Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10271 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm is a GODDESS!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5dad6c4bafe13
    deactivated-5dad6c4bafe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Great mini respect thread Storm is very underrated lol

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352  Edited By Stormcell

@waitomegastorm said:
    @stormcell said:

@son_of_storm: For the omega mutant list, the qualification was the power the various characters wielded in their specific area had no definable upper limits. That's why Forge didn't make the list. Though he wields the greatest mutant power when it comes to technological invention, his proclivity in this area could be surpassed. The same weakness holds true for Jean, Exodus, and Quire in their respective powers. It doesn't matter if X-Man is burned out now. The fact is he proves that the power of the other psis on the list can be surpassed. That means there's a definite upper limit for them. By definition they should not be omegas for the same reasons Forge isn't one.

I've always thought that Storm could potentially be second only to TOAA, lol. While I wouldn't want her to be at the power level forever and ever, I would like for the potential for her to be that strong to be firmly established in canon. Starting with Wakanda and Earth would be a great starting point, but I want Marvel to establish that Storm could become omniversal.

Regarding Gentle, you bring up some strong points. There are too many unanswered questions regarding his power compared to Hulk's. It's something Marvel should be exploring. I'm surprised writers aren't taking advantage of this opportunity. He's basically a blank slate that a writer can take and mold into something wonderful much like how Claremont did that to Storm, Wolverine, and the other second generation X-Men. Gentle remains unencumbered by preestablished canon to weigh him down.

That said, I would also like to see Selene on the omega mutant list. Necrosha established that there is no upper limits to the amount of life force she can drain. It even stated that she could feed off the spirit realm once she drank the Earth's population dry. I think it would be great to see Storm and Selene as opposing sides here where both women could potentially evolve into omniversal power houses.

Regarding Magneto being on the list, his upper limits have been revealed in past stories. That's why it doesn't make sense for him to be on the list. If Forge isn't on it, then neither should Magneto, Bobby, or any of the psis listed be omegas. It's all very contradictory. That's all I'm saying. Hopefully, Marvel realizes this the next time they come up with an omega list.

Well, I wanted to talk about Magneto because it might be interesting.

As much as he had his limits set, he would still be the best in his area (magnetism) even with all his established limits, which from now on can be ignored to make him powerful, that is, Mags is Hickmann fav, and of course from now on he'll show talent for Magneto to belong to Omega level (in XMen # 1 he broke a vibranium door) ignoring past things like he did in HOX, POX and apparently XMen, but I may be mistaken Maybe Magneto is on the list for being an overhyped villain or for being Hickmann's favorite mutant.

people now make a similar argument against Storm as "Why Storm is Omega when Thor Exists", and I think because Thor Manipulates Weather in a "lazy" way while Ororo works with the laws of physics with greater affinity to create things like small clouds of water to create jovian pressure on earth (showing that its affinity with the elements is so perfect that it can break the laws of nature) but even so it is not on Thor's level and people confuse power with affinity and versatility .

and I think now Hickmann is focused more on the future of mutants, maybe he does Magneto do amazing things with magnetism, maybe he does Ororo be a more powerful weather manipulator than Thor, we have to wait and see if what Hickmann did makes any sense

The Storm/Thor argument doesn't apply given that Storm has feats that I can point to which argues her being more powerful than Thor. Where has Thor blown up a Herald of Galactus, for instance? Then there is the whole Trion thing. Also, Storm's powers has been compared to that of Phoenix Force Jean Grey. On top of that, it has been stated in canon since the 80s that Storm wields power comparable to a "goddess", and that her power is "near-infinite." On top of all of this, her powers are limited only by the strength of her will and body. Given that there is no upper limit to her willpower, and she has the potential to transcend her humanity and evolve into a wholly elemental being, then there really should be no upper limit to how powerful she can become. Yes, I know, there are Storm detractors that will try and ignore all of this, but that doesn't change the hard facts. I'll admit that Thor is written using higher levels of power than Storm usually wields, but the bread crumbs are there to point to her actually being the stronger elemental of the two. Then there are also depths and dimensions to her elemental powers that Thor lacks.

Regarding Magneto, he is not clearly the most powerful wielder of magnetic energy. Though she is weaker than Eric now, Polaris has been stated on panel to have the potential to one day wield power to rival his. Then there are other characters like Sienna Blaze who didn't get fair consideration in this given that she has far more raw power than Magneto does. Storm has also wielded EM energy in FAR greater quantities than anything Magneto has ever done. This also holds true for Thor. So, this is all on top of Magneto's limits being shown in canon. He should not have been included as an omega level mutant. It messes up the canon and threatens to put limits on other characters like Storm, Sienna Blaze (if she's every brought back to life permanently), and Thor (if he ever fights Magneto again) that they have already surpassed.

Just because Magneto is one of Hickman's favorite characters is no reason for him to include this character on the list.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By Stormcell

I should say that the reason I think Magneto made the list of omega mutants probably has to do more with fans on the internet making that argument than him being one of Hickman's favorites (though I'd be surprised if the writer's partiality for the character didn't also play a role in this). Some of you wonder why I harp on certain things on the boards ad naseum, and that's because I know Marvel looks at the boards. for this reason, I think more Storm fans should speak honestly about how they feel not only about Ororo, but other characters as well so Marvel knows when they do things that don't make sense like categorizing Magneto, Jean, Exodus, Quire, and Iceman as omega mutants. Canon should be referenced to back these claims so they don't write off such positions as mere "character hating". I have a feeling the sound arguments and passion of numerous Storm fans on the internet probably played a significant role in her finally being labelled as an omega mutant.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@stormcell: Well, I think the greatest feats of Storm (Galactic Core and Trion) have to do with their energy manipulation rather than weather manipulation, I know that Storm is better than Thor in the elemental area, but Thor has more power, like For example, Thor lightning bolts are more powerful than Storm's, so far as I know Thor has already beaten Silver Surfer.

I don't think Magneto should be classified as Omega either, but as I said, I think Hickmann will give Magneto feats to be on that level (which worries me as Storm may be hurt by this), if Sienna Blaze came back she could be classified as Omega in the class of Electromagnetism, not as Magnetism itself.

Well, Hickmann ignored things that happened earlier to support HOX / POX and maybe XMen, like Vulcan being friendly and pretending to have nothing to do with Shi'ar.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By Stormcell

@waitomegastorm said:

@stormcell: Well, I think the greatest achievements of Storm (Galactic Core and Trion) have to do with their energy manipulation rather than Climate manipulation, I know that Storm is better than Thor in the elemental area, but Thor has more pot, like For example, Thor lightning bolts are more powerful than Storm's, so far as I know Thor has already beaten Silver Surfer.

I don't think Magneto should be classified as Omega either, but as I said, I think Hickmann will give Magneto feats to be on that level (which worries me as Storm may be hurt by this), if Sienna Blaze came back she could be classified as Omega in the class of Electromagnetism, not as Magnetism itself.

Well, Hickmann ignored things that happened earlier to support HOX / POX and maybe XMen, like Vulcan being friendly and pretending to have nothing to do with Shi'ar.

I'm not ready to concede that Thor can toss a more powerful bolt than Storm, but I won't argue with you. ;)

Also, here are the Polaris scans from X-Factor #123 for those who may wonder why I mentioned canon for her potentially posing a problem with Magneto's ranking as an omega:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/a21YcCauM3WJUqI8eg-QiQ4gNZ33wszZOgrjjp7WxHIxdqhr99gJNYUMhUEYcxwuNGUXRr_I3jKM=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ExLxGTID4cbDGkAjk5yeuzescW5cRk00j6X2f_5IYzKjj0BQLfimkuXKtV1_QqfhRH2i9z0lZpbC=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/uspQiSEtuJ3FtzxIHGKgIa14kQD9S-_V9e28qhXu1jAcsbs862EmzjJ5nwVD2E76jXBquqwaxb7f=s1600

The first scan is what's really important because of what is states about Polaris's potential, but I included the other pages for those who may be curious to see the whole sequence.

But yeah, expect Storm to be harmed greatly by Magneto's inclusion on the list for the same reasons she'll likely be hurt by Iceman being on the list plus being in the same title as Bobby.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: I think the problem with Storm's lightning is that they are written very irregularly, which is sad, many people think they are ineffective or a joke compared to Thor.

I'm less worried about Mags and Ororo on XMen because Hickmann is doing something decent so far, now about Marauders I'm expecting something like XMen Gold, probably she won't show any thermal skills due to Bobby and Pyro, maybe it was a great opportunity for them to develop Storm's EM and Magnetic skills.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By Stormcell

@waitomegastorm said:

@stormcell: I think the problem with Storm's lightning is that they are written very irregularly, which is sad, many people think they are ineffective or a joke compared to Thor.

I'm less worried about Mags and Ororo on XMen because Hickmann is doing something decent so far, now about Marauders I'm expecting something like XMen Gold, probably she won't show any thermal skills due to Bobby and Pyro, maybe it was a great opportunity for them to develop Storm's EM and Magnetic skills.

Honestly, what I'm expecting in Marauders is for it to be stated flat out that Storm can't make it as cold as Bobby (eventhough her powerset should enable her to achieve an absolute zero whereas he shouldn't be able to), and for her hydrokinetic abilities to be totally ignored. Hickman gave her a nice water manipulation feat just recently. Enjoy this time while it lasts.

As for Storm/Magneto, the editorial may stop a writer from exploring Storm's control over EM energy and/or override a feat a writer may want to give to her in this regard in an effort to prop up Magneto. That is, if a writer is even interested in exploring Storm beyond mere lightning bolts and gusts of wind.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As for Storm's lightning bolts, you're right. They are written irregularly. The main reason I am not ready to concede Thor throwing a stronger bolt that Storm is because her weather powers are an application/extension of her energy control. She perceives the universe around her (be it stars, planet, empty space) as energy and can bend those forces to her will. This is how she controls the weather, too. So, given the huge amounts of energy Storm has wielded in some instances, I do believe she could toss a much stronger bolt than anything Thor could muster if she really wanted to. It would all depend on how much energy she puts into the bolt.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By WaitOmegaStorm

@stormcell said:

As for Storm's lightning bolts, you're right. They are written irregularly. The main reason I am not ready to concede Thor throwing a stronger bolt that Storm is because her weather powers are an application/extension of her energy control. She perceives the universe around her (be it stars, planet, empty space) as energy and can bend those forces to her will. This is how she controls the weather, too. So, given the huge amounts of energy Storm has wielded in some instances, I do believe she could toss a much stronger bolt than anything Thor could muster if she really wanted to. It would all depend on how much energy she puts into

Well, the only plausible argument for me is why Storm's lightning irregularity is that it diminishes the power for not kill her opponents like this:

No Caption Provided

And often people ignore that Storm can regulate lightning and say she can't hurt characters with high durability.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By Stormcell

That's a good argument you're making. It's been a long established hallmark of the character to place self-restraints on her own power levels.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormcell: I just hope Storm changes her moral a little and becomes more deadly.

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By Stormcell

@waitomegastorm said:

@stormcell: I just hope Storm changes her moral a little and becomes more deadly.

I agree with that. It would not only make her more apt to use greater power, but also more interesting as a character to walk that fine line. It would be in keeping with her character development, too, given her punk years when she was less restrained.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: I think this has to be explained but so long as she has worshippers (or someone who believes in her) she can tap into those abilities. she doesnt have to have someone actively praying to her for her to obtain this ability.

@stormcell: agreed. she definitely needs a solo so I hope this happens sooner rather than later. however, I'm taking these victories as we get them.

@son_of_storm:you're very welcome!

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: So basically as long as people have faith in her She always be more powerful than Adversary?

That's now sorta like divine empowerment

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waitomegastorm: That wasn’t by herself. That was a stimuli a fungus that brought it out. Very different.

By their description they make it seem like she needs prayers to Godmode.

Nope it said adoration, hope and worship. It means Storm will always be powerful as long as people have faith in her.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: yea that's how I read it. so long as there is one person who believes in her that power will exist. and you point to waitomegastorm is absolutely correct!!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@kasya_carey said:
    @mooty_pass said:

@waitomegastorm: That wasn’t by herself. That was a stimuli a fungus that brought it out. Very different.

Nope it said adoration, hope and worship. It means Storm will always be powerful as long as people have faith in her.

That's not how I interpreted it.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey said:
    @mooty_pass said:

That's not how I interpreted it.

Well I see it as Storm will be god level of power if people have faith in her so she can absorb and transform it energy

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kasya_carey: what you are saying again is correct. there is nothing there that says people have to actively pray for her to be powered. it's the act of believing or having faith that allows her the use of the divine power.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
    ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just had to say its good to see that the last box has been ticked, we've got it on panel, straight from the mouths of x writers and now in an infomrational book.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shepardoakenprime: please say that again!! I love how for years storms fans were called fanboys and all types of disrespectful things only for everything we said to be true! I just love the irony of it all.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@lord_spectrum: Why are you still arguing with them? They'll only believe what supports things they want things to be.

@dernman:

I tried to explain simple things to them ie nature of godlings in Marvel, and hoped they would understand those basic things in this matter, but i guess it was not worth trying at all, since they still stand in the same position. But I guess you are right about their belief, but what happened in latest issues, doesn't support at all things they claim, no matter how much they try to fit the narrative to their wantings.

Storm fans are the worst. This thread proves it

just love it when storm haters are proven wrong ;)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@dernman said:

@lord_spectrum: Why are you still arguing with them? They'll only believe what supports things they want things to be.

@lord_spectrum said:

@dernman:

I tried to explain simple things to them ie nature of godlings in Marvel, and hoped they would understand those basic things in this matter, but i guess it was not worth trying at all, since they still stand in the same position. But I guess you are right about their belief, but what happened in latest issues, doesn't support at all things they claim, no matter how much they try to fit the narrative to their wantings.

@phagxeroth said:

Storm fans are the worst. This thread proves it

just love it when storm haters are proven wrong ;)

Don't waste my time like this again.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Hard to waste time when you've been proven wrong. Just take the L

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By dernman

@kasya_carey: Calling me back here from a long ago post that nobody but a incel loser would truly care about is wasting my time. Either you're trolling or seriously if you think that isn't wasting time then you really need to get a life.

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: well you literally insulted now you got the proof. You read and now you can leave

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By butterflykyss

@dernman: you wasted your own time trying to deny what was clearly stated on panel. hopefully moving forward u take this exchange and being proven wrong into consideration thus preventing any more of your time being wasted.

cheers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By dernman

@butterflykyss: You're just proving me right by continuing to try and argue a long ago post that I haven't even continued to argue.. ugh incel losers need to get a life instead of trying to troll bump a thread. Stop calling me back here.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By butterflykyss

@dernman: and yet you are here again? instead of getting a life i prefer getting you together on being completely wrong. you came to this thread stating inaccuracies hun so you go get that life you desperately see that I find.

WaitOmegaStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Sweetie, just accept that Storm is your Goddess now

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kasya_carey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

So we have Storm stopping a sentient unnatural storm created by Adversary

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here we have Storm overpowering and defeating Adversary.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ororo was referenced as a literal goddess today in fearless 4 by sue Richards. the world is starting to believe in her power!!!! do you?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss

I heard that Storm is a confirmed omega level mutant in House of X #1. How true is that?

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blessedbyhorus said:

@butterflykyss

I heard that Storm is a confirmed omega level mutant in House of X #1. How true is that?

It's true.

No Caption Provided

Yep someone posted it to me on another site. By this I am not sure why Storm keeps getting lowballed.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@son_of_storm said:
    @blessedbyhorus said:

@butterflykyss

It's true.

No Caption Provided

Yep someone posted it to me on another site. By this I am not sure why Storm keeps getting lowballed.

Million dollar question.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391  Edited By butterflykyss

I cant believe I forgot to post these lol

gamer_chic434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant believe I forgot to post these lol

Shame on you lol

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gamer_chic434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamer_chic434: I know I have to do better lmfao

I'm just so elated it's confirmed, solidified and can't be negated at this point that

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamer_chic434: me too beloved! so many people try to sh!t on her but marvel proved them all wrong. I couldnt be any more happy.

The92Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now, we have the entire Marvel Universe, recognizing Storm as a Goddess, I would like to see what all those haters from page 2 and 3 have to say now?!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.