• 166 results
Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Hungry_Sharky

Dawn of Justice was a big trailer for Justice League. With no humor at all whatsoever and a pretty incoherent story. Civil War was just the opposite.

But don't listen to me, take it from the box office. Or better yet, any movie critic. ;)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#152 wildvine  Moderator
Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing these movies have in common is that at some point superheroes fight each Other, idk why this thread exists.I read the initial post and it was reaching at best.

Government oversight through the UN with the accords is not the same as a congressional hearing to hold SM accountable and question him. The former seeks to delegate when and where the Avengers are allowed to intervene and the other is a hearing.

Lex poorly orchestrated the whole plot and was a hollow character while Zemo was fleshed out and only exacerbated an existing problem by manipulating political climate and the winter soilder.

BM and SM never had a dialogue and were never friends before so their dynamic was vastly different than Tony and CA who are friends and not a) paranoid xenophobes with no regards to other life b) mopey figures with a Messiah complex

There was no third act monster movie reject in CW

I could keep going but the bottom line is this thread is a reductionist look at two very different movies complaining about imagined slights because one of them was terrible. CA:CW was a better movie. It was great. That doesn't mean DC isn't a good company and won't make good movies, it's just that BvS wasn't as well put together. Whether that makes it bad is up to the viewer ultimately but the Box office agrees with their sharp decline, critis agree and a lot of movie goers agree. If you liked it, fine. That's okay, no one can tell you how to feel, but don't whine when other people have opinions that differ.

the OP does make some interesting connections but I think it makes more sense to compare BvS to other setup films like Ironman 2 or AoU. That said, a few things about your comment:

1. I wouldn't say Lex poorly orchestrated the entire plot. it has been a minute since I've seen the movie but it really wasn't that convoluted iirc. Essentially - jesse- Lex jr. was abused physically and possibly sexually by his father - earth 1 as we know him - Lex sr. So Lex is angry at God for not saving him. He can’t seek vengeance against God but he can against Superman who is viewed as one.

He wanted batman to either kill superman or have superman kill batman thereby ruining his public image. For the most part superman is looked at as a hero for saving Metropolis hence the statue. As Lex says "If god is all powerful, then he cannot be all good or if he is all good, he cannot be all powerful".

2. Batman was pretty much a paranoid xenophobe, can't argue that. But the beginning sets up rather well why he feels that way.

3. Superman doesn’t have a messiah complex. Dialogue like this doesn't come from someone who thinks of himself as a god:

Superman: All this time I've been living my life the way my father saw it. Righting wrongs for a ghost, thinking I'm here to do good. Superman was never real. Just the dream of a farmer from Kansas.

Lois Lane: That farmer's dream is all some people have. It's all that gives them hope.

[touches the S shield]

Lois Lane: This means something.

Superman: It did on my world. My world doesn't exist anymore

Avatar image for passingthroughv2
passingthroughv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TyrantComics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

happens all the time marvel and DC have spy's that get them information from the other side.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82 said:

This is ridiculous, these movies were supposed to debut the same day, Civil War´s script was already finished before the first trailer of BvS came out, literally this is a thread made by a fan upset by the fact that Civil War is demolishing BvS.

Not trying to add air to the flames but apparently what you said is not the case: http://screenrant.com/captain-america-civil-war-batman-v-superman-inspired/

According to the Russos:

Kevin [Feige] is a maverick and he’s very sensitive to how people are responding to his content. He said he thought we might be right. And after they announced Batman v. Superman, he said, ‘you guys are absolutely right.’ We needed to do something challenging with the material or we were going to start to lose the audience.

They may have taken the idea of include more than one supehero, but the stories were written at around the same time, and like I said, Civil War´s script was done before the very forst railer of BvS was released, and that´s a fact.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

You do realize Civil War is a Marvel comic book event from like a decade ago, right?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Get out.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Nobody in their right mind would copy that garbage anyway.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing these movies have in common is that at some point superheroes fight each Other, idk why this thread exists.I read the initial post and it was reaching at best.

Government oversight through the UN with the accords is not the same as a congressional hearing to hold SM accountable and question him. The former seeks to delegate when and where the Avengers are allowed to intervene and the other is a hearing.

Lex poorly orchestrated the whole plot and was a hollow character while Zemo was fleshed out and only exacerbated an existing problem by manipulating political climate and the winter soilder.

BM and SM never had a dialogue and were never friends before so their dynamic was vastly different than Tony and CA who are friends and not a) paranoid xenophobes with no regards to other life b) mopey figures with a Messiah complex

There was no third act monster movie reject in CW

I could keep going but the bottom line is this thread is a reductionist look at two very different movies complaining about imagined slights because one of them was terrible. CA:CW was a better movie. It was great. That doesn't mean DC isn't a good company and won't make good movies, it's just that BvS wasn't as well put together. Whether that makes it bad is up to the viewer ultimately but the Box office agrees with their sharp decline, critis agree and a lot of movie goers agree. If you liked it, fine. That's okay, no one can tell you how to feel, but don't whine when other people have opinions that differ.

This

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Heatforce

@thor_parker82 said:
@heatforce said:
@thor_parker82 said:

This is ridiculous, these movies were supposed to debut the same day, Civil War´s script was already finished before the first trailer of BvS came out, literally this is a thread made by a fan upset by the fact that Civil War is demolishing BvS.

Not trying to add air to the flames but apparently what you said is not the case: http://screenrant.com/captain-america-civil-war-batman-v-superman-inspired/

According to the Russos:

Kevin [Feige] is a maverick and he’s very sensitive to how people are responding to his content. He said he thought we might be right. And after they announced Batman v. Superman, he said, ‘you guys are absolutely right.’ We needed to do something challenging with the material or we were going to start to lose the audience.

They may have taken the idea of include more than one supehero, but the stories were written at around the same time, and like I said, Civil War´s script was done before the very forst railer of BvS was released, and that´s a fact.

I can beleive that. Plus it's kind of cool how the studios influence each other.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#163  Edited By Loki9876

There might be some similarities but Civil war was close to finished if not finished when the movie was release, it doesn't fit the timeline.
Also Civil War did it way better. Batman v. Superman was too dreary and takes itself way too serious.
It also looks like Zack Snyder doesn't know who these characters are and changes them to what he wants.
There are a lot more reasons why Batman v. Superman was bad in my opinion.
And I really wanted Batman v. Superman to be good. I hope Suicide Squad will be good (I think it will).
Don't accuse me of hating DC. I read a lot of DC comics.
Just accept the fact people didn't like the movie as much as you did.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dawn of Justice was a big trailer for Justice League. With no humor at all whatsoever and a pretty incoherent story. Civil War was just the opposite.

But don't listen to me, take it from the box office. Or better yet, any movie critic. ;)

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Dude... A lot of the script had literally started to be written after the winter soldier...

Night_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is such an irrelevant thread. It doesn't really matter about the two films having similarities, Civil War would have finished filming long before BvS was released, it's hardly like one could have copied the other without insider secrets. Besides, both stories are based off stories from the comics.

The only thing which is likely to be true is that once one company decided to produce a superhero vs superhero film, the other decided to follow suit.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#169 the_stegman  Moderator

So close to having this toxic thread die out, and someone had to bump it...