Writing Confessions

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34601  Edited By The_Shogun

@anthony_stark: One thing I've never liked about the Avengers is that they never have a villain who can physically challenge them. Even Ultron couldn't take out Ironman on his own and he's suppose to be one of the strongest Avengers villains of all time. Loki gets squashed by Hulk, after he was already defeated by -one- Avenger, Thor, previously. At no point do I think 'Wow, the Avengers might lose this fight'.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaf82118d6
deactivated-5a4aaf82118d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: Thor movies worked as they were good movies

You're supposed to put the crack in the evidence locker not smoke it Pyro.

@rive_drakeis: and not even they can make Hulk work on the big screen.

Yet he pulled in a crowd twice with both avengers movies.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's movies were pretty bad over all. The first one was okay kinda for what it was and then it went downhill at the speed of light. They never reached the astronomical levels of suck that Ironman 3 did but lets be real; they're garbage.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

F Lois

Clark and Diana is the one true pairing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's movies were pretty bad over all. The first one was okay kinda for what it was and then it went downhill at the speed of light. They never reached the astronomical levels of suck that Ironman 3 did but lets be real; they're garbage.

lol THANK YOU. Thor movies are the superhero movie equivalent of rice cakes.

Avatar image for ali_sani_bashir
Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: I think that will change with Thanos. In theory anyway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F Lois

No Caption Provided

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: Let's agree to disagree, (but Marvel clearly agree with me hence no solo Hulk movie :P)

But I agree with the Civil War thing. I wonder if it centering on Bucky meant it was a little less than it could have been, if it had followed an actual registration storyline only. But who knows. That may have sucked as they don't have the rights to enough characters.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F Lois

My new favorite viner
My new favorite viner

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark: One thing I've never liked about the Avengers is that they never have a villain who can physically challenge them. Even Ultron couldn't take out Ironman on his own and he's suppose to be one of the strongest Avengers villains of all time. Loki gets squashed by Hulk, after he was already defeated by -one- Avenger, Thor, previously. At no point do I think 'Wow, the Avengers might lose this fight'.

As Gambler said, I hope it changes with Thanos. In the comics he was so strong. Wonder if Thanos will go H2H with Hulk, or are they scared of making him look weak xD I hope not.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man that reminds me they are gonne be awkward again after the Rebirth. Clark is replaced by his pre-52 counterpart and has a kid with Lois LMAO

Oh god I can already see the upheavals.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man that reminds me they are gonne be awkward again after the Rebirth. Clark is replaced by his pre-52 counterpart and has a kid with Lois LMAO

srsly

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F Lois

This is banworthy

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@great_samson said:

srsly

pinkie-swear

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34615  Edited By NighThunder

@rive_drakeis: @ali_sani_bashir:

My niccas.

God damnit I'm not caught up in the new 52. Are they seriously not together?????? I just want Diana and Clark to be together and for Lois to piss off ffs.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: Yeah they're crap lol. I always leave with the impression that Loki is the interesting guy with a powerful inner motivation and Thor is his jock brother only recently graduated from sticking nerds heads in the toliet and their dad caused half of this by loving Thor and treating Loki like the redheaded step child.

Why don't they just make Loki king? It would solve 99.9999999999999% of all their problems lol. He'd probably be a way better king than Odin and a MILLION times better than Thor, who needs to be back on earth doing the only thing he's good at, which is flexing and whacking people with his hammer .

@ali_sani_bashir: I hope so! Ultron gave me a lot of hope for such a villain but it was not to be I guess.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get lois and clark being the classic and everything but come onnnn. Diana and Supes get each other. Their the power-couple.

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

My mom is like the ultimate hustler, we had a pregnancy announcement party, a gender reveal party. And now she throwing a name reveal party

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: Let's agree to disagree, (but Marvel clearly agree with me hence no solo Hulk movie :P)

But I agree with the Civil War thing. I wonder if it centering on Bucky meant it was a little less than it could have been, if it had followed an actual registration storyline only. But who knows. That may have sucked as they don't have the rights to enough characters.

Like I said, they only come to see Hemsworth's non acting ass be pretty. (and I guess we're overlooking that big green is coming into Ragnarok just to carry it for Chris Blandsworth ;P)

Nah that's the same problem in another bag- there was still a lack of fleshing. When the Russo's did him in the last film it was still more or less vaguer than it could have been on how he is the way he is, what kind of person it made him, etc. Civil War not being solely on the reg act I get. A true to plot CW movie would be a three part monster of a movie.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TELL ME THIS ISN'T THE ONE TRUE PAIRING

No Caption Provided

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#34625  Edited By shanana
Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34626  Edited By Anthony_Stark

@rive_drakeis: Clearly not, Hulk is coming into Ragnarok because Hulk can't hold his own movie and him missing in Civil War without a reason is bad for the MCU. It's rumored that Ragnarok and Civil War are taking place around the same time, and because Hulk can't have a standalone movie he needs to be somewhere. It's Marvel being smart, as usual.

Strangely I think a Civil War trilogy would have been amazing or terrible. No idea which one xP

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34628  Edited By Great_Samson

I liked Lois and Clark pre-52 they were like chicken and buttermilk biscuits. Perfect, even considering the damsel in distress thing. She was like his moral support, lots of history behind them dudes.

I like Diana and Clark n52 because Lois in this universe is nothing but a bossy card. The first chance she had she literally sold Clark out to the world for a front page story and he almost died because of that. Also, Diana is badass but she's kinda like the snake in Adam's Eden sometimes being all warrior and stuff.

Just my two cents.

Now since old Lois is also coming along with old Clark, I'm hopping ships back home again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: Don't 'my nicca" me' I'm not sure which I'm stronger about, shipping Clark and Lois or unshipping Diana and Clark lol

@the_shogun said:

@rive_drakeis: Yeah they're crap lol. I always leave with the impression that Loki is the interesting guy with a powerful inner motivation and Thor is his jock brother only recently graduated from sticking nerds heads in the toliet and their dad caused half of this by loving Thor and treating Loki like the redheaded step child.

Why don't they just make Loki king? It would solve 99.9999999999999% of all their problems lol. He'd probably be a way better king than Odin and a MILLION times better than Thor, who needs to be back on earth doing the only thing he's good at, which is flexing and whacking people with his hammer .

@ali_sani_bashir: I hope so! Ultron gave me a lot of hope for such a villain but it was not to be I guess.

lol pretty much. It's like they want us to sympathize with douche bags in Thor movies, which I just...don't, and should be expected to do lol

I think that's the premise of Ragnarok in a negative way. But I fully agree. Honestly think he's justified in thinking he should get the throne, he'd make a better King than Odin or Thor either way.

Why are y'all spoiler blocking Thanos info btw. If someone here doesn't know about Thanos yet they can gtfo lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: Clearly not, Hulk is coming into Ragnarok because Hulk can't hold his own movie

You sure that's not the other way around? Info presented seems to say otherwise lol

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: You know what I think I'm wrong, I retract what I was saying about Hulk not being sellable. If this is true, well, it's new to me. Although it does contradict the two other movies they made.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark: Hulk Suffered bad publicity and was made too soon the second time around. With the major flop in 03', he shouldn't have been Iron Man's follow up. The movie was actually good regardless of what general opinion people want to follow. Failure in the market doesn't mean failure as a well made film.

Thor on the other hand is a 5/10 both times with it's only saving grace being the fangirl demographic.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are y'all spoiler blocking Thanos info btw. If someone here doesn't know about Thanos yet they can gtfo lol

Whenever LL and Mercy are in a thread I spoiler block all movie references cause they're heathens who have never seen anything.

Sleuth wears a Superman shirt in Goonies. Its cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: You know what I think I'm wrong, I retract what I was saying about Hulk not being sellable. If this is true, well, it's new to me. Although it does contradict the two other movies they made.

Yeah that;s right EAT IT NNNNNN.

I kid. But I have been wondering why they haven;t made it yet. Clealy after Avengers 1 (Which was definitely his redemption for any issues with the past versions) and A2 (where his fight was basically the saving grace of the film) he's proven to be worth pouring money into.

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34636  Edited By Anthony_Stark
@rive_drakeis said:

it's only saving grace being the fangirl demographic.

That's actually false. The audience was 72 percent people 25 years old and older. Taken from this source. No idea if true, but I don't know why they'd lie.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34637  Edited By Straight-Fire

Why does Iron Man 3 get so much hate??? The reception for it isn't bad.

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: I actually do legit want World War Hulk and Planet Hulk. No way in hell would those be boring.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: Yeah. Its like they want us to cheer for the meat head bad guy in an 80's teen movie or something lol.

One thing that always irritates me about that stuff is the respect people show Odin. And Black Panther, to a lesser extent. Like when they address him as 'Your Majesty' in Civil War. What now? Another unelected ruler of an African country that hasn't had an election in who knows how long who has absolute power and rules for life. What could possibly go wrong. I mean, besides all the things that always went wrong in every country that ever had kings EVER.

And they just take it on faith that a king deserves respect. That is one little thing that annoyed me because it isn't a Disney movie. Today kings are harmless tourist attractions or dictators clinging to power atop a pile of bodies (same as it ever was). Now, BP is a really good person.. but they don't know that. They're just reacting to a station they shouldn't have any respect for, not reacting to the person because they don't know him yet.

Same with Odin. He's the king, the Odin force, blahblah who cares? Loki's right to rule is just as legitimate as Odins or Thors. There isn't anything wrong with overthrowing an illegitimate government. We've done it ourselves.

Sometimes I don't see movies for a REALLY long time so I understand when other people haven't seen them either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis said:

Whenever LL and Mercy are in a thread I spoiler block all movie references cause they're heathens who have never seen anything.

Sleuth wears a Superman shirt in Goonies. Its cool

lol I swear if they didn't know about Thanos I'm going to G-Man about a Mod hammer revoking.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#34641  Edited By Last_Guardian

The Hulk movie (the one staring Edward Norton Jr.) was awesome.

I'd put the Phase 1 movies down like this.

1. Avengers
  2. Iron Man
  3. The Incredible Hulk
  4. Thor
  5. Captain America
  6. Iron Man 2

Mind you, I haven't seen them for a while and I'm working mostly from memory but that's how I remember my enjoyment of them.

Thor 2 would then go between Captain America and Iron Man 2 with Winter Soldier taking the top spot and Iron Man 3 taking the bottom.

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: At least War Machine sounded sarcastic about it. He really didnt hold back (verbally) in this movie. He was very sure about his position and it had nothing to do with being Stark's boy. In one line he kinda hit all those notes (just a title for an unelected official who at that moment was no better then Cap who he had just labeled a criminal)

Loki_Laufeyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: Yeah. Its like they want us to cheer for the meat head bad guy in an 80's teen movie or something lol.

One thing that always irritates me about that stuff is the respect people show Odin. And Black Panther, to a lesser extent. Like when they address him as 'Your Majesty' in Civil War. What now? Another unelected ruler of an African country that hasn't had an election in who knows how long who has absolute power and rules for life. What could possibly go wrong. I mean, besides all the things that always went wrong in every country that ever had kings EVER.

And they just take it on faith that a king deserves respect. That is one little thing that annoyed me because it isn't a Disney movie. Today kings are harmless tourist attractions or dictators clinging to power atop a pile of bodies (same as it ever was). Now, BP is a really good person.. but they don't know that. They're just reacting to a station they shouldn't have any respect for, not reacting to the person because they don't know him yet.

Same with Odin. He's the king, the Odin force, blahblah who cares? Loki's right to rule is just as legitimate as Odins or Thors. There isn't anything wrong with overthrowing an illegitimate government. We've done it ourselves.

Sometimes I don't see movies for a REALLY long time so I understand when other people haven't seen them either.

THANK YOU.

;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis said:

it's only saving grace being the fangirl demographic.

That's actually false. The audience was 72 percent people 25 years old and older. Taken from this source. No idea if true, but I don't know why they'd lie.

Fangirls come in all ages. They don't have to be tweens. if anything I'd say the biggest fans are women in their forties.

Well I can't really defend a monarchy, but showing a person in control of a nation respect I think is a must. Especially when your on the global stage like the Avengers are, with Tony being sold as pretty much the master of American economy and Cap being basically the spokesman for the U.S.

It also seems like Wakanda has a known history of being a private but generous country since we both here them talk about their reclusiveness as well as their relief efforts early in the film.

Odin, idk, honestly I think the whole character is ridiculous. Why is Anthony Hopkins playing him? That always bugged me and his role always seemed phoned in. I would've rather seen the guy who played hellboy in that role.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ali_Sani_Bashir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. I'll co-sign that lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_guardian said:

I'd put the Phase 1 movies down like this.

1. Avengers
  2. Iron Man
  3. The Incredible Hulk
  4. Thor
  5. Captain America
  6. Iron Man 2

Mind you, I haven't seen them for a while and I'm working mostly from memory but that's how I remember my enjoyment of them.

Thor 2 would then go between Captain America and Iron Man 2 with Winter Soldier taking the top spot and Iron Man 3 taking the bottom.

I'd swap thor with Cap but other than that I can dig it. Only reason Thor even goes higher than IM2 for me is because it was basically GotG of it's phase with the fresh change in pace of it's phase.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor had a sailor moon scene. That basically sums it up for me.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

@rive_drakeis: Yeah. I enjoyed Thor a lot because it opened up the space stuff a little bit. It also felt a lot more epic in scale than most of the movies before it.

Captain America was great. Only problem with it for me is that, looking back, it feels a little unmemorable. Like I still remember lines from every single one of these movies but not CA. Maybe I just have to watch it again with fresh eyes. I think it's the only one of those movies I didn't watch in theaters.

Loki_Laufeyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rive_drakeis: Thought I'd drop by just for that comment.

Never been a character I've really known how to use since I wanted to make him very chaotic and manipulative (less interested in being ruler of Asgard and more interested in messing up Midgard for LOLs). Unless I was manipulating people OOC because I know I could slip things past them, it's rather unlikely anyone would sell their super genius characters as being duped by a man (or woman) in horns.