• 166 results
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

It feels like I paid $8 to watch the same film twice, except this time it had more humor.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@petey_is_spidey:

Better acting

Better action

More Action

WAY less Boring streaks

Better editing

Better timing

Etc...

I can go on all day.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is ridiculous, these movies were supposed to debut the same day, Civil War´s script was already finished before the first trailer of BvS came out, literally this is a thread made by a fan upset by the fact that Civil War is demolishing BvS.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: IKR, CW was much better.

Read two comments up, calling them the same movie... That's a joke.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love said:

@thor_parker82: IKR, CW was much better.

Read two comments up, calling them the same movie... That's a joke.

Just angry fans man, let them be haha.

Civil War is awesome.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love:

Better acting

They were even.

Better action

They had far more action to display, so they win in numbers. Plus, the action was of two large varieties. Scaled down street leveler type vs large scale fantasy

More Action

Not necessarily a good thing.

WAY less Boring streaks

Your opinion. Watching CW, there were FAR TOO MANY damn action sequences. Felt like the movie couldn't sit down for 15 minutes without someone punching someone else.

Better editing

CW had its fair share of editing problems. It would switch scenes out of no where, with nothing but the setting in big white letters to tell you what just happened. Also, the tone shifts in the movie were annoying.

Better timing

What does this even mean?

js_the_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil War > BvS. The hate is real. You wanna talk similarities but ignore the differences which are probably triple the similarities.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil War pooped on BvS I'm sorry, it's just a superior film. And I'm not a hater at all, I went and paid money more than once to see BvS.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformaa: On mobile now I'll try to keep it neat.

1. Lmao you can't be serious... Batman didn't want to kill Superman because he mentioned his mothers name, he wanted to kill Superman long before that which is why they got to that point. Tony wanted to kill Bucky solely because he killed his parents. Superman had NOTHING to do with Bruce's parents this isn't even a similarity lol. You can say BvS did it better because they did two different things.

2. So it's only a problem when CW and BvS have similarities? They're similar to a lot of other movies and just CBMs. So how is CW copying off BvS like your title says?

3. I never heard anything about CW having better CGI. I commented on your comment about both movies having action like they aren't suppose to.

4. How is bringing up Gwen not staying on topic? You're saying CW is copying off BvS because Clark was trying to save his mother like how Cap was trying to save his friend. These characters are trying to save people every movie they're in.

5. As soon as he found out Bucky killed his parents he was about to go after Bucky and Steve put his hand in front and stopped him. That was BEFORE Steve told Tony he knew.

6. So what if Steve had the opportunity to kill Tony and didn't. The difference is Bruce's mission was to kill Clark whereas Steve's mission was to escape. See the difference?

7. Lmao what evidence do you have they changed their script because of BvS? IIRC even Spider-Man was already written into the script before they even came to a deal with Sony.

8. I thought you were referring to Zemo and Bucky.

9. And you're missing the point. Peter has been Spider-Man for 6 months. Who says Tony found out in a few days who he was? We don't even know when Tony found out. We know there's videos all over YouTube of him and Tony has some of the best technology in the MCU. It's plausible for him to figure the secret identity of rookie 15-16 year old hero. I actually didn't have a problem with Lex finding out Clark's identity Lois managed to do the same thing. I have a problem with him finding out Diana's identity who's been around for thousands of years yet only he knows about her? Or Batman who's been operating in Gotham for 20 years and ppl still think he's a myth yet Lex finds out his secret identity. What Aquaman? Why would he even send probes in the water looking for Aquaman?

10. What "100 other ways" are there? The only options are escape, death or imprisonment. There's been a few MCU villains that have been arrested. Why is CW copying off BvS because of that? Lol.

11. You only gave about 2 actual similarities. Similarities that these two films share with a plethora of other films. You're just nitpicking because CW was received better than BvS. BvS wasn't that bad but it also wasn't that great either, deal with it.

12. And people that say BvS is the worst CBM movie ever are usually considered trolls but people are also entitled to their own opinions like your opinion that BvS was great.

13. When did I bash BvS? I was rooting for BvS before it came and since it's released been saying the same thing "it's not the worst CBM movie but it's not the best either" and that's my opinion. Just like its your opinion that "BvS was more epic than CW". But if someone else says otherwise they're a hater or bashing BvS? I'm not blind and I don't have a love for Marvel I have a love for good films that I like. CW being recieved better or overall being a better film than BvS doesn't effect any of us in the slight so I'm not sure why you're so worked up about it.

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: It means there where no random dreams, and ugly flash's appearing out of no where.

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love: you really just want to believe that

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformaa: It's because the general public HATE anything that isn't Marvel. They go out of their way to look for things to nitpick about other movies, but when those flaws are evident in a Marvel film they just look the other way.

The narrative was to hate BvS so people jumped in on the hate instead of critically forming opinions of their own.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

1.wanting to take down a guy who killed your parents isnt the same as instantly becoming buddies because someones mom has the same name as yours.

2.Cap not choosing to kill Tony was taken directly from the Civil War comic.

3. Its not hard to believe that Tony could find out who Pete was. Spidey's a freaking teenager swinging around new york in a homemade suit. he doesnt have Flash level superspeed, technopathy, nor does he live underwater,

4. i think it was pretty clear that Steve would be trying to find and save his best friend since that literally what they said they were gonna do in the last movie.

It's pretty ironic that civil war had so many similarities to Dawn of Justice..Even the same similarities\ plot holes BvS got criticize heavily for. In BvS people and the government think Superman is too powerful and wanted to restrict him; whereas in CW, they think the Avengers are too powerful and UN wanted to restrict their action too. In BvS Batman wanted to take down Superman, in CW Iron Man wanted to take down Captain America. In BvS we saw a very angry Batman fighting Superman and in CW we saw a very angry Iron Man fighting Captain America in their final fight. In both movies they have heavy action. But in BvS they refer the action scenes cgi crap but in CW it's the greatest CB battles of all time. In BvS Superman fought Batman because he wanted to rescue his mother, and in CW, Captain America wanted to save his best friend. Iron Man lost his emotion, and had a Martha moment when he found out who killed his parents, Batman was in the same situation when he thought Superman was mentioning his mother's name and he didn't know why. In both movies, one superhero could kill the other superhero in the battle but didn't at the last moment; One was using a Kryptonite spear, the other one used the Captain America's shield. In both movies, there's a bad guy behind manipulating the fight. Lex and Zemo. In both movies there are bombs going off at hearings and in both movies a main character is being blamed for violent accusations he didn't do. In both movies a genius figured out a secret identity that only he knew about. But Zack Snyder got ridiculed for him have Lex figure out identies for meta humans for 2 years. While Ironman found out who spiderman was in days or even hours..Is that not a plot hole? Or is it not because Disney Marvel can do whatever they want and fans will call it a masterpiece..In both movies the main villains end up in prison..Out of all these similarities..One movie is often referred to being the worst CBM of all time..and the other is being considered the greatest CBM of all time..lol..The Marvel praise is real and the DC hate is manufactured by Marvel fans because I just proved it!

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By conner_wolf

@transformaa: You mean the two movies that were written up at the same time and based off of previously established comic book stories that happened years before either movie was published?

Yeah, sure, Civil War 'copied' Batman v Superman just because it came out second, and that was only because DC moved their slate up.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@theironlord: Why would anyone, ANYONE who isn't an utter zombie switch from Marvel to DC? Putting aside that by all accounts Marvel (at least in their cinematic universe) is clearly superior. Is it really impossible for you to imagine someone who just wants to watch both? Take your fanboy goggles off, as a fan of comics and movies in general, I wanted BvS to be better than Civil War, I wanted it to be great, but it wasn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love:

Your opinion. Watching CW, there were FAR TOO MANY damn action sequences. Felt like the movie couldn't sit down for 15 minutes without someone punching someone else.

I'm so confused by this statement.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.

Goodguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did copied but made it better

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilostthekey: Thats Exactly my point.!.80% of the guys here will throw so much salt on BvS..CW has some great and poor qualities, but I'm not going to bash the movie..I'm just saying they both have similarities..But that's not even good enough for disney fans..lol..They need to hear people say BvS sucked and CW is the greatest..lol keeps them fueled up

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

CW pulled it off 100x better than BvS sounds like DC fans are just a bit salty CW is crushing critically and at the box office.

Also it could not have copied BvS as Civil War's script and filming would've been done way before BvS came out or even had a trailer so 'copying' is out of the question. Also those similarities are stretching a lot and even if they were as similar as is being made out just because two films have similar plot lines doesn't mean they should both be rated the same one did it way better than the other which is why it is doing so well. I also think they were pretty much not similar at all they were completely different.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilostthekey: saw it twice. Still not a great movie at all, get over it. MCU has missteps too ( I've never watched IM2 all the way through to this day) but BvS was disappointing.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: he's a DC fan disguised as a Marvel fan so he can bash everything Marvel without being outed, just scan his posts.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@ilostthekey:

It's because the general public HATE anything that isn't Marvel. They go out of their way to look for things to nitpick about other movies, but when those flaws are evident in a Marvel film they just look the other way.

The narrative was to hate BvS so people jumped in on the hate instead of critically forming opinions of their own.

Erm, Nolan's Batman trilogy says hello. BvS simply failed to deliver the hype built for 3 years, tha's why people are pissed.

This video summarizes everything:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civil War was still better.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

LOL.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not this again.... -_-

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@love said:

@petey_is_spidey:

Better acting

Better action

More Action

WAY less Boring streaks

Better editing

Better timing

Etc...

I can go on all day.

All of these claims are opinions. Lmao

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@love said:

@passingthroughv2: I think Banner will side with Tony, I know Strange will.

no way!! with Ross in there theres no way he would be in team Ironman

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformaa: It's because the general public HATE anything that isn't Marvel. They go out of their way to look for things to nitpick about other movies, but when those flaws are evident in a Marvel film they just look the other way.

or maybe BvS was not that good of a movie and im a fan of both Dc and MArvel but cmon CW was a much better film! by a large margin

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pft, who cares? Civil War delivered it better.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:

@love:

I'm so confused by this statement.

There were too many fight scenes. I don't know how to explain that any clearer.

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikr2 said:
@ilostthekey said:

or maybe BvS was not that good of a movie and im a fan of both Dc and MArvel but cmon CW was a much better film! by a large margin

I never said it was an oscar nominee. What I'm saying is that the same elements that were in BvS that got severely criticized, were completely ignored when they were in CW.

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilostthekey:

It's because the general public HATE anything that isn't Marvel. They go out of their way to look for things to nitpick about other movies, but when those flaws are evident in a Marvel film they just look the other way.

Erm, Nolan's Batman trilogy says hello. BvS simply failed to deliver the hype built for 3 years, tha's why people are pissed.

This video summarizes everything:

Loading Video...

That's one man's opinion and he's no authority (beyond having a youtube channel). Why would I take it as proof of anything?

As I said before:

I never said it was an oscar nominee. What I'm saying is that the same elements that were in BvS that got severely criticized, were completely ignored when they were in CW.

That's it. If you want to get into opinions, then it is my opinion that I enjoyed both equally. Maybe BvS a little more.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilostthekey:

Did you even watch the video, it had solid arguments and reasons as to why a couple of elements in the movie made no flipping sense. I'm not going to get into the whole "it's my opinion, so you can't criticise it" debate but whatever. MARTHA!

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#91  Edited By Jgames

@transformaa: No, civil war was not better because it has less gloom. It was better because you can follow the story, there action between the movie to show how awesome the heroes are. The built up to the fight show a strong reason for both oppenent to fight, not just one of them. The villain was just a tool so that both hero can fight like a good vs movie and have that be the grand event.

If anything civil war was more mature when it came to collateral damage, something that wasn't explored that much in BvS.

The only thing I like better was the dark visual in BvS, but all the dark grittiness only work on Batman, while Superman was just underwhelmng and brooding. Supermam is a ultra strong flying alien, and you only have him fight at the third act wtf. That a waste of a character and he only had 43 lines. That my problem with BvS. Not because is not happy, which was a minor complain about civil war.

Edit:Also Batman was awesome in BvS is the only reason I find the movie entertaining.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: But....did you miss the scenes where they had everyone sit down and literally talk about their viewpoints?

Peggy's funeral?

Wanda and Cap talking about the consequences of her actions?

Wanda and Vision romance?

Meeting Peter Parker?

Everything to do with Zemo?

Heck, even the airport battle had an big scene where both sides tried to talk the other one down.

There was a LOT of talking in this film.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Regardless of if Civil War did copy BvS or not it doesn't change the fact that it was downright better in every respect.

If someone cooks a crap cake and someone else then cooks a delicious cake you don't eat the terrible cake and praise it just because the other person made it first.....end cake metaphor.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@petey_is_spidey: But....did you miss the scenes where they had everyone sit down and literally talk about their viewpoints?

Peggy's funeral?

Wanda and Cap talking about the consequences of her actions?

Wanda and Vision romance?

Meeting Peter Parker?

Everything to do with Zemo?

Heck, even the airport battle had an big scene where both sides tried to talk the other one down.

There was a LOT of talking in this film.

Of course there was talking in this film. I was using hyperbole (Does no one get sarcasm and figure of speech?)

However, the movie's themes were underdeveloped and could have been explored far more, in between all the punching and terrible jokes.

Also, the talking during the airport battle was just straight up bad; it took away from the suspense, and most of the jokes fell flat.

There were quite a few action sequences that they could have removed to elevate this film. Instead of a suspenseful story WITH great action, it felt like a great action film WITH a "suspenseful" story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Regardless of if Civil War did copy BvS or not it doesn't change the fact that it was downright better in every respect.

If someone cooks a crap cake and someone else then cooks a delicious cake you don't eat the terrible cake and praise it just because the other person made it first.....end cake metaphor.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my goodness. Apparently you're a hypocrite for saying the MCU did everything the DCEU failed to achieve by actually being infinity times better at it's own major failures. How the hell did they manage to copy BvS in the course of a month? The idiocy is strong in half of you. Oh well the DCEU has SS as its last redemption film, hopefully that goes well. Cara Delevigne for life!

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@ilostthekey:

Did you even watch the video, it had solid arguments and reasons as to why a couple of elements in the movie made no flipping sense. I'm not going to get into the whole "it's my opinion, so you can't criticise it" debate but whatever. MARTHA!

I disagree with some of the video argument even though I am a huge nostalgia critic fan, but agree that it has flaw but still enjoyable to watch in theater despite lots of flaw and worth watching.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Of course they did...they just made it you know: good.