Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10271 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm is a GODDESS!!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By butterflykyss

Well guys it finally happened. Storm is not just only a goddess by name but by power as well. In BP issue 17, Storm used divine power to stop an unnatural storm plaguing Wakanda created by a unknown Wakandan god.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

My question is are you excited for this new upgrade? What are your thoughts and how do you want to see her use this new found power?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About bloody time.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: right?!!! haters can kick rocks cause now we can call her a goddess and it's not just by name, it's by power and 616 canon!!

blackknighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blackknighting

@butterflykyss:

If she tapped into power then she is not a goddess, she might be like

Dr. Strange who taps gods and other beings for a boost.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By butterflykyss

@blackknighting said:

@butterflykyss:

If she tapped into power then she is not a goddess, she might be like

Dr. Strange who taps gods and other beings for a boost.

where does it say she tapped into divine energy versus actually being a goddess? if you have been reading the Black panther run, there has been this whole question on if she is a goddess or not. tchalla posed this question to her many times during their date and she didn't come across as taking it seriously. however, in this issue when she returned to wakanda, the people believed her to be a goddess and their faith in her allowed her to ascend to just that. with their faith she was able to become one with the divine energy and do away with the storms from an unknown godly dimension making her a goddess. it's quite different from what you describe dr strange as doing.

EDIT: i see where you got this and that was from my chose of words. I modified it so that there was no confusion!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beg your pardon but, what?!!!

This is a recent issue from the Black Panther series?????!!!!!

I don't know what to think of this.....

I guess all that's left is to see how often she will use this power and how powerful she really can be. Give me a summarization as to what was causing the Storm if you don't mind, please, @butterflykyss. @stormphoenix, @poisonfleur, somebody please explain!!!!

Avatar image for masterskywalker
    MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remembered this nod that Storm would one day become a Goddess back in X-Treme with a little explanation.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By dernman

lol this coming from modern Marvel comics which everything is pretty much trash. Just another thing for the pile.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does she actually have worshipers? Because you need that to actually be a goddess?? If those people believe in her does that mean they worship her? Glad of the upgrade if it holds..

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see the detractors have reared their ugly heads. Damn, yall cant let Storm fans be happy for once eh

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@pyrofn: Basically, in a nutshell an Unnatural Thunderstorm was wrecking havoc in Wakanda which was caused by an Unknown God. Storm tries to disperses it, but can't because it's alive and it's not from this World...............Long story short Storm realizes she gets power from people's faith and worship and suddenly she Turns into a Goddess for a brief moment and takes out the Unnatural Storm with ease.

To make this EASIER for you Read it for yourself.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Black-Panther-2016/Issue-17?id=120414

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By butterflykyss

@pyrofn said:

I beg your pardon but, what?!!!

This is a recent issue from the Black Panther series?????!!!!!

I don't know what to think of this.....

I guess all that's left is to see how often she will use this power and how powerful she really can be. Give me a summarization as to what was causing the Storm if you don't mind, please, @butterflykyss. @stormphoenix, @poisonfleur, somebody please explain!!!!

:) yes this is the most recent issue if bp released this past Wednesday.

i will try to give a brief synopsis. Wakanda has experienced crisis after crisis associated with attacks and destruction from beings such as Namor, Thanos, and Black Swan as well as other catastrophes such as drought. The question became where were the Wakandan gods during these events and why didn't they help. Tchalla discovered the gods were gone and potentially dead. He sought out Ororo to understand the ways of gods since she was once worshipped as one. At some point mysterious portals, by way of this new god being worshipped in place of the old Wakandan gods, began opening all across wakanda and with these portals unnatural storms formed created destruction in its path. Additional alien creatures were entering from these portals and terrorizing/killing people once they entered wakanda. Tchalla reached out to Ororo but she was unable to help since these storms were powered by some unknown god and were unnatural she had no ability to control them. She and tchalla met with a Wakandan who believed she could do away with the storms. She again told him she couldn't stop the storms and though she tried the storms were beyond her power. She and Tchalla, at the request of a villager, went to fight off some creatures that entered from the portal. After they successfully fought them and save the captive villagers from the alien creatures, the saved villagers began to worship storm and praise her. It was at this moment she became the bright lady and was able to stop the storms as shown by the scans i posted. u should check this series out.

and those are great questions. I'm not sure where she will go with this but I'm really excited to see.

awww don't be mad storm was able to do what thor couldn't without his hammer... how's his arm by the way these day as well as his worth?

@shepardoakenprime said:

Remembered this nod that Storm would one day become a Goddess back in X-Treme with a little explanation.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

i totally remember this and was so happy to see what Claremont hinted so many years ago was finally realized by Coates in his bp stories. He deserves all the credit he has done a great job with her.

@destinyman75 said:

Does she actually have worshipers? Because you need that to actually be a goddess?? If those people believe in her does that mean they worship her? Glad of the upgrade if it holds..

yes in this issue it was the faith of the worshipers that allowed her to utilize the divine power hence becoming a goddess!

@malachi_munroe said:

I see the detractors have reared their ugly heads. Damn, yall cant let Storm fans be happy for once eh

Chile nobody is studying them bottom feeders. they can post all the scans they want it doesn't change the fact she's a true goddess.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Storm getting an upgrade that has been hinted at since the beginning and so far has only overpowered an unknown God's control of the weather is unacceptable and trash... But (spoilers for Generations Phoenix) inexperienced Teen Jean punched down Galactus and no one bats an eye...

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By butterflykyss

@shepardoakenprime said:

So Storm getting an upgrade that has been hinted at since the beginning and so far has only overpowered an unknown God's control of the weather is unacceptable and trash... But (spoilers for Generations Phoenix) inexperienced Teen Jean punched down Galactus and no one bats an eye...

well the threat hasn't been eliminated and it's still very early on in the story telling. the writer is known for kinda going at a slow pace. things will probably heat up once they encounter the actual gods doing this destruction, which the haven't yet. but all things considered it is still awesome it's finally been confirmed. Additionally, storm shouldn't be able to control anything that a god has dominion over so the fact that she did that when she herself said she couldn't initially do it is awesome!

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime: Someone hasn't been paying attention because literally everyone that cared about Jeans generations book was miffed at that moment.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By destinyman75

I'm quite happy with this then actually. Marvel needs to keep Storm at this level now that she's achieved it again. When she had her Thor like hammer she had that power but she lost it (bad writing). I would be most wroth if they undid this power from Strom who deserves and fits the upgrade.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By butterflykyss

@destinyman75: I know. the very unfortunate thing is this was not from the xoffices so they could simply ignore or retcon this year. but I agree it's been a long time coming so I hope it sticks.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@butterflykyss: @destinyman75: Well the X-Office will do what they can to ignore it or put limitations on it for a few reasons.

1. Storm isn't a Grey

2. Storm shouldn't be any higher than any X-Men they are trying to promote or build. (Which means if STORM is a Goddess that makes her WAY out of any X members League)............can't have that.

3. X-Writers DON'T want to write about Storm because she they don't fully understand her powers.

4. Because they can......

I don't know there are PLENTY of reasons why the X-Office will try to ignore it. And since we have one of the most terrible X-Writers Guggenheim........he's not going to care because it needs to be about Kitty and Rachel. NOT Storm the person who FINALLY achieved Godhood by herself. In a way it almost seems unfair many other characters get chances to achieve power etc in whatever form, but Storm must be stuck the way she is a Question or a Possibility Mutant.

Ever notice that? Everything about Storms potential and Limitless power or being a Goddess was always a question or guess like:

"Are you?" Possibly? Maybe? She might??

:-) thanks

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: why all the people with thor in their names hating? Is it because storm is able to ascend to being a goddess with a stupid hammer? ru salty that a sick woman with cancer was more worthy than he? or are u mad cause he walking around with half a arm? I mean seriously y'all should let all that hate go.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: "meh" in my current language for Marvel means Their writing is mediocre at best.

in this case, I'm indifferent about it.

not as bad as Odin x Phoenix

No Caption Provided

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: the Odin and Phoenix thing was absolute trash to me because it appears to negate the things that happened during Phoenix/dark Phoenix saga.

wit regards to this story though I thought Coates did his homework. storm had already been hinted as being one years ago by Claremont. so in context of his storytelling I thought he did an excellent job. probably one of the best storm stories in 10 plus yrs.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Are her and BP married/together or what?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto: As much as I HATE to say it, but they are back together. NOT married, but you know.........talking.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this probably won't stick around due to Marvel not wanting to give Fox any more ammunition to use in X-men movies.

Sad really that politics have to ruin the potential for good storylines.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust:

oh no.. I'm pretty much aware that the politics at marvel with their feud with fox impacts a lot of what we read lately. however, I'm going to enjoy this ride for however long it goes. at this point we can now say storm is a true goddess.

ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: No actually I've been reading the X-Men and Jean Grey threads for a while now and people were mostly upset that the feat and comic as a whole where made to put Teen Jean above og Jean. Some people where more shook but again this feat at least makes equal or more sense there is no reason for the backlash. Just pointing out the unequal treatment Storm and her fans get.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime said:

Not to mention the Galactus instance was pure PIS. He was totally written down in that scene. It reminds me of the time when Mr. Fantastic used his body as a slingshot to fling Thing into Galactus's forehead which brought Galactus tumbling down. Its another PIS instance for the world devourer. Galactus has literally moved entire galaxies with a wave of his hand on panel. The Jean instance has no credibility.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No she isn't.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dernman

@stormcell said:
    @shepardoakenprime said:

Not to mention the Galactus instance was pure PIS. He was totally written down in that scene. It reminds me of the time when Mr. Fantastic used his body as a slingshot to fling Thing into Galactus's forehead which brought Galactus tumbling down. Its another PIS instance for the world devourer. Galactus has literally moved entire galaxies with a wave of his hand on panel. The Jean instance has no credibility.

Can we stop pretending that people didn't have a problem with Teen Jean doing that to Galactus?

It's just another example of Marvel's current trash writing........

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss:

awww don't be mad storm was able to do what thor couldn't without his hammer... how's his arm by the way these day as well as his worth?

I didn't even mention Thor and mad at what? Thor has been able to take down Jugg's force field before via Mjolnir and then wail on him physically. But Storm got one shot.

Meanwhile.

No Caption Provided

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No she isn't.

per 616 canon she is. check out bp issue 17 for your proof.

@butterflykyss:

I didn't even mention Thor and mad at what? Thor has been able to take down Jugg's force field before via Mjolnir and then wail on him physically. But Storm got one shot.

Meanwhile.

No Caption Provided

yea that may be true but he doesn't have his arm or his hammer. the hammer is what made him relevant and now a woman dying of cancer is more powerful than him.

lolol those are so old those scans. she immune to lightning you think something like that will hurt her now?

No Caption Provided

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss:

yea that may be true but he doesn't have his arm or his hammer. the hammer is what made him relevant and now a woman dying of cancer is more powerful than him.

Hes still relevant without the hammer. From Unworthy Thor to other books.

lolol those are so old those scans. she immune to lightning you think something like that will hurt her now?

Those are from 2012, pretty recent and shes been hurt by her own lightning and from WM. Even Thor would hurt her with lightning.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss:

Those are from 2012, pretty recent and shes been hurt by her own lightning and from WM. Even Thor would hurt her with lightning.

It doesn't matter when your scans were written. The fact is Pak has given Storm immunity to lightning in her solo title, ergo, she has that power. Anything written to the contrary of that now is rendered as PIS as it weakens the character. So, to clarify, Storm is immune to lightning. That said, Thor is not. He has been harmed and defeated by lightning attacks on more than one occassion and I have yet to see canon that states he is immune to lightning to contradict these showings.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thordinson said:

@butterflykyss:

It doesn't matter when your scans were written. The fact is Pak has given Storm immunity to lightning in her solo title, ergo, she has that power. Anything written to the contrary of that now is rendered as PIS as it weakens the character. So, to clarify, Storm is immune to lightning. That said, Thor is not. He has been harmed and defeated by lightning attacks on more than one occassion and I have yet to see canon that states he is immune to lightning to contradict these showings.

please post scans of him hurt by lightning when u get chance

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Stormcell

@butterflykyss said:
    @stormcell said:
    @thordinson said:

@butterflykyss:

please post scans of him hurt by lightning when u get chance

[url]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/18519/557531-thor_blood_oath__4_05.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.comixasylum.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Thor-vs-Zeus.jpg[/url]

[url]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/0b8yNYjpLnnPTJoD4wbxOhubzdfk3yp-KIQjGihImhv5oAwVsLX0rw6WDSm83zOhUjXaZ5IpT3Xl=s1600[/url]

The Weathermen hurt Thor with lightning as well:

[url]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/aPjfQ3nuTfp8BRqXx0r6gw59WyBjPuY36nMNZ8X4UBX57uy_aLqMUCkknqT2XSGc-3ya0VKIh2m5=s1600[/url]

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/o-MgCEbkU467G2cHDtNhvIA0yj_scL1yn3NfJb2e7PWttX4kixn3Kqo4qdmqQXciW0AW7jQK4htr=s1600

Notice that Zeus is holding back in the scans with him and still does damage to Thor with the lightning.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: Not really. Jeen used psychic energy from all of the surrounding beings, including Galactus and Phoenix. She caught him off guard, she didn't defeat him. He got back up, albeit a little busted up, but he did take hits from Phoenix before Jeen dealt a single blow that knocked him down.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just wanted to point out storm was already worshipped as a goddess but Xavier convinced her path to godship both in power and name was silly

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Storm to become a true goddess, transforming into one, which other gods and goddesses of Marvel acknowledge her turning into a deity.

But I want Storm to only transform into one when she needed to.

I still prefer her to keep her human body.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

To be fair you people are overreacting on this one. Yes, she did manage to manipulate belief energies, but that doesn't make one a god or goddess - Adam Warlock/Magus manipulates belief energies casually, yet i don't see people claiming that he is a God, people need to understand that most of the gods in Marvel Universe don't use belief energies or do it very rarely, what I am trying to say is that it takes more than just manipulation of some form of energy and worshipping to be a GODDESS, her whole being must change in order for her to become goddess - her soul, body, mind - her every physical and metaphysical attributes would need to change in order for her to become a god-like being.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@lord_spectrum: Sure, there is a possibility that we could be overreacting. However, what was presented in BP #17 doesn't make it any less true. I don't know Adam Warlock like that , but he is an entirely different character with a different power set as well as background. And actually yes ive seen Thor and Odin get courage and a boost in power because they have an entire Pantheeon and People that worship them and pray to them and have faith in them. To help them through whatever Obsticle they face. The Shiar Gods are the same as well. Your whole being does not need to change. Look at Thor and Hercules both Gods, but look just as human as a human being ever. Also, look at the warriors 3 or whatever. They are Asgardian, but not actually Gods themselves yet their durability is higher than a humans. Etc etc.

It's just like Storm said in previous issue of BP. "these Gods although in their Native Power are Formidable. But it is the Faith of Others that elevate them beyound their mortal coil."

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@stormphoenix:

Sure, there is a possibility that we could be overreacting.

Not a possibility, rather a fact honestly.

However, what was presented in BP #17 doesn't make it any less true.

She manipulated belief energy, stlll doesn't make her a goddess, just an energy manipulator who can manipulate esoteric type energy.

I don't know Adam Warlock like that , but he is an entirely different character with a different power set as well as background.

The point i am making that both Storm and Adam are motrals, and Adam is actually an artifical biological human made by scientists to be the "perfect" human being. But anyways what i am trying to say the background doesn't really matter here, since neither Storm nor Adam are related to Gods actually, but similarity they share is that they are both mortal being, with HUMAN (not godly) SOULS, and Superhuman bodies (not god bodies like Thor or Herc), and their whole physical and metaphysical being doesn't share similar properties of gods. So in short manipualting belief energy doesn't make on a god/goddess, it makes one an energy manipulator of estoric forces and that's it.

And actually yes some Gods do react on beliefs. Young Thor and Odin hears prayers. The Shiar Gods React and hears prayers.

Reacting and Hearing to prayers is not the same as manipulating BELIEF energy, which is completely different thing, and those gods have thing MYSTICAL SENSES, which makes them react those things.

Your whole being does not need to change.

You can look like human, but that's not the point, the point is your DNA has to massively change, and not just DNA but also your properties of SOUL, there is a massive big difference between a sould of a god and that of a mortal, she has to have a soul of a god as well.

Thor looks as human as ever has the body functions of a human and Hercules too.

I wasn't talking about their appearances, which is irrelevant, since many gods can manipulate atoms or just can shapeshift.

Body Functions of Human? Their bodies have similar functions as humans, but overall they are too different, in fact you can't even clone a GOD, it takes someone like Dr. Doom to create a perfect clone of a god, due to their METAPHYSICAL nature, as stated by Loki. We have already seen what happened when they tried to clone Thor, they pretty much failed, and made a cyborg.

It's just like Storm said these Gods although in their Native Power are Formidable. But it is the Faith of Others that elevate them beyound their mortal coil.

Faith/Belief doesn't give power to Gods, you can read many comics with Marvel's Gods, there are no comics of them using the energy of belief, that's is not how Marvel Gods work, but rather how DC Gods works actually.

What faith actually does is that in Loki: Agent of Asgard, it is pretty much hinted/explained that faith of humanity created the Gods of Asgard and Olympus and other Earthly Gods. That's how faith affects gods, they are creatures of stories, and due to faith they became reality. That's what Storm's statement really means.

And my point still stands - manipulating faith/belief energy still doesn't make one a god, nowhere close to it, it only makes you an energy manipulator, and that's it, there are not buts and ifs.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: Well wait and see next issue because she basically entering Godhood. And she just did in that issue. So we'll wait for further info.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.