Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23669 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Is Batman A Casual Bullet-Timer?

• 115 results
    BibbyBoxx2219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I wouldn't say so. He usually moves before his foes actually shoot him. He avoids bullets, he doesn't dodge them outright.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes batman is a very casual bullet timer and at least in top 5 at that.Cassandra Cain has like 10 bullet dodging feats compared to batmans 20+.I think batmans most bullet dodging feats are post crisis and aim dodging is load of bs as batman has moved many times after bullet came near him or moved through couples of bullets from all directions and dodging them.Also next versions never needed to dodge bullets as his armour is bullet proof.Also disappearing away in front of someone's eyes>>>>>bullet timing.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

The thing is, some showings are ambiguous...i only take as legit the ones where you can actually tell the character is indeed dodging the bullet or bullets...because all it takes to not get hit, really, is to be faster than the shooter, which means that as long as you can move out of the way of the gun's aim, before the shooter can pul the trigger, you dont get hit...thats not bullet-dodging its aim dodging...hence why its more impressive depending on who the shooter is...the faster and more acurate the shooter is, the more impressive the aim-dodging is...although never as impressive as legit bullet-dodging.

And i think that sometimes, because a character already knows that can dodge the bullet/projectil, they just wait for it to be fired, because its still easy for them, so no pressure :p

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@deathstroke512 said:

Yes batman is a very casual bullet timer and at least in top 5 at that.Cassandra Cain has like 10 bullet dodging feats compared to batmans 20+.I think batmans most bullet dodging feats are post crisis and aim dodging is load of bs as batman has moved many times after bullet came near him or moved through couples of bullets from all directions and dodging them.Also next versions never needed to dodge bullets as his armour is bullet proof.Also disappearing away in front of someone's eyes>>>>>bullet timing.

The thing is, Batman has over 11.000 appearences...so, i wouldn't say that 20 bullet dodging feats is consistent enough for him...although, i can see him doing it.

For Cass it was like, wednsday :P that and other feats like that, such as moving as a blur...and on the current continuity Cass has disappeared in front of Batman :P she has also sneaked on him to ear a conversation he didnt noticed her at first and when some-else pointed out that she was there, he wasn't surprised... :D

Anyway, Batman is one of the fastest peak-humans on DC and Marvel, hes also very agile despite his size, but hes defently got some impressive close-quarters speed.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Alexander505

Some others legit bullet time feats

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Others legit bullet time feats

https://m.imgur.com/a/t2a8Bts

https://m.imgur.com/a/BJLJM

https://m.imgur.com/a/vTwkj

https://m.imgur.com/a/lphPe

https://m.imgur.com/a/1IanH

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Alexander505

No problem. So, as others characters he's a casual bullet timer, but most of the time he use a mix of speed and agility, which is the best choice, especially when there're many shooters. According with his current standard suit, which is perfectly bulletproof (his endurance level depending on the author, it can change) he can just take bullets, as happens sometimes..

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dodges bullets behind a door shooted by KGBeast, who is an expert sniper. The first scan shows definitely a legit bullet time feat..

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman can bullet time with some effort but he gets tagged from time to time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
    deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wouldn't be surprised if his Reaction/Reflexes Speed would be at Speed of Sound.

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be surprised if his Reaction/Reflexes Speed would be at Speed of Sound.

Yep, very likely

Avatar image for superduperbumpe
    SuperDuperBumpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is a casual bullet timer? If it’s like Cassandra Cain who weaves through bullets, or Daredevil who can swat them away without his radar, then no, he is not.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#115  Edited By Antebellum

Maybe of Small Guns sure, like a 9mm or a Glock which is a level I would never write Batman.

Hank_Wimbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Hank_Wimbleton

He absolutelly isn't a casual one, you would propably find couple of actual bullet timing feats here and there, but there is also the amount of showings of him getting tagged by bullets or even way slower things. I think he is CAPABLE OF to dodge a bullet after it's been fired, but he can't do it consistently. He ain't gonna pull a King Bradley and weave around supersonic bullets relative to their speeds meanwhile slicing tankshells around. I would say he's a casual aim dodger with the capability of low-level bullet-time

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.