Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8614 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Jane Thorster performs a Star level feat

• 75 results
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Lvenger

If you thought Lady Thor stalemating Odin was ridiculous wanking from Aaron, it gets better. Or worse rather. The preview for The Mighty Thor #17 shows Jane creating The Mother Storm, a storm large enough to consume a supernova star that the Shiar gods turned into a super comet.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

eh

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlueHope

Yet she get stomped by blackheart and later Vision even with the help of a dozen avengers.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
    ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no...she's called Jane FosThor!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Oh for God's sake, you people and your feats

If you don't like it, just ignore it. All your doing is giving a book you don't like free advertisement. There are so many other better ways to spend your time

No Caption Provided

Heck I've been stuck with nothing to do these past few hours (hence why I'm here) and even I feel like staring out the window is better than complaining about people complaining

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: That's your choice which you're entitled to. But there are a lot of fans who are dissatisfied with how Aaron has written Jane's character and power level. And that criticism is still valid. You complaining about people complaining is you being hypocritical. You know you could have skipped this since it's not your thing.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Oh I do usually skip these threads, it's jut that right now I really don't have anything better I could be doing.

But there are a lot of fans who are dissatisfied with how Aaron has written Jane's character and power level.

You know as well as I do he doesn't care about those types of fans, all your doing is helping to promote a book you don't like. If you really are dissatisfied and want things to change, than do the mature thing and stop making a fuss, otherwise your just making it worse for yourself. If Marvel sees people aren't invested in a book (because it's pretty clear they get a lot of mileage from fan outrage) then they need to make a change because the book isn't going anywhere, that's how most big changes in comics get started

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlueHope
    @captainmarvel4ever said:

@lvenger: Oh I do usually skip these threads, it's jut that right now I really don't have anything better I could be doing.

But there are a lot of fans who are dissatisfied with how Aaron has written Jane's character and power level.

You know as well as I do he doesn't care about those types of fans, all your doing is helping to promote a book you don't like. If you really are dissatisfied and want things to change, than do the mature thing and stop making a fuss, otherwise your just making it worse for yourself. If Marvel sees people aren't invested in a book (because it's pretty clear they get a lot of mileage from fan outrage) then they need to make a change because the book isn't going anywhere, that's how most big changes in comics get started

"Wow, Thor comics sucks"

"What?Thor comics sucks?I'm going to buy this right now!"

Ok then.

Ironically this thread is not helping the comic but you're helping to keep the thread alive by bumping it and giving more points to discuss.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Wow I never knew posting a negative thread on a comic book forum was a glowing advertisement for the comic book industry. This isn't helping to promote the book at all, a thread on a comic book forum is not increasing Aaron's sales. Those who want to read it are reading it and those that don't aren't. Which is a lot of hardcore Thor fans.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've said it once, she's a Mary Sue, so that's to be expected.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

"Wow, Thor comics sucks"

"What?Thor comics sucks?I'm going to buy this right now!"

Ok then.

It's like that saying goes "There's no such thing as bad publicity"

That's why these comics that upset people (good reason or bad) sell well, if Marvel wasn't making money off them, they wouldn't be doing this.

@lvenger said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Wow I never knew posting a negative thread on a comic book forum was a glowing advertisement for the comic book industry. This isn't helping to promote the book at all, a thread on a comic book forum is not increasing Aaron's sales. Those who want to read it are reading it and those that don't aren't. Which is a lot of hardcore Thor fans.

Sure it is, people here read comics, and when you draw their attention to this, it puts it on their minds. Some people may buy it just to see what's going on, some may buy it because they haven't thought about it in a while, or some may see a big fuss about it, decide to check it out, and actually get invested in the series. Can't say that hasn't happened to me before.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By dernman

@dernman: See above comment

Except the reverse can also happen.

The difference here is one way you can be unconcerned by sales and just want to talk, share with with people. Why deny yourself that.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By w0nd

If you don't like it, just ignore it. All your doing is giving a book you don't like free advertisement. There are so many other better ways to spend your time

eck I've been stuck with nothing to do these past few hours (hence why I'm here) and even I feel like staring out the window is better than complaining about people complaining

The same could be said about your post though. And honestly some people just like to complain and joke with like minded people. I doubt the majority of people sit there and brood over this stuff. IDK. it's a common nerd trait. To complain and move on. Isn't really hurting anyone. Also those like minded people may secretly be buying the book, or the may just be making fun of it on a comic site...which doesn't really increase sales. They could very well just be torrent it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Or we could just want to talk about whether Jane being able to contain a supernova is legit.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think her feats are already more crazy than red hulk.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Except the reverse can also happen. The difference here is one way you can be unconcerned by sales and just want to talk and share with with people. Why deny yourself that.

Because this is self defeating, it ruins the point by making things worse for the people talking about this

Besides, the same could be said for me , and frankly I think this whole obsession with power levels and feats is one of the lowest points you can get to in a fandom of any kind

@w0nd said:

eck I've been stuck with nothing to do these past few hours (hence why I'm here) and even I feel like staring out the window is better than complaining about people complaining

The same could be said about your post though. And honestly some people just like to complain and joke with like minded people. I doubt the majority of people sit there and brood over this stuff. IDK. it's a common nerd trait. To complain and move on. Isn't really hurting anyone. Also those like minded people may secretly be buying the book, or the may just be making fun of it on a comic site...which doesn't really increase sales. They could very well just be torrent it.

As I said before, I'm stuck with nothing to do. I only have an internet source, and I'm giving up YouTube for Lent, nothing's really going on right now, so I'm just jumping around CV and Serebii while I wait

And honestly some people just like to complain and joke with like minded people.

I get that, I'm just saying it all seems silly

Plus it's threads like these that people use when they go witch hunting for us fans and give us such nasty labels and/or parody us

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Heck I've been stuck with nothing to do these past few hours (hence why I'm here) and even I feel like staring out the window is better than complaining about people complaining

Yeah I can Agree.

Also this thread didn't need to be made becasue someone already beat them to the punch.......http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/interesting-jane-thor-feat-1863861/#js-message-2

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Or we could just want to talk about whether Jane being able to contain a supernova is legit.

Fair enough, though it's an imaginary world of space vikings

I don't read any Thor comics (I find it makes reading about the actually Thor and the whole of Norse mythology more difficult), but from what I do know, crazy and awesome displays of power seem par the course for tails of super fantasy characters like him/her or other characters in this vain. Who cares if a few details get muddled for the sake of the story? (yeah I know I know, makes things harder on the battle boards) especially if as you claim, the story being written isn't very good (again, not a Thor guy so can't comment on that)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: No I beat them to the punch. Mine was made 3 hours, 56 minutes ago, theirs was made 3 hours, 36 minutes ago.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heck in many ways my complaining about people complaining has given this thread more exposure

(and now we go down the rabbit hole of who benefits from what!.... well, I don't really gain anything for any of this expect some time to kill)

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Except the reverse can also happen. The difference here is one way you can be unconcerned by sales and just want to talk and share with with people. Why deny yourself that.

Because this is self defeating, it ruins the point by making things worse for the people talking about this

Besides, the same could be said for me , and frankly I think this whole obsession with power levels and feats is one of the lowest points you can get to in a fandom of any kind

It's not self defeating. Like I said the reverse can also be true. Also some people are not as concerned about things like that then they are in the community of sharing with other like minded people and discussing with others who disagree. Its an other form of intereste then just reading the comics.

Well we disagree on that. While I do agree with it in terms of Battle Forum nonsens. THings like consistency and how you manage feats are marks of indicators of some qualities of good writers, and bad writers. TO just disregard everything as it's nothing can be worse than those who harp over every detail. To suggest otherwise is enabling the idea that it's ok to just be willy nilly with everything.

Of course HE would say that in the quote because he is one of those people who don't mind throwing shit at a wall.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I have bigger problems with Aaron's characterisation and throwing out the established lore in Thor comics in favour of his own retcons for the record. The power level consistency is just another personal problem. Like Superman at the moment isn't being written as powerful as I like but his comics have never been this good in years.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: Blackheart was stated to be able to destroy the universe in that appearance

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BlueHope

@watcher5000 said:

@bluehope: Blackheart was stated to be able to destroy the universe in that appearance

Then Miles Morales kicked his ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jane Foster threads always start drama...
    Jane Foster threads always start drama...

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
    deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bluehope said:

@watcher5000 said:

Then Miles Morales kicked his ass.

Typical stuff from Bendis.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: and the context for that was because the venom blast messes up the nervous system of demonic bodies.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: and the context for that was because the venom blast messes up the nervous system of demonic bodies.

Throwing a mail box also messes up demonic bodies?

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Given the origin to Mjolnir we got recently, these feats don't come as a surprise to me.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the origin to Mjolnir we got recently, these feats don't come as a surprise to me.

What was the origin they recently gave? I've been out of comics because of so many dumb things they've been doing.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @newworldorder said:

What was the origin they recently gave? I've been out of comics because of so many dumb things they've been doing.

They changed the origins of Mjolnir to where there was a galaxy wide storm (sentient storm) that Odin fought for days on end and eventually overwhelmed and trapped in uru. He can then created the hammer Mjolnir, but didn't place any enchantment on it yet, however, the storm was still incredibly powerful so it drug him through Asgard almost destroying it all, so Odin put an enchantment on it to keep the storm in check.

Basically there is a galaxy sized sentient storm stuck in Mjolnir, which is why when Jane accomplishes all these impressive feats, it doesn't come as a surprise to me at all.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dernman

@newworldorder said:
    @dernman said:
    @newworldorder said:

They changed the origins of Mjolnir to where there was a galaxy wide storm (sentient storm) that Odin fought for days on end and eventually overwhelmed and trapped in uru. He can then created the hammer Mjolnir, but didn't place any enchantment on it yet, however, the storm was still incredibly powerful so it drug him through Asgard almost destroying it all, so Odin put an enchantment on it to keep the storm in check.

Basically there is a galaxy sized sentient storm stuck in Mjolnir, which is why when Jane accomplishes all these impressive feats, it doesn't come as a surprise to me at all.

Well that's a dumb retcon. Not to mention undermines the real Thor as a thunder god and undoes some important character development between Loki/THor.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @newworldorder said:
    @dernman said:
    @newworldorder said:

Well that's a dumb retcon. Not to mention undermines the real Thor as a thunder god and undoes some important character development between Loki/THor.

Yeah, I agree, it wasn't the best of ideas and goes against so many things that's already been established. I don't think many things are going to make sense for long time Thor readers anymore.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BlueHope

@watcher5000 said:

@bluehope: he got venom blasted before that

And venom blast decrease durability as well? It injured him,made it bleed.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@bluehope: idk, ask bendis. I am just saying miles beating him only happened because he was weakened

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: idk, ask bendis. I am just saying miles beating him only happened because he was weakened

Also there was other problems like the fact he couldn't react to Miles attack even though Jane can "move fast as lighting".

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: I don't care about Jane, I am just letting you know the context behind what happened.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Being a woman in marvel puts you at instant skyfather level now it's just fact

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: She really did nothing. She hasn't done A THING TO THIS DAY! Every "feat" she has is done by the hammer. Those feats have nothing to do with her. This last one is the most glaring evidence of that. She's asking the "Mother of Storms" (jeezus that sounds so stupid) to help her and it does. THOR's LONG history of feats are HIS OWN. Not owed to a hammer. HIS stregth lifted the Midgard serpent. HIS power focused through a non-sentient hammer defeated Glory. HIS lightning is channeled through the hammer which it could not do on its own until this idiotic retcon. So its water off a duck really to me. Jane Foster as a "hero" has been proven worthless. She has done nothing but be a puppet to a sentient storm locked in a hammer. No accomplishments of her own cuz she's not a god anyway.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@w0nd said:

As I said before, I'm stuck with nothing to do. I only have an internet source, and I'm giving up YouTube for Lent, nothing's really going on right now, so I'm just jumping around CV and Serebii while I wait

And honestly some people just like to complain and joke with like minded people.

I get that, I'm just saying it all seems silly

Plus it's threads like these that people use when they go witch hunting for us fans and give us such nasty labels and/or parody us

lol at jason aaron for posting that. The STORY is the PROBLEM.

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
    deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All we need now is a Jane Thor vs Deathbattle Superman fight to see who's most wanked.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@godofthunder4: DB Superman is the most powerful character ever. Period.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sheesh Sheesus (two nods and a wink for those of you who get that) look at all this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.