Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8614 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Jane Thorster performs a Star level feat

• 75 results
    Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@titing2101: lol RIGHT! his story decisions make no sense whatsoever he can't talk for shit when he comes up with these bs retcons that make no sense and makes Jane do ridiculous stuff, his stories make no sense right now

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@lvenger: As bad as it is, stalemating Odin is still worse (Odin actually preformed few Universal level feats).

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@titing2101: lol RIGHT! his story decisions make no sense whatsoever he can't talk for shit when he comes up with these bs retcons that make no sense and makes Jane do ridiculous stuff, his stories make no sense right now

yeah! and he twitts like Thor readers dont care about the story..lol.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SuperGoku17

@lvenger said:

@captainmarvel4ever: That's your choice which you're entitled to. But there are a lot of fans who are dissatisfied with how Aaron has written Jane's character and power level. And that criticism is still valid. You complaining about people complaining is you being hypocritical. You know you could have skipped this since it's not your thing.

Define a lot in your own words.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh for God's sake, you people and your feats

If you don't like it, just ignore it. All your doing is giving a book you don't like free advertisement. There are so many other better ways to spend your time

No Caption Provided

Heck I've been stuck with nothing to do these past few hours (hence why I'm here) and even I feel like staring out the window is better than complaining about people complaining

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: did u read solicitations for mighty Thordis #18 and #19? she is about to get more and more outliers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
    deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will... Will Jane and Odinson be taking on the Phoenix Force in issues #18 and #19. Oh God, even the Phoenix Force pales in comparison to the one true Aaronforce.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@krleavenger: You're right, stalemating Odin is a worse outlier showing for Jane. Containing a supernova with a storm, which is essentially star level (I should change that in my OP) is still a pretty ridiculous lot of wanking.

Will... Will Jane and Odinson be taking on the Phoenix Force in issues #18 and #19. Oh God, even the Phoenix Force pales in comparison to the one true Aaronforce.

The day will come when the Aaronforce wages war against the Bendisforce and Loebforce for true comic wanking supremacy.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By KrleAvenger

@lvenger: Indeed. Wait for tomorrow. Jane is gonna shatter the Infinity Gems.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
    deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't there a galaxy sized storm inside the hammer? Seems reasonable enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I don't consider this an outlier considering the recent retcon of mjolnir.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By NewWorldOrder

Crazy.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By uugieboogie

@thunderingthorfan said:

She really did nothing. She hasn't done A THING TO THIS DAY! Every "feat" she has is done by the hammer. Those feats have nothing to do with her. This last one is the most glaring evidence of that. She's asking the "Mother of Storms" (jeezus that sounds so stupid) to help her and it does. THOR's LONG history of feats are HIS OWN. Not owed to a hammer. HIS stregth lifted the Midgard serpent. HIS power focused through a non-sentient hammer defeated Glory. HIS lightning is channeled through the hammer which it could not do on its own until this idiotic retcon. So its water off a duck really to me. Jane Foster as a "hero" has been proven worthless. She has done nothing but be a puppet to a sentient storm locked in a hammer. No accomplishments of her own cuz she's not a god anyway.

This. The series shouldn't be titled "the Mighty Thor", it should be "The Mighty Mjolnir featuring Jane".

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: EXACTLY! I mean even Aaron admits it. Otherwise why is there a hammer as the "O" in Thor? This "Thor" is the hammer or at the least, completely hammer dependent. THOR is still, BY FAR, greater than Hammerette! Further, she owes "her" few feats and her existence to a "Mother" Storm that got her ass handed to her by ALL-FATHER ODIN! Hehehe...... So much for that lesson in women's equality.........

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Aaron once say he wanted to concentrate on making Mjolnir a character in itself before the Jane Foster thing happened? It was one of the interviews that helped me easily decide to avoid this whole story.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Aaron once say he wanted to concentrate on making Mjolnir a character in itself before the Jane Foster thing happened? It was one of the interviews that helped me easily decide to avoid this whole story.

I never saw that but if so it explains why he's basically writing a comic with the main character being a sentient hammer how long before it starts talking with its own speech bubble

Jane Thorster is basically an imposter claiming credit for whatever Mjolnir does sort of like when doc ock was Superior Spiderman taking credit for everything...

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! Deadbeat mother. Thief! Useless human puppet. And now fraudulent superhero! Jeez! What a role model! Hahaha!

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! Deadbeat mother. Thief! Useless human puppet. And now fraudulent superhero! Jeez! What a role model! Hahaha!

lol

she's a woman it makes it all ok...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By antithetical
    @titing2101 said:

lol at jason aaron for posting that. The STORY is the PROBLEM.

No kidding, a year and a half into this tepid "War of the Realms" virtually non-existent story line and it's interrupted by a Shi'ar pissing contest, LOL! This whole Jane-Thor concept has been nothing but a waste of everyone's time.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101 said:

No kidding, a year and a half into this tepid "War of the Realms" virtually non-existent story line and it's interrupted by a Shi'ar pissing contest, LOL! This whole Jane-Thor concept has been nothing but a waste of everyone's time.

There literally not once in this whole saga has there been a compelling solid story arc around her like he did with Thor with actual story arcs that had a start and a solid finish, with her it's just been a mess of jumping between random stories with no solid story arc or compelling reason to read it

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical said:
    @titing2101 said:

There literally not once in this whole saga has there been a compelling solid story arc around her like he did with Thor with actual story arcs that had a start and a solid finish, with her it's just been a mess of jumping between random stories with no solid story arc or compelling reason to read it

and this month we will see the stupidity that started this all... that damned whisper...

hope that the whisper is like a hypnosis for thor that everything that happened with him and mjolnir was a dream . thats the only way jason aaron can fix this

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98 said:
    @antithetical said:
    @titing2101 said:

and this month we will see the stupidity that started this all... that damned whisper...

hope that the whisper is like a hypnosis for thor that everything that happened with him and mjolnir was a dream . thats the only way jason aaron can fix this

lol this is one of the few times where "it was all a dream" would actually not piss me off as an explanation and I'd welcome it ahahaaha

KatrinaZagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan:

She really did nothing. She hasn't done A THING TO THIS DAY! Every "feat" she has is done by the hammer. Those feats have nothing to do with her. This last one is the most glaring evidence of that. She's asking the "Mother of Storms" (jeezus that sounds so stupid) to help her and it does.

well said. the title of her comic series should be THE MOTHER STORM, not thor.

THOR's LONG history of feats are HIS OWN. Not owed to a hammer. HIS stregth lifted the Midgard serpent. HIS power focused through a non-sentient hammer defeated Glory. HIS lightning is channeled through the hammer which it could not do on its own until this idiotic retcon. So its water off a duck really to me.

indeed, which is why it angers me that nowadays he is so ridiculed. I don't know when it started, but writers nowadays act like everything is about mjolnir. thor is the god of thunder, not mjolnir! mjolnir is just a tool, an awesome tool with some great abilities thor doesn't normally have (energy absorption, teleportation, ect) but nonetheless its just a tool.

Jane Foster as a "hero" has been proven worthless. She has done nothing but be a puppet to a sentient storm locked in a hammer.

shes also apparently a deadbeat mom who ignores her child. what a good role model for women, co-opt everything a man has done instead of accomplishing something for yourself and don't bother to care about your children.

No accomplishments of her own cuz she's not a god anyway.

in her newest comic she is being treated like a god, competing in a challenge from the shiar gods to see who can get the most prayers or some crap.

you know who would be a new author who could make the asgardian mythos great again? Neil gaimen. bring the real thor back and give Neil the reins, the thor series would be a masterpiece in no time.

why does it upset you he is ridiculed are you thor? why should it offend you? hes not even the original thor, hes a marvel ripoff!!! you always talk this big game about the marvel comics thor but show no respect fopr the norse mythology he was originally from!!!! also we see jane doing this feet, yet you ignore it and say it was just the hammer. all the feets are just the hammer? lol ok do you even read same comic book?

No Caption Provided

ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrinazagar: Don't talk to me about "not reading the same book" because :

A) I don't buy this dreck and only read it for free on online hack sites.

and

B) YOU are the one who is most evidently not reading! Nothing I stated is a lie! Not one thing! If you don't see what I'm saying I have no time to waste with you! Continue on your merry way and read this thing you like so much. Just don't come over here trying to defend the indefensible. The proof is in the pudding and the writing and dialogue says it all. Even the logo tells you that the hammer is running the game. If you don't see that, I can't help you on your blind journey through feminist ideals. There's no one blinder than they who don't wish to see!

PS- I don't give a DAMN about the real mythological Thor. I'm a MARVEL fan and HE is the ONLY Thor that matters to me. For you to bring up the mythological "Thor" in this comic book thread shows you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument......

Tootles!

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the feets are just the hammer lmfao

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yassassin: Aaron loves Jane like Bendis loves Kitty Pride.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.