Parker has had to lead in his personal life (Parker luck), I really enjoyed it when he finally started turning it around with becoming an Avenger and working at Horizon Labs. Since Octavius has basically destroyed Parker's life, will he ever get back to that status again?

Well, Horizon Labs as we know it is no more -- what's left of it is on that ship. While he's not going to be going back to Horizon Labs, he owns his own company. As of the end of "Superior," and for those of you that have read "Amazing" #1, Parker Industries still exists. Yes, the "P" in the logo has fallen off the wall, but it is still alive and kicking. That'll be a big part of the book moving forward.

Peter's never been anyone's boss, and that's going to be a whole new role that he's going to have to fill and to deal with the expectations people had when Otto was running the show.

You'll see a lot of Avengers stuff in issue #2. There's some great business there with the Avengers, especially with Captain America -- so I'm going to leave that as a wait-and-see kind of thing.

Next up is Tim, who wants to know about the possible introduction of some new antagonists.

Will we be seeing the introduction of any new villains in "Amazing Spider-Man?"

Not right away. The villains he's going to be facing are going to be the ones you saw in the backup stories for "Amazing Spider-Man" #1: Black Cat and Electro. They are the primary villains for this first arc of "Amazing Spider-Man."

But, there is a new character, Silk -- she was bitten by the same spider that bit Peter and thus, has her own spider-powers. What role she's going to fill is a mystery. You're going to get a taste of it almost every issue leading up to #4, where we really get to meet her during the "Original Sin" tie-in issues.

Taimur Dar is hoping for some answers to supporting cast mysteries -- including the former mayor of New York and an old friend of Peter Parker's.

- After nearly 5 years of being mayor of NYC, what's next for J. Jonah Jameson? Back to the Daily Bugle or something else entirely? And just as important, who's gonna replace JJJ as mayor?

Dan has such a genius plan for J. Jonah Jameson. You'll get a taste for it in issue #3, but he is not disappearing from the Spider-Man books. As for the mayor, I believe that Bill De Blasio will be the mayor in the Marvel Universe as well as our universe.

- Surprised there was no appearance by Harry Osborn or baby Stanley during Goblin Nation. Does Dan Slott have plans for them?

Dan Slott has plans for every character in the Marvel Universe. I think that goes without saying!

Harry was very purposefully trying to stay away from all things Goblin and just trying to raise his son as safely as he can. But Dan has plans for everybody Spider-Man has interacted with and many that he hasn't. It's just a matter of time before we cross that bridge.

Kevin is hoping for some kind of Gwen Stacy-centric story, and also has a question about fashion.

Given that Gwen Stacy plays a huge role in the rebooted Spider-Man movies, can fans expect to see any sort of Gwen-centered story (not necessarily a resurrection story)?

Gwen got a mention in the backups of "Superior Spider-Man" #31, but we aren't in any rush to do as much Gwen stuff.

One of the things that I've been working on since I've been in the Spider-Man office and reading everything from the beginning from "Amazing Fantasy" #15 on, one thing that blew me away is that Gwen Stacy hasn't shown up in the first 30 issues of "Amazing Spider-Man." I was fascinated by that. My memory of reading these, I thought for sure she was in high school. No, they didn't meet until college. The same goes for Harry Osborn and Norman Osborn.

That doesn't have anything to do with answering that question, it's just a fun fact -- you don't hear the word "Osborn" in the first 30 issues of "Amazing Spider-Man." Blew my mind.

Now that Peter is back in control, will we see him experimenting with different suits like he did at Horizon or will he stick with the blues and reds for the time being?

For the time being, he's sticking with the blues and reds. Right now, I think he's happy to be back in his own body and wants the familiar. I mean, he is Peter Parker, he is a scientific genius, and he's always going to try and use his noggin to solve things. I would be shocked if we didn't get him in a specialized suit at some point in the near future.

Lukas, a reader from Sweden, wants to know about other Spider-books that could potentially connect to "Amazing Spider-Man."

I'm wondering how important all the spider-titles will be to the main "Amazing Spider-Man" title. Will they be closely connected, or barely connected at all, or something in between? Also, how many spider-titles will there be?

"Amazing Spider-Man" is, of course, the main, core Spider-title, which includes "Learning to Crawl" -- they're issues of "Amazing Spider-Man," they're just numbered oddly. That book is hugely important in that way that only Dan Slott does nowadays or can do. Dan is going to be planting seeds in the "Learning to Crawl" origin story that are going to come back to haunt Peter in "Amazing Spider-Man."

We've got "Spider-Man 2099," which is launching in July, and is tied pretty tightly to "Amazing Spider-Man." Miguel is still in the present, he's working at Alchemax, so you're going to have stuff with Tiberius Stone, with Liz Allan, all of that stuff. Peter and Dan are working very closely with this sort of thing. If you're a big fan of "Spider-Man 2099" and the stuff in "Superior Spider-Man" with him, you're definitely going to want to pick that book up. They're going to be interacting pretty much in an ongoing fashion.

Those are really the main Spidey books. Now, that will change going forward. We've got a big thing coming up called "Spider-Verse," and most of the changes are going to revolve with that approaching. That's our big Spidey event of the year, and once we start letting you know what books we're going to do there, I think people are going to be pretty shocked and pretty surprised with what we're doing.

As of right now, though, it's those two books: "Amazing Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man 2099."

Ryan is hoping for some insight into how Peter's methods might be impacted by Otto's time as a crimefighter.

While Peter Parker and Otto Octavius are very different people and have different methods of fighting crime, it seems to me in both cases there are elements to those methods that are more effective than the other's. Will we see Peter using any of Otto's tech or enhancements from the Superior era?

That is a great question. One of the things that Dan is doing that I am really enjoying is that while Peter and Otto are both geniuses, their specialties don't always overlap. Otto had a lot of robots with the spider-leg things that would pop out with the claws. That's something that Peter has way less of an expertise with. I think initially, Peter is just going to want to go back to basics, re-become is own Spider-Man.

Re-become! I think that's a new word that I made up. It's not a very good word, but I like it.

He's going to try a back-to-basics approach in the beginning. He wants to jump back into life and embrace what it is, and I don't think he's going to get too into Otto's stuff. That's not saying other people in Spidey's life and other people in Parker Industries aren't going to be using stuff that Doc started making.

Micah is here with an artist question.

Hey Nick! Super pumped for the fresh start for Pete and the stories coming down the pipe are intriguing to say the least. I was just curious about the artist situation for the series; Ramos is great and it's been announced that the extraordinary Olivier Coipel will be doing "Spider-Verse" but will there be a rotation for the book? I'd love to see others take crack at the web-head or artists return, like Ryan Stegman!

We are so blessed with artists! "Amazing Spider-Man" #1 - 5, Humberto Ramos is drawing all those issues. Since we're doing two issues a month, there's "Amazing Spider-Man: Learning to Crawl" by Ramón Pérez who is so incredible -- Eisner Award-winner for "Tale of Sand," readers of "Wolverine and the X-Men" know his stuff very well. It's mainly Humberto and Ramón out of the gate. We are so blessed to have one of the best art teams in comics. Humberto with Victor Olazaba and Edgar Delgado are so wonderful.

Coming back with issue #6 will be Giuseppe Camuncoli, and I think he proved with "Goblin Nation" that he is one of the best Spider-Man artists ever. Having two of those on rotation is something I gratefully inherited from Steve Wacker [former Spider-Man editor]. We're not jettisoning that. We're adding Olivier to it for "Spider-Verse." He's already turning in pages and they look so good.

Finally, we have some unknown fan named Marvel Executive Editor Tom Brevoort, who asks:

Dear Nick Lowe,

Why can't you be good at your job like Stephen Wacker?

Love,

Tom B

[Laughs]

Everything that I've learned to do wrong, I've learned from Tom Brevoort!

[Laughs]

He lives well over the borderline of incompetence. He's also just a monster of a human being. The amount of small baby animals I've seen him kick is innumerable.

[Laughs] Before we wrap things up, is there something in particular in "Amazing Spider-Man" #1 that fans should especially pay attention to?

To be honest, the backup stories -- the Electro and Black Cat backup stories are stunning. I know sometimes people think backup material is throwaway, but these were written by Dan Slott with scripting help from Christos Gage. These are really laying down the tracks for both of these arcs. It's a game-changing arc for both of these villains that is going to really change the way people look at them and change the trajectory of Peter's world in such a big way. I cannot wait until people see what we do, especially with the Black Cat. She's already a character that I really love, but what we have planned for her is so cool and terrifying in a lot of ways.

Look forward to more Nick Lowe and SPIDER-MANDATE in the next few weeks -- keep an eye out for more details on the next installment, and be sure to visit the new CBR Community's SPIDER-MANDATE forum to post questions that you'd like answered!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ASM-2-14-5653f.jpgEXCLUSVE: Humberto Ramos' art from "Amazing Spider-Man" #2

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ASM-LTC-1-06-FINAL-b57a8.jpgEXCLUSVE: Ramón Perez's art from "Amazing Spider-Man" #1.1

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ASM-LTC-1-08-FINAL-ee374.jpgEXCLUSVE ART: Slott and Perez's story explores what happened between the pages of the original Spidey stories

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/imglib/0/0/1/ASM-LTC-1-10-FINAL-978d2.jpgEXCLUSVE ART: Otto Octavius' actions will continue to impact Peter's life for a long time to come

Nifyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope things work out between spidey and black cat, i don't want her to become a full spider villain =/

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nifyre said:

I hope things work out between spidey and black cat, i don't want her to become a full spider villain =/

Noone does.
    Except the writers apparently

craymond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be a thing for a while. But I doubt she'll be a villain permanently, her role in Spidey's life is as iconic as MJ's. But like MJ it will probably need to be earned. Meaning it'll take forever.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6530  Edited By Bezza

..Can someone explain to me whats with all the different stories and what is the 1.1 issue?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: Amazing Spider-Man: Who Am I? #1 - OUT May 7th, 2014

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMWAMI2014001-DC11-30ba5.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMWAMI2014001-int2-1-0004a.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMWAMI2014001-int2-2-f5250.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMWAMI2014001-int2-3-d7ba1.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMWAMI2014001-int2-4-3a0dd.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMWAMI2014001-int2-5-2b0b9.jpg

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

..Can someone explain to me whats with all the different stories and what is the 1.1 issue?

1.1 is a 5 part story about the beggining of Peter Parker as Spider-Man.
    It takes place between issues 2-5 of the original Lee/Ditko run,and it introduces to us a new villian.

---

---

---

---

---

7th?.....friday?!.....huh.

Also,hate the art.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6533  Edited By animehunter

@punyparker said:

@animehunter said:

---

---

---

---

---

May 7th is Wednesday next week

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@animehunter said:

---

---

---

---

---

May 7th is Wednesday next week

Why the hell did i think May 5th was Wednesday?.......

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6535  Edited By camstevens80

Here's a neat infographic on Spider-man's costumes from Bleeding Cool.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6536  Edited By camstevens80
    No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrollDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/marvel_graphic_novels/family_business.html

That's a pretty harsh review. While the story did feel a bit forced to me, it was an amazing read and one of the best Spidey books in recent years. Your thoughts?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://spiderfan.org/comics/reviews/marvel_graphic_novels/family_business.html

That's a pretty harsh review. While the story did feel a bit forced to me, it was an amazing read and one of the best Spidey books in recent years. Your thoughts?

Everyone here loved it,as much as i remember....i reviewed it,and gave it 5 stars.......
    Hell,the site's review had 5 stars.....

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From CBR by Steve Sunu Staff Writer/Reviews Editor

Welcome to SPIDER-MANDATE, the newest CBR Q&A column where fans submit their Spider-Man questions to Marvel's oracle of all things Spidey: Senior Editor Nick Lowe. An alum of the X-Office, Nick recently made the move and became the editor in charge of the Spider-Office, helping to usher Peter Parker back into the land of the living -- and a new ongoing series.

"Amazing Spider-Man" #1 by Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos and a laundry list of other top shelf creators, launched this week to a lot of fanfare. The issue answered questions , set up a great many plot points, and left plenty of other questions unanswered.

RELATED: Lowe Swings into a New "Amazing" Era of "Spider-Man"

In the debut installment of SPIDER-MANDATE, Lowe tackles queries about Peter's romantic life, the current and future status of fan-favorite character Anna Maria, the connectivity of the Spider-titles as "Amazing" continues to take shape, and when readers can learn more about newly-created character Silk.

Steve Sunu: Nick, before we kick things off, there were many readers this week with questions about Anna Maria and her role in "Amazing Spider-Man." Hopefully, the release of "Amazing Spider-Man" #1 answered a few of those questions, but what's the extent of her involvement in the series moving forward?

Nick Lowe: She will continue to be a major character in Spider-Man's life. Peter certainly has some 'splaining to do, as you can see at the end of this first issue. She has been though a lot and she doesn't even know the half of it yet. Anna Maria is going to be a major supporting character in this book moving forward. She's a big part of issue #2, she's a big part of issue #3, and she'll continue to be a big part of the series. I don't want to give too much away, but there's some really cool things that Dan has planned for her. But the first thing that they're going to have to deal with is what happened. How much is Peter going to explain? Is he going to tell her the truth, or give her some white lie to color it in some way? What about that ring? I hope Spidey fans enjoy waiting for issue #2.

As many questions as there were about Anna Maria, there was also a lot of concern about Peter's love life, especially with Mary Jane and Carlie Cooper attempting to distance themselves from Peter at the end of "Superior Spider-Man." What's Peter's love life going to be like now that he's back with no memory of Ock's actions?

That's a great question. He's got a lot of detective work to do to figure out what happened, how much he can figure out. He's got little bits and pieces -- Doc has erased most of the things. Peter will remember a little bit, bits and pieces that you'll see -- but for the most part, it's wiped away.

ADVANCE REVIEW: Slott, Ramos & More Welcome Back "Amazing Spider-Man #1

The love life is something that Dan and I have had lots of long conversations about. It's something that is very much a high priority for us, and something to really deal with. I can't say too much without spoiling things but it's on our agenda. His first hurdle is figuring out what he's going to do about the relationship that Otto had with Anna Maria in his body and his life. That is a problem that I don't think anyone reading this has ever had to deal with! [Laughs] Have you ever woken up to find someone took over your body and built a life with someone that you have no memories of? I mean, for me there was that one time, but for the most part, this is very much a super hero problem, but there are little bits of it that we can all relate to -- having to deal with the problems of someone else, but also figuring out how to handle this crazy situation.

Oh Gawd, don't tell me Pete's going for Ompa Lompa's in women now. Anna Marie and Peter, so do not want. Cmon, he's the guy with the hot chicks, ocks the one with the bizarre tastes, even though Anna is a cool character, she's to pure for Spider-Man and Spidey is best hooked up with contrasts to his own pure and doubting character. It be like Paring two polyannas that look like cartoon characters.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, Anna belongs with Ock. Not Pete, btw, I hope Felicia forgives Peter after the second issue.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6543  Edited By Wyldsong

I'll say this, I love Anna as a character, and I hope they keep her around. That being said, I don't want them trying to push her as Pete's love interest. She fell in love with Otto, and Otto is a completely different person and personality than Pete.

Sorry, but Pete and Mary Jane for life.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6544  Edited By silent_bomber

I don't mind Black Cat being a villain temporarily.

An arc of her kicking ass and taking names could be cool, followed by them resolving their problems and having make up sex.

LOL

Time for me to be a nerd -

What I really hope is for them to go into some detail explaining her capabilities, primarily was she still wearing Tinkerer gear to enhance her strength and agility? they haven't mentioned anything either way for years now.

I'm a little worried that they might nerf her in power levels at the moment (based on the scene in the prison), even if she has been wearing the Tinkerer suit she would have little to worry about from the other prisoners (she has 2 black belts at least + years of acrobatic training + notable strength and agility, even without Tinkerer gear), but if she did all the stuff of the last 10 years without the Tinkerer suit? she would be able to break out of that prison really, really easily. Normal humans would not be able to handle her.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: @animehunter: Did we ever learn where Sp0ck was sent during the Chronal Explosion at Horizon Labs?

Not as yet, but there's been speculation at the C2E2 that it was to 2099

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/128/338/original/spiderverseteaser.jpg?1398541476

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6547  Edited By animehunter
    Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@animehunter said:

@punyparker: @animehunter: Did we ever learn where Sp0ck was sent during the Chronal Explosion at Horizon Labs?

Not as yet, but there's been speculation at the C2E2 that it was to 2099

Huh.....never thought of it.

so isn't it possible Sp0ck might be alive in the future somehow?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.